[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
American Honda Reports November Sales
More.......................
2019 Honda Passport Makes World Debut: Adventure-Ready All-New 5-passenger SUV at 2018 LA Auto Show
LIVE from Los Angeles: TOV's coverage of the 2019 Honda Passport reveal
First Look: DNA Collectibles releases Urban EV Concept 1:18 scale model
All-New 2019 Honda Passport Starts Adventure with Global Debut in Los Angeles
2019 CR-V goes on sale with few changes, nominal price increase
2019 Honda Civic Type R and Civic Hatchback Accelerate into Dealerships
American Honda Reports October Sales
Videos --> Re: The NSX replaces the ZR1
Join Discussion......
Pilot --> Re: Anybody towing with 9AT Pilot or Odysseys?
Join Discussion......
Photoshops --> Re: Legend
Join Discussion......
Audio & Electronics --> Bluetooth & Google Maps Voice Volume
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2018 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2019 Honda Passport begins Production
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Hondata Flashpro for 2019 RDX
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Audi e-tron GT Concept
Join Discussion......
IMA/Hybrids --> Re: Check IMA System light is on - what could it mean?
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Halo Here To Stay In F1
Join Discussion......
Repair and Maintenance --> UPDATE - repair complete Re: aftermarket door lock actuators. Experience?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Wow, THIS design is rather out there
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2018 Honda F1 PU
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Truly LAME AHM website
Join Discussion......
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Fuel Cell Technology > > Re: Marauding Mirais

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Marauding Mirais    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-12-2018 15:16
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Too many Mirais... TMS is selling too many Mirais and the infrastructure is breaking down.

The State of Calimexistan takes a very long time to permit an H2 station so the manufacturers have been helping out, BUT at the same time, the flow of FCEVs had been kept reasonable so those of us who have them can find the fuel, otherwise, it becomes a non starter.

But TOYOTA, as is typical with a would be hegemon, is overselling Mirais given the amount of fuel that is available.

Case in point, yesterday, Wednesday, I went to fill up the Clarity at UCI around 11:00AM. Now, that station used to get its truck nightly around midnight so at around 11:00AM it would have plenty of fuel and very few (if any) cars. The delivery was for about 180 Kg daily.

But now, the demand has become so great that I just found out they have to make TWO deliveries per day.

There's also another station in Newport Beach, operated by Shell, that uses reforming and should have no limit. However, it was originally designed for fleet delivery and so it's compressor is slow and it takes about 15 minutes to gas up 5Kg @H70 into the Clarity.

So... I drive up to UCI and the display shows it's on line but it's "out of fuel". Hmm... compressor loud in the background... so I call the number and talk to the operator. Turns it it was already VERY LOW in fuel, by 11AM!!!! It was taking about 20 minutes between deliveries for the compressor to build enough pressure and even then it might not provide more than 1/2 a tank (equivalent of H35).

While I'm on the phone talking to the operator, a Mirai shows up, sits there and then SHE HONKS. WTF? Why do you think people use their cell phone when they're at the H2 station and not hooked up for fuel? Maybe Toyota drivers calls their brokers, I don't know, but most people I've met under similar circumstances are calling the Station Operator because something is wrong.

But, hey, I'm no Toyota driver.

So, eventually I got about 4/5ths of a tank, enough for 230 mile range... and then I walked over to the Mirai. Explained to the driver the circumstances and the options... wait 20 minutes and get some fuel, come back in three hours after the tanker has done its afternoon delivery or drive down four miles to Newport and get it there.

Her reply: "It takes too long to fill up there"

WTF? WTH?

What an entitled bitch, really... didn't anyone explain to her about how H2 fueling works?

Hell, before so many god damned Mirais with their entitled, ignorant drivers showed up, it used to be easy to gas up. Now it takes too long for everybody because Toyota is killing the Golden Goose.

I admire Tesla because it's building the infrastructure to support its cars. Whatever else you write about them, they are putting their money where their mouth is.

I just wish that Toyota Motor Sales USA (TMS) would pony up the fucking money to support more H2 stations.

Note: The Newport Station is now offline for 2 to 3 weeks... "No gas, reformer offline, repairs in 2 to 3 weeks", and the Costa Mesa station is out of gas and offline, as usual.

Those Mirais are a damn pest, a locust on the Hydrogen infrastructure.

notyper
Profile for notyper
Re: Marauding Mirais    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-12-2018 18:51
Hey, psst, Tony...

Your entitlement is showing

lol

SC

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Marauding Mirais    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-12-2018 19:52
notyper wrote:
Hey, psst, Tony...

Your entitlement is showing

lol

SC

I think you hate my FCEV because it doesn't have a carburator.

It's OK, I'm planning on putting a Type R sticker and a wing.

Wait 'till you are forced to gas up behind a Mirai, or a line of five Mirais. You might will change your tune.

All it takes is one Mirai really, like the time the fellow in the Torrance station went away to look at the birds over the wall, while his car was filling, filling, FILLED UP... You want to see entitlement... check a Mirai.

Do you recall when hybrids had access to the car pool lanes? Did you ever have the luxury of being stuck behind a Prius doing 64 mph on the car pool lane while the traffic was zipping around at 75? I swear the people who were buying into Priuses then are now buying into Mirais and they have NO clue.

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: Marauding Mirais    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-13-2018 04:08
It sounds like you could ride your bicycle to work and thumb your nose at the Mirai's as you pedal past.
Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: Marauding Mirais    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-13-2018 06:08
That's why we used to call them Toyota Piouses over here!

We need a similar aphorism for Mirais, but I am too dull-witted to come up with a good one.

NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: Marauding Mirais    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-13-2018 07:52
Nick GravesX wrote:

We need a similar aphorism for Mirais, but I am too dull-witted to come up with a good one.

Toyota Malaise

Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: Marauding Mirais    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-13-2018 08:26
NealX wrote:
Nick GravesX wrote:

Toyota Malaise

Toyota Moralsuperioritai was the best I could to.

It probably ought to have green virtue signals at each corner.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Marauding Mirais    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-13-2018 14:44
Nick GravesX wrote:
NealX wrote:
Nick GravesX wrote:

Toyota Malaise

GetTheFuckOutOfTheWay.com

That's what I usually feel like when I take the Clarity to fill up and I see four or five clueless Mirais in line.

Like the MF who took his Mirai and his Suburban to fuel up at the Newport Station. He kept the Mirai in there long after it was filled up while his SUV blocked me from using the other pump ( it took 10 minutes for the MF to realize that he had parked his Suburban in front of the 2nd H2 pump - I guess he thought he was only blocking a gasoline pump, huh??? ).

Entitled Virtue Signaling Idiots.

BTW, 4 out of 5 days I take La Black Mamba to work.

I very seldom have to deal with the Car Pool lane nowadays, thank God.

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: Marauding Mirais    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-13-2018 15:05
NealX wrote:
Nick GravesX wrote:

Toyota Malaise

Toyota Mayonnaise

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: Marauding Mirais    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-15-2018 19:22
TonyEX wrote:
Nick GravesX wrote:
NealX wrote:
Nick GravesX wrote:

Toyota Malaise

That's what I usually feel like when I take the Clarity to fill up and I see four or five clueless Mirais in line.

Like the MF who took his Mirai and his Suburban to fuel up at the Newport Station. He kept the Mirai in there long after it was filled up while his SUV blocked me from using the other pump ( it took 10 minutes for the MF to realize that he had parked his Suburban in front of the 2nd H2 pump - I guess he thought he was only blocking a gasoline pump, huh??? ).

You had mentioned that you are only 3 or 4 miles from work. Why not ride a scooter or bicycle, especially in your idyllic socal weather.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Marauding Mirais    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-16-2018 13:27
superchg2 wrote:
TonyEX wrote:
Nick GravesX wrote:
NealX wrote:
Nick GravesX wrote:

Toyota Malaise

You had mentioned that you are only 3 or 4 miles from work. Why not ride a scooter or bicycle, especially in your idyllic socal weather.

3.3 miles.

You sound like my wife and my doctor.. ;-)

Yes, you are quite right, specially as we have excellent bike lanes around here so most of my ride would be across a County Park and then along the river.

But, it gets hot... I would ride a bike if we had showers at work, which, for a place as big as this campus, we don't.

Some of the other guys have electric bikes. Since my ride starts at 200 feet and ends at 20 feet of altitude, coming to work is very easy, but then I have to deal with a hill. Yeah, I know that complaining about a 200 foot climb over a mile sounds silly, but such is life.

I guess I'm just lazy.

But I think I'll give it a try in the fall. I need to get a Type R sticker for my bike and then I'll put a playing card on the spokes to give it that sound of VTEC. ;-)

Then there's the ridiculous price my wife could get me something like this...

https://powersports.honda.com/2019/super-cub-c125-abs.aspx

KaizenDo
Profile for KaizenDo
Re: Marauding Mirais    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-16-2018 17:38
Coming to cinemas near you

MAD TONY - FURY ROAD
Hydrogen wars have started

Grab your hydrogen guitar and get on the road. It's gonna get ugly!

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Marauding Mirais    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-16-2018 19:53
How about this?

"The sound system provided high quality sound at a distance of up to 180m after which, regardless of the quality of a sound system, wind and air turbulence will always start to deteriorate the sound."

https://www.kvart-bolge.com/single-post/2015/07/08/A-Wall-of-Sound-How-The-Grateful-Dead-Built-the-First-Modern-Concert-PA-System-and-the-Second-Largest-to-Date

That should blow the Mirais... specially as the Phil Lesh's bass guitar was driven ONE STRING TO ONE SET OF SPEAKERS.... imagine that!

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/grateful-deads-wall-sound-vs-line-array-john-mayberry

Will have to put my Clarity in a Cone of Silence while I employ the Wall of Sound..

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0