[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
2019 Honda Civic Type R and Civic Hatchback Accelerate into Dealerships
More.......................
American Honda Reports October Sales
Honda Rugged Open Air Vehicle Concept Debuts at 2018 SEMA Show
SEMA: Graham Rahal Injects Style, Power and Performance to Custom Acura RDX A-Spec
NSX GT3 Evo To Compete Globally in 2019
2019 Acura ILX Arrives with Dynamic New Styling, Major Technology Upgrades and New A-Spec Treatment
Honda Joins with Cruise and General Motors to Build New Autonomous Vehicle
Honda reports September 2018 sales numbers
Repair and Maintenance --> Re: 06 odessy spark plug tube leak
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: Oil Contamination in CRV's and Civic's with the 1.5T
Join Discussion......
Odyssey --> Valve adjustment needed?
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Hydrogen Power coming back into focus?
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2018 Brazilian Grand Prix - Spoilers
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
CR-Z --> Re: Honda's Biggest Mistake? Why Now Is The Time To Buy The Misunderstood CR-Z
Join Discussion......
Honda Motorcycles --> Re: Honda's Hawk: LSR-Attempt Bike
Join Discussion......
Honda Power Equipment --> Re: Considering a Honda mower
Join Discussion......
Photoshops --> Re: 2022 TLX FR plank
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2018 Super GT - spoiler
Join Discussion......
MDX --> Roof rails and cross bars installed -- MDX
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Politician's cars
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: My TLX so far
Join Discussion......
Accord --> 2019 Accord Release Info
Join Discussion......
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > General Talk > > Re: Navigation and Subtle Aromatherapy

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Navigation and Subtle Aromatherapy    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-12-2018 01:54
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
So I was driving the 2000 Accord to the car wash this evening and realized that the car has some pretty advanced features often found in more expensive cars. Not only does it have a compass for navigation, it also has a subtle aromatherapy via the febreze car vent clip.
:)

NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: Navigation and Subtle Aromatherapy    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-12-2018 08:05
At first I thought that was a spy photo of the new RLX interior.
HondaForever
Profile for HondaForever
Re: Navigation and Subtle Aromatherapy    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-12-2018 15:15
Ah, but do you have the hot stone massage?

"And if the aromatherapy feature isn't enough, the new S-class comes with a hot stone massage feature in the seats, too."

https://www.allure.com/story/the-new-meaning-of-new-car-smell-mercedes-benz

qingcong
Profile for qingcong
Re: Navigation and Subtle Aromatherapy    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-12-2018 22:55
Those things smell awful. They leave your clothes and hair smelling like disgusting rotten perfume.
superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: Navigation and Subtle Aromatherapy    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-12-2018 23:55
qingcong wrote:
Those things smell awful. They leave your clothes and hair smelling like disgusting rotten perfume.

Actually, it's a Febreze scent. Pretty popular smell around the house.

KyDave95
Profile for KyDave95
Re: Navigation and Subtle Aromatherapy    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-13-2018 00:20
Ah, the wonderful simplicity of the interior design! I had a 2001 Accord LX in silver, so I know that interior well. I put nearly 80,000 miles on it in about 3 years or so, then traded it in for a 2004 Accord EX-L V6. The 2001 Accord was my first Honda product... :)
qingcong
Profile for qingcong
Re: Navigation and Subtle Aromatherapy    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-13-2018 10:57
superchg2 wrote:

Yes I am very familiar with those little scent things, I carpooled with a guy who used one. Once they age that smell gets overwhelming in a bad way. Nauseating is the word to describe it.

HondaForever
Profile for HondaForever
Re: Navigation and Subtle Aromatherapy    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-13-2018 11:14
KyDave95 wrote:
Ah, the wonderful simplicity of the interior design! I had a 2001 Accord LX in silver, so I know that interior well. I put nearly 80,000 miles on it in about 3 years or so, then traded it in for a 2004 Accord EX-L V6. The 2001 Accord was my first Honda product... :)

Sorry, young man :-).

You missed out on the best of the Accord models. The '85 refresh was in my opinion the best of the lot. It was how I was won over to Honda. Prior to that it was GM, but after a disastrous encounter with one of their X-cars (remember those POS), I was in the market for something more reliable. I had heard that the Japanese were making very reliable cars and so it was a choice between the '85 Camry and the '85 Accord. I thought the style of the Accord was slightly better so I went for that. I have never looked back since.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Navigation and Subtle Aromatherapy    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-13-2018 13:34
HondaForever wrote:
KyDave95 wrote:

You missed out on the best of the Accord models. The '85 refresh was in my opinion the best of the lot. It was how I was won over to Honda. Prior to that it was GM, but after a disastrous encounter with one of their X-cars (remember those POS), I was in the market for something more reliable. I had heard that the Japanese were making very reliable cars and so it was a choice between the '85 Camry and the '85 Accord. I thought the style of the Accord was slightly better so I went for that. I have never looked back since.

I wanted an 86 LXi 5MT sedan but the dealer would not budge... He wanted $16.5K plus tax and registration (this included the $2000 dealer markup, which was stated on the bill... take it or leave it).

So I waited until the Integra came in, got one for $14.5K (including AC). AHM wanted to put the cars on the street so the very early adopters were very well treated.

Better (DOHC) engine, a little bit smaller, five doors and both had pop up headlights.

KyDave95
Profile for KyDave95
Re: Navigation and Subtle Aromatherapy    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-13-2018 16:39
HondaForever wrote:

Oh, the first car I ever wanted was an early 80s Accord! I was probably 17 at the time, and a lady had a used Accord for sale. I can't remember the exact model year, but it was love at first drive. lol But I needed help at the time to buy it, and mom didn't really like it... Based on how much I loved that early 80s Accord, I often wonder why it took me so long to finally purchase my first Honda... :)

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: Navigation and Subtle Aromatherapy    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-13-2018 19:20
KyDave95 wrote:
HondaForever wrote:

Oh, the first car I ever wanted was an early 80s Accord! I was probably 17 at the time, and a lady had a used Accord for sale. I can't remember the exact model year, but it was love at first drive. lol But I needed help at the time to buy it, and mom didn't really like it... Based on how much I loved that early 80s Accord, I often wonder why it took me so long to finally purchase my first Honda... :)

My first Honda was a 1984 Civic S and it took 4 months to arrive. The fine workmanship of those inexpensive little Honda's was a revelation compared to the low priced American cars at that time.

silverTL61
Profile for silverTL61
Re: Navigation and Subtle Aromatherapy    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-14-2018 06:01
qingcong wrote:
superchg2 wrote:

Yes I am very familiar with those little scent things, I carpooled with a guy who used one. Once they age that smell gets overwhelming in a bad way. Nauseating is the word to describe it.

+1 The only smell fit for a car is the new car smell, anything else including that greasy stuff detailers like to put all over the interior might as well be puke.

KyDave95
Profile for KyDave95
Re: Navigation and Subtle Aromatherapy    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-15-2018 00:30
superchg2 wrote:
KyDave95 wrote:
HondaForever wrote:

My first Honda was a 1984 Civic S and it took 4 months to arrive. The fine workmanship of those inexpensive little Honda's was a revelation compared to the low priced American cars at that time.

Yep, I had a similar reaction to seeing and driving that used Accord for the first time. Granted, my vehicle experience at the time was extremely limited, but I was still blown away by the smoothness of the Accord. I specifically remember that I thought the instrument cluster was very cool, and I loved how light the steering effort was at low speed. I think the car I had been driving before that might not have had power steering, so that probably explains why I liked the latter so much! lol

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0