[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
NSX GT3 Evo To Compete Globally in 2019
More.......................
2019 Acura ILX Arrives with Dynamic New Styling, Major Technology Upgrades and New A-Spec Treatment
Honda Joins with Cruise and General Motors to Build New Autonomous Vehicle
Honda reports September 2018 sales numbers
Honda recalling 232,000 2018 Accords and 2019 Insights for rear camera software update
2019 Accord arriving in showrooms by November
Is a base trim of the Civic Type R finally arriving for MY 2019? (More MY2019 info inside)
Team Honda Research wins ST2 at NASA Nationals with their NC1 NSX
Type R --> Re: Top Gear: Here's what seven months living with a Honda Civic Type R is like
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: European CO2 madness and why electromobility is pointless
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: CR-V Hybrid 4wd iMMD
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Tesla’s "Full Self Driving" Scam coming to light
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: The Dirt on Clean Electric Cars
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2018 United States Grand Prix
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: Oil Contamination in CRV's and Civic's with the 1.5T (And 2.0 CTR)
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> Re: Honda to bring mystery off-road truck to 2018 SEMA
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2019/2020 Honda FR GT500
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> evo's best Japanese cars, 5 new, 5 old
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: 02 Accord V6 EX Coupe Stalling!
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: "2019 Toyota Supra Is a BMW Parts Bin Car"
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: DMV Stickers, we don't need no stinking stickers
Join Discussion......
Clarity --> Re: Clarity PHEV Owner
Join Discussion......
Amateur Racing & Driving --> Re: TSX @ NCCAR Apexfest
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Professional Motorsports > > Re: F1 - 2018 German Grand Prix - Race Spoilers

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - 1 [2] 3 4
Author
  Post New Thread
Vxtec
Profile for Vxtec
Re: F1 - 2018 German Grand Prix - Race Spoilers    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-22-2018 10:22
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Vettel has crashed!
Vxtec
Profile for Vxtec
Re: F1 - 2018 German Grand Prix - Race Spoilers    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-22-2018 10:25
… and Hamilton leads!
Vxtec
Profile for Vxtec
Re: F1 - 2018 German Grand Prix - Race Spoilers    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-22-2018 10:29
Dramas happening all over the place...

and Vettel... expletives, expletive, expletives... is not a happy chappie!

Profile for 400K
Re: F1 - 2018 German Grand Prix - Race Spoilers    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-22-2018 10:32
Feeling sorry for Gasly. Bad gamble the Wets.
Grace141
Profile for Grace141
Re: F1 - 2018 German Grand Prix - Race Spoilers    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-22-2018 10:32
So Vettel stuffs it up at about half-speed, both Williams cars break down under the resulting safety car, and Alonso somehow loses out terribly with all of the rain chaos. Who says F1 is boring?
Vxtec
Profile for Vxtec
Re: F1 - 2018 German Grand Prix - Race Spoilers    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-22-2018 10:35
Grace141 wrote:
So Vettel stuffs it up at about half-speed, both Williams cars break down under the resulting safety car, and Alonso somehow loses out terribly with all of the rain chaos. Who says F1 is boring?

Not when all this stuff happens!

Profile for 400K
Re: F1 - 2018 German Grand Prix - Race Spoilers    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-22-2018 10:35
Hartley in 9th, but two faster cars behind him. Normally it will end 11th.

Lets see.

Vxtec
Profile for Vxtec
Re: F1 - 2018 German Grand Prix - Race Spoilers    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-22-2018 10:36
Come on Hartley lets get some points!
Vxtec
Profile for Vxtec
Re: F1 - 2018 German Grand Prix - Race Spoilers    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-22-2018 10:40
Unfortunately, one place lost already for Hartley, Grosjean overtakes him...
Profile for 400K
Re: F1 - 2018 German Grand Prix - Race Spoilers    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-22-2018 10:43
Seems it will at 12 position :( Sainz if front has a time penalty, so ... 11 position. What a pitty.

Let's see..

Vxtec
Profile for Vxtec
Re: F1 - 2018 German Grand Prix - Race Spoilers    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-22-2018 10:44
... and now Hartley looses another spot, provisionally out of the points, with Sainz passing him however, Sainz has a 10 second penalty for passing under the safety car.

Come on push Brendon, push...

Profile for 400K
Re: F1 - 2018 German Grand Prix - Race Spoilers    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-22-2018 10:48
I was wrong, only one car managed to pass HAR, one point for him. AT LAST!
Vxtec
Profile for Vxtec
Re: F1 - 2018 German Grand Prix - Race Spoilers    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-22-2018 10:49
… and Hamilton wins the German GP and retakes the Driver's Championship lead! Congratulations!

and Hartley scores another point for Toro Rosso-Honda! Congratulations! Woohooooooooo!

Profile for 400K
Re: F1 - 2018 German Grand Prix - Race Spoilers    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-22-2018 10:50
I was wrong. Only one managed to pass HAR. One point for him. At last!
Grace141
Profile for Grace141
Re: F1 - 2018 German Grand Prix - Race Spoilers    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-22-2018 10:55
I see the positive for TR being Hartley finished the race just 34 seconds off the leader. TR completely botched Gasley's race. It would be interesting to hear of the PU bits TR and Honda decided to test for this race or have ready for the next race.

I have to give my Driver of the Day to Hamilton. He kept his head down, he kept his car pointed in the right direction in the rain, and he kept his cool when his team couldn't decide if he should pit or stay out. I thought Grosjean drove a solid race what with the tire problems Haas had at the start.

Vxtec
Profile for Vxtec
Re: F1 - 2018 German Grand Prix - Race Spoilers    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-22-2018 10:56
… and a 'What If' comment...

If Gasly did not gamble on wets we might have seen more points for STR team! Oh well!

Nevertheless, I am so pleased for Hartley! He deserves that point after all the rotten luck he has had in the first half of the season!

sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: F1 - 2018 German Grand Prix - Race Spoilers    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-22-2018 10:57
Interesting race. :)
Vxtec
Profile for Vxtec
Re: F1 - 2018 German Grand Prix - Race Spoilers    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-22-2018 11:01
Grace141 wrote:
I see the positive for TR being Hartley finished the race just 34 seconds off the leader. TR completely botched Gasley's race. It would be interesting to hear of the PU bits TR and Honda decided to test for this race or have ready for the next race.

I have to give my Driver of the Day to Hamilton. He kept his head down, he kept his car pointed in the right direction in the rain, and he kept his cool when his team couldn't decide if he should pit or stay out. I thought Grosjean drove a solid race what with the tire problems Haas had at the start.

I agree with all those comments.

Looking forward to the Hungarian GP next weekend...

Go Toro Rosso-Honda! Go! Go! Go!

Grace141
Profile for Grace141
Re: F1 - 2018 German Grand Prix - Race Spoilers    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-22-2018 11:14
sadlerau wrote:

Right. DR gets a new Renault for today and it still breaks down on him. Shades of the Renault cars we saw here in the US in the '70s!

gofast182
Profile for gofast182
Re: F1 - 2018 German Grand Prix - Race Spoilers    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-22-2018 12:06
I was bummed to see VET crash out and HAM win, by 2018 I'm ready to see Merc. de-throned. With that said, between HAM's driving and the team's strategy calls it was absolutely brilliant execution, so credit where credit is due.

I was also bummed for RIC who was slowly but surely moving through the field with a new power unit. Even though most of us knew this, it's more apparent that Red Bull has nothing to lose by abandoning Renault.

Nice to see HAR pick up a point. I was watching the gap to MAG closely during those last few laps and it became apparent to me that HAR was using an engine mode the team have not been using much because he was able to hold off a very fast Haas. They must know of a reliability risk they can only correct with the next iteration which is why they seem to be running de-tuned a majority of the time.

Speaking of Haas, MAG was driving a flawless race until he got caught out on a slick track. GRO started poorly but put together a scrappy drive that rewarded him and the team with a nice points-paying finish.

zekohonda
Profile for zekohonda
Re: F1 - 2018 German Grand Prix - Race Spoilers    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-22-2018 12:48
positives: interesting race, point for hartley, sell out hockenheim after many years
negatives: team orders in top two teams (expected, but i hate them), stewards regarding ham+s crossing the pitline. they managed to punish sainz during the race, but failed to investigate ham during the race, failed to investigate ham immmediatly after the race, but now after ceremony is over investigation is open...once again I must use bad language: fuck off, charlie!!!!

regarding the rain...unfortutante for gasly, but hartley would not be in points without it...
and after the race it was proper downpour, same as in paul ricard.

Profile for 400K
Re: F1 - 2018 German Grand Prix - Race Spoilers    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-22-2018 16:14
Grace141 wrote:
I see the positive for TR being Hartley finished the race just 34 seconds off the leader.

Not really. This is because of the Safety Car. LAP 48 with ene pit for HAR and front-runners: ~100secs behind. Lap 51 one lap down. TR was very lucky today with points. But HAR deserves some luck :p

Driver of the day, two people: RAI and BOT, they stoped fighting like soldiers. I don't like team orders. This is not sportive.

GAS was 16 sec's ahead of VAN after that he put the wets. After some laps: 80 secs behind. Almost two minutes lost on track! Count also the pits: disaster for GAS. Really sorry for him. Very bad call.

sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: F1 - 2018 German Grand Prix - Race Spoilers    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-22-2018 18:01
zekohonda wrote:
positives: interesting race, point for hartley, sell out hockenheim after many years
negatives: team orders in top two teams (expected, but i hate them), stewards regarding ham+s crossing the pitline. they managed to punish sainz during the race, but failed to investigate ham during the race, failed to investigate ham immmediatly after the race, but now after ceremony is over investigation is open...once again I must use bad language: fuck off, charlie!!!!

regarding the rain...unfortutante for gasly, but hartley would not be in points without it...
and after the race it was proper downpour, same as in paul ricard.

Tell me what regulation Hamilton broke or contravened? They called him up to answer to a "possible" contravention of the Sporting Code! What he was being accused of was a dangerous re-entry onto the race track for fuck sakes. If they had pinged him for that, they'd have to start pinging every driver who runs off the road and re-enters without backing off and having a good look at on-coming traffic!

As for Torro Rosso putting FULL Wets on Gasly......I'm utterly speechless at such ignorance of the track conditions. WTF??

bigblue
Profile for bigblue
Re: F1 - 2018 German Grand Prix - Race Spoilers    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-22-2018 18:27
It was raining pretty hard by the time they were on the podium, just not when Gasly had full wets :-(
sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: F1 - 2018 German Grand Prix - Race Spoilers    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-22-2018 18:42
bigblue wrote:
It was raining pretty hard by the time they were on the podium, just not when Gasly had full wets :-(

Maybe the Torro Rosso strategists were in a time-warp? :)

sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: F1 - 2018 German Grand Prix - Race Spoilers    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-22-2018 18:49
Grace141 wrote:
sadlerau wrote:

Right. DR gets a new Renault for today and it still breaks down on him. Shades of the Renault cars we saw here in the US in the '70s!

You can understand Ricciardo's desperation to find a ride that doesn't have a Renault or Honda in it's arse! :)

Vxtec
Profile for Vxtec
Re: F1 - 2018 German Grand Prix - Race Spoilers    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-23-2018 01:46
sadlerau wrote:
Grace141 wrote:
sadlerau wrote:

You can understand Ricciardo's desperation to find a ride that doesn't have a Renault or Honda in it's arse! :)

Thinking cynically and negative, negative... and negative again ???

IF I was a current 'top' F1 driver and had the opportunity to go to Mercedes or Ferrari (or even Renault), considering many things (and dismissing the prestige and egoism), I would choose not to go there... their future competitiveness will most likely go missing/haywire sooner rather than later... for the Red Bull teams powered by Honda the trajectory, with hard work, is 'only' upwards and with that comes great satisfaction for the drivers, teams and their loyal fans! Yeah! It's not a statement of naivety or being delusional or very distant from reality… just a strong belief based on many things. Looking forward to the next 'several' seasons and the successes coming their way. Awesome!

zekohonda
Profile for zekohonda
Re: F1 - 2018 German Grand Prix - Race Spoilers    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-23-2018 02:46
@sadlerau

sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: F1 - 2018 German Grand Prix - Race Spoilers    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-23-2018 05:47
Well that will teach me to write before I research eh zekohonda?

I my defence, Autosport only mentioned the idea of a "dangerous track re-entry" in relation to the Sporting Code, which in hindsight I should have known better, as today's internet authors, even for once respected publications leave a lot to be desired.....

But the case remains, and obviously accepted by the Stewards of the Meeting, that he didn't endanger anyone in the maneuver and thus only deserved a rap on the knuckles. I'm no Hamiltoon fan, but anything more would have been a travesty!

zekohonda
Profile for zekohonda
Re: F1 - 2018 German Grand Prix - Race Spoilers    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-23-2018 08:14
@sadlerau
i am not on this site for almost 20 years to be right and to someone else prove wrong. ;)
i am just dissapointed (again) with stewards decesions and their incostitency.
and worried about str honda current form.

Thread Page - 1 [2] 3 4
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0