[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
All-New 2019 Honda Passport Starts Adventure with Global Debut in Los Angeles
More.......................
2019 CR-V goes on sale with few changes, nominal price increase
2019 Honda Civic Type R and Civic Hatchback Accelerate into Dealerships
American Honda Reports October Sales
Honda Rugged Open Air Vehicle Concept Debuts at 2018 SEMA Show
SEMA: Graham Rahal Injects Style, Power and Performance to Custom Acura RDX A-Spec
NSX GT3 Evo To Compete Globally in 2019
2019 Acura ILX Arrives with Dynamic New Styling, Major Technology Upgrades and New A-Spec Treatment
CR-V --> Re: 2019 RAV4
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2019 Acura/Honda Debuts
Join Discussion......
Clarity --> Re: Climate pre-conditioning
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Carlos Ghosn arrested! He gone
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: The Grinch "Takeover". Thoughts?
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 2019 Civic MPG Down
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: Type S Announcment at LA
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: 2019 Mazda CX-5 Turbo
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2018 Honda F1 PU
Join Discussion......
Service Experiences --> Need a good shop in South SF
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: Oil Contamination in CRV's and Civic's with the 1.5T
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: CR-V Hybrid
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Japanese Auto Manufacturers want two rules changes
Join Discussion......
IMA/Hybrids --> Re: Check IMA System light is on - what could it mean?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda' new BEV
Join Discussion......
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Fuel Cell Technology > > Re: DMV Stickers, we don't need no stinking stickers

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
NoClarity
Profile for NoClarity
DMV Stickers, we don't need no stinking stickers    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-15-2018 18:33
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I just got a letter from the DMV today that my green car stickers will expire in 2019, and I need to pay $ 22 to renew it.

WTF is wrong with DMV. This is after they fined me $ 268 for not getting my registration renewal done on time. The thing is, I've never received the mail, and when I checked it online (before it was due), my license plate and the last 5 digit of VIN was not found in their system.

Acura CL driver
Profile for Acura CL driver
Re: DMV Stickers, we don't need no stinking stickers    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-16-2018 14:31
NoClarity wrote:
I just got a letter from the DMV today that my green car stickers will expire in 2019, and I need to pay $ 22 to renew it.

WTF is wrong with DMV. This is after they fined me $ 268 for not getting my registration renewal done on time. The thing is, I've never received the mail, and when I checked it online (before it was due), my license plate and the last 5 digit of VIN was not found in their system.

Strange my neighbor bought a Model X a couple of months back and he recently asked me how long it took for me to get my red stickers when he saw my car the other day. I think I was able to get my carpool lane stickers within 2-3 weeks from when I sent in the form. So I'm not sure why he didn't get his after more than 60 days of waiting, of course nothing suprises me when it comes to the DMV.

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: DMV Stickers, we don't need no stinking stickers    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-16-2018 14:45
Acura CL driver wrote:
NoClarity wrote:

Strange my neighbor bought a Model X a couple of months back and he recently asked me how long it took for me to get my red stickers when he saw my car the other day. I think I was able to get my carpool lane stickers within 2-3 weeks from when I sent in the form. So I'm not sure why he didn't get his after more than 60 days of waiting, of course nothing suprises me when it comes to the DMV.

It could be unrelated but I have seen lots of recent reports of new Tesla owners experiencing many "clerical breakdowns" when it comes to tag registrations, loan payoffs on their tradeins, etc.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: DMV Stickers, we don't need no stinking stickers    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-16-2018 16:34
NoClarity wrote:

Yeah, I found out by pure luck that the DMV did not send registration renewal forms for our FCEVs. If they hit you with a late fine, you can apply for a refund because they know they screwed up.

I looked into my registration and realized that I had six hours to renew. You can do that at the Auto Club but make sure to bring cash or a check, they don't take credit cards or ATM. The FCEV runs about 500 bucks per year.

On line won't work either.

I haven't received anything about the renewal for my white stickers. We need to the red ones next year.

NorCalSales
Profile for NorCalSales
Re: DMV Stickers, we don't need no stinking stickers    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-17-2018 17:58
Tony
https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/vr/decal

NoClarity
Profile for NoClarity
Re: DMV Stickers, we don't need no stinking stickers    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-17-2018 19:44
TonyEX wrote:

Yeah, I found out by pure luck that the DMV did not send registration renewal forms for our FCEVs. If they hit you with a late fine, you can apply for a refund because they know they screwed up.

I looked into my registration and realized that I had six hours to renew. You can do that at the Auto Club but make sure to bring cash or a check, they don't take credit cards or ATM. The FCEV runs about 500 bucks per year.

I haven't received anything about the renewal for my white stickers. We need to the red ones next year.

Thanks for this info. I am sure the request for a refund for the late fee fine is going to be an ordeal. Either long line at their office, or being on hold on the phone.

How did you know for sure that the DMV didn't send registration renewal?

Is it for this year only? WTF? I was getting ready to renew it ONLINE before the due date, but then because I wasn't able to do it ONLINE, and life gets in the way, I let it slide until they sent me a late letter about a month later.

And by then, of course, I was able to renew it online.

I thought I must have entered 1 zero instead of two zeroes for the beginning of our VIN => Therefore, my own user error.

Turns out it's not my fault after all.

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: DMV Stickers, we don't need no stinking stickers    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-17-2018 22:58
NoClarity wrote:
TonyEX wrote:

Thanks for this info. I am sure the request for a refund for the late fee fine is going to be an ordeal. Either long line at their office, or being on hold on the phone.

Is it for this year only? WTF? I was getting ready to renew it ONLINE before the due date, but then because I wasn't able to do it ONLINE, and life gets in the way, I let it slide until they sent me a late letter about a month later.

I thought I must have entered 1 zero instead of two zeroes for the beginning of our VIN => Therefore, my own user error.

You have entered a place on the left Coast,
where Hydrogen is found,
and the Mirai's are feisty,
you have entered the Clarity fuel cell zone.

outersquare
Profile for outersquare
Re: DMV Stickers, we don't need no stinking stickers    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-17-2018 23:34
everyone knows by now DMV workers sleep on the job for years without repercussions

https://www.newsmax.com/thewire/dmv-worker-sleep/2018/07/25/id/873647/
https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/the-state-worker/article215426640.html

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: DMV Stickers, we don't need no stinking stickers    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-18-2018 13:55
NoClarity wrote:
TonyEX wrote:

(1) It was posted in Green Car Forum (or something like that).
(2) We didn't get the renewal on the mail either.
(3) Supposedly, there is a form at the DMV just for this. I don't have the link, I might have posted it on TOV last June/July though.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: DMV Stickers, we don't need no stinking stickers    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-18-2018 13:59

OK, it looks like the DMV has updated their web site since I last looked at it in July:

https://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/carpool/carpool.htm

"Qualifying vehicles issued a Green or White HOV decal after January 1, 2017 will be eligible to apply for a RED Clean Air Vehicle Decal later this year. Vehicle owners issued white or green decals on or after January 1, 2017, who are eligible for the red decal, will be mailed, to their address on file, a pre-filled CAV decal application form with instructions and a return envelope. The pre-filled applications are expected to be mailed in October 2018."

Key word here is "EXPECTED". It's 10/18 and we have NOT received jack shit from the DMV.

I'll bet I'll to provide the US Mail stamp.... :-P

eneka
Profile for eneka
Re: DMV Stickers, we don't need no stinking stickers    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-18-2018 16:31
TonyEX wrote:

OK, it looks like the DMV has updated their web site since I last looked at it in July:

"Qualifying vehicles issued a Green or White HOV decal after January 1, 2017 will be eligible to apply for a RED Clean Air Vehicle Decal later this year. Vehicle owners issued white or green decals on or after January 1, 2017, who are eligible for the red decal, will be mailed, to their address on file, a pre-filled CAV decal application form with instructions and a return envelope. The pre-filled applications are expected to be mailed in October 2018."

Key word here is "EXPECTED". It's 10/18 and we have NOT received jack shit from the DMV.

Got a prefilled app for our B250e already fwiw

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: DMV Stickers, we don't need no stinking stickers    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-18-2018 17:08
eneka wrote:
TonyEX wrote:

Got a prefilled app for our B250e already fwiw

My biggest concern is the DMV snafu handling our FCEV registration renewals... they forgot about us!

NoClarity
Profile for NoClarity
Re: DMV Stickers, we don't need no stinking stickers    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-19-2018 15:04
Thanks, Tony for the reply about where you got the info about the DMV not mailing the registration renewal.

You probably will get your red sticker application very soon.

It will look ugly on my white diamond pearl paint. Plus, I saw a couple of red stickers already fading under the California sun.

I am still driving with my expired registration, although technically, I am already current. I just need to clean up the plate and stick a new one.

I don't think the CHP pay attention to white vs. red stickers, plus, I hardly take advantage of the carpool lane, etc. So, I won't sweat it too much if I forget to replace the carpool lane stickers come January.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: DMV Stickers, we don't need no stinking stickers    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-22-2018 15:01
NoClarity wrote:
Thanks, Tony for the reply about where you got the info about the DMV not mailing the registration renewal.

You probably will get your red sticker application very soon.

It will look ugly on my white diamond pearl paint. Plus, I saw a couple of red stickers already fading under the California sun.

I am still driving with my expired registration, although technically, I am already current. I just need to clean up the plate and stick a new one.

I don't think the CHP pay attention to white vs. red stickers, plus, I hardly take advantage of the carpool lane, etc. So, I won't sweat it too much if I forget to replace the carpool lane stickers come January.

(1) We got the red tag application on Saturday. I was gonna mail it today but couldn't find the stamps (*).

(2) So long as you have proof of the paperwork in the car you should be fine. If you do the registration at the Auto Club they will give you the year stickers on the spot. No need to deal with the DMV.

(3) I dunno about the cops. Over they years they've abandoned discretion and are following strict binary orders. They might really start enforcing the "no white sticker" rule right on Jan 1st.

(4) Our car is black, so the red stickers won't look too bad. My advice for your white Clarity... think of the red sticker as a "Type R" sticker and all will be better. After all, the traditional Honda colors are white and red!

(5) Fading red stickers... just play this song to your car everynight and all will be well:

"I want to tell you how it's going to be
You're going to give your love to me
I want to love you night and day
You know my love will not fade away

You know my love will not fade away
Not fade away

My love is bigger than a cadillac Clarity
I try to show you but you drive me back
Your love for me has got to be real
You're going to know just how I feel

Our love is real, not fade away
Not fade away
"

(*) I'm slowly building a small parallel stash at home... things that I need every so often but usually fall under the purvey of my wife... meaning they keep changing location as she constantly reorgs. Nail clipper, aspirin, specific types of bandaid, etc, now I'll add post stamps. Keep them near the cigar humidors.

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0