[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
2019 CR-V goes on sale with few changes, nominal price increase
More.......................
2019 Honda Civic Type R and Civic Hatchback Accelerate into Dealerships
American Honda Reports October Sales
Honda Rugged Open Air Vehicle Concept Debuts at 2018 SEMA Show
SEMA: Graham Rahal Injects Style, Power and Performance to Custom Acura RDX A-Spec
NSX GT3 Evo To Compete Globally in 2019
2019 Acura ILX Arrives with Dynamic New Styling, Major Technology Upgrades and New A-Spec Treatment
Honda Joins with Cruise and General Motors to Build New Autonomous Vehicle
TSX --> Re: TSX Sportwagon - rear washer not squirting
Join Discussion......
RDX --> 2019 Advance Squeaks and Camera Issues
Join Discussion......
CR-Z --> Re: Honda's Biggest Mistake? Why Now Is The Time To Buy The Misunderstood CR-Z
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Hyundai Veloster N starts at $27,785
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 2019 Civic MPG Down
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: 2019 Mazda CX-5 Turbo
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Interview Max Verstappen on F1 and Watches & the new TAG Heuer Verstappen Edition
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2018 Brazilian Grand Prix - Spoilers
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2018 Honda F1 PU
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: CR-V Hybrid
Join Discussion......
IMA/Hybrids --> Re: Check IMA System light is on - what could it mean?
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: Oil Contamination in CRV's and Civic's with the 1.5T
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: 2018 CR-V price experience
Join Discussion......
MDX --> Re: MDX update schedule?
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: 2019 Honda CRV on Honda Canada Website
Join Discussion......
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Spy Shots > > Re: Honda Passport prototype caught in Los Angeles

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
Honda1
Profile for Honda1
Honda Passport prototype caught in Los Angeles    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-17-2018 08:45
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
https://www.leftlanenews.com/spied-honda-passport-prototype-101149.html

"The Pilot's 3.5-liter V6 engine is expected to be standard equipment here. We wouldn't completely rule out the inclusion of the company's new two-liter turbocharged four-cylinder (as seen in the 2018 Honda Accord), but we have no evidence to suggest that it will be offered initially."

vh2k
Profile for vh2k
Re: Honda Passport prototype caught in Los Angeles    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-17-2018 09:27
Are we sure this is a Passport and not an old Pontiac Aztek???

Seriously, these shots are not encouraging. Looks like a 1G Chevy Equinox.

rev2damoon
Profile for rev2damoon
Re: Honda Passport prototype caught in Los Angeles    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-17-2018 09:27
https://www.leftlanenews.com/spied-honda-passport-prototype-101149.html
None
Profile for None
Re: Honda Passport prototype caught in Los Angeles    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-17-2018 11:22
vh2k wrote:

Wow, your x-ray vision should be put to better use. I bet the military would love to talk to you.

saitamahonda
Profile for saitamahonda
Re: Honda Passport prototype caught in Los Angeles    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-17-2018 23:15
If it looks anything like the Avancier orUR-V, shut up and take my money and my 2015 CR-V.

vh2k
Profile for vh2k
Re: Honda Passport prototype caught in Los Angeles    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-17-2018 23:32
No need for a Toyota Venza wannabe. If it failed for Toyota, it will fail for Honda.
saitamahonda
Profile for saitamahonda
Re: Honda Passport prototype caught in Los Angeles    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-18-2018 01:21
Looks are subjective, Venza had a stupid front face and an even dumber "toilet seat" name.

Some people want something larger than a CR-V but not ugly like a Pilot. This Passport/Avancier/UR-V looks more refined and masculine than the MDX/RDX/CRV/HRV.

This is more like the original Passport/Stream/Element type look which I quite like. The Avancier's refinement is definitely catering toward Japanese/Asian taste for designs like Land Rover.

owequitit
Profile for owequitit
Re: Honda Passport prototype caught in Los Angeles    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-18-2018 01:50
saitamahonda wrote:
Looks are subjective, Venza had a stupid front face and an even dumber "toilet seat" name.

Some people want something larger than a CR-V but not ugly like a Pilot. This Passport/Avancier/UR-V looks more refined and masculine than the MDX/RDX/CRV/HRV.

This is more like the original Passport/Stream/Element type look which I quite like. The Avancier's refinement is definitely catering toward Japanese/Asian taste for designs like Land Rover.

If it looks like the Avancier, I am not longer interested...

saitamahonda
Profile for saitamahonda
Re: Honda Passport prototype caught in Los Angeles    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-18-2018 02:43
owequitit wrote:
saitamahonda wrote:

If it looks like the Avancier, I am not longer interested...

Knowing American Honda, the Passport is not going to look nearly as good. I'm probably going to be disappointed but I might consider it if the fuel efficiency is decent or if a plug-in hybrid version comes out.

nj
Profile for nj
Re: Honda Passport prototype caught in Los Angeles    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-18-2018 08:33
How are any of you seeing Aztec or Avancier in this?? The roofline looks nothing like either.

It's literally going to be a shrunken Pilot.

just527
Profile for just527
Re: Honda Passport prototype caught in Los Angeles    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-18-2018 10:11
nj wrote:
How are any of you seeing Aztec or Avancier in this?? The roofline looks nothing like either.

https://www.motor1.com/photo/3164246/honda-passport-suv-spy-photo/

Exactly. You can even see glimpses of the 2019 Pilot's taillights through the camo on the prototypes plus it also has the pilot's interior. I'm hoping there are some actual styling differences but so far it looks it's gonna have a lot of similarities.

Mechanic
Profile for Mechanic
Re: Honda Passport prototype caught in Los Angeles    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-18-2018 10:17
Damn! One ugly design after another.

bnilhome
Profile for bnilhome
Re: Honda Passport prototype caught in Los Angeles    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-18-2018 11:05
vh2k wrote:

Actually the Lexus RX has earned the badge for a current day Pontiac Aztek...yet many still remain loyal to Lexus brand and continue to purchase it.

cksi1372
Profile for cksi1372
Re: Honda Passport prototype caught in Los Angeles    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-18-2018 11:24
bnilhome wrote:
vh2k wrote:

Actually the Lexus RX has earned the badge for a current day Pontiac Aztek...yet many still remain loyal to Lexus brand and continue to purchase it.

Sorry, the RX looks nothing like the Aztek, except for maybe having 4 wheels. Yes, the front grill is over the top, but...

As for the new Passport, if it looks anything like the Avancier, NO THANKS. That thing is awful from the rearward perspective...worse than the present Q3.

Furthermore, I personally don't understand why they even need to shoehorn another SUV/CUV into the Honda lineup, but I guess they've done the research to have a "tweener" for the CR-V and Pilot.

bnilhome
Profile for bnilhome
Re: Honda Passport prototype caught in Los Angeles    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-18-2018 13:20
cksi1372 wrote:
bnilhome wrote:
vh2k wrote:

Sorry, the RX looks nothing like the Aztek, except for maybe having 4 wheels. Yes, the front grill is over the top, but...

As for the new Passport, if it looks anything like the Avancier, NO THANKS. That thing is awful from the rearward perspective...worse than the present Q3.

Furthermore, I personally don't understand why they even need to shoehorn another SUV/CUV into the Honda lineup, but I guess they've done the research to have a "tweener" for the CR-V and Pilot.

The entire RX minus the rims is hideous. There is not a worse looking CUV out now. As for the Passport, it seems Honda is targeting the Murano crowd which is in between the Rogue and Pathfinder. With how strong the CRV and Pilot are I am not sure how the Passport would sell.

vh2k
Profile for vh2k
Re: Honda Passport prototype caught in Los Angeles    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-18-2018 14:32
nj wrote:

If it is literally a two row version of the Pilot with one foot in length chopped off, it still has some benefits.

If you donít need three rows, but want something more powerful and substantial than a CRV... the dealer will have something for you that is probably $2-3K cheaper than a comparable Pilot.

Midi_Amp
Profile for Midi_Amp
Re: Honda Passport prototype caught in Los Angeles    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-19-2018 01:56
saitamahonda wrote:

Looks are subjective, but people really like cherry picking things. The Venza was killed to make way for the Highlander, a better burlier looking SUV that fill the slot above the Rav4. The new Honda SUV I hope apes the Highlander recipe, with it being the big brother version of the CR-V, or the crazy cousin of the Pilot. I really hate the Ridgeline current design, Pilot's friendly fascia + plastic claddings really never did it for me. I hope the new car took the more aggressive route and mimic that in the Ridgeline refresh.

Prion
Profile for Prion
Re: Honda Passport prototype caught in Los Angeles    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-19-2018 21:23
The Highlander existed long before the Venza's 6 year run, though.
incubus
Profile for incubus
Re: Honda Passport prototype caught in Los Angeles    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-19-2018 23:08
Midi_Amp wrote:
saitamahonda wrote:

Looks are subjective, but people really like cherry picking things. The Venza was killed to make way for the Highlander, a better burlier looking SUV that fill the slot above the Rav4. The new Honda SUV I hope apes the Highlander recipe, with it being the big brother version of the CR-V, or the crazy cousin of the Pilot. I really hate the Ridgeline current design, Pilot's friendly fascia + plastic claddings really never did it for me. I hope the new car took the more aggressive route and mimic that in the Ridgeline refresh.

Huh? The Highlander existed before the Venda. Do you mean to make way for increased Highlander sales?

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0