[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Team Honda Research wins ST2 at NASA Nationals with their NC1 NSX
More.......................
Acura releases details on refreshed 2019 ILX
2019 Accord loses EX-L Navi and 1.5T Touring trims
American Honda Reports August Sales Increase as Trucks Smash Previous Records
2019 NSX Debuts in Monterey with Design Updates, Chassis Enhancements and Expanded Color Palette
2019 Civic trim change summary
Honda announces changes for 2019 Civic, including new Sport trim
When is the 2019 Accord arriving in showrooms? Maybe not until 2019
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Toyota wants new Celica or MR2
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Toyota Supra - First Drive
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: C&D Lightning Lap 2018
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2018 Honda F1 PU
Join Discussion......
Photoshops --> Re: Honda URB
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Interesting take on the "Camaro Crisis"
Join Discussion......
CR-Z --> Re: Honda's Biggest Mistake? Why Now Is The Time To Buy The Misunderstood CR-Z
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: All-New Cadillac 2019 XT4
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: First Ford, now Nissan dropping Sedans
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Audi Will Reportedly No Longer Offer Any Manual Transmissions in the U.S.
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Looking at a 2018 Accord Sport!
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: SuperGT - Spoilers
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2019 BMW 8-Series
Join Discussion......
Pilot --> Re: Anybody towing with 9AT Pilot or Odysseys?
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Indycar - Spoilers
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > General Talk > > Re: 1993 6 sp Acura Legend Coupe

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
Vtec_rally
Profile for Vtec_rally
1993 6 sp Acura Legend Coupe    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-11-2018 21:21
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I saw this on Bring A Trailer today and thought I would share the link. The design of this car has aged very well. I wonder how good these were to drive ? I doubt I'll ever have a chance to see one in public unless I'm visting a warmer locale, as I live in Toronto where the weather is not very friendly to older cars. Now that Acura seems to be getting back on track, I'd really like to see them launch a performance orientated coupe real soon.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1993-acura-legend-3/

Last edited by JeffX on 09-12-2018 08:16
Vtec_rally
Profile for Vtec_rally
Re: 1993 6 sp Acura Legend Coupe    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-11-2018 21:51
Not sure why the link didn't work, I copied it and posted it into my browser address bar and it worked without issue.
Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: 1993 6 sp Acura Legend Coupe    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-12-2018 05:05
Vtec_rally wrote:
I saw this on Bring A Trailer today and thought I would share the link. The design of this car has aged very well. I wonder how good these were to drive ? I doubt I'll ever have a chance to see one in public unless I'm visting a warmer locale, as I live in Toronto where the weather is not very friendly to older cars. Now that Acura seems to be getting back on track, I'd really like to see them launch a performance orientated coupe real soon.

Think you got an extra space before the code?

Bloody lovely example, that.

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: 1993 6 sp Acura Legend Coupe    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-12-2018 08:45
Vtec_rally wrote:

They were quite nice to drive. While not as nimble (heavier, softer) as the first generation Legend Coupe, they were more luxurious and faster in a straight line. The 230hp SOHC C32 delivered a nice combination of power and torque, and sounded great while doing it. It was pretty quick for its day (0-60 in about 6.7, IIRC). You had to be careful with the throttle in lower gears as you could easily light up the front tires, particularly while turning. Obviously, an LSD would've helped.

Vtec_rally
Profile for Vtec_rally
Re: 1993 6 sp Acura Legend Coupe    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-12-2018 08:57
I guess that could explain why my link didn't work. (extra space before the code) Thanks for posting a working link. It's a good looking coupe with a design that's ageing very well. I wonder how these drove ? Also, will we ever see another Acura with a manual transmission ?
Vtec_rally
Profile for Vtec_rally
Re: 1993 6 sp Acura Legend Coupe    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-12-2018 09:07
JeffX wrote:
Vtec_rally wrote:

They were quite nice to drive. While not as nimble (heavier, softer) as the first generation Legend Coupe, they were more luxurious and faster in a straight line. The 230hp SOHC C32 delivered a nice combination of power and torque, and sounded great while doing it. It was pretty quick for its day (0-60 in about 6.7, IIRC). You had to be careful with the throttle in lower gears as you could easily light up the front tires, particularly while turning. Obviously, an LSD would've helped.

-- Thanks for the handling impressions. Too bad they didn't include a LSD or an
option for one.

sennaFAN
Profile for sennaFAN
Re: 1993 6 sp Acura Legend Coupe    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-12-2018 12:04
Beautiful car. I still rate that car as one of Honda's purest designs. I was chatting to someone today about having one on my wish list to collect.
I actually really enjoyed driving them. The engine is lovely, pulls hard and sweet and sounds great through the rev range.
The chassis by modern standards will feel very old school. A bit floaty but a really pleasant car to drive. The steering was ok too but think of the car as a GT not a sports car and you will be happy.
Just check it doesn't clunk into gear as the boxes can get a bit 'loose'
Great find though V jelous

Vtec_rally
Profile for Vtec_rally
Re: 1993 6 sp Acura Legend Coupe    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-12-2018 16:59
sennaFAN wrote:
Beautiful car. I still rate that car as one of Honda's purest designs. I was chatting to someone today about having one on my wish list to collect.
I actually really enjoyed driving them. The engine is lovely, pulls hard and sweet and sounds great through the rev range.
The chassis by modern standards will feel very old school. A bit floaty but a really pleasant car to drive. The steering was ok too but think of the car as a GT not a sports car and you will be happy.

-- Thanks for the insighful review. Hope you get to add one to your collection of Honda's soon. I'm sure the aftermarket could stiffen the floaty suspension. I wonder if there's an aftermarket LSD available for these or perhaps a LSD from from another Honda could be added.

The Legend
Profile for The Legend
Re: 1993 6 sp Acura Legend Coupe    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-12-2018 18:32
This question may sound dumb but.....

I know there’s still plenty of parts out there for 94-01 Integras, but what about spare (and OEM) parts scene like with with the 2nd gen. Acura Legends? If i get a Legend I would feel bad trashing it because no more parts made for it.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: 1993 6 sp Acura Legend Coupe    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-12-2018 20:34
Vtec_rally wrote:
sennaFAN wrote:

-- Thanks for the insighful review. Hope you get to add one to your collection of Honda's soon. I'm sure the aftermarket could stiffen the floaty suspension. I wonder if there's an aftermarket LSD available for these or perhaps a LSD from from another Honda could be added.

No... keep it as it is. The MT'd cars were very nice and quite powerful for their day.

I would not even update the stereo nor add a wing.

CanTeX
Profile for CanTeX
Re: 1993 6 sp Acura Legend Coupe    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-14-2018 15:56
sennaFAN wrote:

My '93 LS sedan in gold was an awesome car for my purposes. I needed a decent-looking car to make me look prosperous when I showed up at a client's business. Luxurious, decent handler and that oh-so-wonderful gurgle when "punching it". And that gold color! I made a huge mistake by selling it with only 125K on the clock because I didn't want the thing to break down on long runs. Well, 125K with my previous Detroit crap was an accomplishment, with the Acura it was just getting rolling. I saw it around town for years later. Bad decsiion. Acura hasn't had anything quite as nice since.

Vtec_rally
Profile for Vtec_rally
Re: 1993 6 sp Acura Legend Coupe    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-15-2018 08:14
TonyEX wrote:
Vtec_rally wrote:
sennaFAN wrote:

No... keep it as it is. The MT'd cars were very nice and quite powerful for their day.

I would not even update the stereo nor add a wing.

-- The coupe definitely doesn't need a spoiler, it would detract from its attractive and clean lines.

123456speed
Profile for 123456speed
Re: 1993 6 sp Acura Legend Coupe    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-18-2018 00:11
I had a manual 88 Legend Coupe and an auto 95 Legend Coupe, and a Prelude before that. I really wanted a manual G2 Legend Coupe but they were hard to get used.

The 95 was solid as a rock, it was made in Japan, super quality. The 88 was so much fun and a nice step up from the Prelude.
I drive an 03 CL-S 6-speed now. You can tell I love coupes, but sadly now Acura only wants to sell coupes to a selected few. boo.

Vtec_rally
Profile for Vtec_rally
Re: 1993 6 sp Acura Legend Coupe    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-18-2018 18:42
Sold for $10,000, I think that's a very good deal. I thought it would go for more. This car is in mint condition as noted by many of the posters on BaT.

Vtec_rally
Profile for Vtec_rally
Re: 1993 6 sp Acura Legend Coupe    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-18-2018 18:44
Sold for $10,000, I think that's a very good deal. I thought it would go for more, as this car is in mint condition as noted by many of the posters on BaT.
Vtec_rally
Profile for Vtec_rally
Re: 1993 6 sp Acura Legend Coupe    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-18-2018 18:46
Sorry about the duplicate posts.
Vtec_rally
Profile for Vtec_rally
Re: 1993 6 sp Acura Legend Coupe    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-18-2018 18:47
Sorry about the duplicate posts.

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0