[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
More.......................
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
American Honda reports January sales
Acura Marks 15th Anniversary of Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™
Honda releases pricing and EPA information for 2019 Passport
American Honda Reports December Sales
American Honda Reports November Sales
General Talk --> Re: Said Goodbye to the MDX Today
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Will Honda join Aston Martin and Red Bull with Sports Cars
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Z6 head studs
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - Toro Rosso STR14 Pictures
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda Loses a $38 Million Liability Lawsuit
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2020 Honda Fit Render
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Swindon in peril
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Facts about HMA - 60 years of AHM - 50 years of CB750
Join Discussion......
Audio & Electronics --> Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Kandi EV Approved for US
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Timid AHM marketing
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Poor reliability scores for Honda and Acura
Join Discussion......
TOV Asia --> Re: Honda JP Sales 2018: Hybrids make up 55% of reg. cars
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > TSX > > Re: TSX Sportwagon - rear washer not squirting

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
TSX Sportwagon - rear washer not squirting    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-13-2018 17:18
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Anybody else had this problem with their 2011-2014 Sportwagon?

I was driving ours today and noticed that nothing was squirting out when I hit the rear washer. When the car is stopped I can hear the motor activating for the front and rear squirters. The front is squirting fine but the rear is dry.

I was going to try to get access to the nozzle but I don't see an obvious way to remove the 3rd brake light lens. I assume it snaps into place but I don't want to force it and find out its fastened some other way.

Any ideas?

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
FIXED Re: TSX Sportwagon - rear washer not squirting    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-13-2018 18:35
well, it turned out to be relatively easy to fix. Seems that the nozzle was clogged. I figured out how to remove the trim between the 3rd brake light and the spoiler. Then there were 2 screws which dropped the 3rd brakelight enough to give me access to 2 more screws which allowed me to remove the nozzle. I disconnected it from the hose, tested the squirter and washer fluid was squirting out of the hose. So then I just forced air through the nozzle and that seems to have unclogged it. I put it all back together and it seems to be as good as new.

I snapped a few pics. I'll come back later and put them here.

EDIT: Ok, here are the pics

Last edited by JeffX on 11-13-2018 18:45
TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: TSX Sportwagon - rear washer not squirting    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-13-2018 18:44
JeffX wrote:
well, it turned out to be relatively easy to fix. Seems that the nozzle was clogged. I figured out how to remove the trim between the 3rd brake light and the spoiler. Then there were 2 screws which dropped the 3rd brakelight enough to give me access to 2 more screws which allowed me to remove the nozzle. I disconnected it from the hose, tested the squirter and washer fluid was squirting out of the hose. So then I just forced air through the nozzle and that seems to have unclogged it. I put it all back together and it seems to be as good as new.

Couldn't you just use a compressed air can and squirt into the nozzle from the outside in without taking anything apart?

The squirt would dislodge the big blocking piece and break it into smaller bits that could then be washed out with the liquid coming out under pressure.

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: TSX Sportwagon - rear washer not squirting    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-13-2018 18:51
TonyEX wrote:
JeffX wrote:

Couldn't you just use a compressed air can and squirt into the nozzle from the outside in without taking anything apart?

The squirt would dislodge the big blocking piece and break it into smaller bits that could then be washed out with the liquid coming out under pressure.

I could've tried that and it was actually the first thing I thought of trying, but then I looked at the corner of my garage where my compressor is stashed and I was too lazy to dig it out. This took me all of about 8 minutes total, including the photography.

I didn't think a can of compressed air would be sufficient, but maybe it would've been.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: TSX Sportwagon - rear washer not squirting    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-13-2018 19:48
JeffX wrote:
TonyEX wrote:
JeffX wrote:

I could've tried that and it was actually the first thing I thought of trying, but then I looked at the corner of my garage where my compressor is stashed and I was too lazy to dig it out. This took me all of about 8 minutes total, including the photography.

I didn't think a can of compressed air would be sufficient, but maybe it would've been.

A small pin?

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: TSX Sportwagon - rear washer not squirting    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-13-2018 19:58
TonyEX wrote:
JeffX wrote:
TonyEX wrote:
JeffX wrote:

A small pin?

I thought of that too but I think my hands are too large to reach into that area. The squirter is tucked back in there. I actually tried getting in there with a wire brush but it didn't do anything.

SHOBU
Profile for SHOBU
Re: TSX Sportwagon - rear washer not squirting    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-15-2018 10:59
I wonder how much a dealership would have charged for that 8 minutes of effort ... LOL

Pays to be handy.

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: TSX Sportwagon - rear washer not squirting    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-15-2018 11:16
SHOBU wrote:
I wonder how much a dealership would have charged for that 8 minutes of effort ... LOL

Pays to be handy.

yes and they probably would have started with using a compressor to blow the clog out in the first place. It might have taken them less than 1 minute to fix it, haha.

For me it's less about the money, but the time taken to set the appointment, drive over, sit in the waiting room for an hour or so, and then drive back. That's why I always try to investigate if it's something simple that can be handled at home.

last week when the battery crapped out in the CR-V, while I had it in for the replacement I told them about a tick/rattle I was hearing from the rear. I had already tracked it down to the latch on the left rear seatback, and google searches made it sound like the latch would have to be replaced, so I never bothered messing with it. Well, I got the car back and the noise was completely gone. I assumed they replaced the latch but when I asked them they were like "oh no, all we had to do was hit it with some shin-etsu grease". And it really worked. It's silent now. It made me wonder how much THAT "repair" would have cost out of warranty. If the sound comes back, I have a tube of shin-etsu in the garage ready to go.

Profiler
Profile for Profiler
Re: TSX Sportwagon - rear washer not squirting    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-15-2018 13:31
Similar to my BMW 3 convert
Front washer refused to squirt
Went to YouTube

It was this simple

Open hood
Passenger side next to windshield locate black tube
Pull black tube out
Blow on it for 10 seconds
Reinsert tube
Voila squirter works

BMW quoted 1500 dollars to replace water tank and pump
The actual tank is located between passengers door and wheel well

Profiler
Profile for Profiler
Re: TSX Sportwagon - rear washer not squirting    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-15-2018 13:34
Similar to my BMW 3 convert
Front washer refused to squirt
Went to YouTube

It was this simple

Open hood
Passenger side next to windshield locate black tube
Pull black tube out
Blow on it for 10 seconds
Reinsert tube
Voila squirter works

BMW quoted 1500 dollars to replace water tank and pump
The actual tank is located between passengers door and wheel well

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0