[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Team Honda Research wins ST2 at NASA Nationals with their NC1 NSX
More.......................
Acura releases details on refreshed 2019 ILX
2019 Accord loses EX-L Navi and 1.5T Touring trims
American Honda Reports August Sales Increase as Trucks Smash Previous Records
2019 NSX Debuts in Monterey with Design Updates, Chassis Enhancements and Expanded Color Palette
2019 Civic trim change summary
Honda announces changes for 2019 Civic, including new Sport trim
When is the 2019 Accord arriving in showrooms? Maybe not until 2019
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Toyota wants new Celica or MR2
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Toyota Supra - First Drive
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: C&D Lightning Lap 2018
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2018 Honda F1 PU
Join Discussion......
Photoshops --> Re: Honda URB
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Interesting take on the "Camaro Crisis"
Join Discussion......
CR-Z --> Re: Honda's Biggest Mistake? Why Now Is The Time To Buy The Misunderstood CR-Z
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: All-New Cadillac 2019 XT4
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: First Ford, now Nissan dropping Sedans
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Audi Will Reportedly No Longer Offer Any Manual Transmissions in the U.S.
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Looking at a 2018 Accord Sport!
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: SuperGT - Spoilers
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2019 BMW 8-Series
Join Discussion......
Pilot --> Re: Anybody towing with 9AT Pilot or Odysseys?
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Indycar - Spoilers
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > RDX > > Re: Sat in an Advance - Complaints

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
Hondatalover
Profile for Hondatalover
Sat in an Advance - Complaints    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-15-2018 23:28
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I really liked it! It felt really nice, the general layout and shape of the dash and console were perfect. The back seat was pretty nice spot to be too. This one had the black on black scheme and it looked good with the high contrast piping and chrome bits and open pore wood accenting.

BUT

I of course have some complaints.

Before I list them I want to make it clear that this car is absolute amazing from design, driving dynamics, room and price. This car should and most likely will be #1 choice of sensible buyers who aren't looking for badge brownie points. I really like the car and would probably buy one if I could. The overall build quality is amazing compared to the last few Acura models released. I didn't find any misaligned panels or uneven panel gaps on the three RDXs I explored. That is something I was most shocked about, especially the hood, headlight, fender and front door gaps where I normally see issues. Even the inner taillights lined up on the top and bottom of both sides of the tailgate with the outer portion of the taillights almost perfectly. That's a HUGE task to achieve on mass produced vehicles.

However I have some observations and opinions.

1.) Cheap headliner. Very thin, harsh and unpleasant fabric texture, not padded or not very well padded. Extremely minor, almost a non issue. You never touch the headliner, rarely need to look at it. It was probably cheaper and weighed less making the RDX overall better. I know the car is very quite on the road but if the headliner was a tad thicker/ better padded I may help cut down some interior and road noise, especially with winds. I only reference this because of the pano roof adds potential to allow more noise into the cabin.

2.) Similar to the headliner I noticed the A and B pillars were not "soft touch". The A pillar seemed to be more similar to the headliner but was not at all soft, felt kind of fuzzy in some areas. The B pillar was a simple molded piece of hard plastic that was textured to look like fabric. My moms Hyundai is like that. Again, not a huge issue. The A pillar isn't my main concern, but the B pillar I noticed had a very echoing/ hollow sound when you released the seat belt and the buckle knocks against it. In my TSX it is a piece that is covered by fabric and cuts down the echo/ hollow noise a bit. But to get this noise you'll have to almost purposely let the seat belt buckle slap the higher side of the B pillar anyway. Probably not something that will occur often.

3.) The piece of trim that flows from the front sides of the dash into the door panels is wedged between the dash and A pillar and was loose on both sides of the car (driver and passenger). I was able to wiggle the piece and almost lift it upward. I was checking the area out because I noticed it will be quick to collect dust as it's a giant valley. This could potential cause interior noises like rattles and squeaks as the car ages and the engine mounts deteriorate allowing more 4 cylinder vibrations come through the cabin.

4.) The center console that becomes the armrest seems to be made of multiple plastic pieces wrapped in leather. It felt fairly solid but I noticed with a slight amount of pressure from my knee/ leg or my arm leaning my body weight onto the car (scenario when reaching into the the glove box/ passenger floor board) cause a few pops from the "arch"/ floating console. The assembly was not loose, I was not able to see visible movement anywhere in the console. I have to assume it was the multiple pieces of plastics rubbing each other with the very little flexing I caused. I am not trying to tear the car up, I was simply seeing how sturdy some elements are. Due to the the design I doubt there is a better way to build the console as one piece. This is one area that may become nosier as the car ages and goes through multiple heat cycles.

5.) The placement HVAC, volume knob and channel tuning buttons drive me crazy. I hate the silly Cadillac grill/ emblem outlining the HVAC controls sitting above the "groin cup" shaped gear selector. And then to make it worse the console is a sea of piano black empty space plastic will just show dust and finger prints like crazy! The shapes do not match and the locations of the hvac I feel are too high up and far away. I do like the touchpad interface and it's placement, it was very comfy. The center stack could have used a cleaner layout. It's probably my biggest gripe about the entire car.

6.) Advance wheels suck a$$. 'Nuff said.

7.) Taillight assemblies look cheap. They use a reflector housing with holes cut out of the top of the bowls where they had a LED card slotted above them. And then the turn signals are not LED. The application works fine and is a lot cheaper than a complex full LED assembly the older MDX and TL had, or like what Audis and BMW do now. Still just a little nit pick I found.

Despite all of that petty complaining above I still really really like the car. Can't wait and hope to see it all (design, performance and build quality) smashed into a sedan about the size of the ILX!

LOVE this wood.

There is going to be a lot of lucky kids that get to grow up in one of these back seats.

IMO, ASPEC is the only way to GO! Love the more aggressive stance and larger exhaust tips. Taillights could use a meaner look though.

10/10 recommend and WOULD buy. Acura has done something amazing with the RDX and they can only go up form there.

And to the people who buy the only two and very sad looking base model ILXs, I will pray for you. That damn car is SOOO bad.

***For the record, among the entire selection of MDX, RDX and TLXs, I would say for each models, at least 60% of them each were ASPEC packaged cars. this makes me happy, Acura really does need to push their ASPEC look to help get everyones attention again. Sadly only one TLX with a SH-AWD Aspec. The rest were FWD Advance, v6, or 2.4 Aspecs. $40,000 for a 2.4L Aspec TLX is hilarious when for $6000 more you could get the V6 SH-AWD Aspec.

Hondatalover
Profile for Hondatalover
Re: Sat in an Advance - Complaints    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-16-2018 00:07
Hondatalover wrote:

IMO, ASPEC is the only way to GO! Love the more aggressive stance and larger exhaust tips. Taillights could use a meaner look though.

oh hmmmm :)

Mikeydred
Profile for Mikeydred
Re: Sat in an Advance - Complaints    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-16-2018 11:50
Hondatalover wrote:
Hondatalover wrote:

oh hmmmm :)

Acura has been making their headliners, moonroof shades and visors thinner and thinner with each release and makes them feel cheap. I noticed that on the RDX as well, my biggest gripe was the rear doors lack wood accents but overall was very expressed the first one I sat in was an Advance the next time was an White Aspec with red interior on the showroom and wow.
On a side note there was an RLX sport hybrid in the showroom also and I think I said before that the interior was vastly improved, actually sat in this one, the inner doors rear near the d pillar all had a soft velvet like material that felt nice to the touch, it was black on black with the suede like headliner, very nice. Rear also looked great with the exposed exhaust and piano finish defuser but the front and proportions still arnt there. Add some of the RDX interior design elements and turn up the luxury content especially for rear passengers and of course fix the proportions and Acura will have a chance in this space

Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: Sat in an Advance - Complaints    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-16-2018 13:14
Good point about the too many different bits on the centre console.

The Leg End is like that and every few years, one must rip it out and line it with fuzzy felt (Velcro, actually) to stop the infernal squeaks and creaks.

Civicb18
Profile for Civicb18
Re: Sat in an Advance - Complaints    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-16-2018 17:08
The 2019 RDX is THE BEST executed Acura application since the 04-08 TL!!
APTL
Profile for APTL
Re: Sat in an Advance - Complaints    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-16-2018 20:02
Civicb18 wrote:

And Kris Jenner is the smartest Kartrashian. In both cases, it's not a very high bar to begin with.

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: Sat in an Advance - Complaints    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-16-2018 20:28
APTL wrote:
Civicb18 wrote:

And Kris Jenner is the smartest Kartrashian. In both cases, it's not a very high bar to begin with.

With 20 year old Kylie Jenner on her way to being a billionaire,
I think that they are laughing all the way to the bank.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbesdigitalcovers/2018/07/11/how-20-year-old-kylie-jenner-built-a-900-million-fortune-in-less-than-3-years/#55271dadaa62

99SI
Profile for 99SI
Re: Sat in an Advance - Complaints    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-16-2018 23:19
Are there any official instrumented tests of this
Thing yet? I have not seen anything from the usual
suspects.

Civicb18
Profile for Civicb18
Re: Sat in an Advance - Complaints    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-17-2018 04:00
APTL wrote:
Civicb18 wrote:

Itís been getting rave reviews and sales are up so Acura must have done something right. Whatís wrong with it in your opinion?

APTL
Profile for APTL
Re: Sat in an Advance - Complaints    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-17-2018 06:57
Civicb18 wrote:
APTL wrote:
Civicb18 wrote:

Itís been getting rave reviews and sales are up so Acura must have done something right. Whatís wrong with it in your opinion?

Sigh. The comment was referencing the statement that it was the best executed Acura since the TL, but considering how poorly Acuras have been executed for years, it wouldn't take much to improve on that. It would be like saying "this is the best ILX ever!".

But since you asked, I don't like the dinky RDX taillights. The answer-to-a-question-nobody-asked-touchpad is not intuitive and just plain silly. Everyone on the planet has a touchscreen phone and knows how they work, so Honda in its infinite wisdom says "let's make something that is NOT a touchscreen" and then brags about it. Same goes for the stupid transmission buttons and the big "dynamic precision" knob or whatever it's called. Put a lever in there like people have been using just fine forever. Car & Driver (and others) have said the 10-speed transmission takes too long to shift, the brakes aren't responsive enough, and the steering doesn't have enough feel. As I said in another thread, people love to point out how it's thousands of dollars less than the competition - but it should be; you're buying an Acura.

Frankly given Honda's history with engines and transmissions, I would NEVER buy a first year model of theirs with a brand new turbo engine and brand new transmission. That's just asking for trouble. And just my opinion. I'd buy a CPO something else.

(Incidentally, last month in only its second month on sale, the brand new RDX sold a whopping 245 more units than the old version did in July 2017, or about 9% increase. Like the new Accord, I would think it should be showing double-digit increases for at least a few months after being introduced, especially for a crossover).

Fitdad
Profile for Fitdad
Re: Sat in an Advance - Complaints    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-17-2018 10:44
APTL wrote:
Sigh. The comment was referencing the statement that it was the best executed Acura since the TL, but considering how poorly Acuras have been executed for years, it wouldn't take much to improve on that. It would be like saying "this is the best ILX ever!".

(Incidentally, last month in only its second month on sale, the brand new RDX sold a whopping 245 more units than the old version did in July 2017, or about 9% increase. Like the new Accord, I would think it should be showing double-digit increases for at least a few months after being introduced, especially for a crossover).

-It's actually nothing at all like that, bringing up other Acura's is a straw man as the only comparison made was to the 3G TL. The 3G TL was world-class at the time and almost certainly Acura's most successful product launch since they originally came to market in the 80s. What Civicb18 is saying is that the Acura RDX is either the best or 2nd best Acura product of the past 20 years.

-Incidentally, July was the fourth highest month ever for RDX sales. So in the two months it's been on sale they've posted the highest and fourth highest sales months ever for the car. Big failure so far. Obviously the dinky taillights are to blame.

6Speeds
Profile for 6Speeds
Re: Sat in an Advance - Complaints    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-17-2018 11:29
I would second the complaint on the headliner -- nowhere near as nice as the Tricot headliner in the RLX. Ironically, that material was used in my '03 CL as standard, so it's obvious that Acura took some shortcuts around '08-'10.

My other beef is the one-piece plastic backing to the front chairs as opposed to having a nicely tucked-in leather as it has previously been done on most cars. The plastic is hard and looks cheap.

Everything else about this car is a homerun!

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: Sat in an Advance - Complaints    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-17-2018 11:31
Fitdad wrote:
APTL wrote:

-It's actually nothing at all like that, bringing up other Acura's is a straw man as the only comparison made was to the 3G TL. The 3G TL was world-class at the time and almost certainly Acura's most successful product launch since they originally came to market in the 80s. What Civicb18 is saying is that the Acura RDX is either the best or 2nd best Acura product of the past 20 years.

-Incidentally, July was the fourth highest month ever for RDX sales. So in the two months it's been on sale they've posted the highest and fourth highest sales months ever for the car. Big failure so far. Obviously the dinky taillights are to blame.

The RDX seems like the best product that Acura has had in years, and is probably only limited by supply in terms of monthly sales.

APTL
Profile for APTL
Re: Sat in an Advance - Complaints    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-17-2018 15:03
Why so angry all the time? Do you own one? Want to own one? Are you about to own one? Why are you so obviously annoyed with the thoughts of a perfect stranger? Opinions that are different than yours are not automatically stupid; they're different.

Your issue isn't with the RDX; it's the inability to understand different viewpoints. Relax; it's just a car.

Fitdad wrote:
APTL wrote:

Hondarulez
Profile for Hondarulez
Re: Sat in an Advance - Complaints    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-17-2018 18:41
From the reviews I've read, the infotainment system in current Acura models are no good because of the dual screen setup. People also complained about its old graphics. So I think it's a question that many people asked - to make a better system. So far most of the reviews on the infotainment system have been positive. There are some people who prefer touch screen, but this new system is easy to use, very intuitive even for someone not very smart like myself.

Engine isn't really brand new since variations of the engine is found in fk2, fk8, and accord. Tranny also used in accord and Odyssey. Don't think there were many issues with 6at before. Same argument applies for every car though, that a new generation is more prone to bugs.

The rdx is thousands less than competitors but it longer feels like it's lacking something.

Havebt bought an Acura since the 2007 rdx but I was happy to pay full price on one this time around.

HDNBenjamin
Profile for HDNBenjamin
Re: Sat in an Advance - Complaints    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-17-2018 23:10
I like the new RDX a lot but agree on the UGLY advance wheels. WTF were they thinking?
TLinTX
Profile for TLinTX
Re: Sat in an Advance - Complaints    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-17-2018 23:36
Iím positive I have seen this design before on a Chevy Cavalier. With wheel covers.
Hondarulez
Profile for Hondarulez
Re: Sat in an Advance - Complaints    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-20-2018 01:15
To try to get people to buy the accessory wheels LOL.

I've got a set of aftermarket wheels from my 1st gen RDX that are the exact same size as the A-spec ones...I will put these on and see how it goes.

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: Sat in an Advance - Complaints    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-20-2018 02:32
Hondarulez wrote:
From the reviews I've read, the infotainment system in current Acura models are no good because of the dual screen setup. People also complained about its old graphics. So I think it's a question that many people asked - to make a better system. So far most of the reviews on the infotainment system have been positive. There are some people who prefer touch screen, but this new system is easy to use, very intuitive even for someone not very smart like myself.

Engine isn't really brand new since variations of the engine is found in fk2, fk8, and accord. Tranny also used in accord and Odyssey. Don't think there were many issues with 6at before. Same argument applies for every car though, that a new generation is more prone to bugs.

The rdx is thousands less than competitors but it longer feels like it's lacking something.

Havebt bought an Acura since the 2007 rdx but I was happy to pay full price on one this time around.

Saw another new RDX today and the fit and finish of the exterior looks top drawer. And pretty sleek, too.

Kryngle Da Great
Profile for Kryngle Da Great
Re: Sat in an Advance - Complaints    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-20-2018 21:13
Finally got to sit in one and play with it on the weekend
I'm not sure if it was a defective one or this is how it operates but when I went to turn on the headlights. It look like the light would flicker before it comes on fully. It seem like u had to smack the headlight unit for it to correct itself. Did anybody else notice this?

DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: Sat in an Advance - Complaints    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-21-2018 10:00
I don't know if I like it.

Is the front space cramped? It looks like the center stack design would have you hitting knees on it.

cksi1372
Profile for cksi1372
Re: Sat in an Advance - Complaints    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-21-2018 10:27
APTL wrote:
Civicb18 wrote:
APTL wrote:
Civicb18 wrote:

But since you asked, I don't like the dinky RDX taillights. The answer-to-a-question-nobody-asked-touchpad is not intuitive and just plain silly. Everyone on the planet has a touchscreen phone and knows how they work, so Honda in its infinite wisdom says "let's make something that is NOT a touchscreen" and then brags about it. Same goes for the stupid transmission buttons and the big "dynamic precision" knob or whatever it's called. Put a lever in there like people have been using just fine forever. Car & Driver (and others) have said the 10-speed transmission takes too long to shift, the brakes aren't responsive enough, and the steering doesn't have enough feel. As I said in another thread, people love to point out how it's thousands of dollars less than the competition - but it should be; you're buying an Acura.

Frankly given Honda's history with engines and transmissions, I would NEVER buy a first year model of theirs with a brand new turbo engine and brand new transmission. That's just asking for trouble. And just my opinion. I'd buy a CPO something else.

True, but they have to start again somewhere. I think the new RDX is a very good effort for Acura to get back on the right track.

I do happen to agree with you on the taillights, but it's not that big of a deal, IMO, and something they can easily fix. I am probably totally in disagreement with you on the touchpad vs touchscreen. A vehicle is NOT a phone and I believe "feel" is much safer than "sight", plus their last iteration with the 2 screen setup was awful...try turning on the seat heaters with the touchscreen. I've always kind of thought the push buttons for transmissions was a corny idea, but it seems like it's caught on for some reason. The rest, I'd prefer to drive the vehicle before commenting, but in general, Honda/Acura brakes have always seemed lackluster. On price, I have to sadly agree, Acura tends to use materials that are 1 step down from other makes, especially the Germans.

100% with you on first year models, pretty much of any make, and definitely with H/A transmissions...have had 2 fails on new model Honda's and father had 1 going on an 05 TL. Engines seem to be rock solid, so that wouldn't bother me so much, even with a turbo.

We'll see how it goes, but definitely a step in the right direction, IMO.

BallerMDX
Profile for BallerMDX
Re: Sat in an Advance - Complaints    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-25-2018 23:50
APTL wrote:
Why so angry all the time? Do you own one? Want to own one? Are you about to own one? Why are you so obviously annoyed with the thoughts of a perfect stranger? Opinions that are different than yours are not automatically stupid; they're different.

Your issue isn't with the RDX; it's the inability to understand different viewpoints. Relax; it's just a car.

Fitdad wrote:
APTL wrote:

Maybe you should take your own advice. Seems you're the one bent all out of shape because someone else has the opinion that the RDX is the best Acura since the 3rd gen TL...

bnilhome
Profile for bnilhome
Re: Sat in an Advance - Complaints    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-26-2018 10:49
Hondatalover wrote:
I really liked it! It felt really nice, the general layout and shape of the dash and console were perfect. The back seat was pretty nice spot to be too. This one had the black on black scheme and it looked good with the high contrast piping and chrome bits and open pore wood accenting.

BUT

I of course have some complaints.

Before I list them I want to make it clear that this car is absolute amazing from design, driving dynamics, room and price. This car should and most likely will be #1 choice of sensible buyers who aren't looking for badge brownie points. I really like the car and would probably buy one if I could. The overall build quality is amazing compared to the last few Acura models released. I didn't find any misaligned panels or uneven panel gaps on the three RDXs I explored. That is something I was most shocked about, especially the hood, headlight, fender and front door gaps where I normally see issues. Even the inner taillights lined up on the top and bottom of both sides of the tailgate with the outer portion of the taillights almost perfectly. That's a HUGE task to achieve on mass produced vehicles.

However I have some observations and opinions.

1.) Cheap headliner. Very thin, harsh and unpleasant fabric texture, not padded or not very well padded. Extremely minor, almost a non issue. You never touch the headliner, rarely need to look at it. It was probably cheaper and weighed less making the RDX overall better. I know the car is very quite on the road but if the headliner was a tad thicker/ better padded I may help cut down some interior and road noise, especially with winds. I only reference this because of the pano roof adds potential to allow more noise into the cabin.

2.) Similar to the headliner I noticed the A and B pillars were not "soft touch". The A pillar seemed to be more similar to the headliner but was not at all soft, felt kind of fuzzy in some areas. The B pillar was a simple molded piece of hard plastic that was textured to look like fabric. My moms Hyundai is like that. Again, not a huge issue. The A pillar isn't my main concern, but the B pillar I noticed had a very echoing/ hollow sound when you released the seat belt and the buckle knocks against it. In my TSX it is a piece that is covered by fabric and cuts down the echo/ hollow noise a bit. But to get this noise you'll have to almost purposely let the seat belt buckle slap the higher side of the B pillar anyway. Probably not something that will occur often.

3.) The piece of trim that flows from the front sides of the dash into the door panels is wedged between the dash and A pillar and was loose on both sides of the car (driver and passenger). I was able to wiggle the piece and almost lift it upward. I was checking the area out because I noticed it will be quick to collect dust as it's a giant valley. This could potential cause interior noises like rattles and squeaks as the car ages and the engine mounts deteriorate allowing more 4 cylinder vibrations come through the cabin.

4.) The center console that becomes the armrest seems to be made of multiple plastic pieces wrapped in leather. It felt fairly solid but I noticed with a slight amount of pressure from my knee/ leg or my arm leaning my body weight onto the car (scenario when reaching into the the glove box/ passenger floor board) cause a few pops from the "arch"/ floating console. The assembly was not loose, I was not able to see visible movement anywhere in the console. I have to assume it was the multiple pieces of plastics rubbing each other with the very little flexing I caused. I am not trying to tear the car up, I was simply seeing how sturdy some elements are. Due to the the design I doubt there is a better way to build the console as one piece. This is one area that may become nosier as the car ages and goes through multiple heat cycles.

5.) The placement HVAC, volume knob and channel tuning buttons drive me crazy. I hate the silly Cadillac grill/ emblem outlining the HVAC controls sitting above the "groin cup" shaped gear selector. And then to make it worse the console is a sea of piano black empty space plastic will just show dust and finger prints like crazy! The shapes do not match and the locations of the hvac I feel are too high up and far away. I do like the touchpad interface and it's placement, it was very comfy. The center stack could have used a cleaner layout. It's probably my biggest gripe about the entire car.

6.) Advance wheels suck a$$. 'Nuff said.

7.) Taillight assemblies look cheap. They use a reflector housing with holes cut out of the top of the bowls where they had a LED card slotted above them. And then the turn signals are not LED. The application works fine and is a lot cheaper than a complex full LED assembly the older MDX and TL had, or like what Audis and BMW do now. Still just a little nit pick I found.

Despite all of that petty complaining above I still really really like the car. Can't wait and hope to see it all (design, performance and build quality) smashed into a sedan about the size of the ILX!

LOVE this wood.

There is going to be a lot of lucky kids that get to grow up in one of these back seats.

10/10 recommend and WOULD buy. Acura has done something amazing with the RDX and they can only go up form there.

And to the people who buy the only two and very sad looking base model ILXs, I will pray for you. That damn car is SOOO bad.

***For the record, among the entire selection of MDX, RDX and TLXs, I would say for each models, at least 60% of them each were ASPEC packaged cars. this makes me happy, Acura really does need to push their ASPEC look to help get everyones attention again. Sadly only one TLX with a SH-AWD Aspec. The rest were FWD Advance, v6, or 2.4 Aspecs. $40,000 for a 2.4L Aspec TLX is hilarious when for $6000 more you could get the V6 SH-AWD Aspec.

I just got the RDX-Tech AWD a month ago and agree with some of your areas of concern including the wheels on the Advance. That is one reason why I did not really consider the Advance as I did not find the features to be enough to justify the additional expense. As for the center console/stack, this is probably my favorite feature of the new RDX. I love the sliding armrest that allows you to comfortable rest your hand on the touchpad, and I also like the extra space below the floating center console. My biggest complaint is the city MPG, but as you pointed out, this is really nitpicking for what is a truly wonderful car.

How do you post pictures in here from your phone or computer? I can upload some of my new wheels too!

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0