[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Team Honda Research wins ST2 at NASA Nationals with their NC1 NSX
More.......................
Acura releases details on refreshed 2019 ILX
2019 Accord loses EX-L Navi and 1.5T Touring trims
American Honda Reports August Sales Increase as Trucks Smash Previous Records
2019 NSX Debuts in Monterey with Design Updates, Chassis Enhancements and Expanded Color Palette
2019 Civic trim change summary
Honda announces changes for 2019 Civic, including new Sport trim
When is the 2019 Accord arriving in showrooms? Maybe not until 2019
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Toyota wants new Celica or MR2
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Toyota Supra - First Drive
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: C&D Lightning Lap 2018
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2018 Honda F1 PU
Join Discussion......
Photoshops --> Re: Honda URB
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Interesting take on the "Camaro Crisis"
Join Discussion......
CR-Z --> Re: Honda's Biggest Mistake? Why Now Is The Time To Buy The Misunderstood CR-Z
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: All-New Cadillac 2019 XT4
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: First Ford, now Nissan dropping Sedans
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Audi Will Reportedly No Longer Offer Any Manual Transmissions in the U.S.
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Looking at a 2018 Accord Sport!
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: SuperGT - Spoilers
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2019 BMW 8-Series
Join Discussion......
Pilot --> Re: Anybody towing with 9AT Pilot or Odysseys?
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Indycar - Spoilers
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Pilot > > Re: Chevy Prepping Mini-Blazer

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - 1 [2]
Author
  Post New Thread
Rgist85
Profile for Rgist85
Re: Passport spy pics    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-12-2018 12:25
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
This 'passport' is supposed to appeal to a guy like me. No kids, good income, looking for something a bit more upscale with some decent room. Someone who could be perfectly ok with a CR-V but who wants something more upscale.

Most of the "midsize crossovers" in this class are more about style than practicality, especially compared to the bigger midsizers like the Pilot, Acadia, etc. The Murano is more adventurous than the Pathfinder, Edge more edgy than Explorer, etc.

So I hope its not just a chopped Pilot. I am sure that the Pilot is a great vehicle, but I do not care for its styling inside or out. Way too pedestrian looking, way too bland and way too plain interior design wise.

This vehicle should be a standout from other Hondas..something to pull in folks who don't want the dowdy Pilot or the competent but not overly upscale CR-V.

It would be nice if Honda could nail something "edgy" and stylish for once.

From the spy shots, I already expect to be disappointed. LOL

I hope I'm wrong!

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: Passport spy pics    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-12-2018 12:46
HondaForever wrote:
JeffX wrote:
Fishbulb wrote:
I fail to see how one can reach a conclusion that a car can "look boring" when it's completely draped in camo and we haven't a clue about the drivetrain/transmission.

I'm personally very interested in this to replace my odyssey, which is too big for our needs now (as is the pilot), but the CRV being too small (and hate the CVT). Ideally, it would have the 3.5 and the new 10spd, but honda doesn't use this combo, so perhaps 2.0T and 10spd (accord output) would be the best option.. as long as it doesn't use the dreadful 9spd in the pilot, I'll be ok with it.

Anyway, I'll be following this closely. Does anyone know more about the launch date?

Actually, Honda uses this combo in the Odyssey Elite.

With that said, their tuning of the 9AT has come a long way but I'd still rather have the 10AT or even the old 6AT.

Jeff, I don't believe they've used this combination in a 4 WD configuration. Would that be a straightforward application, or does that introduce some added complications that require some additional engineering, which might delay its use in the Passport?

I don't see why it would be a problem. They have 2.0T 10AT with SH-AWD on RDX and the torque levels are roughly equivalent. With that said, at this point I would place slightly better odds on seeing a 2.0T in the Passport.

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: Passport spy pics    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-12-2018 14:28
Rgist85 wrote:
This 'passport' is supposed to appeal to a guy like me. No kids, good income, looking for something a bit more upscale with some decent room. Someone who could be perfectly ok with a CR-V but who wants something more upscale.

Most of the "midsize crossovers" in this class are more about style than practicality, especially compared to the bigger midsizers like the Pilot, Acadia, etc. The Murano is more adventurous than the Pathfinder, Edge more edgy than Explorer, etc.

So I hope its not just a chopped Pilot. I am sure that the Pilot is a great vehicle, but I do not care for its styling inside or out. Way too pedestrian looking, way too bland and way too plain interior design wise.

This vehicle should be a standout from other Hondas..something to pull in folks who don't want the dowdy Pilot or the competent but not overly upscale CR-V.

I hope I'm wrong!

It sounds like the 2019 RDX would be a better fit for what you're seeking? If I'm reading you right, the CR-V has enough room for you but it's not upscale enough? The RDX is similar in size to the CR-V and much more upscale with considerably more performance and enthusiast appeal.

Rgist85
Profile for Rgist85
Re: Passport spy pics    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-12-2018 17:38
JeffX wrote:
Rgist85 wrote:

I hope I'm wrong!

It sounds like the 2019 RDX would be a better fit for what you're seeking? If I'm reading you right, the CR-V has enough room for you but it's not upscale enough? The RDX is similar in size to the CR-V and much more upscale with considerably more performance and enthusiast appeal.

I've looked at the new RDX and honestly its not all that impressive to me style-wise...and with a budget right at 40K...its too expensive.

Its a step in the right direction for Acura though.

incubus
Profile for incubus
Re: Passport spy pics    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-12-2018 21:42
vh2k wrote:
None wrote:
vh2k wrote:
None wrote:
vh2k wrote:
Looks boring. Based on these pics, I would say the Blazer is going to decimate this thing. If the Blazer is out first, forget it.

Blazer is hideous.

Marketplace will ultimately determine that. If you don't think the Blazer looks good, you must also hate the RDX -- as their profiles look like they could be separated at birth. RDX seems to be well received so far.

Blazer is a hideous turd, the RDX is stunning.

Obvious sarcasm or just blatant trolling. That's cool. I still think the Blazer will outsell both the Passport and RDX.

I think they messed up using the Blazer name on that CUV though.

APTL
Profile for APTL
Re: Passport spy pics    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-13-2018 04:30
Rgist85 wrote:
JeffX wrote:
Rgist85 wrote:

I hope I'm wrong!

I've looked at the new RDX and honestly its not all that impressive to me style-wise...and with a budget right at 40K...its too expensive.

Its a step in the right direction for Acura though.

I've sat in but haven't driven the new RDX so I don't know about its performance but I can't imagine it's "considerably more" than a CR-V, at least not for what they're charging. The CR-V drives and handles fine. I'm sure the RDX is better but not THAT much better. I definitely wouldn't say the RDX is "much more upscale". Frankly I don't think it's that luxurious at all, and I think that vertical center stack setup is outdated in an age when everyone else is going with a horizontal layout instead (and don't get me started on the giant mode knob and button shifter in the middle). Frankly I've seen "mainstream" SUVs that seem nicer (the Mazda just to name one).

Finally, slightly off-topic but I don't understand why everyone is wetting themselves with how well the new RDX is selling. If I'm seeing it right, July was only the second full month it's been on sale and it only sold about 250 units more than the old model did the previous July (9%). A brand new model should be selling better than that only 2 months in.

Just my 2 cents but the RDX just doesn't seem like a "luxury" vehicle to me.

None
Profile for None
Re: Passport spy pics    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-13-2018 09:43
What do you consider "luxury"?
APTL
Profile for APTL
Re: Passport spy pics    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-13-2018 10:52
None wrote:

Like I said I think the Mazda CX inside and out is as nice, if not nicer, than the RDX. Probably handles better too, if not quite as refined. The new Volvo XC40 is a car I look at and say now that's a nice car (all the new Volvos are beautiful and luxurious looking to me). When I look at an Audi or a BMW I say that's a nice car. I look at an Acura and say it's nice, but it's not luxurious. Sporty maybe. People always like to point out "but the Acura is thousands and thousands less" - well there's a reason for that, you're getting an Acura. It should cost less. Frankly the new Buicks look more luxurious.

For what Honda is charging for lease rates, you could get any number of nicer cars in my opinion. One guy on Facebook said his lease is $600/month. Sorry but to me that's insane for a really nice CR-V.

Rgist85
Profile for Rgist85
Re: Passport spy pics    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-13-2018 11:46
APTL wrote:
None wrote:

Like I said I think the Mazda CX inside and out is as nice, if not nicer, than the RDX. Probably handles better too, if not quite as refined. The new Volvo XC40 is a car I look at and say now that's a nice car (all the new Volvos are beautiful and luxurious looking to me). When I look at an Audi or a BMW I say that's a nice car. I look at an Acura and say it's nice, but it's not luxurious. Sporty maybe. People always like to point out "but the Acura is thousands and thousands less" - well there's a reason for that, you're getting an Acura. It should cost less. Frankly the new Buicks look more luxurious.

For what Honda is charging for lease rates, you could get any number of nicer cars in my opinion. One guy on Facebook said his lease is $600/month. Sorry but to me that's insane for a really nice CR-V.

Agreed 100 percent.

Fitdad
Profile for Fitdad
Re: Passport spy pics    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-13-2018 13:22
APTL wrote:
None wrote:

I have to say...the Buick comment I find frankly ridiculous. Here is what Car and Driver said about the $40K Buick Regal TourX Interior:

Close inspection reveals evidence of cost cutting, from hard plastics on the dashboard to cheap-looking carpet in the load area. Leather that could pass for vinyl covers the seats in between. The analog gauges and infotainment graphics are far from state of the art.

Again - what do you consider "luxury"? Having personally sat in a $39,000 Cascada convertible at an auto show...holy hell nothing about that interior or that car is "luxurious".

I'm also curious as to why you consider the RDX a "really nice CR-V".

Honda1
Profile for Honda1
Re: Passport spy pics    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-13-2018 13:59
Fitdad wrote:
APTL wrote:
None wrote:

I have to say...the Buick comment I find frankly ridiculous. Here is what Car and Driver said about the $40K Buick Regal TourX Interior:

Close inspection reveals evidence of cost cutting, from hard plastics on the dashboard to cheap-looking carpet in the load area. Leather that could pass for vinyl covers the seats in between. The analog gauges and infotainment graphics are far from state of the art.

Again - what do you consider "luxury"? Having personally sat in a $39,000 Cascada convertible at an auto show...holy hell nothing about that interior or that car is "luxurious".

I'm also curious as to why you consider the RDX a "really nice CR-V".

I'm aware of one positive RDX review where the reviewer said that the CX-5 has a better paint quality.

None
Profile for None
Re: Passport spy pics    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-13-2018 14:05
APTL wrote:
None wrote:

LOL

99SI
Profile for 99SI
Re: Passport spy pics    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-13-2018 16:28
If he was stupid enough to sign a lease contract at $600 a month then let him have at it... You can finance 35k for 5 years at that payment.
vh2k
Profile for vh2k
Chevy Prepping Mini-Blazer    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-14-2018 09:01
http://gmauthority.com/blog/2018/08/next-chevy-trax-spied-testing-at-milford-proving-grounds-photo-gallery/

All the early indications are the styling of the new Blazer is a home run. Now, they are prepping the Trax to follow suit. Smart move.

NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: Chevy Prepping Mini-Blazer    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-14-2018 09:27
vh2k wrote:
http://gmauthority.com/blog/2018/08/next-chevy-trax-spied-testing-at-milford-proving-grounds-photo-gallery/

All the early indications are the styling of the new Blazer is a home run. Now, they are prepping the Trax to follow suit. Smart move.

I does look like there's something modern hiding under there.

incubus
Profile for incubus
Re: Passport spy pics    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-14-2018 13:31
APTL wrote:
None wrote:

Yeah, but none of that is the case. A CX-7 doesnít handle better than an RDX with SHAWD which at $600/mo is likely what you are talking about. Itís also a different chassis, it shares virtually nothing in common with a CR-V. A new Buick to you may look more luxurious, but it still uses the cheap GM abuts through out the interior that let you know when you get in it, this is still just a GM.
Also, an anecdote of one guy paying $600/mo isnít evidence, itís just an anecdote. That guy could have horrible credit or might not have put anything down. The majority of people arenít apending $600/mo. From every single review, weíve seen that the RDX is the nicest thing they have build quality wise (Sans NSX obvi.) so maybe try it out before panning it.

None
Profile for None
Re: Chevy Prepping Mini-Blazer    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-14-2018 18:14
vh2k wrote:

You do know this is NOT a GM Fleet car sales forum. Don't you?

JimmyEats
Profile for JimmyEats
Re: Chevy Prepping Mini-Blazer    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-14-2018 18:31
Do we expect a hybrid mini-blazer?

Thread Page - 1 [2]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0