[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
All-New 2019 Honda Passport Starts Adventure with Global Debut in Los Angeles
More.......................
2019 CR-V goes on sale with few changes, nominal price increase
2019 Honda Civic Type R and Civic Hatchback Accelerate into Dealerships
American Honda Reports October Sales
Honda Rugged Open Air Vehicle Concept Debuts at 2018 SEMA Show
SEMA: Graham Rahal Injects Style, Power and Performance to Custom Acura RDX A-Spec
NSX GT3 Evo To Compete Globally in 2019
2019 Acura ILX Arrives with Dynamic New Styling, Major Technology Upgrades and New A-Spec Treatment
CR-Z --> Re: Honda's Biggest Mistake? Why Now Is The Time To Buy The Misunderstood CR-Z
Join Discussion......
TSX --> Re: TSX Sportwagon - rear washer not squirting
Join Discussion......
RDX --> 2019 Advance Squeaks and Camera Issues
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Hyundai Veloster N starts at $27,785
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 2019 Civic MPG Down
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: 2019 Mazda CX-5 Turbo
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Interview Max Verstappen on F1 and Watches & the new TAG Heuer Verstappen Edition
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2018 Brazilian Grand Prix - Spoilers
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2018 Honda F1 PU
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: CR-V Hybrid
Join Discussion......
IMA/Hybrids --> Re: Check IMA System light is on - what could it mean?
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: Oil Contamination in CRV's and Civic's with the 1.5T
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: 2018 CR-V price experience
Join Discussion......
MDX --> Re: MDX update schedule?
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: 2019 Honda CRV on Honda Canada Website
Join Discussion......
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > RDX > > Re: RDX - Why Espresso Interior with Grey Headliner??

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
vh2k
Profile for vh2k
RDX - Why Espresso Interior with Grey Headliner??    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-15-2018 09:15
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
On the new RDX, why does Acura pair the Espresso (rich brown) interior with a grey headliner and pillars??? Looks awful. They did the same on the TLX -- and it ruins the look of the interior. The nice brown leather seats and light grey pillars/headliner don't complement each other.

The RDX has an available black headliner. If you choose the Espresso interior, you should get the black headliner -- the same way Acura now does it in the RLX.

Even if they don't pair the black headliner, the Parchment headliner would look better than grey one -- as Espresso is in the brown family and Parchment is a tan (light brown, but also in the brown family).

Thoughts?

NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: RDX - Why Espresso Interior with Grey Headliner??    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-15-2018 13:49
In the spirit of Precision Crafted "Performance" all ACURA® headlines should default to black.
TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: RDX - Why Espresso Interior with Grey Headliner??    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-15-2018 14:41
vh2k wrote:
On the new RDX, why does Acura pair the Espresso (rich brown) interior with a grey headliner and pillars??? Looks awful. They did the same on the TLX -- and it ruins the look of the interior. The nice brown leather seats and light grey pillars/headliner don't complement each other.

The RDX has an available black headliner. If you choose the Espresso interior, you should get the black headliner -- the same way Acura now does it in the RLX.

Even if they don't pair the black headliner, the Parchment headliner would look better than grey one -- as Espresso is in the brown family and Parchment is a tan (light brown, but also in the brown family).

Thoughts?

Honestly, I've seen the TLX with the red and the expresso seats and the grey headliner looks fine to me. I would not care for black and the parchment looks better with the cream colored seats.

The Parchment with those expresso/red seats would, again IMHO, clash.

To each his own, I guess.

vh2k
Profile for vh2k
Re: RDX - Why Espresso Interior with Grey Headliner??    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-15-2018 15:05
TonyEX wrote:
vh2k wrote:

Thoughts?

Honestly, I've seen the TLX with the red and the expresso seats and the grey headliner looks fine to me. I would not care for black and the parchment looks better with the cream colored seats.

The Parchment with those expresso/red seats would, again IMHO, clash.

To each his own, I guess.

The TLX with Red interior comes with the black headliner.

Hondatalover
Profile for Hondatalover
Re: RDX - Why Espresso Interior with Grey Headliner??    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-15-2018 22:40
Was looking at that today while getting the TSX serviced.

I thought about it still being grey, but a darker grey (not black) would look best, but black would most definitely work the best.

The light grey gives the cabin a roomier feel but in my opinion it makes it look cheaper. I don't think it really clashes but it definitely doesn't "fit" like you say.

Hondarulez
Profile for Hondarulez
Re: RDX - Why Espresso Interior with Grey Headliner??    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-15-2018 23:04
Mine has espresso interior and I guess it's never been an issue for me. I think this is a subjective and perhaps it would be nice if one can pick the headliner color.

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0