[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
2019 Acura MDX Arrives with Luxury and Performance Upgrades Plus First A-Spec Variant
More.......................
SPIED IN EUROPE! Civic Type R refresh
American Honda Sets New June Sales Records on Strength of Light Trucks
Honda reveals refreshed 2019 HR-V and Pilot
Acura TLX GT wins class and places 3rd overall at 2018 Pikes Peak International Hill Climb
Spied on the Street! 2019 Pilot and Pilot PHEV mule
All-New 2019 Honda Insight Brings Style, Sophistication and 55 mpg City Rating
It's Official: Honda to supply Red Bull Racing in Formula One from 2019
RDX --> Re: 2019 RDX SH-AWD Acceleration numbers
Join Discussion......
ILX --> Re: 2019 ILX
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: 2019 RDX SH-AWD "commuter" loop mileage run
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2018 German Grand Prix
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Indycar Rear-view Mirror: Dixon Deftly Extends Indycar Lead at Toronto
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: I'm in a 2019 RDX Advance this week. Any specific questions while I have it?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Trying to decide on color
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: I just realized
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2020 GM/Honda Lithium battery and module.
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: No H2 in Toyota Vampire Land
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Munro says Model 3 has >30% gross margin
Join Discussion......
Insight --> Re: My next car?
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Zak Brown: 2018 McLaren Ďweaker than last yearís carí
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Type R > > Re: DC-R

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - 1 2 [3] 4
Author
  Post New Thread
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: DC-R    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-21-2018 13:09
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Chris David wrote:
Jeff, any idea of Honda has plans to increase production to meet demand?

no. I was told that production is fixed at 5k/year.

LudegarH22A7
Profile for LudegarH22A7
Re: DC-R    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-22-2018 08:52
Chris David wrote:
Jeff, any idea of Honda has plans to increase production to meet demand?

I was offered a 2019 allocation this week. November production date.

-DCR

Good to see that you've taken delivery. Congrats Sir.

DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: DC-R    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-23-2018 13:51
I had a guy approach me at a gas station this morning and he asked me if I added the body kit, red accents and wing to the car.
garoto
Profile for garoto
Re: DC-R    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-23-2018 14:02
DCR wrote:
I had a guy approach me at a gas station this morning and he asked me if I added the body kit, red accents and wing to the car.

Iíve had similar questions. A guy with a $45k Camry hates his car. He said it is ďsports carĒ but it doesnít ďbehaveĒ like one.

I donít want to imagine how they sold him that car.

He wanted an automatic Type R. 🤦🏽‍♂️

Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: DC-R    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-24-2018 06:53
DCR wrote:

:D

It does look a bit like you found it at SEMA. But I believe that's the idea.

fishchan
Profile for fishchan
Re: DC-R    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-24-2018 20:54
DCR wrote:

Just answer yes. That is how you can make it so fast.

fishchan
Profile for fishchan
Re: DC-R    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-24-2018 20:59
garoto wrote:

Iíve had similar questions. A guy with a $45k Camry hates his car. He said it is ďsports carĒ but it doesnít ďbehaveĒ like one.

Dren
Profile for Dren
Re: DC-R    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-25-2018 09:56
You can tell him those wing bits you added to keep it grounded to the ground.
DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: DC-R    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-26-2018 12:54
I got to test the brakes full on last night. Some dumb asshole was riding a bike in the middle of my lane, with traffic, with no reflectors on the bike at 1:30 AM. I went from 50-0 in about a second and thankfully he was moving away from me so he created more distance.
blackstripe77
Profile for blackstripe77
Re: DC-R    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-27-2018 03:21
fishchan wrote:
garoto wrote:

"It was a Sports Edition so it felt really grounded to the ground" AHHAHA WTF

SE badge adding enough weight to the car to increase the effects of gravity?

DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: DC-R    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-28-2018 10:39
I've got a nice scrape on the lower lip from a piece of scrap metal that jumped out of a truck and wrapped itself around the piece. By the sound I thought it fucked up at least my bumper and fog light but thankfully only scuffed up a $100 piece. We will see what winter brings if this is what summer offers.
Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: DC-R    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-28-2018 12:16
Bad luck, DC!

This is why I hate having new cars...

rev2damoon
Profile for rev2damoon
Re: DC-R    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-28-2018 12:48
Running over objects like that can give you the most horrible feeling in the pit of your stomach until you're able to check for any damage.
DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: DC-R    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-28-2018 12:54
Nick GravesX wrote:
Bad luck, DC!

I should probably stay off of 131 really, but it is the fastest route to work. The problem is, the center concrete median traps all manner of shit and once someone strays over and runs over it, you never know what you are going to get. I have avoided a full size mattress before, a lawn chair, a BBQ grille that hopped out of a truck, you name it, I have either hit it or nearly hit it. Semi trucks are a huge problem too, and I am often trapped in a batch of them.

I think I will start going on 196 so I can hit a deer instead.

Price
Profile for Price
Re: DC-R    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-28-2018 13:42
DCR wrote:
Nick GravesX wrote:
Bad luck, DC!

I should probably stay off of 131 really, but it is the fastest route to work. The problem is, the center concrete median traps all manner of shit and once someone strays over and runs over it, you never know what you are going to get. I have avoided a full size mattress before, a lawn chair, a BBQ grille that hopped out of a truck, you name it, I have either hit it or nearly hit it. Semi trucks are a huge problem too, and I am often trapped in a batch of them.

I feel your pain. Last night, i hit are road transition point on the highway that i thought blew out the front tires. Back in October i lost 2 wheels/tires due to a improper road patch around a 4" water pipe (couldn't see it driving into sun).

I also get a ton of rocks stuck between what i assume is the rotor and the backing plate. Makes a god awful noise until it works itself loose. They have been taking 5 - 20 miles to work loose.

DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: DC-R    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-28-2018 15:29
I bought the wheel and tire package in anticipation of wrecking my wheels so episode one will be along soon I am sure.

The only thing I am starting to focus on now is a whine or static from the left front tweeter...seems to be picking up engine noise like the old school days where your amplifier had a bad ground. This thing doesn't pipe in fake noise does it?

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: DC-R    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-28-2018 16:04
DCR wrote:
I bought the wheel and tire package in anticipation of wrecking my wheels so episode one will be along soon I am sure.

The only thing I am starting to focus on now is a whine or static from the left front tweeter...seems to be picking up engine noise like the old school days where your amplifier had a bad ground. This thing doesn't pipe in fake noise does it?

There's no mention of ANC or ASC in any of the press materials and it wasn't mentioned during the technical presentation. It's certainly possible that the amp is picking up some spurious noise from somewhere, though.

garoto
Profile for garoto
Re: DC-R    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-28-2018 20:54
DCR wrote:
Nick GravesX wrote:
Bad luck, DC!

That sucks man. But definitely not the worst thing in the world. As long as damage happens on non painted surfaces I hardly care.

I would definitely get XPEL Ultimate Plus. I canít recommend that stuff enough. I have it on my bumper, fog lights, headlights, mirrors, and front H badge.

DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: DC-R    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-05-2018 18:27
This car does not like when it is hot out. We have had a string of temps in the 90's with humidity included and it feels like it lost 100 horsepower in city driving. Some bogging too...turning at a light in a low gear really had a delay before power came on.
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: DC-R    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-05-2018 18:51
DCR wrote:
This car does not like when it is hot out. We have had a string of temps in the 90's with humidity included and it feels like it lost 100 horsepower in city driving. Some bogging too...turning at a light in a low gear really had a delay before power came on.

yes it gets pretty aggressive at pulling timing and boost as the IATs get to certain ranges which don't seem to be too extreme.

RMTRADER
Profile for RMTRADER
Re: DC-R    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-05-2018 19:05
DCR wrote:

Turn off the air conditioning. I find the same thing on my Golf R.

Strangely, I never had this issue with the old 2.5T EJ in the STI I had....

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: DC-R    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-05-2018 19:28
DCR wrote:

It does sound like heat is dialing back the power of some Type R's on the track after a few laps, and has not been resolved by Honda so far.

https://www.civicx.com/threads/civic-type-r-at-the-track-goods-and-bads-lets-share-our-experience.20591/page-14

Price
Profile for Price
Re: DC-R    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-05-2018 22:01
DCR wrote:

I posted the same thing earlier. It feels so strong in the early morning, but then it sucks in the hot afternoon. I was watching the boost gauge. 22 PSI in the morning and only 17 PSI in the heat.

garoto
Profile for garoto
Re: DC-R    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-06-2018 02:48
Man, I donít know. But I feel this car becomes a joy in the heat. Iíll pay closer attention next time. I have noticed the occasional power deltas, but whatís new, thatís the whole premise of ya whining about N/As vs Turbos.
Price
Profile for Price
Re: DC-R    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-06-2018 08:59
garoto wrote:
Man, I donít know. But I feel this car becomes a joy in the heat. Iíll pay closer attention next time. I have noticed the occasional power deltas, but whatís new, thatís the whole premise of ya whining about N/As vs Turbos.

First turbo ever so . . . all new to me.

DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: DC-R    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-06-2018 14:17
garoto wrote:

I only started paying attention after when I was turning right, rolling pretty slow in 2nd and the car simply wouldn't accelerate. It was like I was in 6th gear instead. Problem was, I was moving a bit too fast to jam it into 1st without putting my head through the windshield, so I quickly threw it into neutral, braked pretty hard to get speed out, threw it in first and revved through fine. It felt like it cut my fuel or some shit and I didn't like it.

I'm watching for it now and just avoiding the slow roll out.

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: DC-R    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-06-2018 15:27
I'm wondering if Shawn has found a solution to the heat issue?
I'll bet he has had a few of these in for a Hondata and so forth.

Sasker
Profile for Sasker
Re: DC-R    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-06-2018 17:48
I never liked the exaggerated styling of the Type-R, but having to check the weather to see if you can get good performance out of your engine is something else.
Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: DC-R    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-06-2018 20:10
DCR wrote:
garoto wrote:

I only started paying attention after when I was turning right, rolling pretty slow in 2nd and the car simply wouldn't accelerate. It was like I was in 6th gear instead. Problem was, I was moving a bit too fast to jam it into 1st without putting my head through the windshield, so I quickly threw it into neutral, braked pretty hard to get speed out, threw it in first and revved through fine. It felt like it cut my fuel or some shit and I didn't like it.

I'm watching for it now and just avoiding the slow roll out.

Man, I forget you guys are sooooo young!

We've had that issue with S2000s since Methusala got his and grumbled to Soichiro's ancestor.

Only the S2000 kangaroos if you move the throttle too fast and it leans out when hot.

Best way is to dip the clutch and gently open the butterfly; a few seconds of 2-3K rpm will get a column of colder air into the intake and it will behave normally. I've learned to open the throttle incrementally, so the car will eventually pull through the stutter and to keep the revs up for a bit. The passers-by probably think I'm a boy racer, but their opinions are of no merit.

And never stuff a Honda into 1st without a big rev double declutch; you'll otherwise get a whiny/crunchy first, eventually. Even then, 1st is tricky to rev-match.

Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: DC-R    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-06-2018 20:20
Actually, "leans out" is a misnomer; the intake air is too damned hot from moving too slowly, so its expansion differential is wrong and if anything, it riches out due to the lack of oxygen density. A heat pump won't work without a decent temperature differential.

Thread Page - 1 2 [3] 4
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0