[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
2019 Acura MDX Arrives with Luxury and Performance Upgrades Plus First A-Spec Variant
More.......................
SPIED IN EUROPE! Civic Type R refresh
American Honda Sets New June Sales Records on Strength of Light Trucks
Honda reveals refreshed 2019 HR-V and Pilot
Acura TLX GT wins class and places 3rd overall at 2018 Pikes Peak International Hill Climb
Spied on the Street! 2019 Pilot and Pilot PHEV mule
All-New 2019 Honda Insight Brings Style, Sophistication and 55 mpg City Rating
It's Official: Honda to supply Red Bull Racing in Formula One from 2019
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda new teaser ad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: 2019 Supra may get 4cyl
Join Discussion......
ILX --> Re: 2019 ILX
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: MotoGP - Assen TT (you should watch)
Join Discussion......
Insight --> Re: My next car?
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Munro says Model 3 has >30% gross margin
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: New RDX vs NX Infomercial
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Such a damn nice car
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Zak Brown: 2018 McLaren ‘weaker than last year’s car’
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Type-R Fascia Changes spotted at Nurburgring
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: Marauding Mirais
Join Discussion......
Hot Deals --> Great lightning deal on Anker ROAV C1 Pro (2k resolution) dashcam - $75
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 2017 Civic Si 360whp One Take
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > General Talk > > Re: I HATE Cristiano Ronaldo

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Author
  Post New Thread
Dren
Profile for Dren
2018 WC    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-14-2018 10:16
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
T-minus 45 minutes until two of the worst teams in the tournament face each other, Russia and Saudi Arabia. Even though the US didn't qualify, I'm still going to watch. Pulling for Mexico to represent CONCACAF well, but I don't think they have the team.

Spain looks reasonable though they just fired their coach. The usual suspects, Argentina, Germany and Brazil should show well. I'd like to see Uruguay win it with McBitey getting the golden boot.

Spain and Portugal play tomorrow. I have that one DVR'd. Any thoughts Tony?

sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: 2018 WC    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-14-2018 11:02
Go Italy, oh wait...........

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot, what was the Spanish FA president thinking??

Dren
Profile for Dren
Re: 2018 WC    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-14-2018 11:05
sadlerau wrote:

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot, what was the Spanish FA president thinking??

Yeah, no joke!

Does Cahill still play for the Socceroos? A lot of people are expecting them to make it out of their group.

Dren
Profile for Dren
Re: 2018 WC    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-14-2018 11:14
Russians up 1-0
sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: 2018 WC    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-14-2018 18:02
Dren wrote:
sadlerau wrote:

Yeah, no joke!

Does Cahill still play for the Socceroos? A lot of people are expecting them to make it out of their group.

Yes, it's his fourth campaign.

sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: 2018 WC    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-14-2018 23:48
Speaking of Cahill, and his longevity, it seems we finally have found a young player to step into his shoes in Daniel Arzani, not a striker, but someone who seems to have that special touch that lifts them above the average. Still only 19 years old, but with huge potential.
Dren
Profile for Dren
Re: 2018 WC    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-15-2018 06:28
I'll have to record the game Saturday, it looks like they play at 0600 my time. France will be tough. I'll look out for Arzani.
Dren
Profile for Dren
Re: 2018 WC    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-15-2018 08:24
McBitey bagged his first! My pick for golden boot.
Dren
Profile for Dren
Re: 2018 WC    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-15-2018 08:26
Dren wrote:
McBitey bagged his first! My pick for golden boot.

Offsides...

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
I HATE Cristiano Ronaldo    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-15-2018 16:10
I really, Really, REALLY DON'T LIKE THE GUY.
garoto
Profile for garoto
Re: I HATE Cristiano Ronaldo    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-16-2018 23:11
TonyEX wrote:

Hardest working guy in the room, you don't like him. Bleh.

sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re:World Cup    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-17-2018 11:56
Watching Germany v Mexico. What a fantastic open game up to half time!
rev2damoon
Profile for rev2damoon
Re: Re:World Cup    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-17-2018 14:20
Awesome that Mexico won. I'll have to go back and watch the replay of this one.
Dren
Profile for Dren
Re: Re:World Cup    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-17-2018 15:03
Great win for Mexico, wish they could have hit another on one of their counters. Germany pounded them but couldn't score. Exciting from start to finish!
TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: I HATE Cristiano Ronaldo    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-17-2018 15:08
garoto wrote:
TonyEX wrote:

I don't like him because he throws tantrums, is a prima donna and he flops. In La Liga the referees are on to him and he gets yellow cards for flopping, but I guess in the World Cup the refs don't know him.

The free kick from which he scored was a very questionable "foul". Ronaldo flopped on that one.

BG
Profile for BG
Re: I HATE Cristiano Ronaldo    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-18-2018 05:00
TonyEX wrote:
garoto wrote:
TonyEX wrote:

I don't like him because he throws tantrums, is a prima donna and he flops. In La Liga the referees are on to him and he gets yellow cards for flopping, but I guess in the World Cup the refs don't know him.

The free kick from which he scored was a very questionable "foul". Ronaldo flopped on that one.

Yes he's a bit of a prima donna, but he only does what every other player seems to do, but he will give 100% all of the time and I expect, this being probably his last world cup, he will give 100% through out as well!

His scoring ability, his speed, strength, his ability in the air, best header of the ball by far!! There's no real match for his all round greatness.

Messi is exceptional and a far better footballer, but he does not have the same all round ability imo.

But if you really want to watch men play a sport, watch rugby.

Dren
Profile for Dren
Re: I HATE Cristiano Ronaldo    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-18-2018 06:57
His speed is amazing. His passing is second to none, same with his finishing. He was a joy to watch. Portugal was much more fun to watch against Spain than they were in the Euros. Even with the tie, Spain has looked like one of the most impressive so far.

Neymar was disappointing to watch. It looked like he was trying to prove himself every time he received the ball. The Swiss fouled the hell out of him, too.

Thoughts on England today? Will they flop like usual or put on a good tourney?

sennaFAN
Profile for sennaFAN
Re: I HATE Cristiano Ronaldo    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-18-2018 07:35
Ronaldo is simply amazing. He is as ambitious now as he was when he was a teenager. He has talent and ability matched only by Messi. Which makes it all the more annoying that he is such an utter turd of a man !!
I still remember a game when one of his Real Madrid team mates had the audacity to nip in front of him and score a goal, which he not only refused to celebrate but then berated him on the way back to the half way line !!
I admire his ability but cannot abide the bloke, enough said.
As for poor old England, I am afraid after watching the wonderful technique on show, especially Spain vs Portugal and Germany vs Mexico ( but also Croatia ), I am left a tad worried by our one dimensional game play and lack of basic control.
As always our beloved media are starting to crank up the hype beyond their teams ability.
I would love us to do well, but fear we will be exposed as the team we are. The only hope is that we are, at least, a young team and that may play to our advantage.

sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: I HATE Cristiano Ronaldo    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-18-2018 09:44

I trust you refer to Union, and not that abomination they call League?

Of course being from the "old country" you are probably not aware of the great strides achieved down under in improving the Union game into Aussie Rules Football! Makes Union players look like thugs, but still retains the body on body contacts we all love, just more stylish. :D

sennaFAN
Profile for sennaFAN
Re: I HATE Cristiano Ronaldo    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-18-2018 10:51
I watched the Irish battling your boys this weekend. If there is a purer, more honest or more brutal sport I am yet to see it.
I played ( very badly ) scrum half for my school but soon realised I was far too cowardly to go any further !!

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: I HATE Cristiano Ronaldo    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-18-2018 14:42
sadlerau wrote:

I trust you refer to Union, and not that abomination they call League?

Of course being from the "old country" you are probably not aware of the great strides achieved down under in improving the Union game into Aussie Rules Football! Makes Union players look like thugs, but still retains the body on body contacts we all love, just more stylish. :D

Crazy... a far away country, Oz, small population, Amazonian women, great beer they won't ship out (*) and they can't make up their mind on Rugby Rules... As I recall they got at least two sets of rules and two sets of leagues.

The time I spent in Oz... working... I'd wake up like at 4AM and watch two rubgy matches, different rules, before going to work and finding my first cup of coffee (**). Needless to say, I was stupefied that some fields looked oval and other rectangular. Or so it seemed.

Like, with 24 million (or so) people, how can they support so many teams with so many rules?

Makes me think they've tried to merge them but when they get to the league representative meetings, once they bring in the refreshments -beer-, it's all goes downhill into a Waltzing Matilda with a resulting BAC of .24

(*) Foster's... it's Australian for -shitty- beer.

(**) Hot tea is very fine for lubricating your Number Two, but terrible for waking up.

Dren
Profile for Dren
Re: I HATE Cristiano Ronaldo    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-19-2018 07:34
England is tough to watch. Kane looked out of place and clunky for most of the match yet happened to poke in two goals. The attackers couldn't finish if their life depended on it. So many crosses into the box and so many misses. Kane wasn't near the majority of them. Rashford looked a bit more promising, maybe he'll get a start. Sterling looked out of sorts. England is sorely lacking any sort of creative player from the midfield.
sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: I HATE Cristiano Ronaldo    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-19-2018 10:12
I thought they looked too static in the midfield, reluctant to run into creative positions that would draw the opposition out and create space. They also looked nervous, no?
sennaFAN
Profile for sennaFAN
Re: I HATE Cristiano Ronaldo    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-19-2018 10:49
To be fair most football pundits here in the UK were really positive about the performance. They rated the first half as one of the best in the world cup so far. We missed so many chances in the first half ! The fact that we created the chances is in stark contrast to other comps where we have created nowt.
The second half was far duller but mostly because our boys aren't used to the heat or humidity and Tunisia changed tactics and went deeper making it harder to create chances.
The VAR really needs looking at. I can allow them for thinking Tunisia deserved a penalty, but it was very soft. But how in the hell they missed at least two clear cut penalties for England where players were wrestled to the ground is beyond me.
That is only the fourth time we have won an opening game so we are pretty happy over here. Doesn't disguise a lack of world class talent though.
For those who follow Kane at Spurs, they will have seen that before. A game where he seemed to do nothing yet he takes pretty much every chance that comes his way. A very deceptive and very clever forward. Unfortunately the majority of the chances fell to Lingard and one to a defender Stone who had all the calmness of a rabbit caught in headlights !!

Dren
Profile for Dren
Re: I HATE Cristiano Ronaldo    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-19-2018 11:25
Of course they were positive, they actually won a WC game! The same pundits would have blasted the team for missed opportunities if Kane didn't net that late header!

I have to give Kane credit, he didn't flail his arms and call for penalties every time he was tackled American Football style during corners. The refereeing has been all over the place. Tackles like that have been called as penalties in other matches, but not this one...

Some of the refs look like the VAR system is a blow to their ego. A few of them have embraced it.

I agree Sadlerau, they did look a bit nervous. It was almost like they didn't know what to do as a team.

sennaFAN
Profile for sennaFAN
Re: I HATE Cristiano Ronaldo    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-19-2018 11:40
It is so strange to think that they did not know what to do as a team. Southgate was really pleased with how they played, as was I.
It may have 'looked' like that but I can assure you that compared to what we have been used to that was actually a very good performance lol !!
Nerves were clearly on display, this is one of the youngest teams in the tournament so it is to be expected, but they steadied their nerves as the game went on.
VAR is 'meant' to be monitored throughout the game and any offences brought to the refs attention. Clearly his mic wasn't working..
Our press has always built up the team as the new '66 squad. It's getting old and boring. This team has gone in without a big name manager and are all the better for it. They wont win it but I just hope they do themselves justice at least.
I am still reveling in Mexico's victory. When England drop out I am becoming Mexican for the rest in the hope they can reach that magical 5th game they desperately want to play !!

Dren
Profile for Dren
Re: I HATE Cristiano Ronaldo    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-20-2018 07:18
One thing is for certain, there isn't a clear standout team in this WC. It's really up for grabs.
sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: I HATE Cristiano Ronaldo    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-20-2018 08:05
He's done it again, Ronaldo opens the scoring inside 5 minutes......
rev2damoon
Profile for rev2damoon
Re: I HATE Cristiano Ronaldo    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-20-2018 08:37
Hehe....I don't particularly care for the guy myself. That being said, I cannot deny the man's immense talent. He is good...VERY good.
Dren
Profile for Dren
Re: I HATE Cristiano Ronaldo    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-20-2018 11:07
I get the feeling he is going to sneak them an ugly WC trophy victory like they did in the Euros.

Thread Page - [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0