[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
All-New 2019 Honda Passport Starts Adventure with Global Debut in Los Angeles
More.......................
2019 CR-V goes on sale with few changes, nominal price increase
2019 Honda Civic Type R and Civic Hatchback Accelerate into Dealerships
American Honda Reports October Sales
Honda Rugged Open Air Vehicle Concept Debuts at 2018 SEMA Show
SEMA: Graham Rahal Injects Style, Power and Performance to Custom Acura RDX A-Spec
NSX GT3 Evo To Compete Globally in 2019
2019 Acura ILX Arrives with Dynamic New Styling, Major Technology Upgrades and New A-Spec Treatment
CR-Z --> Re: Honda's Biggest Mistake? Why Now Is The Time To Buy The Misunderstood CR-Z
Join Discussion......
TSX --> Re: TSX Sportwagon - rear washer not squirting
Join Discussion......
RDX --> 2019 Advance Squeaks and Camera Issues
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Hyundai Veloster N starts at $27,785
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 2019 Civic MPG Down
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: 2019 Mazda CX-5 Turbo
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Interview Max Verstappen on F1 and Watches & the new TAG Heuer Verstappen Edition
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2018 Brazilian Grand Prix - Spoilers
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2018 Honda F1 PU
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: CR-V Hybrid
Join Discussion......
IMA/Hybrids --> Re: Check IMA System light is on - what could it mean?
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: Oil Contamination in CRV's and Civic's with the 1.5T
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: 2018 CR-V price experience
Join Discussion......
MDX --> Re: MDX update schedule?
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: 2019 Honda CRV on Honda Canada Website
Join Discussion......
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > General Talk > > Re: Accord 2.0 touring or TLX V6 Tech FWD

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
99SI
Profile for 99SI
Accord 2.0 touring or TLX V6 Tech FWD    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-17-2018 16:02
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Selling and lease prices of these cars are close to the same. Which would you get and why? My lease is ending soon and I am considering both. Also does anyone know if loyalty programs for Acura would also benefit me in choosing a Honda as a next car?
HDNBenjamin
Profile for HDNBenjamin
Re: Accord 2.0 touring or TLX V6 Tech FWD    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-17-2018 16:27
Accord! Better value and styling, imo.
according2kev
Profile for according2kev
Re: Accord 2.0 touring or TLX V6 Tech FWD    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-17-2018 18:12
I'd get the TLX just on styling alone. The Accord's droopy rear end and other awkward details just don't do it for me. The TLX also has a smoother and better sounding engine.
MSZ
Profile for MSZ
Re: Accord 2.0 touring or TLX V6 Tech FWD    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-17-2018 18:18
Accord all the way.
Hondarulez
Profile for Hondarulez
Re: Accord 2.0 touring or TLX V6 Tech FWD    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-17-2018 18:27
Accord for me:
New chassis
More modern engine
10AT is great
Better looking interior
Better infotainment system
More features since it's touring trim vs tech pkg

Fishbulb
Profile for Fishbulb
Re: Accord 2.0 touring or TLX V6 Tech FWD    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-17-2018 21:53
If you can put up with the 2l turbo over the much more refined V6, I'd take the Accord, just to be able to avoid the craptacular 9spd in the TLX.

You'd also have the advantage of running regular gas. Geez, I've been driving a fair bit in Canada, and the premium gas pricing up there vs regular is a substantial operating cost, and that's on much higher prices to begin with.

Grace141
Profile for Grace141
Re: Accord 2.0 touring or TLX V6 Tech FWD    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-18-2018 08:42
Go test drive both cars on the same day. I thought the TLX 4 I had for a loaner car drove nicely and I find the TLX to be a better sized and packaged car than the new Accord. The complaints about the TLX 6 have obviously been about the 9AT but also significant understeer due to the weight of the drivetrain.

I have to say though there are days when I find a new white Touring parked near a white Audi S6 in my office garage. It's not obvious from where Honda cribbed the overall theme for the 10G Accord until you see one parked next to the Audi. The Touring wheels are even similar to those on the particular S6. And now I'm tempted by the new Accords again.

Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: Accord 2.0 touring or TLX V6 Tech FWD    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-18-2018 09:22
TLX without SH-AWD seems to be completely missing the point, somehow.
shingles
Profile for shingles
Re: Accord 2.0 touring or TLX V6 Tech FWD    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-18-2018 09:24
99SI wrote:
Selling and lease prices of these cars are close to the same. Which would you get and why? My lease is ending soon and I am considering both. Also does anyone know if loyalty programs for Acura would also benefit me in choosing a Honda as a next car?

The crappy TLX transmission is a little be overblown. We recently leased a 19 V6 Aspec SH-AWD. I know it's not exactly the same as what you are looking at, but I am telling you, it's not as bad as people on the internet make it out to be. In fact, I haven't felt anything super annoying. There's a slight hang on up shit between what I think is 3-4 during moderate acceleration. But no rough downshifts or anything funky so far.

At the end of the day, the TLX was a better car. Yes it's older, but it is more refined than the accord. The V6 is so much smoother than the Accord. We test drove a 2.0T Touring. NICE car, don't get me wrong, but the 19 TLX is just a nicer car.

Not sure your budget, but if you are leasing, there is more money on the table for the TLX vs the Accord. The TLX is really a great ride, specifically in the V6 SH-AWD ASpec. Is it an M car or a AMG or S car, of course not. But at the price point that we got it for, it's a hell of a car. In fact, the only real complaints I have so far? The auto stop isn't as good as in other implementation I've been in (it restarts too slow), the ELS could use more low end, and I don't like that acura is pumping in engine sound - I think the J series sounds great as is.

99SI
Profile for 99SI
Re: Accord 2.0 touring or TLX V6 Tech FWD    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-19-2018 10:56
Thanks for all the feedback. The lease on my current TLX (non-tech V6) runs out at the end of the year and it has been a good car for me. The deal is that I am not that excited about leasing almost the same car again. The accord looks like a great car and I can't wait to try a few 2.0's out. The only thing that I am not a fan of is the chrome brow on the front. The sport model actually looks nice. As far as my 30k experience in the TLX goes the V6 is smooth and powerful, the car is quiet and handles really well for what it is. (Much better than my prior 6MT accord sedan). There is no body lean. (If i want a stiff ride sport mode delivers and normal and eco soften things out noticeably.) Just like 99% of accord and TLX buyers I will never race it or put it on a track so it meets my needs. The 9AT issues are non-existent in my 2016. I have averaged 30mpg over 30k miles on premium (which is better than the last two accords I owned 6MT and 4cyl auto) There are a few things that I really don't like on the TLX 1)the infotainment system is hit or miss as to what works 2) the rear deck rattle from the sub woofer 3) the amount of wheel spin you can easily summon in cold weather.
Farage1
Profile for Farage1
Re: Accord 2.0 touring or TLX V6 Tech FWD    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-19-2018 13:05
I would take the TLX v6 tech over the accord. Prefer the smoother V6, the nicer quality interior and Acura badge.
Chris_6MT
Profile for Chris_6MT
Re: Accord 2.0 touring or TLX V6 Tech FWD    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-19-2018 14:17
If leasing, TLX. It will be a far cheaper less payment than an Accord Touring. Acura incentivizes leases whereas Honda does not currently. I would also suggest a Q50. $300/month zero down is reasonable for either one. Check www.leasehackr.com.

If buying, Accord hands down as Tourings can be had for $30k all day long, or wait for the next gen TLX. Or a CPO TLX. The initial depreciation is pretty heavy.

HDNBenjamin
Profile for HDNBenjamin
Re: Accord 2.0 touring or TLX V6 Tech FWD    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-19-2018 20:30
I don't understand Honda's obsession with chrome. The Accord is very nice except for the ugly chrome unibrow. Have they not learned anything from the 4G TL disaster? Agree, the sport blacked out chrome is more appealing.
garoto
Profile for garoto
Re: Accord 2.0 touring or TLX V6 Tech FWD    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-20-2018 08:30
according2kev wrote:
I'd get the TLX just on styling alone. The Accord's droopy rear end and other awkward details just don't do it for me. The TLX also has a smoother and better sounding engine.

TLX without SH-AWD makes the whole car droopy, also, with that shitty non-Honda 9-Speed ZF-Crapmission? No thanks.

Accord all the way, unless you were going for a SH-AWD TLX A-Spec or something. You still canít get away from the shitty tranny, at least it is SH-AWD.

All these sedans are crippled with their one-wheeled wonders. All should have at least an LSD up front.

99SI
Profile for 99SI
Re: Accord 2.0 touring or TLX V6 Tech FWD    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-20-2018 12:12
garoto wrote:
according2kev wrote:

TLX without SH-AWD makes the whole car droopy, also, with that shitty non-Honda 9-Speed ZF-Crapmission? No thanks.

Accord all the way, unless you were going for a SH-AWD TLX A-Spec or something. You still canít get away from the shitty tranny, at least it is SH-AWD.

All these sedans are crippled with their one-wheeled wonders. All should have at least an LSD up front.

lol! That is why M and AMG cars exist... For my driving needs I don't think either SH-AWD or a LSD is going to help in my day to day driving. Just not that important. The FWD TLX V6 drives a lot like the 07-08 TL which is what perfectly fine by me. Also as others have said the 9AT issues are overblown. At least in my 30k miles of experience. Maybe I got an anomaly. Who knows.

Chris_6MT
Profile for Chris_6MT
Re: Accord 2.0 touring or TLX V6 Tech FWD    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-20-2018 12:40
garoto wrote:
according2kev wrote:

Agreed. The need for an LSD is tremendous. I almost drove off an on ramp yesterday when my Accordís turbo hit boost in 2nd gear and the inside tire just helplessly spun. I want to tune it, but the front tires cannot handle the power stock. My TL SH AWD was simply amazing in how it put down power in every imaginable driving scenario. I see zero point in buying an Acura without SH AWD and without ELS.

Civicb18
Profile for Civicb18
Re: Accord 2.0 touring or TLX V6 Tech FWD    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-21-2018 16:50
Iíd ONLY take the TLX if it was SH-AWD A-Spec. Outside of that, the Accord 2.0t Touring all day. The material quality is a bit nicer in the TLX but the presentation of materials and infotainment system is far superior in the Accord and the Accord is larger inside, is just as quick as the TLX V6 SH-AWD and gets better fuel economy. With that said, the next TLX needs to make a pretty sizeable jump (like the 2019 RDX did vs the 2018) to differentiate it and to not be able to compare it to the Accord!
99SI
Profile for 99SI
Re: Accord 2.0 touring or TLX V6 Tech FWD    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-21-2018 17:10
That's the dilemma for me. I don't want the same car again but it looks like the next TLX won't be out for a bit. 1st world problems I guess! The RDX is a really nice deal from what I can see. Hopefully this is a leading indicator for the next TLX>
Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: Accord 2.0 touring or TLX V6 Tech FWD    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-22-2018 05:46
If that's your dilemma, can you not hang on to the existing car for a few more years/decades? It's a Honda, after all...
Chris_6MT
Profile for Chris_6MT
Re: Accord 2.0 touring or TLX V6 Tech FWD    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-22-2018 11:25
Nick GravesX wrote:
If that's your dilemma, can you not hang on to the existing car for a few more years/decades? It's a Honda, after all...

He is on a lease that is ending. Reason #394 why I dislike leasing.

OP: what is the buyout price currently vs market value of your car? Get a quote from Carvana, Vroom, carmax etc. You may be in a position to buy the car out (finance it), and flip for a profit or drive it for a few more months for free. Honda will also extend leases, although it very rarely makes any financial sense to do so.

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0