[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Team Honda Research wins ST2 at NASA Nationals with their NC1 NSX
More.......................
Acura releases details on refreshed 2019 ILX
2019 Accord loses EX-L Navi and 1.5T Touring trims
American Honda Reports August Sales Increase as Trucks Smash Previous Records
2019 NSX Debuts in Monterey with Design Updates, Chassis Enhancements and Expanded Color Palette
2019 Civic trim change summary
Honda announces changes for 2019 Civic, including new Sport trim
When is the 2019 Accord arriving in showrooms? Maybe not until 2019
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Interesting take on the "Camaro Crisis"
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: All-New Cadillac 2019 XT4
Join Discussion......
Pilot --> Anybody towing with 9AT Pilot or Odysseys?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: First Ford, now Nissan dropping Sedans
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Looking at a 2018 Accord Sport!
Join Discussion......
ILX --> Re: 2019 video with Jon Ikeda
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Custom Subwoofer Enclosure
Join Discussion......
CR-Z --> Re: Honda's Biggest Mistake? Why Now Is The Time To Buy The Misunderstood CR-Z
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Indycar - Spoilers
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 1993 6 sp Acura Legend Coupe
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Something I've always wondered about batteries in hybrids
Join Discussion......
Sales Experiences --> Re: Questions regarding: lease, then buy option
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> North American Vehicle Semifinalists
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2018 Singapore Grand Prix - Spoilers
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: More neat links on H2 status
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > HR-V/Vezel > > Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
Vxtec
Profile for Vxtec
European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-13-2018 11:44
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
FYI:

https://www.motor1.com/news/262124/2019-honda-hr-v-europe/

Therefore, not yet for the NA or Australia-Asia regions (in the updated generation) - however, Europe does get it!

sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-13-2018 17:49
Other than the stupid chrome probiscus (Acura beak anyone?) I like the styling changes. Good to see they're dropping the styling cues of having huge, oddly shaped tail lights, even if it's only by having smoked glass over the awkward bits to minimise their bulk and shape - a la the Insight's rear lenses.

But I can't believe they're not bringing the 1.5T to Australia right now, I'm sure it and the diesel would make it even more popular down here. Hell I'd consider one myself.

Vxtec
Profile for Vxtec
Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-14-2018 04:05
sadlerau wrote:

But I can't believe they're not bringing the 1.5T to Australia right now, I'm sure it and the diesel would make it even more popular down here. Hell I'd consider one myself.

Most likely the 1.5T will be available with the next generation - still a few years away. As for the diesel engine, even VW is dropping them in their Golfs offered in Australia, it seems after the dieselgate scandal their becoming much less popular (even in the European market).

danielgr
Profile for danielgr
Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-14-2018 09:20
sadlerau wrote:
Other than the stupid chrome probiscus (Acura beak anyone?) I like the styling changes. Good to see they're dropping the styling cues of having huge, oddly shaped tail lights, even if it's only by having smoked glass over the awkward bits to minimise their bulk and shape - a la the Insight's rear lenses.

Agreed. Honda Japan seems like they really don't know what to do with the front of thei cars anymore...

It's like they are trying so hard, too hard.
This MMC ain't an improvement over the pre-MMC, which is a shame because the basis for the HR-V/Vezzel remains a very attractive one. The CH-R looks so much better and fresh nowadays, even if it's true that's a car they seem to have sacrificed everything for the sake of styling (wouldn't own it).

sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-14-2018 21:34
I've been saying for years that Honda's designers seem to be trying too hard to look that little bit distinctive, and failing miserably.

I find it funny that the CH-R copies one of my least favourite Honda Civic details - the rear tail light cluster, and manages to make it look so much better. :(

Vxtec
Profile for Vxtec
Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-14-2018 23:33
I would rather see Honda designers experimenting, as well as, challenge and playing with us regarding style with each new model...

and I believe Soichiro Honda also preferred 'uniqueness' (with the range of models released during his tenure) than...

the staleness in style that's become the norm with most vehicle manufacturers, ala - Mercedes, BMW, Audi, VW, Mazda, Ford... just to name a few!

Keep doing what you are doing Honda and always challenge the status quo! Right On! Power of Dreams! You betcha!

Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-15-2018 05:24
sadlerau wrote:
I've been saying for years that Honda's designers seem to be trying too hard to look that little bit distinctive, and failing miserably.

I find it funny that the CH-R copies one of my least favourite Honda Civic details - the rear tail light cluster, and manages to make it look so much better. :(

I do wonder if the Urban might pave the way for a distinctive, ultra-clean style. Sort of like VWs or the Chevy Camaro, of all things.

sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-15-2018 08:51
The Urban is cute, but how will it translate onto bigger bodies, let alone suffering the butchering past Honda showcars have received on their journey to a showroom.
None
Profile for None
Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-15-2018 09:00
The Everus in China is a good looking version of the HR-V. So is the XR-V.

I was hoping the mid model refresh would have been more like the XR-V.

Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-15-2018 15:06
sadlerau wrote:
The Urban is cute, but how will it translate onto bigger bodies, let alone suffering the butchering past Honda showcars have received on their journey to a showroom.

I'd say MINI is a good example of how NOT to do it - looks like they over-inflated the bigger ones.

Vxtec
Profile for Vxtec
Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-17-2018 00:43
None wrote:
The Everus in China is a good looking version of the HR-V. So is the XR-V.

I was hoping the mid model refresh would have been more like the XR-V.

Personally, I prefer the updated HRV than the Everus or XR-V. Nevertheless, I am looking forward to the next generation HRV coming in a few years time.

Restless
Profile for Restless
Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-17-2018 07:51
1.5T comes 4 years later than needed.
Ugly. Looks like pokemon on wheels.
It won't sell well in Europe.
can't they hire some designers from Audi or Skoda?

BG
Profile for BG
Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-17-2018 09:36
Nick GravesX wrote:
sadlerau wrote:

I'd say MINI is a good example of how NOT to do it - looks like they over-inflated the bigger ones.

The EV Coupe Concept looks to have adapted to the styling well enough, i can imagine a Citroenesque feel to a bigger hatchback version, though i'd love to see an artist impression of a mid size saloon.

Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-17-2018 13:10
BG wrote:
Nick GravesX wrote:
sadlerau wrote:

The EV Coupe Concept looks to have adapted to the styling well enough, i can imagine a Citroenesque feel to a bigger hatchback version, though i'd love to see an artist impression of a mid size saloon.

Well, it's how well it'd translate to a CUV that's important these days.

But the Coupe is an indication of how the theme can be developed - even if it was less well-received than the Urban.

I wonder is sedans will give way to hatchbacks, as they did in the 1970s? Peugeot are betting that with the new 508.

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0