[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
All-New 2019 Honda Passport Starts Adventure with Global Debut in Los Angeles
More.......................
2019 CR-V goes on sale with few changes, nominal price increase
2019 Honda Civic Type R and Civic Hatchback Accelerate into Dealerships
American Honda Reports October Sales
Honda Rugged Open Air Vehicle Concept Debuts at 2018 SEMA Show
SEMA: Graham Rahal Injects Style, Power and Performance to Custom Acura RDX A-Spec
NSX GT3 Evo To Compete Globally in 2019
2019 Acura ILX Arrives with Dynamic New Styling, Major Technology Upgrades and New A-Spec Treatment
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: Hydrogen Power coming back into focus?
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: 2019 RAV4
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2019 Acura/Honda Debuts
Join Discussion......
Clarity --> Re: Climate pre-conditioning
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Carlos Ghosn arrested! He gone
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: The Grinch "Takeover". Thoughts?
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 2019 Civic MPG Down
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: Type S Announcment at LA
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: 2019 Mazda CX-5 Turbo
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2018 Honda F1 PU
Join Discussion......
Service Experiences --> Need a good shop in South SF
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: Oil Contamination in CRV's and Civic's with the 1.5T
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: CR-V Hybrid
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Japanese Auto Manufacturers want two rules changes
Join Discussion......
IMA/Hybrids --> Re: Check IMA System light is on - what could it mean?
Join Discussion......
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > RDX > > Re: Drove one over the weekend...

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - 1 [2] 3
Author
  Post New Thread
gofast182
Profile for gofast182
Re: Drove one over the weekend...    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-30-2018 09:34
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
TonyEX wrote:
Let's think really out of left field.

Go test drive the Ridgeline Black Edition AWD.

You might be really surprised. Very pleasantly surprised. The audio is OK but the rest of the platform is awesome.... V6 with 6AT with AWD and rear torque vectoring. With an available hard tonneau.

And it will tow your S2K.

Just thinking, but we came out of a string of RDX Techs into the Ridgeline and the handling of the Big Boy is better. That torque vectoring is awesome.

I've been trying for over a year to convince her that the Ridgeline is perhaps the perfect vehicle for our lifestyle but she won't bite. Comfortable decently-appointed cabin, right size, truck bed to keep weekend projects out of the cabin, can tow the S2000. She refuses to drive a truck. SMH.

RMTRADER
Profile for RMTRADER
Re: Drove one over the weekend...    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-08-2018 20:12
We were looking for a vehicle to replace my wifes 2011 Pilot as the kids are getting older (and driving) and we didn't require the space.

After test driving in considerable length the RDX, MB GLC, Q5, X3 and NX, it was quite clear to us the RDX was 95% of the luxury of the German marks at 80% the price. But what was so refreshing was the handling. The A-Spec handled on rails and I had to remember that I was in a smaller SUV. The transmission is also excellent. Well done Acura. It was better than the X3 with the sport package, which in my mind, was the closest.

Should pick it up next week.

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: Drove one over the weekend...    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-08-2018 20:28
RMTRADER wrote:
We were looking for a vehicle to replace my wifes 2011 Pilot as the kids are getting older (and driving) and we didn't require the space.

After test driving in considerable length the RDX, MB GLC, Q5, X3 and NX, it was quite clear to us the RDX was 95% of the luxury of the German marks at 80% the price. But what was so refreshing was the handling. The A-Spec handled on rails and I had to remember that I was in a smaller SUV. The transmission is also excellent. Well done Acura. It was better than the X3 with the sport package, which in my mind, was the closest.

Smart move.

RMTRADER
Profile for RMTRADER
Re: Drove one over the weekend...    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-08-2018 20:53
superchg2 wrote:
RMTRADER wrote:

Smart move.

Thanks.

gofast182
Profile for gofast182
Re: Drove one over the weekend...    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-10-2018 16:55
RMTRADER wrote:

Very nice. Even the non A-Spec we drove felt incredibly planted and responsive to steering inputs, at least to the extent I could push it (which wasn't terribly hard but you could get a sense that it has high limits). I'm sure if we were making the same comparison, the logical comparison, as you did the RDX would be right up there. Enjoy!

tennis32828
Profile for tennis32828
Re: Drove one over the weekend...    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-25-2018 21:16
Finally get to sat in one at the Memphis auto show. It's really unnecessary to have a giant button in the middle of the entertainment unit just for shifting between ride modes. How often is any one gonna use that, should just regulate it to secondary location. Wasn't too impressed with the sound system, the overhead speakers didn't really add any experience. Sitting in a Lincoln MKX with THX system sounded so much better. And the panoramic sunroof doesn't seem to be able to open all the way to the back.
sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: Drove one over the weekend...    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-26-2018 01:11
tennis32828 wrote:
And the panoramic sunroof doesn't seem to be able to open all the way to the back.

And where is the glass going to slide away to, to give you an opening "all the way to the back"?

Hondarulez
Profile for Hondarulez
Re: Drove one over the weekend...    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-26-2018 01:47
You'll need to have the right music files to enjoy the 3D ELS system. If you are just playing XM, Spotify, or MP3's, then sound system wouldn't sound all that impressive. Garbage in, garbage out.

Haha yes the dynamic mode button is big. I guess it's their way of conveying their sporting intention of the car.

Grady
Profile for Grady
Re: Drove one over the weekend...    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-26-2018 08:42
tennis32828 wrote:
Finally get to sat in one at the Memphis auto show. It's really unnecessary to have a giant button in the middle of the entertainment unit just for shifting between ride modes. How often is any one gonna use that, should just regulate it to secondary location. Wasn't too impressed with the sound system, the overhead speakers didn't really add any experience. Sitting in a Lincoln MKX with THX system sounded so much better. And the panoramic sunroof doesn't seem to be able to open all the way to the back.

We may have crossed paths at Memphis Auto Show. I went there Friday night courtesy of Motor Trend's free tickets. That's really the only reason I go to Memphis Auto Show.

I liked the RDX pretty alright. The Type-R looks better in person but I think it's 10 years to late for me. Maybe they can style it down some for MMC or next gen if they decide to make another generation.

Personally my favorite car there was Porsche Panamera Wagon. If I had unlimited means that would be my daily.

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: Drove one over the weekend...    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-26-2018 11:08
Grady wrote:
tennis32828 wrote:

We may have crossed paths at Memphis Auto Show. I went there Friday night courtesy of Motor Trend's free tickets. That's really the only reason I go to Memphis Auto Show.

I liked the RDX pretty alright. The Type-R looks better in person but I think it's 10 years to late for me. Maybe they can style it down some for MMC or next gen if they decide to make another generation.

Personally my favorite car there was Porsche Panamera Wagon. If I had unlimited means that would be my daily.

The Panamera Sport Turismo is absolutely gorgeous, but I wish it were a bit more practical. The back seat is a little tight and I'm probably spoiled by Honda packaging, but the PST's cargo area is hilariously small.

NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: Drove one over the weekend...    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-26-2018 11:20

Mikeydred
Profile for Mikeydred
Re: Drove one over the weekend...    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-26-2018 12:35
sadlerau wrote:
tennis32828 wrote:
And the panoramic sunroof doesn't seem to be able to open all the way to the back.

And where is the glass going to slide away to, to give you an opening "all the way to the back"?

Well it can be done but the glass is double stacked and it looks awkward outside and cant imagine it being good for aero. The old MB ML, current Lincolns and even ZDX I believe used this method.

Grace141
Profile for Grace141
Re: Drove one over the weekend...    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-26-2018 13:09
Mikeydred wrote:
sadlerau wrote:
tennis32828 wrote:

Well it can be done but the glass is double stacked and it looks awkward outside and cant imagine it being good for aero. The old MB ML, current Lincolns and even ZDX I believe used this method.

The glass roof panel on the MKZ rolls back over the back window. It looks awkward and it forces the shape of the roof and rear window to be similar but it works. I like it in a Porsche 911 Targa sort of way. I'm sure something will break and fail at some point but so will every other sun/moonroof.

Grady
Profile for Grady
Re: Drove one over the weekend...    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-26-2018 15:25
JeffX wrote:
Grady wrote:
tennis32828 wrote:

The Panamera Sport Turismo is absolutely gorgeous, but I wish it were a bit more practical. The back seat is a little tight and I'm probably spoiled by Honda packaging, but the PST's cargo area is hilariously small.

Doesn't matter... If you can afford it you can defiantly afford a truck or pay someone to pick up large items for you. As far as traveling in it. Well if the back is big as a s2000 then I would be all set.

tennis32828
Profile for tennis32828
Re: Drove one over the weekend...    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-26-2018 18:28
Grady wrote:

I was there Friday too. It was so dead compared to other cities, but loved it because I could sat in the car longer. I was very impressed with the new Honda Insight, interior layout was nice, even better then the Clarity.

Last edited by JeffX on 09-26-2018 20:51
tennis32828
Profile for tennis32828
Re: Drove one over the weekend...    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-26-2018 18:31
Hondarulez wrote:
You'll need to have the right music files to enjoy the 3D ELS system. If you are just playing XM, Spotify, or MP3's, then sound system wouldn't sound all that impressive. Garbage in, garbage out.

Haha yes the dynamic mode button is big. I guess it's their way of conveying their sporting intention of the car.

True, but I played the same Bluetooth music from the Lincoln system and it sounded better. Also love their system album art display

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: Drove one over the weekend...    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-26-2018 20:54
Grady wrote:
JeffX wrote:
Grady wrote:
tennis32828 wrote:

Doesn't matter... If you can afford it you can defiantly afford a truck or pay someone to pick up large items for you. As far as traveling in it. Well if the back is big as a s2000 then I would be all set.

yeah... but in that case I'd just go with some 911 variant.

The point of driving something like the Panamera Sport Turismo is that you SHOULD be able to actually haul a reasonable amount of people, pets, and the relevant shit with you without having to ring up another support vehicle. It looks cool for what it is, but apparently it's not THAT great of a drive, and on top of that, the practical benefits aren't that great. In other words, it's sort of pointless. You're just buying an aesthetic.

Last edited by JeffX on 09-26-2018 20:55
Hondarulez
Profile for Hondarulez
Re: Drove one over the weekend...    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-27-2018 01:46
tennis32828 wrote:
Hondarulez wrote:

True, but I played the same Bluetooth music from the Lincoln system and it sounded better. Also love their system album art display

Oh my just built one with that sound system and it's $57k...wow

Grady
Profile for Grady
Re: Drove one over the weekend...    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-27-2018 10:25
tennis32828 wrote:
Grady wrote:

I was there Friday too. It was so dead compared to other cities, but loved it because I could sat in the car longer. I was very impressed with the new Honda Insight, interior layout was nice, even better then the Clarity.

I must have looked right over Insight. I'd say best auto show I've been to is Chicago's Auto Show. It was busy but a nice variety of different makes along with exciting props.

TLinTX
Profile for TLinTX
Re: Drove one over the weekend...    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-09-2018 09:50
I'm driving an RDX for a day or two as a loaner. Quick impressions having driven the previous gen RDX Advance extensively:

1) The base model is fantastically equipped. Inoffensive wheels, LKAS, ACC, heated seats, beautiful infotainment.

2) The motor/transmission combo delivers good power. The previous gen has ridiculously touchy tip-in response, and this one reacts much better to throttle input.

3) I don't like the brakes. While the previous gen's brakes are almost too grabby, the 2019 has the opposite problem where it almost feels like fighting through a power regen system in a hybrid. I had to stop quickly this morning and the brakes gave me little confidence.

4) The LKAS doesn't seem to work well at all, whereas it works at least most of the time in my TLX and MDX. With LKAS turned on and driving down a well marked highway this morning, it routinely drifted into the outside stripe and flashed a lane departure warning. If it knows I'm departing the lane, why doesn't it engage LKAS to correct it!?

5) I love the True Touch interface for the most part. It took all of 30 seconds to figure it out, with the exception being how to get to the second row of Station presets. I see the two circles indicating a second page is available but cannot figure out how to get there.

6) The interior is quiet! I believe it's even better than our MDX.

7) The interior design across the dash and into the front doors feels incredibly modern, but my kids thought it was too dark and monotonous, and I agree. In base trim, the black interior becomes a bit overwhelming, especially in the second row.

8) What's going on with the rearview mirror? There are small buttons on it that jut out from the bottom. Presumably these are Homelink but their protrusion is distracting.

Overall I can see why this model is flying off the lots. I had to spend much of the day Saturday at the dealer and counted no fewer than 6 RDX deliveries to customers among 2 MDX deliveries. (Sadly, no sedan sales.)

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: Drove one over the weekend...    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-09-2018 12:54
TLinTX wrote:
I'm driving an RDX for a day or two as a loaner. Quick impressions having driven the previous gen RDX Advance extensively:

1) The base model is fantastically equipped. Inoffensive wheels, LKAS, ACC, heated seats, beautiful infotainment.

2) The motor/transmission combo delivers good power. The previous gen has ridiculously touchy tip-in response, and this one reacts much better to throttle input.

3) I don't like the brakes. While the previous gen's brakes are almost too grabby, the 2019 has the opposite problem where it almost feels like fighting through a power regen system in a hybrid. I had to stop quickly this morning and the brakes gave me little confidence.

4) The LKAS doesn't seem to work well at all, whereas it works at least most of the time in my TLX and MDX. With LKAS turned on and driving down a well marked highway this morning, it routinely drifted into the outside stripe and flashed a lane departure warning. If it knows I'm departing the lane, why doesn't it engage LKAS to correct it!?

5) I love the True Touch interface for the most part. It took all of 30 seconds to figure it out, with the exception being how to get to the second row of Station presets. I see the two circles indicating a second page is available but cannot figure out how to get there.

7) The interior design across the dash and into the front doors feels incredibly modern, but my kids thought it was too dark and monotonous, and I agree. In base trim, the black interior becomes a bit overwhelming, especially in the second row.

8) What's going on with the rearview mirror? There are small buttons on it that jut out from the bottom. Presumably these are Homelink but their protrusion is distracting.

Overall I can see why this model is flying off the lots. I had to spend much of the day Saturday at the dealer and counted no fewer than 6 RDX deliveries to customers among 2 MDX deliveries. (Sadly, no sedan sales.)

3) others have noted this as well. It seems like the first 20% or so of pedal travel does little, then the brakes seem to hook and it stops the car fine. They need to tweak the feel. Perhaps just changing the pad compound could cure this.

4) yeah it seems that they're maybe trying to emphasize that it's not a "self steering" system, just more of an assist to take more of the effort out of turning the wheel.

5) I'm pretty sure you just use a quick "swipe" gesture to get there.

7) I agree. I think the interior is sensitive to your color choice. I prefer the two-tone interiors.

8) yes, those are homelink buttons. They didn't bother me at all, though I'd prefer them in the headliner domelight panel like they normally are placed on Hondas and Acuras.

To add to your list I would like to say that I wish they could attenuate some of the engine vibrations better at idle. Both of my wife's cousins purchased 2019 X3s (both 2.0s) recently and I drove one of them this past weekend. Relatively speaking, you can barely tell that the X3's engine is running at idle.

Grace141
Profile for Grace141
Re: Drove one over the weekend...    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-09-2018 13:03
JeffX wrote:
TLinTX wrote:

3) others have noted this as well. It seems like the first 20% or so of pedal travel does little, then the brakes seem to hook and it stops the car fine. They need to tweak the feel. Perhaps just changing the pad compound could cure this.

4) yeah it seems that they're maybe trying to emphasize that it's not a "self steering" system, just more of an assist to take more of the effort out of turning the wheel.

5) I'm pretty sure you just use a quick "swipe" gesture to get there.

7) I agree. I think the interior is sensitive to your color choice. I prefer the two-tone interiors.

8) yes, those are homelink buttons. They didn't bother me at all, though I'd prefer them in the headliner domelight panel like they normally are placed on Hondas and Acuras.

To add to your list I would like to say that I wish they could attenuate some of the engine vibrations better at idle. Both of my wife's cousins purchased 2019 X3s (both 2.0s) recently and I drove one of them this past weekend. Relatively speaking, you can barely tell that the X3's engine is running at idle.

4.) The 2018 TLX I had for a loaner car a few weeks ago had the same issue with LKAS. Regardless of the crown of the roadway, the speed I was driving, or the visibility of the stripes on the road the system steered the car to the right while working against my corrections. I assumed the camera assembly wasn't correctly calibrated.

Chris_6MT
Profile for Chris_6MT
Re: Drove one over the weekend...    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-09-2018 13:45
The LKAS on my Accord did the same weird thing after I got my windshield replaced and camera recalibrated. It would drift to the right side of the lane constantly and not correct the drift at all.

I was going to take it to the dealer, but it somehow fixed itself. I think LKAS has some sort of learning function or self-calibration.

TLinTX
Profile for TLinTX
Re: Drove one over the weekend...    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-10-2018 12:41
Thanks Jeff for the advice. I had tried swiping before, but there were no favorites on the second row, so nothing happened until I added another station.

One more annoyance I discovered is the operation of the steering wheel's left thumb wheel. Pressing it left and right switches the preset just like it does in the TLX and MDX, but rolling it up or down doesn't affect the volume -- there's a separate volume switch to its left! What's weird is that I haven't figured out what the wheel does when rolled up or down since nothing seems to happen. It would be nice to be able to program the thumb wheel to control the volume.

The other big difference is the auto-stop feature: it activates all the time, and the engine firing up is far from smooth. In the MDX, it's resistant to shutting off if Idle Stop was activated within a few minutes prior, but the RDX can't wait to turn off at every stop. I imagine most owners make it a habit to disable it as a part of their startup routine.

Regarding the brakes, I determined that there is what feels like a spring in the pedal itself that pushes back on the initial travel. My guess is that it combats people who ride the brake with their left foot. I don't think pads will help this behavior but it would be interesting to get a technician's take on this.

Besides these nits, it's still a fantastic vehicle.

Vanderslyce
Profile for Vanderslyce
Re: Drove one over the weekend...    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-21-2018 15:21
gofast182 wrote:
So we're thinking of replacing the MDX which has 99,500 miles on it. The transmission slips a bit, it's lost some ponies, and the interior is loosening up a bit among a couple other signs of aging. With that said I don't think any failure is eminent. Getting my wife to look at cars is like pulling teeth but we finally did it.

She didn't want to drive a "lower" model than the MDX or an Acura at all but I convinced her to keep an open mind given all of the genuine upgrades this car represents for the brand. The bottom line is she didn't love it despite my excitement. She thought the infotainment system and graphics were still too far behind what she experiences in my BMW. She also wasn't impressed with the highway passing power (I think it's the same or better than the MDX but you get the feeling like the car is doing more work than the MDX).

My quick impressions were as follows: interior is a clear step up for the brand (we knew this already), the infotainment system is a definite improvement but it's not as refined as the BMW, the engine is quite smooth and refined even though the sound wasn't very sexy, off-the-line acceleration was good provided you can keep your foot in it for about a hundred yards to get full boost, highway passing power was adequate, didn't really get to test handling but it felt like it would be excellent.

Our experience, particularly for my wife, was soured by the dealer making us wait ~30 minutes for a test drive (they claimed to be super busy despite some salespeople looking like they weren't doing anything urgent). Also our salesman made a slight faux pas that my wife caught immediately and that was to use Apple Car Play because the voice recognition was better.

So the RDX is probably out of the running. In some ways it lived up to the hype, others not as much. The dealership did the car and themselves few favors. With that said, I think it's a strong offering and if we were driving a Q5 or X3 in comparison, it might be the best, but this was an outlier candidate for us as we're looking for something that can tow a trailer and the S2000.

PS We then drove an X5 and BMW had a "genius" immediately available for a test drive and we didn't have to talk to a salesman until after we got back, a better use of everyone's time and a model Acura should consider. We then drove a Q7 and while they didn't have a "genius", a salesman had us in a car within 10 minutes.

It's interesting that our experience was almost the opposite. I was car shopping and noticed the RDX. When she saw it online she immediately loved the look and wanted to drive it.

The acura dealership experience was excellent. We walked in, told the sales person we wanted to checkout the new RDX, he gave us a key and said just bring it back in 30 min. That's it, no pitch or pressure. After the drive she was sold. About a month after that initial test drive we go back into the dealer for one more drive as I was wanting to go with Volvo xc60 myself. Our salesperson recognizes us, walks right over and asks if we want to drive it again. He gives us a key and says the same thing - take it around town and see what you think. After getting back I put down a deposit and the rest is history.

On the contrary, we went to a Mercedes dealership with the intent of looking at their GLC but the experience killed it for us in 10 minutes. We just walked around asking for help, they kept saying someone was coming but no one ever did. I just messed around with the showroom cars for long enough to realize the infotainment was a no go. We walked out and never looked back.

A big reason we picked RDX over the xc60 was the infotainment. Mercedes and Volvo just felt like it was in the stone ages with regards to voice control and navigation. The google based natural language voice control is unbeatable. Glad to see Volvo adopting that for their next gen infotainment. I never got to test the BMW but I've heard it's pretty good though.

gofast182
Profile for gofast182
Re: Drove one over the weekend...    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-22-2018 10:03
^ that's funny. When we went to drive the GLE, they gave us the key and said come back whenever you feel you've had a sufficient drive.

My Acura dealership, Acura of Ocean, has produced several less-than-good experiences for me and my wife. It's not a "luxury" experience although they did upgrade their service department (physically).

tsxfan19
Profile for tsxfan19
Re: Drove one over the weekend...    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-22-2018 16:30
gofast182 wrote:
My Acura dealership, Acura of Ocean, has produced several less-than-good experiences for me and my wife. It's not a "luxury" experience although they did upgrade their service department (physically).

I've hated every part of my dealer experience since I bought my car from McConnell Honda in Montgomery, AL. They don't even offer service on the weekend.

When I went to test the new RDX, my salesman had NO time for me. I've since started using Acura of Columbus (GA). Far better experience. I wish I had known about that dealer when I bought my car, because I would have bought from them instead, although they're only marginally better. At least the service folks are good!

As much as I like the new RDX, I am not sure I'll be buying one, because the dealership experience isn't all that great from what I've seen!

CanTeX
Profile for CanTeX
Re: Drove one over the weekend...    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-26-2018 16:53
I just drove an A-Spec on their around-the-block route this morning, not much time to do a thorough eval. But I was impressed nonetheless. Very nice car. (My incentive to come in was a $50 Amazon card but I've been looking for an excuse to go to my dealer to see it.) The Advance will have all the features we want. 360 camera view, HUD, wave-the-leg to open the hatch, mileage in miles or kilometers, no main speedometer in metric but the inner dial with kilometers is actually legible this time around. Yes, the brakes were disconcerting at first, in that one has to get used to more pedal travel to start the braking. Much better than the sudden all-on initial braking in our '13 and '17 RDXs. Smooth throttle tip-in, unlike past models. And I'm thinking maybe I can repair my fractured relationship with Siri with this car.

I didn't completely follow the sales guy's explanation but it looks like I'll be able to enter nav addresses from a plugged-in iPhone. It would be too awkward using the touchpad system.

Sold. Two years from now. Only 24K miles on our '17 Advance.

Hondarulez
Profile for Hondarulez
Re: Drove one over the weekend...    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-29-2018 02:24
Yea, I wasn't impressed with how the brakes felt in my first test drive. But muscle memory kicks in and I'm used to it and not an issue anymore.
RMTRADER
Profile for RMTRADER
Re: Drove one over the weekend...    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-29-2018 11:15
Hondarulez wrote:
Yea, I wasn't impressed with how the brakes felt in my first test drive. But muscle memory kicks in and I'm used to it and not an issue anymore.

If you are driving the car hard, the brake delay doesn't exist. I only seems to be there when tooling around in traffic at a less aggressive pace. I drove it on the weekend when by wife was away on business and it is so nice to drive. I like it more and more every time I drive it.

Seems to be breaking in nicely as well with respect to the motor. It is bordering on quick (I drive a DSG Golf R for comparison).

Thread Page - 1 [2] 3
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0