[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
NSX GT3 Evo To Compete Globally in 2019
More.......................
2019 Acura ILX Arrives with Dynamic New Styling, Major Technology Upgrades and New A-Spec Treatment
Honda Joins with Cruise and General Motors to Build New Autonomous Vehicle
Honda reports September 2018 sales numbers
Honda recalling 232,000 2018 Accords and 2019 Insights for rear camera software update
2019 Accord arriving in showrooms by November
Is a base trim of the Civic Type R finally arriving for MY 2019? (More MY2019 info inside)
Team Honda Research wins ST2 at NASA Nationals with their NC1 NSX
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2018 United States Grand Prix Race Spoilers
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Top Gear: Here's what seven months living with a Honda Civic Type R is like
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Accord 2.0 Touring: First Impressions
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> So they took apart a Tesla 3 and found.......
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: CR-V Hybrid 4wd iMMD
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: Drove one over the weekend...
Join Discussion......
IMA/Hybrids --> Re: Check IMA System light is on - what could it mean?
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: DMV Stickers, we don't need no stinking stickers
Join Discussion......
S2000 --> Bridgewater Acura Meet
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> Re: Honda to bring mystery off-road truck to 2018 SEMA
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2018 MotoGP
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: Switch Wheels 2019 RDX Tech to Advance ????
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: evo's best Japanese cars, 5 new, 5 old
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Engineering Explained on the CTR and its motor
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: European CO2 madness and why electromobility is pointless
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Professional Motorsports > > Re: Super GT 2018 - Suzuka

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
Midi_Amp
Profile for Midi_Amp
Super GT 2018 - Suzuka    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-27-2018 22:01
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Jenson Button with Team Kunimitsu now leads the championship by 1 point. Honda NSX has been dominating the race so far, with 1-2 NSX win on the first race and again 1-2 NSX win on the third race.

I know it's still early and anything could happen, but comparing to last year results, the NSX is absolutely stunning this year. For the record, the NSX only win is on the fifth race with Arta NSX. Which at that point, the past leading cars already got weight handicapped to high heaven. With the Team Kunimitsu NSX scoring 2nd twice in three race, it should show the car is quite developed.

The big question is, what has been developed? I don't know much about Super GT car development other than stated in Wikipedia. All I know is that Super GT is highly regulated, with common parts galore and limited aero development above certain height, meaning their aero development is strictly anything below the door or something.

sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: Super GT 2018 - Suzuka    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-28-2018 00:50
Midi_Amp wrote:
The big question is, what has been developed? I don't know much about Super GT car development other than stated in Wikipedia. All I know is that Super GT is highly regulated, with common parts galore and limited aero development above certain height, meaning their aero development is strictly anything below the door or something.

Wong used to be our go to man when it came to SuperGT, but I haven't seen anything form him in years......

Perhaps Rolled can give some background?

Midi_Amp
Profile for Midi_Amp
Re: Super GT 2018 - Suzuka    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-28-2018 09:43
sadlerau wrote:
Midi_Amp wrote:

Wong used to be our go to man when it came to SuperGT, but I haven't seen anything form him in years......

Perhaps Rolled can give some background?

Wong is a bit preoccupied with life and work, at least that's what I gather the last time I had a private conversation with him.

I just downloaded the Super GT primer from their website and indeed the aero development allowed is anything below halfway line of the door and bumper area. So that explains the crazy side skirt and aero bits, I thought that was the unintended consequence from using the regulated carbon tub.

Still though, I'm curious with the development of this year NSX and why they underperformed before.

RolledaNsx
Profile for RolledaNsx
Re: Super GT 2018 - Suzuka    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-28-2018 12:24
NSX development this year.

1)They finally have the most powerful engine now(F1 Pre-Chamber Tech).Proof is finally beating Toyota in Super Formula this year(in the past Honda was just mid-field and now they have 2-3 cars at the top off the time-sheets) SGT and SF use same engine.

2)It has better CG now(move everything they could lower) but might have problems on very hot days(over heating and lower power).

3)It still has problems at long strait tracks(drag and weight).

sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: Super GT 2018 - Suzuka    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-28-2018 14:50
Thanks Rolled. :)
RolledaNsx
Profile for RolledaNsx
Re: Super GT 2018 - Suzuka    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-28-2018 18:55
But the NSX will always have problems getting heat into the front tires because it is MR(37% to 40%-63% to 60% weight balance) and the tires are designed for FR(50-53% front weight).
Midi_Amp
Profile for Midi_Amp
Re: Super GT 2018 - Suzuka    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-28-2018 20:17
Thanks Rolled. That explains a lot. There's no way aero development alone can put the NSX on the spotlight like that.

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0