[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Team Honda Research wins ST2 at NASA Nationals with their NC1 NSX
More.......................
Acura releases details on refreshed 2019 ILX
2019 Accord loses EX-L Navi and 1.5T Touring trims
American Honda Reports August Sales Increase as Trucks Smash Previous Records
2019 NSX Debuts in Monterey with Design Updates, Chassis Enhancements and Expanded Color Palette
2019 Civic trim change summary
Honda announces changes for 2019 Civic, including new Sport trim
When is the 2019 Accord arriving in showrooms? Maybe not until 2019
Type R --> Re: '19 Variations on the CTR?
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 2019 Civic Interior first picture
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: C&D Lightning Lap 2018
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Looking at a 2018 Accord Sport!
Join Discussion......
Photoshops --> Re: Honda URB
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Toyota Supra - First Drive
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: A big finger to handbrake turns
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: 10th generation Accord Mk2 - niggles fixed with minor tweaks!
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Ford "pulls an Acura" in their latest commercial
Join Discussion......
CR-Z --> Re: Honda's Biggest Mistake? Why Now Is The Time To Buy The Misunderstood CR-Z
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Mazda CX-5 to get 2.5 Turbo Engine?
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Aragon MotoGP Spoiler
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Custom Paint Job Civic Type R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda Inspire test drive video
Join Discussion......
Videos --> Re: 2018 Acura NSX Review - The Best Everyday Supercar
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > General Talk > > Re: Dear NoTypeR, Dear Jeff

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
KaizenDo
Profile for KaizenDo
Dear NoTypeR, Dear Jeff    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-19-2018 11:33
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Dear NoTypeR, Dear Jeff,

with all due respect, I'm posting to you in regards to the thread "here they come" and would like to give notypeR an answer.

First off, I would like to make clear that it was not my intention to hurt anyones feeling with the intro that i made there. I think most TOVers have understood this by now, and you may refer to Nicks reply as well.

Beyond that, I'd like to adress to NotypeR who made a comment in the way that he's waiting for an ocassion to ban me. This was your first post in the thread and with your second post you called me "twat". As we are both grown up adults, I doubt you would like to be called twat by me counterwise - do you? I respect your position as Forum admin and would kindly ask for fair treatment just like you would offer it to the other TOV members.

Finally I'll explain you why I spoke of provoke. Please have a look at CarPhreakD's postings in this thread. I don't know about you, but in the light of happenings I see them as personal attacks. I'm talking of the following:
-Illness or stupidity?
-No, actual question. Although I can see why you're divorced.
-Gaslighting
-But as JihadDo is clumsily trying to explain

I don't think that my marrital status or my family background is of any concern of CarPhreakD. Nor does his repeated attack on me, after I explained myself and most everyone understood this was rather a bad joke over the top is doing any good.

I'd rather have this cleared in a more civil manner, but posting here seems the quickest and direct way. Thank you very much for your attention and have a nice evening.

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: Dear NoTypeR, Dear Jeff    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-19-2018 22:52
You really are no Saint, KaizenDo.

And the truth is you are going to need a tough hide when you bring controversial topics (not related to Honda) to this forum, which you have done more than once.

Otherwise, quit stirring the pot and everything will be okay.

KaizenDo
Profile for KaizenDo
Re: Dear NoTypeR, Dear Jeff    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-20-2018 12:01
superchg2 wrote:
You really are no Saint, KaizenDo.

And the truth is you are going to need a tough hide when you bring controversial topics (not related to Honda) to this forum, which you have done more than once.

Otherwise, quit stirring the pot and everything will be okay.

No doubt about it.

I just want to make sure the rules of the game applies to all players equally and I'm not getting pulled out for self defense against an repeated offender. :)

DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: Dear NoTypeR, Dear Jeff    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-20-2018 12:10
I know how this is going to end.
TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Dear NoTypeR, Dear Jeff    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-20-2018 13:07
DCR wrote:
I know how this is going to end.

How do you like your new toy?

There's one at work just like yours.... in that silver color.... there's also an all black one and an occasional red one.

Wife can't get it.... I got this itch to drive down to the dealer and have a conversation.

notyper
Profile for notyper
Re: Dear NoTypeR, Dear Jeff    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-20-2018 14:11
Doesn't work that way. Everyone starts here the same. You are presumed to be a cognitively functional adult who will behave themselves.

If you _do_ behave yourself you continue to get treated that way. If you contribute to the site in a meaningful way, we take notice. If you evince a long history of good behavior and/or contribution, we also take note of that.

The longer you behave and/or contribute, the more we're willing to tolerate from you if you decide to go on a rant or get a little pissy with someone.

Someone like CarPhreakD has a very, very long history on this site of contribution and good behavior. He and I often disagree very strongly about some things, but he has earned our respect over the years. If I do choose to call him out on something is will be in private and not publicly.

You on the other hand have been a regular inflammatory irritation. You have negative equity with me. As such you should be aware that I will tolerate less B.S. from you than I would from even a new member of this forum. If you want to change that, start behaving yourself.

Grow a thick skin - you can look to someone like atomiclightbulb on how to do that. He is one of the calmest, more equinanimous posters here. His opinions are very controversial with a subset of our membership but he continues to be polite and posts his viewpoints in a very even tempered way. I admire his resolve, and endeavor to be calmer like him (you're lucky you weren't here 4-5 years ago, I would have banned you months ago and IP locked you from the site).

In addition to growing a thick skin, stick to the facts. You're entitled to an opinion but with your negative equity you'd be doing yourself a favor to avoid expressing it too strongly right now. Let your links and headlines do it for you.

TL;DR - This site is not a democracy. The only equality here is that every poster starts from the same place. Your behavior determines how you are treated and we do keep score. A long membership and history of contribution is not a hall pass for bad behavior, but we will cut that person some more slack before the hammer falls. Invest in this site with good behavior and contribution and we will recognize that.

AFAIAC, this post is more than you deserve, but it is an opportunity to communicate some guidelines. Take from it what you will. I will not be giving any more warnings or advice to you.

SC

KaizenDo
Profile for KaizenDo
Re: Dear NoTypeR, Dear Jeff    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-20-2018 16:04
Understood and thanks, sir :)
Price
Profile for Price
Re: Dear NoTypeR, Dear Jeff    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-20-2018 22:34
Well stated. I admire your ability to eligatly convey your thoughts.
sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: Dear NoTypeR, Dear Jeff    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-21-2018 04:27
TonyEX wrote:

I got this itch to drive down to the dealer and have a conversation.

Whatever you do, DON'T drive it, you'll be gone........

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0