[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
All-New 2019 Honda Passport Starts Adventure with Global Debut in Los Angeles
More.......................
2019 CR-V goes on sale with few changes, nominal price increase
2019 Honda Civic Type R and Civic Hatchback Accelerate into Dealerships
American Honda Reports October Sales
Honda Rugged Open Air Vehicle Concept Debuts at 2018 SEMA Show
SEMA: Graham Rahal Injects Style, Power and Performance to Custom Acura RDX A-Spec
NSX GT3 Evo To Compete Globally in 2019
2019 Acura ILX Arrives with Dynamic New Styling, Major Technology Upgrades and New A-Spec Treatment
CR-V --> Re: Oil Contamination in CRV's and Civic's with the 1.5T
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: 2020 Corolla Revealed
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: Hydrogen Power coming back into focus?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2019 Acura/Honda Debuts
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda' new BEV
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: Unexpected Low Coolant warning/service
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 2019 Civic MPG Down
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Interview Max Verstappen on F1 and Watches & the new TAG Heuer Verstappen Edition
Join Discussion......
CR-Z --> Re: Honda's Biggest Mistake? Why Now Is The Time To Buy The Misunderstood CR-Z
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: 2019 Advance Squeaks and Camera Issues
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: CR-V Hybrid
Join Discussion......
TSX --> Re: TSX Sportwagon - rear washer not squirting
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Hyundai Veloster N starts at $27,785
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: 2019 Mazda CX-5 Turbo
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2018 Brazilian Grand Prix - Spoilers
Join Discussion......
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > RDX > > Re: Switch Wheels 2019 RDX Tech to Advance ????

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
ciscodome
Profile for ciscodome
Switch Wheels 2019 RDX Tech to Advance ????    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-19-2018 09:50
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I am trying to find out if I purchase the wheels that come with the 2019 RDX AWD Tech package, will the fit on my 2019 RDX AWD Advance package? I know I have to purchase the Tech wheels from Acura but noone at the dealership seems to know if the offset and/or other matchup problems would bve a concern. Also, the wheels are non returnable if they dont fit. The tech wheels are so much better looking than the advance wheels that come with the vehicle. Just hate to order the tech wheels only to find out they wont fit on my new advance. Help ! Thanks
bnilhome
Profile for bnilhome
Re: Switch Wheels 2019 RDX Tech to Advance ????    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-19-2018 10:21
ciscodome wrote:
I am trying to find out if I purchase the wheels that come with the 2019 RDX AWD Tech package, will the fit on my 2019 RDX AWD Advance package? I know I have to purchase the Tech wheels from Acura but noone at the dealership seems to know if the offset and/or other matchup problems would bve a concern. Also, the wheels are non returnable if they dont fit. The tech wheels are so much better looking than the advance wheels that come with the vehicle. Just hate to order the tech wheels only to find out they wont fit on my new advance. Help ! Thanks

I am not aware that you can switch the wheels between those 2 models. I know the accessory wheels you can purchase are really sharp, but that will set you back a couple thousand. I am stunned Acura would put nicer looking wheels on the Tech compared to the Advance and predict that will be an easy change for the 2020 Advance model.

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: Switch Wheels 2019 RDX Tech to Advance ????    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-19-2018 10:43
ciscodome wrote:

I will verify to be absolutely sure but at this time I am pretty certain (99.99%) that it's a straight swap with no issues.

ciscodome
Profile for ciscodome
Re: Switch Wheels 2019 RDX Tech to Advance ????    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-19-2018 10:50
The parts guy at the dealership said he was unsure about the "Offset" on the two models, Tech Vs Advance, and that was the key piece of information needed as to whether the two wheels were interchangeable without any issues. Seems noone on Earth knows the Offset information. You would think Acura could provide it but ??
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: Switch Wheels 2019 RDX Tech to Advance ????    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-19-2018 11:30
ciscodome wrote:
The parts guy at the dealership said he was unsure about the "Offset" on the two models, Tech Vs Advance, and that was the key piece of information needed as to whether the two wheels were interchangeable without any issues. Seems noone on Earth knows the Offset information. You would think Acura could provide it but ??

The Tech and Advance both use 19x8.0 wheels and exactly the same sized tires. The running hardware is identical. There is no reason for the Advance to run a different offset unless the hubs are somehow different. You can easily check the offset by looking inside each wheel. It should be stamped into the casting, usually inside one of the spokes.

The chances of the offset being different are extremely slim. I think this is information that should somehow be accessible via their internal documentation.

Potenza
Profile for Potenza
Re: Switch Wheels 2019 RDX Tech to Advance ????    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-19-2018 11:38
ciscodome wrote:
As Jeff said, the offset is stamped right on the back of the wheel. Should be easy enough for the dealership to check both models as the vehicles are in the shop getting their PDI.

NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: Switch Wheels 2019 RDX Tech to Advance ????    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-19-2018 11:55
Remember you've got tire pressure sensors to move over as well - TPMS.
gofast182
Profile for gofast182
Re: Switch Wheels 2019 RDX Tech to Advance ????    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-20-2018 14:28
You'll see something like 19x8JJ 45 in the casting "dia"x"width""flange type" "offset" (45 for illustration purposes only).
Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: Switch Wheels 2019 RDX Tech to Advance ????    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-20-2018 14:57
gofast182 wrote:
You'll see something like 19x8JJ 45 in the casting "dia"x"width""flange type" "offset" (45 for illustration purposes only).

I think the old TB was actually +45, but perhaps not the new one.

Hondarulez
Profile for Hondarulez
Re: Switch Wheels 2019 RDX Tech to Advance ????    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-05-2018 01:35
My solution to get rid of those Advance wheels:

vh2k
Profile for vh2k
Re: Switch Wheels 2019 RDX Tech to Advance ????    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-05-2018 08:36
The boring alloy wheels on the Advance are not appropriate for the top trim $45-47K RDX. Actually, all of the wheel designs for the RDX (except for maybe the Tech) should be replaced for 2020.

The Advance wheels in particular are really plain. Very similar to the design found on the current Accord LX (bottom trim). The standard wheels actually look better.

Random
Profile for Random
Re: Switch Wheels 2019 RDX Tech to Advance ????    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-05-2018 18:40
Correct me if I am wrong, but currently main OEM wheel supplier for entire Acura lineup is Enkei. So why not to choose from a much wider selection available directly from them.
My current set of wheels for my RDX 07 is Enkei TY-5 19".

wanga
Profile for wanga
Re: Switch Wheels 2019 RDX Tech to Advance ????    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-06-2018 17:10
Random wrote:
Correct me if I am wrong, but currently main OEM wheel supplier for entire Acura lineup is Enkei. So why not to choose from a much wider selection available directly from them.
My current set of wheels for my RDX 07 is Enkei TY-5 19".

i'm getting off the subjet, i'm not a fan of turbo engine. Any major work for your engine.

Hondarulez
Profile for Hondarulez
Re: Switch Wheels 2019 RDX Tech to Advance ????    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-07-2018 01:42
I had an 07 RDX with Hondata reflash. It was running fine at 130000 miles.
chhan02
Profile for chhan02
Re: Switch Wheels 2019 RDX Tech to Advance ????    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-07-2018 17:20
Hondarulez wrote:

I dig this. I spy a Type R as well.

eneka
Profile for eneka
Re: Switch Wheels 2019 RDX Tech to Advance ????    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-07-2018 20:26
saw a white one drive pass me today and it looked awesome. Better than the new X3 dare I say.
Vanderslyce
Profile for Vanderslyce
Re: Switch Wheels 2019 RDX Tech to Advance ????    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-21-2018 15:24
Hondarulez wrote:

Great looks! I'm wanting to do the same thing. I'm shocked at how terrible the advanced wheels are. I saw someone on acurazine powdercoated them black and they look great now. Amazing the difference a color can make.

What are the tire specs/size on those? They dont look like the stock ones.

Hondarulez
Profile for Hondarulez
Re: Switch Wheels 2019 RDX Tech to Advance ????    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-22-2018 01:33
These are 20" x 8.5" ET38. They are pretty much the same size as the A-spec rims, but I think the offset on the A-spec is ET45 or even higher. So my rims do stick out more compared to the A-spec one. On mine, they are flush with the fender.

The tires are 255/45R20, same as A-spec. I run Conti DWS06 though. Way better performance vs stock.

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0