[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Team Honda Research wins ST2 at NASA Nationals with their NC1 NSX
More.......................
Acura releases details on refreshed 2019 ILX
2019 Accord loses EX-L Navi and 1.5T Touring trims
American Honda Reports August Sales Increase as Trucks Smash Previous Records
2019 NSX Debuts in Monterey with Design Updates, Chassis Enhancements and Expanded Color Palette
2019 Civic trim change summary
Honda announces changes for 2019 Civic, including new Sport trim
When is the 2019 Accord arriving in showrooms? Maybe not until 2019
CR-Z --> Re: Honda's Biggest Mistake? Why Now Is The Time To Buy The Misunderstood CR-Z
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: All-New Cadillac 2019 XT4
Join Discussion......
Photoshops --> Honda URB
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Interesting take on the "Camaro Crisis"
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: First Ford, now Nissan dropping Sedans
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Audi Will Reportedly No Longer Offer Any Manual Transmissions in the U.S.
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Looking at a 2018 Accord Sport!
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: SuperGT - Spoilers
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2019 BMW 8-Series
Join Discussion......
Pilot --> Re: Anybody towing with 9AT Pilot or Odysseys?
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Indycar - Spoilers
Join Discussion......
The Tire Rack: Wheels and Tires Forum --> Re: Minus sizing tires on 2019 pilot
Join Discussion......
The Tire Rack: Wheels and Tires Forum --> Re: Minus sizing tires on 2019 pilot
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 1993 6 sp Acura Legend Coupe
Join Discussion......
The Tire Rack: Wheels and Tires Forum --> Minus sizing tires on 2019 pilot
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > Acura tackles Pikes Peak with 2019 RDX, NSX, and TLX entries > > Re: RDX got the cancelled S2000 motor.

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

RolledaNsx
Profile for RolledaNsx
RDX got the cancelled S2000 motor. [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-07-2018 14:31
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
2.0L I4 with eCharger and Turbo,48V System.
Mikeydred
Profile for Mikeydred
Re: RDX got the cancelled S2000 motor. [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-07-2018 17:47
Seems like Honda/Acura is holding out on us no reason why this couldn't be a Type S in a sedan or RDX now. Also like the tidbit about changes to software in the RDX making the system more rear torque bias, hopefully;they dial this into future performance models including split in power.

sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: RDX got the cancelled S2000 motor. [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-07-2018 22:19
Makes you realize that with Honda's engineering prowess when they want to use it, and with half a fucking brain when it came to marketing, they would never have trouble selling just about anything!

Imagine dropping this into the TLX, with the rear bias SH-AWD and see the reaction they'd get from the motoring press!

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: RDX got the cancelled S2000 motor. [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-08-2018 17:45
sadlerau wrote:
Makes you realize that with Honda's engineering prowess when they want to use it, and with half a fucking brain when it came to marketing, they would never have trouble selling just about anything!

Imagine dropping this into the TLX, with the rear bias SH-AWD and see the reaction they'd get from the motoring press!

Until the day that AHM introduces the TLX on a press junket on First Class British Airways to a luxury golf resort in Torremolinos with a grab bag worth $10K, the press will always find issues with the TLX.

If all comes to worse... "no pedigree"....

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: RDX got the cancelled S2000 motor. [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-08-2018 18:23
TonyEX wrote:
sadlerau wrote:

Until the day that AHM introduces the TLX on a press junket on First Class British Airways to a luxury golf resort in Torremolinos with a grab bag worth $10K, the press will always find issues with the TLX.

Tony,
The TLX issues have nothing to do with greasing the palms of the press.
It's not a bad car by any means, but it's somewhat conflicted in its mission and execution. The 9-speed automatic does the V6 ZERO favors, and the V6 is too nose-heavy to be a serious contender in the realm of sport sedans in that power range. Also, the suspension is too soft. I could go on...

honduh
Profile for honduh
Re: RDX got the cancelled S2000 motor. [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-09-2018 08:29
RolledaNsx wrote:

So this could be the Type-S version?

honduh
Profile for honduh
Re: RDX got the cancelled S2000 motor. [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-09-2018 08:37
JeffX wrote:
TonyEX wrote:
sadlerau wrote:

Tony,
It's not a bad car by any means, but it's somewhat conflicted in its mission and execution. The 9-speed automatic does the V6 ZERO favors, and the V6 is too nose-heavy to be a serious contender in the realm of sport sedans in that power range. Also, the suspension is too soft. I could go on...

Yeah, the “conflicted” mission was how I felt from the first time I test drove the I4 and 6cyl version. I absolutely felt the V6 was too nose-heavy. I actually preferred the 4cyl but compared to the refinement and power of the powertrains of the best of sports sedan competitors, it just left a lot to be desired.

vh2k
Profile for vh2k
Re: RDX got the cancelled S2000 motor. [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-09-2018 17:43
JeffX wrote:
TonyEX wrote:
sadlerau wrote:

Tony,

+ the bland profile and rear end and “not-quite-luxury” interior.

neuronbob
Profile for neuronbob
Re: RDX got the cancelled S2000 motor. [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-14-2018 06:59
I am by no means a TLX defender, but I've now leased (won't own it, LOL) an A-Spec for the last year and I find it quite satisfactory as a moderately fun daily driver other than the transmission (WTF was Acura thinking, jeez?). If only it had the performance engine of the TLX featured in the article, and a manual, neither of which will happen. :(

I thank the car gods for my NSX, every time I step in it I am reminded of the best days of Acura/Honda....and it's got a manual transmission.

We need that
JeffX wrote:
Tony,

Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: RDX got the cancelled S2000 motor. [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-22-2018 12:28
RolledaNsx wrote:

Sign of the times - cancel the sports car and drop the lump into an SUV.

I find it funny, now.

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0