[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
American Honda Reports November Sales
More.......................
2019 Honda Passport Makes World Debut: Adventure-Ready All-New 5-passenger SUV at 2018 LA Auto Show
LIVE from Los Angeles: TOV's coverage of the 2019 Honda Passport reveal
First Look: DNA Collectibles releases Urban EV Concept 1:18 scale model
All-New 2019 Honda Passport Starts Adventure with Global Debut in Los Angeles
2019 CR-V goes on sale with few changes, nominal price increase
2019 Honda Civic Type R and Civic Hatchback Accelerate into Dealerships
American Honda Reports October Sales
RDX --> Re: RDX anecdote
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - Modifications --> Re: Rear Door Hack
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> And you thought you were the intended beneficiary of the proposed lower gas mileage rules...
Join Discussion......
Photoshops --> Re: Legend
Join Discussion......
Videos --> Re: The NSX replaces the ZR1
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Aston Martin Valkarie ICE (Cosworth Design)
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: TheStraightPipes youtube car channel reviews
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: " The Sedans are coming, the Sedans are coming! "
Join Discussion......
TSX --> Re: TSX+Conti Control Contact AS vs 9" snow
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Dispenser Issues and Infrared Interface
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: CR-V MMC guesses
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: "2019 Toyota Supra Is a BMW Parts Bin Car"
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: World Superbikes Ten Kate Team Bankrupt
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 22 mm Progressive Sway Bar on Civic Si
Join Discussion......
Videos --> Re: Vivid Racing Tune the NSX MkII
Join Discussion......
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Classifieds: Buy & Sell > > Re: 1999 Zanardi NSX 6MT, 2008 CR S2000 for sale

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1] 2
Author
  Post New Thread
HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
1999 Zanardi NSX 6MT, 2008 CR S2000 for sale    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-12-2018 18:10
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Here are 2 GEMS from the past that are very rare.

The NSX has a click over 22,000 miles XT000159

The S2000 has a click over 6,000 miles

If I had a way to place a video here with CoVideo I could show it....

Video

Last edited by JeffX on 06-12-2018 19:13
anime_man24
Profile for anime_man24
Re: 1999 Zanardi NSX 6MT, 2008 CR S2000 for sale    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-12-2018 19:57
https://videos.covideo.com/videos/19391_62390_152883880318635_4e9d933ea3c3af84e87c15ca221cef531528839235.mp4

Video link above.

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: 1999 Zanardi NSX 6MT, 2008 CR S2000 for sale    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-12-2018 22:53
Who in the heck is Andrew Charielle?

Isn't your name Andrew Chiarelli?

HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
Re: 1999 Zanardi NSX 6MT, 2008 CR S2000 for sale    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-13-2018 11:08
When my grandfather came here from Italy in 1920 they changed his name from Chiarelli TO Charielle. Because of the discrimination of Italians, a French man at Ellis Island changed it. Telling him Italians are the dirt from the ground and having a French name will get him a job and a better future.... Penske will not allow me to use the Chiarelli on my card.........
superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: 1999 Zanardi NSX 6MT, 2008 CR S2000 for sale    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-13-2018 12:21
HONDA AFVM wrote:
When my grandfather came here from Italy in 1920 they changed his name from Chiarelli TO Charielle. Because of the discrimination of Italians, a French man at Ellis Island changed it. Telling him Italians are the dirt from the ground and having a French name will get him a job and a better future.... Penske will not allow me to use the Chiarelli on my card.........

You have got to be kidding me!

Why would Penske not allow you to use your true name on your card? 102 years later, it sounds like discrimination of Italians may still be alive and well at your dealership.

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: 1999 Zanardi NSX 6MT, 2008 CR S2000 for sale    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-13-2018 12:23
superchg2 wrote:
HONDA AFVM wrote:

Why would Penske not allow you to use your true name on your card? 102 98 years later, it sounds like discrimination of Italians may still be alive and well at your dealership.

HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
Re: 1999 Zanardi NSX 6MT, 2008 CR S2000 for sale    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-13-2018 14:01
superchg2 wrote:
superchg2 wrote:
HONDA AFVM wrote:

Why would Penske not allow you to use your true name on your card? 102 98 years later, it sounds like discrimination of Italians may still be alive and well at your dealership.

They want your actual name.........

So, lets drop this subject..... Back to the cars at hand...... :)

cksi1372
Profile for cksi1372
Re: 1999 Zanardi NSX 6MT, 2008 CR S2000 for sale    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-13-2018 14:15
They should play up an Italian guy pushing German autos...ha. Do the French even make a performance car worth mentioning? :)

Anyway, what's the NSX going for? The S2K? They both look awesome, but wish the S2k were a different color. Hope things continue to go well for you at Porsche!

HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
PRICING for the 1999 Zanardi NSX 6MT, 2008 CR S2000 for sale    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-13-2018 14:58
cksi1372 wrote:
They should play up an Italian guy pushing German autos...ha. Do the French even make a performance car worth mentioning? :)

Anyway, what's the NSX going for? The S2K? They both look awesome, but wish the S2k were a different color. Hope things continue to go well for you at Porsche!

Bugatti Veyron is a French car.......lol

Zanardi NSX $179,991

S2000 CR $59,991

+ $250 Doc fee, $33.50 for temp tag and title (if we collect tax in your state, that goes is added to the above. If not you will be responsible for the tax in your state.) I will have a list of all the added MODS to the S2000 and the NSX.

notyper
Profile for notyper
Re: PRICING for the 1999 Zanardi NSX 6MT, 2008 CR S2000 for sale    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-13-2018 17:56
Both those cars belonged to the same person, a customer of mine here in Los Angeles. Not sure the CR is worth that much, but the Zanardi is probably not far off. It is absolutely beautiful.

Why did my customer sell those cars off? He wanted a new GT2RS.......

SC

silverf16
Profile for silverf16
Re: PRICING for the 1999 Zanardi NSX 6MT, 2008 CR S2000 for sale    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-13-2018 18:06
GT3 pricing on a 20 year old NSX.

How many 20 year old Porsches can command this price.

It's going to park for a while. If it moves at that price, I think that's a 100k profit.

As for the CR, you can pick them up for a lot less that what you are asking.

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: PRICING for the 1999 Zanardi NSX 6MT, 2008 CR S2000 for sale    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-13-2018 18:22
silverf16 wrote:

It's going to park for a while. If it moves at that price, I think that's a 100k profit.

Is this the same car? https://www.flickr.com/photos/sterlingsackey/sets/72157676863712474

I saw it was listed last year on a Ferrari board for $179k

notyper
Profile for notyper
Re: PRICING for the 1999 Zanardi NSX 6MT, 2008 CR S2000 for sale    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-13-2018 18:30
silverf16 wrote:

Not even close. I know what the last owner paid for it, and there's no way he let it go for $80k. $120k on trade in maybe. I haven't asked what he sold it for and I wouldn't say out of courtesy anyways.

I don't know if its the same car as Jeff spotted, but all the Zanardi's are going for well over $100k private party these days (if you can find one). Don't forget that it's 1 of what, 50 cars? A rarity even for an NSX.

SC

SC

HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
Re: PRICING for the 1999 Zanardi NSX 6MT, 2008 CR S2000 for sale    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-13-2018 19:15
silverf16 wrote:

Please, this isn't the way we work. The price is market value and it is a documented car, every part that was put on that car and the CR I have to send to anyone who is serious about buying 1 or both. 2 Beautiful examples of Honda Racing history.

The CR has a modification list pages long, Supercharger, suspension.... Every car is for someone and if I didn't post them here, I would feel I'm not doing the crowd I have been a part of for so long a fair chance to acquire one of these legends.

Hope someone here buys one of both of these cars so we can here the joy filled days you spend driving or racing them.

silverf16
Profile for silverf16
Re: PRICING for the 1999 Zanardi NSX 6MT, 2008 CR S2000 for sale    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-13-2018 23:59
The highest prices S2000 on CARS.com is $38999.

Highest priced NSX at used cars dealership is $108K for orange 2002 at 20K miles and $103K for 2005 at 16K miles. These 2 units are at the higher end of the price range. Most late model units are priced close to $80-$90K. Perhaps some buyer may find the Zanardi is worth a $100K more over a late model NSX. But do let us know when it sells.

Since both CR and Zanardi have some collector value, modifications on these cars does not mean all buyers are willing to pay more for them versus a stock unit. Because of their limited built quantity, I find modified cars to be less desirable, and in the long run, market value won't likely hold up as well as a unmodified unit.

I think the Zanardi seller got $80K for it on trade. I don't think I'm that far off. Not all sellers will can get top dollar on trade at a Porsche dealer. And for state tax, he gets to deduct the entire trade in value of both cars from the price of the new 911, which is another $10k saved from taxes.

I think the dealership priced the NSX and CR cars quite high. But there are always willing buyers out there.

What kind of ADM are you asking for GT3 buyers? I am hearing $20-30K are not uncommon.

silverf16
Profile for silverf16
Re: PRICING for the 1999 Zanardi NSX 6MT, 2008 CR S2000 for sale    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-14-2018 00:27
Prime has a Zanardi thread. As of a couple months ago, between insurance and owners, they insure the Zanardi for $120K through Haggerty insurance.

Some of them value it at $115K. These are the prices that owners and insurance agree to value it at. You may have a tough time getting insurance to value it at $179k. Unless it is a 2018 NSX.

silverf16
Profile for silverf16
Re: PRICING for the 1999 Zanardi NSX 6MT, 2008 CR S2000 for sale    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-14-2018 00:50
Valuation on Zanardi NSX per Hagerty:

$107K for excellent condition (#2). Excellent condition is: #2 vehicles could win a local or regional show. They can be former #1 vehicles that have been driven or have aged. Seasoned observers will have to look closely for flaws, but will be able to find some not seen by the general public. The paint, chrome, glass and finishes will all appear as excellent. No excessive smoke will be seen on startup, no unusual noises will emanate from the engine. The vehicle will drive as a new vehicle of its era would. The one word description for #2 vehicles is "excellent."

Now, if it is "Best in the World" condition, termed as Concours condition, which by definition is: "Condition #1 vehicles are the best in the world. The visual image is of the best vehicle, in the right colors, driving onto the lawn at the finest concours. Perfectly clean, the vehicle has been groomed down to the tire treads. Painted and chromed surfaces are mirror-like. Dust and dirt are banned, and materials used are correct and superbly fitted. The one word description for #1 vehicles is "concours.". If you have one of these, which is best condition of the 50 units produced, it is worth $135K.

Beechwood at $179K is for speculative market.

https://www.hagerty.com/apps/valuationtools/1999-Acura-NSX-3.2L_Zanardi_Edition

cksi1372
Profile for cksi1372
Re: PRICING for the 1999 Zanardi NSX 6MT, 2008 CR S2000 for sale    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-14-2018 10:19
HONDA AFVM wrote:
cksi1372 wrote:

Zanardi NSX $179,991

S2000 CR $59,991

+ $250 Doc fee, $33.50 for temp tag and title (if we collect tax in your state, that goes is added to the above. If not you will be responsible for the tax in your state.) I will have a list of all the added MODS to the S2000 and the NSX.

I guess...Italian founder and started in Germany, so the French get little credit, but I may also be biased being Italian and German. Ha!

Thanks for posting the info...sorry, didn't mean to generate a price debate on here for you. GLWS, you get to see some great vehicles!

notyper
Profile for notyper
Re: PRICING for the 1999 Zanardi NSX 6MT, 2008 CR S2000 for sale    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-14-2018 11:37
silverf16 wrote:

I think the Zanardi seller got $80K for it on trade. I don't think I'm that far off. Not all sellers will can get top dollar on trade at a Porsche dealer. And for state tax, he gets to deduct the entire trade in value of both cars from the price of the new 911, which is another $10k saved from taxes.

lol, no. You're quite wrong. He wouldn't have let the Zanardi go for $80k, he would've sold something else from his collection. And living in California as the owner does, he's going to get screwed on the new car regardless of what state he buys it in (assuming he actually bought a GT2RS from Beechwood).

The S2000 was one of several he owned, so getting rid of that was not a big deal (and yes it was heavily modded).

SC

HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
Re: PRICING for the 1999 Zanardi NSX 6MT, 2008 CR S2000 for sale    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-15-2018 08:51
silverf16 wrote:
Valuation on Zanardi NSX per Hagerty:

$107K for excellent condition (#2). Excellent condition is: #2 vehicles could win a local or regional show. They can be former #1 vehicles that have been driven or have aged. Seasoned observers will have to look closely for flaws, but will be able to find some not seen by the general public. The paint, chrome, glass and finishes will all appear as excellent. No excessive smoke will be seen on startup, no unusual noises will emanate from the engine. The vehicle will drive as a new vehicle of its era would. The one word description for #2 vehicles is "excellent."

Now, if it is "Best in the World" condition, termed as Concours condition, which by definition is: "Condition #1 vehicles are the best in the world. The visual image is of the best vehicle, in the right colors, driving onto the lawn at the finest concours. Perfectly clean, the vehicle has been groomed down to the tire treads. Painted and chromed surfaces are mirror-like. Dust and dirt are banned, and materials used are correct and superbly fitted. The one word description for #1 vehicles is "concours.". If you have one of these, which is best condition of the 50 units produced, it is worth $135K.

Beechwood at $179K is for speculative market.

https://www.hagerty.com/apps/valuationtools/1999-Acura-NSX-3.2L_Zanardi_Edition

Thank you, looks like you have it all figured out. I'll keep you posted.

HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
Re: PRICING for the 1999 Zanardi NSX 6MT, 2008 CR S2000 for sale    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-15-2018 09:11
cksi1372 wrote:
HONDA AFVM wrote:
cksi1372 wrote:

Zanardi NSX $179,991

S2000 CR $59,991

I guess...Italian founder and started in Germany, so the French get little credit, but I may also be biased being Italian and German. Ha!

Thanks for posting the info...sorry, didn't mean to generate a price debate on here for you. GLWS, you get to see some great vehicles!

No worries brother.

gofast182
Profile for gofast182
Re: PRICING for the 1999 Zanardi NSX 6MT, 2008 CR S2000 for sale    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-15-2018 10:50
Sorry but if you're asking that for a CR, it had better have every single OE component on it with no evidence of them ever having been removed.
HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
Who did the MODS on the cars..    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-16-2018 14:04
Speed of Science did the NSX

Church Automotive did the CR

Both cars are 100% clear wrapped. The OEM parts are with the car boxed. These cars are done to the highest of standards by the 2 best of the best......

I listed these cars on here for sale because this is an enthusiast site and I expected those of us who know what these cars are would be excited.

There are 49 Zanardi NSX's in the world There are 699 CR's made in 2 years. We have 2 of the most rare and sought after Honda and Acura products on the market. I am offering them to TOV members. I would love to be able to hear feedback here if a TOV member buys one so we can all enjoy reading about it.

Thank you for your response and I hope someone here buys one of both so they can have a peice of Honda racing history.

Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: Who did the MODS on the cars..    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-16-2018 14:47
Thanks for those, Andrew - they are beautiful examples.

Honda attention to detail; the Zanardis (et al) get a black cover for the top of the expansion tank, in order to prevent the sunlight degrading the polyurethane tank due to the lack of an engine cover. I love that sort of shi'.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: 1999 Zanardi NSX 6MT, 2008 CR S2000 for sale    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-22-2018 19:42
HONDA AFVM wrote:
superchg2 wrote:
superchg2 wrote:
HONDA AFVM wrote:

They want your actual name.........

So, lets drop this subject..... Back to the cars at hand...... :)

Probably because the Azzurri didn't make it to this WC, but les Franšais are?

silverf16
Profile for silverf16
Re: 1999 Zanardi NSX 6MT, 2008 CR S2000 for sale    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-23-2018 00:14
It is a good looking car. Very clean.

https://www.porschebeachwood.com/detail-1999-acura-nsx-alex_zanardi_edition-used-17769603.html

Caveat for collectors looking for OEM - All the wheels shown on these pictures are either not stock for Zanardi Edition or is missing. All 6 wheels.

The 4 wheels are nicer looking than OEM Zanardi, but not the original.
The spare wheel/tire assembly under the front hatch is missing.
The steering wheel isn't OEM Zanardi, hence missing the driver airbag. It appears to be JDM Type S steering wheel.

Is the spare wheel missing or just removed?
Does owner have the OEM wheels (Both the steering wheel and 4 driving wheels)

Good news is that these OEM parts can be bought at dealers.

Zanardi wheel - $1800 front and $2000 rear. Retail price for each wheel

OEM steering wheel Assy with Airbag - Around $2000

OEM Spare time assy/kit - $900

These parts can be bought online at a 30% discount

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: 1999 Zanardi NSX 6MT, 2008 CR S2000 for sale    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-23-2018 00:42
silverf16 wrote:

https://www.porschebeachwood.com/detail-1999-acura-nsx-alex_zanardi_edition-used-17769603.html

Caveat for collectors looking for OEM - All the wheels shown on these pictures are either not stock for Zanardi Edition or is missing. All 6 wheels.

The steering wheel isn't OEM Zanardi, hence missing the driver airbag. It appears to be JDM Type S steering wheel.

There goes the premium price.

HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
Re: 1999 Zanardi NSX 6MT, 2008 CR S2000 for sale    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-23-2018 11:12
We have all the OEM parts that can be put back on, steering wheel and other parts are from the Type R.
HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
Re: 1999 Zanardi NSX 6MT, 2008 CR S2000 for sale    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-23-2018 11:56
silverf16 wrote:

As I mentioned, we have all the OEM Parts for the NSX and Most all for the CR. Both cars are in incredible shape and are completely wrapped in Clear Bra......

There is no concern among collectors about the changes on both cars because of the OEM parts that come with the cars. Enjoy them as they are of OEM them, your choice, nobody on the market today as far as I can fine can offer that...... and they are both stand tall cars.......Someone will buy them for sure.... :)

Fishbulb
Profile for Fishbulb
Re: 1999 Zanardi NSX 6MT, 2008 CR S2000 for sale    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-23-2018 12:44
Doesn't the buy and sell section specifically mention no commercial posts?

Thread Page - [1] 2
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0