[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Team Honda Research wins ST2 at NASA Nationals with their NC1 NSX
More.......................
Acura releases details on refreshed 2019 ILX
2019 Accord loses EX-L Navi and 1.5T Touring trims
American Honda Reports August Sales Increase as Trucks Smash Previous Records
2019 NSX Debuts in Monterey with Design Updates, Chassis Enhancements and Expanded Color Palette
2019 Civic trim change summary
Honda announces changes for 2019 Civic, including new Sport trim
When is the 2019 Accord arriving in showrooms? Maybe not until 2019
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Toyota wants new Celica or MR2
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Toyota Supra - First Drive
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: C&D Lightning Lap 2018
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2018 Honda F1 PU
Join Discussion......
Photoshops --> Re: Honda URB
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Interesting take on the "Camaro Crisis"
Join Discussion......
CR-Z --> Re: Honda's Biggest Mistake? Why Now Is The Time To Buy The Misunderstood CR-Z
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: All-New Cadillac 2019 XT4
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: First Ford, now Nissan dropping Sedans
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Audi Will Reportedly No Longer Offer Any Manual Transmissions in the U.S.
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Looking at a 2018 Accord Sport!
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: SuperGT - Spoilers
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2019 BMW 8-Series
Join Discussion......
Pilot --> Re: Anybody towing with 9AT Pilot or Odysseys?
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Indycar - Spoilers
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Fuel Cell Technology > > Re: H2 for All... NOT again at last!

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
H2 for All... again at last!    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-01-2018 14:08
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Looks like it's all sorted out.

I see H2 just about everywhere in SoCal.

Went to UCI to fuel up at 10:30AM. Not a single vehicle around. Just like the old days, I was able to fuel at my leisure. In and out in ten minutes including the time to take a text a picture of the empty lot to my wife and program the NAVI for my next drive.

The only fly in the ointment was a white Mirai parked in the middle of the lot. Perhaps he ran out of fuel? When? The station has had fuel now for a couple of days non stop.

All I know, is that when I was done, I did a victory lap around the parking lot. And, as I left the lot I punched it. The inside right tire spun out most righteously.

Life is good again. ;-)

4fc
Profile for 4fc
Re: H2 for All... again at last!    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-10-2018 10:39
Well, looks like that Clarity FCEV is put on hold according to my honda dealer when I made a request through honda website:(
I prefer to get the Clarity EV but FCEV is a god option too.

Any idea if this is true?

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: H2 for All... again at last!    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-10-2018 21:19
4fc wrote:
Well, looks like that Clarity FCEV is put on hold according to my honda dealer when I made a request through honda website:(
I prefer to get the Clarity EV but FCEV is a god option too.

Any idea if this is true?

Well, hell... hmm.. heaven yes! It is indeed a God Option.

;-)

How did you find out there was a hold?

4fc
Profile for 4fc
Re: H2 for All... again at last!    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-12-2018 17:04
*good option :)

Made a request on honda's web site and got a text back from the dealer that it's on hold till april 2019, hence the initial post.
I asked about Clarity EV and the answer from 2 different dealerships was : "we don't know when we'll get more" and the second one added there are no Clarity EV inventory available in the whole state of CA.
Keep on seeing advertising about the Clarity EV, so not sure who to trust:)

RolledaNsx
Profile for RolledaNsx
Re: H2 for All... again at last!    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-12-2018 17:55
Trump tariffs?

Clarity is made in Japan and the FCEV and EV are sold at a lose.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: H2 for All... again at last!    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-13-2018 13:14
RolledaNsx wrote:
Trump tariffs?

Naw... Japan and Korea have their own bilateral trade deals with the US, so they don't get hit with tariffs.

Hopefully Mexico can figure it out soon. It's Canada I worry most since The Dropping Eyebrow and his minions seem clueless.

The link to the article I posted elsewhere points out that the goal for the next Fuel Cell is to make it much cheaper to build -with less, or no, rare metals- and leverage for volume production. As it is, HMC must be losing a bunch of money on that FCEV car.

I guess Toyota has more money to burn, but then the Toyota 2nd gen fuel cell might be cheaper to make.

RolledaNsx
Profile for RolledaNsx
Re: H2 for All... again at last!    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-13-2018 13:50
TonyEX wrote:
RolledaNsx wrote:
Trump tariffs?

Naw... Japan and Korea have their own bilateral trade deals with the US, so they don't get hit with tariffs.

Hopefully Mexico can figure it out soon. It's Canada I worry most since The Dropping Eyebrow and his minions seem clueless.

The link to the article I posted elsewhere points out that the goal for the next Fuel Cell is to make it much cheaper to build -with less, or no, rare metals- and leverage for volume production. As it is, HMC must be losing a bunch of money on that FCEV car.

I guess Toyota has more money to burn, but then the Toyota 2nd gen fuel cell might be cheaper to make.

The plans for the new GM/Honda FC(very little rare metals) is....

Project complete by 2020.Honda will have a new FCV debut in 2020(marketing with Tokyo Olympics.....S2000 replacement?) then the next Clarity will get it.

The on sale dates might be delayed to tie in with the new GM Lithium battery(no cobalt in the chemistry) that is suppose to be in production by 2021.

NoClarity
Profile for NoClarity
Re: H2 for All... again at last!    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-15-2018 17:46
BTW, do we know when that H70-M button can be operational?

It's tempting me with $ 11.xxx/kg instead of $ 16.78.

What's the "M" suffix stands for anyway?

H70-Musk?

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: H2 for All... again at last!    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-15-2018 21:14
NoClarity wrote:
BTW, do we know when that H70-M button can be operational?

It's tempting me with $ 11.xxx/kg instead of $ 16.78.

What's the "M" suffix stands for anyway?

H70-Musk?

I think it was something about a subscription.

Where are you paying $16.78? UCI was holding the line at $14.99, they are supplied by Air Products. Many of the other stations, like the ones supported by True Zero buy their H2 from Air Products so they have to charge more.

NoClarity
Profile for NoClarity
Re: H2 for All... again at last!    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-21-2018 19:29
I've never paid under $ 16.xx/kg in the Bay Area since I bought the Clarity.

The only exception was when they let everybody paid 11 cents or so per kg, and one time glitch where they charged only $ 10.xx/kg.

But, later on when talking to the Customer Service, it was alluded to me that because the station is down often, they still allow people to fill up in an emergency; therefore, sometimes you get lucky at this particular station.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: H2 for All... again at last!    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-21-2018 22:52
NoClarity wrote:
I've never paid under $ 16.xx/kg in the Bay Area since I bought the Clarity.

The only exception was when they let everybody paid 11 cents or so per kg, and one time glitch where they charged only $ 10.xx/kg.

But, later on when talking to the Customer Service, it was alluded to me that because the station is down often, they still allow people to fill up in an emergency; therefore, sometimes you get lucky at this particular station.

You keep getting ripped off... we got better weather, we got better freeways, we don't have Oakland (*) and we got fuel at 14.99.

(*) My son went on a date to a fancy Oakland restaurant recently. Someone smashed the back side window of his Fit. I told him NOT to go across the Bay Bridge anymore. Certainly NOT to Oakland. IMHO, he should move to The OC. Then we'd give him a nice car. Amazes me that someone would be so stupid as to smash the window of a 10 year old car that is obviously empty.... drug addicts most likely. Nothing was stolen... he learned his lesson in Seattle when some one else smashed another window and then stole his trash bag (kid you not).

NoClarity
Profile for NoClarity
Re: H2 for All... again at last!    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-23-2018 19:01
TonyEX wrote:

You keep getting ripped off... we got better weather, we got better freeways, we don't have Oakland (*) and we got fuel at 14.99.

(*) My son went on a date to a fancy Oakland restaurant recently. Someone smashed the back side window of his Fit. I told him NOT to go across the Bay Bridge anymore. Certainly NOT to Oakland. IMHO, he should move to The OC. Then we'd give him a nice car. Amazes me that someone would be so stupid as to smash the window of a 10 year old car that is obviously empty.... drug addicts most likely. Nothing was stolen... he learned his lesson in Seattle when some one else smashed another window and then stole his trash bag (kid you not).

Interestingly, my 3rd generation Integra GS-R got stolen in Burbank 1.5 decades ago. Never a problem in the decades I owned it here. Okay, I took it back, someone stole the LED from the rear spoiler back when I parked in on the street in SF. OEM it cost me $ 150 or so two decades ago.

Every time we drove to LA, it's always a relief for me when we reached near I-580 already. Things cool down, the fog rolling in as a natural air conditioning.

Can't handle LA heat, although the FCV loves it.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: H2 for All... again at last!    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-24-2018 14:28
NoClarity wrote:
TonyEX wrote:

Interestingly, my 3rd generation Integra GS-R got stolen in Burbank 1.5 decades ago. Never a problem in the decades I owned it here. Okay, I took it back, someone stole the LED from the rear spoiler back when I parked in on the street in SF. OEM it cost me $ 150 or so two decades ago.

Every time we drove to LA, it's always a relief for me when we reached near I-580 already. Things cool down, the fog rolling in as a natural air conditioning.

Can't handle LA heat, although the FCV loves it.

Some asshole stole the front left turn signal indicator in my GSR at a parking lot at work.

After that, I replaced all the screws with Torx. The punks don't mess with that.

Or course, someone also stole the wheel and tire off our RXS-X, in front of our house. Left it standing on an OEM Honda jack. After that we started getting wheel locks.

The weather in the San Fernando Valley is to my neighborhood what Sacramento is to Pacifica.

BTW- the weather in the Bay Area may be cooler (not Saint Josey though) than SoCal.. but the traffic simply sucks. The 580 is a parking lot when we come up in the afternoon from the 5 and then veer West. The Eastern lanes are stop and go from waaaaay over them hills and Don Quijote lands. (*)

(*) Hint, what did Don Quijote charge with his lance?

Mikgtir
Profile for Mikgtir
Re: H2 for All... again at last!    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-12-2018 12:12
Hi Tony,

This should be of interest to you, perhaps to make also a good business out of it?

https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/we-may-soon-be-able-to-melt-down-plastic-waste-into-fuel-for-hydrogen-cars/

Can imagine that Exxon, BP, shell and the other big petrol names will make this a no news... Or buy the patent and then kill it...

eneka
Profile for eneka
Re: H2 for All... again at last!    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-13-2018 01:59
Just an fyi, true zero stations here in southern CA couple be experiencing shortages in the next couple of days!
superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: H2 for All... again at last!    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-13-2018 02:39
eneka wrote:
Just an fyi, true zero stations here in southern CA couple be experiencing shortages in the next couple of days!

And the hungry Mirai's will be queueing up.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: H2 for All... again at last!    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-14-2018 20:38
eneka wrote:

Why?

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: H2 for All... again at last!    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-14-2018 20:52
superchg2 wrote:
eneka wrote:

And the hungry Mirai's will be queueing up.

I got no clue where they come from.

Lately UCI has been a very nice drive up and fuel up. Sometimes you see another Clarity.

Now, the ex Prius / Mirai owners will go nuts again, monitoring their Apple phones to see if there's enough fuel to top off their tanks.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: H2 for All... NOT again at last!    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-14-2018 21:20
Well, that's screwed up... and you know who wasn't paying attention so now I'll get stuck with a car low in fuel while she takes the truck.

Not only did she drive the car and waste H2 but then she drove around at lunch. "Planning on fueling up tonight"...

https://tiremeetsroad.com/2018/09/13/air-products-confirms-another-hydrogen-shortage-for-the-socal-area-on-the-way/

And naturally, it's all my fault.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: H2 for All... NOT again at last!    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-14-2018 21:25
TonyEX wrote:
Well, that's screwed up... and you know who wasn't paying attention so now I'll get stuck with a car low in fuel while she takes the truck.

Not only did she drive the car and waste H2 but then she drove around at lunch. "Planning on fueling up tonight"...

https://tiremeetsroad.com/2018/09/13/air-products-confirms-another-hydrogen-shortage-for-the-socal-area-on-the-way/

The good thing is that I get MY car again.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: H2 for All... NOT again at last!    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-14-2018 23:01
TonyEX wrote:
TonyEX wrote:

The good thing is that I get MY car again.

Looks like Costa Mesa got one last load...

Looking back, I see lots of station compressor failures. Torrance is on its second failure in a year and a half.

The ones out towards San Bernardino sure fail a lot.

And then, why does it take six weeks to do a State Test?

The whole thing, the delivery system needs to be re-thought through.

(1) Licensing needs to move from two years to six months.
(2) Compressors need to become more reliable, mass produced and stocked somewhere. Customs, etc... needs to be taken out of the loop. No more "ordering" from the factory when the current one fails.
(3) Production of H2 needs to increase and more facilities need to get involved. Distributed production will minimized these "shortages".
(4) Shell sucks.
(5) Need more stations.

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0