[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Team Honda Research wins ST2 at NASA Nationals with their NC1 NSX
More.......................
Acura releases details on refreshed 2019 ILX
2019 Accord loses EX-L Navi and 1.5T Touring trims
American Honda Reports August Sales Increase as Trucks Smash Previous Records
2019 NSX Debuts in Monterey with Design Updates, Chassis Enhancements and Expanded Color Palette
2019 Civic trim change summary
Honda announces changes for 2019 Civic, including new Sport trim
When is the 2019 Accord arriving in showrooms? Maybe not until 2019
General Talk --> Re: All-New Cadillac 2019 XT4
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: First Ford, now Nissan dropping Sedans
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Interesting take on the "Camaro Crisis"
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Looking at a 2018 Accord Sport!
Join Discussion......
ILX --> Re: 2019 video with Jon Ikeda
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Custom Subwoofer Enclosure
Join Discussion......
CR-Z --> Re: Honda's Biggest Mistake? Why Now Is The Time To Buy The Misunderstood CR-Z
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Indycar - Spoilers
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 1993 6 sp Acura Legend Coupe
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Something I've always wondered about batteries in hybrids
Join Discussion......
Sales Experiences --> Re: Questions regarding: lease, then buy option
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> North American Vehicle Semifinalists
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2018 Singapore Grand Prix - Spoilers
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: More neat links on H2 status
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Hurricane Florence NC SC
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Clarity > > Re: Clarity PHEV Owner

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - 1 [2]
Author
  Post New Thread
GoFaster
Profile for GoFaster
Re: Clarity PHEV Owner    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-09-2018 14:24
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
4,200+ miles and filled up gas tank once so far. I think I have used about 9 gallons of gasoline total.

A-pillar cover driver side was rattling. Looks like not really installed flush into the dashboard like the other side. I pressed it and is mostly silent now. Benefit of my first lease is I don't care enough to spend the time fixing their car.

Radio presets have returned to the default 3 times. Looked a bit online and no one really knows why, but there are others with same issue. One person says radio module (not the screen itself) which is in the back of the car was changed on his car and it solved it (think it was a CR-V). Beats me. I also had issue with XM not letting me go to anything but the presets. Found some convoluted setting online to get the ability to go to non-presets. XM is now expired.

I really like the car though. Not only is car pool saving me time on freeway, but its more relaxing driving trunk to tail elephant style. Not hitting the guy in front of me is the only concern. Self driving is frightening, with the car controlling braking, acceleration and steering. LA freeways too crowded to get used to thinking the car WILL STOP on its own. Its more stressful than just driving myself.
Looking forward to future cars chauffeuring me, so I have time to reset the presets on the radio.

Twiz
Profile for Twiz
Re: Clarity PHEV Owner    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-10-2018 15:23
GoFaster wrote:
4,200+ miles and filled up gas tank once so far. I think I have used about 9 gallons of gasoline total.

A-pillar cover driver side was rattling. Looks like not really installed flush into the dashboard like the other side. I pressed it and is mostly silent now. Benefit of my first lease is I don't care enough to spend the time fixing their car.

Radio presets have returned to the default 3 times. Looked a bit online and no one really knows why, but there are others with same issue. One person says radio module (not the screen itself) which is in the back of the car was changed on his car and it solved it (think it was a CR-V). Beats me. I also had issue with XM not letting me go to anything but the presets. Found some convoluted setting online to get the ability to go to non-presets. XM is now expired.

I really like the car though. Not only is car pool saving me time on freeway, but its more relaxing driving trunk to tail elephant style. Not hitting the guy in front of me is the only concern. Self driving is frightening, with the car controlling braking, acceleration and steering. LA freeways too crowded to get used to thinking the car WILL STOP on its own. Its more stressful than just driving myself.
Looking forward to future cars chauffeuring me, so I have time to reset the presets on the radio.

I bought my Clarity PHEV exactly two weeks ago.. been back to the dealership twice already. The rattle as you were discribing, for my car and lots of others on the Clarity fourm is the tweeter speakers on the A-pillar. They were able to fix that on the first visit. My other issue is the constant wind / howling noise coming from the passenger side small A-pillar window. They said they fixed it the first time but it was not. Had to bring it back for the second time, they've kept my car for 2 days on each visit.

Had to fight for a free loaner car, as supposedly Honda only offer shuttle service unless they keep your car for more than 2 days. That's one thing I miss about Acura, you get free loaner car on any service/warranty work.

4,200+ miles on 1 tank, that's pretty impressive. I'm at 425 miles and used a little more than 1/4 of a tank.. the dealership used most of it because of the testing for the rattle and wind noise.. they delpeted the battery and used my gas.. I told them to charge it instead of using the gas but they were clueless as to where the 220v charger was on the premises.

Overall, I really like the car, my current loaner is a 2017 Accord V6 Touring, it's nice but I like the Clarity more. Can't wait to get my car back..I'm alittle shocked by the quality of a Japanese built Honda, my Japanese built RL never had any squeak or rattle issues...

Twiz
Profile for Twiz
Re: Clarity PHEV Owner    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-10-2018 15:38
Oh on EV mode, I think the EPA/Honda underestimated the battery range at 47. I've been average about 56 Miles per charge, best was 61 miles.

I charge at work for free on the 110v outlet, when I have meetings at the airport security office, they have a 220v chargepoint for free. Meeting are usually an hour long so I get about 20 miles for free each time I go over there.

GoFaster
Profile for GoFaster
Re: Clarity PHEV Owner    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-10-2018 18:01
Driving electric is so smooth that it is possible I will always have some electrification in my cars from now on. I get in an ICE and it seems so unrefined. It must be the feeling people had with 1950s cars and then jumping into someone's Model A. Yeah, its a car but all of that noise and harshness make it feel so backwards.

I am not talking about saving polar bears, just the actual feel of electric is enjoyable. The most surprising upside to the Clarity is how well tuned the low speed parking lot boosted steering is compared to the freeway tighter feel. It couldn't be a better best of both worlds. Maybe not so special to people that drive a lot of cars, but for me cars where either HEAVY steering or sloppy steering. This is new to me.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Clarity PHEV Owner    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-13-2018 18:43
GoFaster wrote:
Driving electric is so smooth that it is possible I will always have some electrification in my cars from now on. I get in an ICE and it seems so unrefined. It must be the feeling people had with 1950s cars and then jumping into someone's Model A. Yeah, its a car but all of that noise and harshness make it feel so backwards.

I am not talking about saving polar bears, just the actual feel of electric is enjoyable. The most surprising upside to the Clarity is how well tuned the low speed parking lot boosted steering is compared to the freeway tighter feel. It couldn't be a better best of both worlds. Maybe not so special to people that drive a lot of cars, but for me cars where either HEAVY steering or sloppy steering. This is new to me.

YES!!!

Once you've driven a car with an reasonably sized electric motor driving the wheels it's really hard to come back to an ICE with a transmission.

I've gotten cloberred in these forums by people who keep telling me that their Honda V6 are far more powerful, yaddah, yaddah... but they won't get at the wheel of a Honda EV car and give it a try.

The immediate throttle response and deep down torque are very addicting.. there is a FLUIDITY of drive that is amazing.

This goes for all Honda EV cars, the iMMD cars, the PHEV (iMMD), the BEV and FCEV.

However, only the last two go the last mile and (*) offer you that complete isolation from vibration of the ICE. It's really amazing to cruise at 80 mph in such a quiet cabin.

And, watch out, because if you give it too much power off the line pulling out of a parking lot, the inside front tire will start to slip...

Oh yeah... it's funny over at Green Car Reports, because I don't really give a hoot about saving polar bears and my attitude towards Global Warming.... I just like HOW IT DRIVES..

BTW, you ought to see if you can find someone who'll let your drive a Tesla X or S. Those things have awesome power (and crappy ergonomics).

(*) OK, the PHEV will do it too but for less range.

Thread Page - 1 [2]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0