[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
American Honda Reports November Sales
More.......................
2019 Honda Passport Makes World Debut: Adventure-Ready All-New 5-passenger SUV at 2018 LA Auto Show
LIVE from Los Angeles: TOV's coverage of the 2019 Honda Passport reveal
First Look: DNA Collectibles releases Urban EV Concept 1:18 scale model
All-New 2019 Honda Passport Starts Adventure with Global Debut in Los Angeles
2019 CR-V goes on sale with few changes, nominal price increase
2019 Honda Civic Type R and Civic Hatchback Accelerate into Dealerships
American Honda Reports October Sales
Videos --> Re: The NSX replaces the ZR1
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - Modifications --> Re: Rear Door Hack
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: What is the Most Practical Car Color
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: " The Sedans are coming, the Sedans are coming! "
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Type-S caught testing
Join Discussion......
Videos --> Vivid Racing Tune the NSX MkII
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 22 mm Progressive Sway Bar on Civic Si
Join Discussion......
Photoshops --> Re: Legend
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Accord 2.0 Touring: Additional Impressions
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> World Superbikes Ten Kate Team Bankrupt
Join Discussion......
TSX --> Re: TSX+Conti Control Contact AS vs 9" snow
Join Discussion......
Pilot --> Re: Anybody towing with 9AT Pilot or Odysseys?
Join Discussion......
Strictly Technical --> Re: B16 Heads
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Need Help
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2018 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
Join Discussion......
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > RDX > > Re: New RDX vs NX Infomercial

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
vh2k
Profile for vh2k
New RDX vs NX Infomercial    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-14-2018 14:57
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply

vh2k
Profile for vh2k
Re: New RDX vs NX Infomercial    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-14-2018 15:00
The mini crab claw taillights are now being touted as ďdragon tailĒ taillights. Nice!!!
superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: New RDX vs NX Infomercial    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-14-2018 15:51
I think the RDX will be a sell-out.
NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: New RDX vs NX Infomercial    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-14-2018 16:32
Isn't the NX more of a Mazda CX-5 competitor?
vh2k
Profile for vh2k
Re: New RDX vs NX Infomercial    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-14-2018 16:59
NealX wrote:

Practically speaking, it makes sense for Acura to position the RDX up against the NX. It compares much more favorably than trying to position against the RX.

Civicb18
Profile for Civicb18
Re: New RDX vs NX Infomercial    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-15-2018 08:01
It said ďsegment first 10 speed dual clutch automaticĒ.......itís a regular automatic!!

anime_man24
Profile for anime_man24
Re: New RDX vs NX Infomercial    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-15-2018 17:07
Civicb18 wrote:
It said ďsegment first 10 speed dual clutch automaticĒ.......itís a regular automatic!!

i thought it's dual clutch?

anime_man24
Profile for anime_man24
Re: New RDX vs NX Infomercial    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-15-2018 17:09
wow it's not, nvm
bnilhome
Profile for bnilhome
Re: New RDX vs NX Infomercial    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-15-2018 18:00
vh2k wrote:
NealX wrote:

Practically speaking, it makes sense for Acura to position the RDX up against the NX. It compares much more favorably than trying to position against the RX.

Actually I think I read somewhere that the RDX is closer in size to RX than NX. I think the RDX will take some sales from the RX especially given the RX is the worst looking SUV since the Pontiac Aztec.

Civicb18
Profile for Civicb18
Re: New RDX vs NX Infomercial    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-16-2018 05:37
bnilhome wrote:
vh2k wrote:
NealX wrote:

Actually I think I read somewhere that the RDX is closer in size to RX than NX. I think the RDX will take some sales from the RX especially given the RX is the worst looking SUV since the Pontiac Aztec.

To this day Iím not sure why the RX sells like it does. It drives like an old Camry, soft, no feel or personality whatsoever. Iím hoping the RDX sale figures can remain at their current rate or even rise to match or beat the RX as itís been the sales long for some time now.

vh2k
Profile for vh2k
Re: New RDX vs NX Infomercial    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-16-2018 06:53
Civicb18 wrote:
bnilhome wrote:
vh2k wrote:
NealX wrote:

To this day Iím not sure why the RX sells like it does. It drives like an old Camry, soft, no feel or personality whatsoever.

So, youíre saying itís quiet, comfortable, and rides really nice?

Not to mention decent utility/practicality, luxury brand quality, strong brand reputation and loyalty?

I canít understand either. ;)

bnilhome
Profile for bnilhome
Re: New RDX vs NX Infomercial    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-16-2018 08:12
Civicb18 wrote:
bnilhome wrote:
vh2k wrote:
NealX wrote:

To this day Iím not sure why the RX sells like it does. It drives like an old Camry, soft, no feel or personality whatsoever. Iím hoping the RDX sale figures can remain at their current rate or even rise to match or beat the RX as itís been the sales long for some time now.

I agree with you that it's more about comfort than anything else (kind of like a Buick or Lincoln). I do see a lot of realtors that have always had the RX and just buy a new one every 2 or 3 years. Plus there are many out there that do not really care about a car's performance capabilities or exterior styling and just want something reliable that feels comfortable.

Fitdad
Profile for Fitdad
Re: New RDX vs NX Infomercial    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-16-2018 08:23
vh2k wrote:
Civicb18 wrote:
bnilhome wrote:
vh2k wrote:
NealX wrote:

To this day Iím not sure why the RX sells like it does. It drives like an old Camry, soft, no feel or personality whatsoever.

So, youíre saying itís quiet, comfortable, and rides really nice?

Not to mention decent utility/practicality, luxury brand quality, strong brand reputation and loyalty?

I canít understand either. ;)

My in laws and my parents both got a previous gen RX - on my recommendation actually - and itís the expected reliability that sells it and makes it an easy buy for many. I think theyíre both happy with their purchase. Although they both hate the new styling.

rev2damoon
Profile for rev2damoon
Re: New RDX vs NX Infomercial    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-16-2018 08:56
Reliability is actually a huge factor for many Lexus shoppers. There are others, but that is a big one. It's important to try to understand the reasons and driving factors behind the success of a competitor's model, rather than simply dismiss it as "mindless drones purchasing something they know nothing about...just because". People purchase or 'not' purchase vehicles for any combinations of reasons. Controversial styling may not be enough to negate other positive attributes in the eyes of some shoppers.

As an example, I would include the RDX on my radar based on its overall package, despite my dislike for the DPG...

bnilhome
Profile for bnilhome
Re: New RDX vs NX Infomercial    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-16-2018 09:44
rev2damoon wrote:
Reliability is actually a huge factor for many Lexus shoppers. There are others, but that is a big one. It's important to try to understand the reasons and driving factors behind the success of a competitor's model, rather than simply dismiss it as "mindless drones purchasing something they know nothing about...just because". People purchase or 'not' purchase vehicles for any combinations of reasons. Controversial styling may not be enough to negate other positive attributes in the eyes of some shoppers.

As an example, I would include the RDX on my radar based on its overall package, despite my dislike for the DPG...

I don't think anyone would disagree with what you stated, and I think there is a reason that Acura did not benchmark the RX or NX when the RDX was launched. Acura is targeting competitors with a greater focus on performance vs comfort so I think it's accurate for the RDX to be positioned against the X3 and Q5 while I think the Lexus RX and NX should be positioned against the Buick Enclave and Lincoln crossovers.

wanga
Profile for wanga
Re: New RDX vs NX Infomercial    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-16-2018 13:58
Civicb18 wrote:
bnilhome wrote:
vh2k wrote:
NealX wrote:

Basically,it's a luxurious Rav 4. i drove both the RX and Nx,the RX is closer to the RDX but doesn't match up well.The RDX is engineered to compete with the germans . i'm really curious to see what the 2020 MDX will be

Hondarulez
Profile for Hondarulez
Re: New RDX vs NX Infomercial    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-17-2018 02:09
Before getting the 2019 RDX, my wife and I also test drove the CRV, Rav 4, and RX350.

My wife actually likes the Rav 4 hybird and RX350. The RX is really quiet and smooth, not to mention it's comfortable. The interior feels expensive.

Lexus isn't my cup of tea but I can definitely see why some people like the RX350. It's also using a V6 and 8AT found in the Camry, so reliability is pretty much guaranteed. And it runs on regular gas too!

It can sit 5 people comfortably, but the cargo room sucks. Its 18cu.ft capacity is barely better than a Accord sedan, and much worse than my CTR at 25cu.ft. The RDX? It's at 31cu.ft so it's not even comparable.

I think if the RX was $15k cheaper (Canadian Dollars), I'd have a much harder time convincing my wife to get the RDX. But when the RDX Elite platinum is $55k, and the RX350 with the top pkg is $70k, the decision was much easier.

rev2damoon
Profile for rev2damoon
Re: New RDX vs NX Infomercial    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-17-2018 08:00
bnilhome wrote:
rev2damoon wrote:

I don't think anyone would disagree with what you stated, and I think there is a reason that Acura did not benchmark the RX or NX when the RDX was launched. Acura is targeting competitors with a greater focus on performance vs comfort so I think it's accurate for the RDX to be positioned against the X3 and Q5 while I think the Lexus RX and NX should be positioned against the Buick Enclave and Lincoln crossovers.

I agree with you. Acura has indeed stated that they are focussing more on performance with their next generation of products. I think they've done an excellent job with how they've positioned the RDX.

bnilhome
Profile for bnilhome
Re: New RDX vs NX Infomercial    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-17-2018 08:00
Hondarulez wrote:
Before getting the 2019 RDX, my wife and I also test drove the CRV, Rav 4, and RX350.

My wife actually likes the Rav 4 hybird and RX350. The RX is really quiet and smooth, not to mention it's comfortable. The interior feels expensive.

Lexus isn't my cup of tea but I can definitely see why some people like the RX350. It's also using a V6 and 8AT found in the Camry, so reliability is pretty much guaranteed. And it runs on regular gas too!

It can sit 5 people comfortably, but the cargo room sucks. Its 18cu.ft capacity is barely better than a Accord sedan, and much worse than my CTR at 25cu.ft. The RDX? It's at 31cu.ft so it's not even comparable.

I think if the RX was $15k cheaper (Canadian Dollars), I'd have a much harder time convincing my wife to get the RDX. But when the RDX Elite platinum is $55k, and the RX350 with the top pkg is $70k, the decision was much easier.

Thanks for sharing. My parents have had Lexus vehicles in the past and what you described is accurate. It's a reliable and comfortable vehicle with some nice finishes inside, and the exterior used to be nice as well. Unfortunately they have screwed up their design especially with the RX, but I realize that design is subjective. I have driven and ridden in some recent Buicks too and to me Buick and Lexus are going after the same customer base, whereas Acura is targeting more performance-oriented luxury brands. The primary reason that buyers would cross-shop Lexus and Acura is that they are both Japanese carmakers and their mainstream companies (Toyota and Honda) have such a long history of producing reliable cars with great resale, but if Acura remains on track to distinguish its cars based on performance, the differentiation between Acura and Lexus will grow.

Power Of Dreams
Profile for Power Of Dreams
Re: New RDX vs NX Infomercial    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-17-2018 18:16
bnilhome wrote:
rev2damoon wrote:

If Acura can deliver those performance benchmarks with Honda reliability and tolerable styling, they'll do well.

Lexus is basically the Japanese Mercedes (with Toyota reliability), when you want prestige, a quiet ride and don't really care about driving dynamics. I've driven a litany of E350s/300s or whatever their mainstream 6-cylinder E-classes are and I prefer the Accord V6, straight up. Never really found the appeal of those cars.

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0