[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
American Honda Reports December Sales
More.......................
American Honda Reports November Sales
More.......................
2019 Honda Passport Makes World Debut: Adventure-Ready All-New 5-passenger SUV at 2018 LA Auto Show
More.......................
LIVE from Los Angeles: TOV's coverage of the 2019 Honda Passport reveal
More.......................
First Look: DNA Collectibles releases Urban EV Concept 1:18 scale model
More.......................
All-New 2019 Honda Passport Starts Adventure with Global Debut in Los Angeles
More.......................
2019 CR-V goes on sale with few changes, nominal price increase
More.......................
2019 Honda Civic Type R and Civic Hatchback Accelerate into Dealerships
More.......................
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Toyota: Hydrogen Fuel cell vehicles will eventually be cheaper than gasoline-powered cars
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2007 TL-S vs 2018 TLX V6-AWD
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: When will Si have more HP and LEDs?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: My talk with Honda's Motorsports Boss
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Cars for a mid life crisis
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: I have an RDX service loaner
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Non-Type S ?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> 2020 Toyota Supra auctions for $ 2.1 Million
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: BMW trying to out ugly Lexus
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: Incomplete recall
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Accord back in the family
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: ICE to FCEV "engine" swap
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Suzuki Grand Vitara experience?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2019 Acura/Honda Debuts
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Honda's new marking word - "Spay-flu"
Join Discussion......
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
Read Article....................
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > HR-V/Vezel > > Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
Vxtec
Profile for Vxtec
European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-13-2018 11:44
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
FYI:

https://www.motor1.com/news/262124/2019-honda-hr-v-europe/

Therefore, not yet for the NA or Australia-Asia regions (in the updated generation) - however, Europe does get it!

sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-13-2018 17:49
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Other than the stupid chrome probiscus (Acura beak anyone?) I like the styling changes. Good to see they're dropping the styling cues of having huge, oddly shaped tail lights, even if it's only by having smoked glass over the awkward bits to minimise their bulk and shape - a la the Insight's rear lenses.

But I can't believe they're not bringing the 1.5T to Australia right now, I'm sure it and the diesel would make it even more popular down here. Hell I'd consider one myself.

Vxtec
Profile for Vxtec
Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-14-2018 04:05
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
sadlerau wrote:

But I can't believe they're not bringing the 1.5T to Australia right now, I'm sure it and the diesel would make it even more popular down here. Hell I'd consider one myself.



Most likely the 1.5T will be available with the next generation - still a few years away. As for the diesel engine, even VW is dropping them in their Golfs offered in Australia, it seems after the dieselgate scandal their becoming much less popular (even in the European market).

danielgr
Profile for danielgr
Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-14-2018 09:20
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
sadlerau wrote:
Other than the stupid chrome probiscus (Acura beak anyone?) I like the styling changes. Good to see they're dropping the styling cues of having huge, oddly shaped tail lights, even if it's only by having smoked glass over the awkward bits to minimise their bulk and shape - a la the Insight's rear lenses.

But I can't believe they're not bringing the 1.5T to Australia right now, I'm sure it and the diesel would make it even more popular down here. Hell I'd consider one myself.

Agreed. Honda Japan seems like they really don't know what to do with the front of thei cars anymore...

It's like they are trying so hard, too hard.
This MMC ain't an improvement over the pre-MMC, which is a shame because the basis for the HR-V/Vezzel remains a very attractive one. The CH-R looks so much better and fresh nowadays, even if it's true that's a car they seem to have sacrificed everything for the sake of styling (wouldn't own it).

sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-14-2018 21:34
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I've been saying for years that Honda's designers seem to be trying too hard to look that little bit distinctive, and failing miserably.

I find it funny that the CH-R copies one of my least favourite Honda Civic details - the rear tail light cluster, and manages to make it look so much better. :(

Vxtec
Profile for Vxtec
Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-14-2018 23:33
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I would rather see Honda designers experimenting, as well as, challenge and playing with us regarding style with each new model...

and I believe Soichiro Honda also preferred 'uniqueness' (with the range of models released during his tenure) than...

the staleness in style that's become the norm with most vehicle manufacturers, ala - Mercedes, BMW, Audi, VW, Mazda, Ford... just to name a few!

Keep doing what you are doing Honda and always challenge the status quo! Right On! Power of Dreams! You betcha!

Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-15-2018 05:24
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
sadlerau wrote:
I've been saying for years that Honda's designers seem to be trying too hard to look that little bit distinctive, and failing miserably.

I find it funny that the CH-R copies one of my least favourite Honda Civic details - the rear tail light cluster, and manages to make it look so much better. :(



I do wonder if the Urban might pave the way for a distinctive, ultra-clean style. Sort of like VWs or the Chevy Camaro, of all things.

sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-15-2018 08:51
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
The Urban is cute, but how will it translate onto bigger bodies, let alone suffering the butchering past Honda showcars have received on their journey to a showroom.
None
Profile for None
Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-15-2018 09:00
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
The Everus in China is a good looking version of the HR-V. So is the XR-V.

I was hoping the mid model refresh would have been more like the XR-V.

Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-15-2018 15:06
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
sadlerau wrote:
The Urban is cute, but how will it translate onto bigger bodies, let alone suffering the butchering past Honda showcars have received on their journey to a showroom.


I'd say MINI is a good example of how NOT to do it - looks like they over-inflated the bigger ones.

Vxtec
Profile for Vxtec
Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-17-2018 00:43
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
None wrote:
The Everus in China is a good looking version of the HR-V. So is the XR-V.

I was hoping the mid model refresh would have been more like the XR-V.



Personally, I prefer the updated HRV than the Everus or XR-V. Nevertheless, I am looking forward to the next generation HRV coming in a few years time.

Restless
Profile for Restless
Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-17-2018 07:51
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
1.5T comes 4 years later than needed.
Ugly. Looks like pokemon on wheels.
It won't sell well in Europe.
can't they hire some designers from Audi or Skoda?


BG
Profile for BG
Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-17-2018 09:36
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Nick GravesX wrote:
sadlerau wrote:
The Urban is cute, but how will it translate onto bigger bodies, let alone suffering the butchering past Honda showcars have received on their journey to a showroom.


I'd say MINI is a good example of how NOT to do it - looks like they over-inflated the bigger ones.



The EV Coupe Concept looks to have adapted to the styling well enough, i can imagine a Citroenesque feel to a bigger hatchback version, though i'd love to see an artist impression of a mid size saloon.






Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-17-2018 13:10
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
BG wrote:
Nick GravesX wrote:
sadlerau wrote:
The Urban is cute, but how will it translate onto bigger bodies, let alone suffering the butchering past Honda showcars have received on their journey to a showroom.


I'd say MINI is a good example of how NOT to do it - looks like they over-inflated the bigger ones.



The EV Coupe Concept looks to have adapted to the styling well enough, i can imagine a Citroenesque feel to a bigger hatchback version, though i'd love to see an artist impression of a mid size saloon.








Well, it's how well it'd translate to a CUV that's important these days.

But the Coupe is an indication of how the theme can be developed - even if it was less well-received than the Urban.

I wonder is sedans will give way to hatchbacks, as they did in the 1970s? Peugeot are betting that with the new 508.

bigblue
Profile for bigblue
Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-29-2018 19:50
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/2019-honda-hr-v-gets-180bhp-sport-trim-package
BG
Profile for BG
Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-30-2018 06:17
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
The black pack doesn't look to bad especially minus the chrome ingot....




BG
Profile for BG
Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-30-2018 06:20
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
*too
bigblue
Profile for bigblue
Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-30-2018 09:18
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
BG wrote:
The black pack doesn't look to bad especially minus the chrome ingot....


Good point, having spoiled one of the most cohesive Honda designs in ages, they've unspoiled it again. Personally, I'm not sure the wheels are the best design, and I'm dubious about black wheels too, but it looks pretty OK overall.


JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-30-2018 13:11
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
bigblue wrote:
BG wrote:
The black pack doesn't look to bad especially minus the chrome ingot....


Good point, having spoiled one of the most cohesive Honda designs in ages, they've unspoiled it again. Personally, I'm not sure the wheels are the best design, and I'm dubious about black wheels too, but it looks pretty OK overall.




Looks really good to me in this and the Sport trim. I was told that the 1.5T won't work with the AWD system in the current platform, so that's why we're not getting the 1.5T HR-V in the USA, which is a real shame. Hopefully the next generation HR-V will add the 1.5T to the mix for the USA.

sennaFAN
Profile for sennaFAN
Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-30-2018 13:28
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
HAHA I knew there had to be one good reason to be in the UK ! Desperately needed this engine, should sell well
NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-30-2018 13:47
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply





s2ktaxi
Profile for s2ktaxi
Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-30-2018 21:54
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
with a manual transmission even! they should have added the LSD and just called it the HRV Si
Prion
Profile for Prion
Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-02-2018 11:14
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
JeffX wrote:Looks really good to me in this and the Sport trim. I was told that the 1.5T won't work with the AWD system in the current platform, so that's why we're not getting the 1.5T HR-V in the USA, which is a real shame. Hopefully the next generation HR-V will add the 1.5T to the mix for the USA.


So does that mean that the HR-V in the European market is FWD-only?

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-02-2018 11:33
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Prion wrote:
JeffX wrote:Looks really good to me in this and the Sport trim. I was told that the 1.5T won't work with the AWD system in the current platform, so that's why we're not getting the 1.5T HR-V in the USA, which is a real shame. Hopefully the next generation HR-V will add the 1.5T to the mix for the USA.


So does that mean that the HR-V in the European market is FWD-only?



I would expect the 1.5T to only offer FWD in Europe, otherwise somebody wasn't telling me the truth about why it didn't come to the US.

BG
Profile for BG
Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-02-2018 13:04
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
The HR-V is fwd only, in Europe. Could you imagine what a dog box it would be with awd and the current 1.5l Engine!!
Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-02-2018 13:45
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Indeed - very few AWD versions of that segment are sold in EU.

With Honda's invisible market share, it's probably not worth the bother.

None
Profile for None
Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-02-2018 16:38
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
JeffX wrote:
Prion wrote:
JeffX wrote:Looks really good to me in this and the Sport trim. I was told that the 1.5T won't work with the AWD system in the current platform, so that's why we're not getting the 1.5T HR-V in the USA, which is a real shame. Hopefully the next generation HR-V will add the 1.5T to the mix for the USA.


So does that mean that the HR-V in the European market is FWD-only?



I would expect the 1.5T to only offer FWD in Europe, otherwise somebody wasn't telling me the truth about why it didn't come to the US.



Sounds like a bad excuse to me. Either way, dump the 1.8 for the 1.5 turbo. If someone really needs AWD, give them the 1.8 only.

incubus
Profile for incubus
Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-03-2018 18:40
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
None wrote:
JeffX wrote:
Prion wrote:
JeffX wrote:Looks really good to me in this and the Sport trim. I was told that the 1.5T won't work with the AWD system in the current platform, so that's why we're not getting the 1.5T HR-V in the USA, which is a real shame. Hopefully the next generation HR-V will add the 1.5T to the mix for the USA.


So does that mean that the HR-V in the European market is FWD-only?



I would expect the 1.5T to only offer FWD in Europe, otherwise somebody wasn't telling me the truth about why it didn't come to the US.



Sounds like a bad excuse to me. Either way, dump the 1.8 for the 1.5 turbo. If someone really needs AWD, give them the 1.8 only.


💯 agree!

wooderson79
Profile for wooderson79
Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-04-2018 11:37
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
All they need to do now is lower the HRV about 6" and they'd be on to something!
None
Profile for None
Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-06-2018 16:10
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
wooderson79 wrote:
All they need to do now is lower the HRV about 6" and they'd be on to something!


Call it the Jazz.

;-)


 
Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0