[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Spied on the Street! 2019 Pilot and Pilot PHEV mule
More.......................
All-New 2019 Honda Insight Brings Style, Sophistication and 55 mpg City Rating
It's Official: Honda to supply Red Bull Racing in Formula One from 2019
Will the next-gen TLX bring back double wishbones? Or a Plugin Hybrid model?
Acura tackles Pikes Peak with 2019 RDX, NSX, and TLX entries
Honda Partners on General Motorsí Next Gen Battery Development
Trucks Set Records as Core Products Deliver American Honda May Sales Gains
First in a Generation: All-New 2019 Acura RDX Arrives in Showrooms June 1
RDX --> Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2019 Volvo S60
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2019 Chevy Blazer Revealed As A Sporty Crossover
Join Discussion......
Classifieds: Buy & Sell --> Re: 1999 Zanardi NSX 6MT, 2008 CR S2000 for sale
Join Discussion......
MDX --> Re: Camera directed car toward oncoming traffic after windshield replacement
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Nikkei: Battery wars: Japan teams up for next-gen electric cars
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2018 French Grand Prix
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2018 World Cup
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Next gen RLX and ILX
Join Discussion......
Insight --> Re: 3rd Generation Honda Insight Reviews
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Some juicy Acura info!!!
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Accord 2.0T Touring or Kia Stinger 2.0T Premium?
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Autobild report: Red Bull switching to Honda
Join Discussion......
TOV Asia --> Re: JP CR-V to debut with 1.5L iMMD, 3rd row option
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Today's Reading Links > > Re: Genesis GT90 coupe

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
Jovian8
Profile for Jovian8
Genesis GT90 coupe    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-24-2018 21:07
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
https://www.caranddriver.com/features/2021-genesis-gt90-a-top-tier-coupe-to-steer-the-brand

NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: Genesis GT90 coupe    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-24-2018 22:57
Wow! Hope that's the real deal!
Maximania
Profile for Maximania
Re: Genesis GT90 coupe    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-24-2018 23:50

Reminds me of the Infiniti Q60 but better in every way

LudeLeRoy
Profile for LudeLeRoy
Re: Genesis GT90 coupe    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-25-2018 08:16
*Sigh*.
Another interesting or desirable "sport" car offering from Hyundai/Kia... meanwhile Honda/Acura is offering us a consistent soundtrack of crickets (besides CTR).

I see Aston Martin influence as well. If this was a new Prelude or more likely CL-S type Acura I'd be all over it...but since it's a Hyundai, I'm good.

While Honda remains slow and conservative with its new offerings (save for the CTR). I finally picked up an S2000. Thank god Honda offers 10-20 years old (used) cars that I still desire. 😁 Too bad 1st gen. NSXs have gone from a reasonable consideration to unobtainium (for me and the average man) In the last Few years.

Heres to hoping that some decade we get lust-worthy offerings from Acura - both aesthetically and dynamically pleasing. Of course with a Prelude and S2000 successor mixed in there soon after.

Hondu
Profile for Hondu
Re: Genesis GT90 coupe    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-25-2018 08:39
LudeLeRoy wrote:
*Sigh*.
Another interesting or desirable "sport" car offering from Hyundai/Kia... meanwhile Honda/Acura is offering us a consistent soundtrack of crickets (besides CTR).

I see Aston Martin influence as well. If this was a new Prelude or more likely CL-S type Acura I'd be all over it...but since it's a Hyundai, I'm good.

While Honda remains slow and conservative with its new offerings (save for the CTR). I finally picked up an S2000. Thank god Honda offers 10-20 years old (used) cars that I still desire. 😁 Too bad 1st gen. NSXs have gone from a reasonable consideration to unobtainium (for me and the average man) In the last Few years.

Heres to hoping that some decade we get lust-worthy offerings from Acura - both aesthetically and dynamically pleasing. Of course with a Prelude and S2000 successor mixed in there soon after.

While it looks promising, it isn't actually here and an "offering" just yet...

THX17201
Profile for THX17201
Re: Genesis GT90 coupe    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-25-2018 09:00
Hondu wrote:

I like its chances better than an Acura LOL!

Hondu
Profile for Hondu
Re: Genesis GT90 coupe    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-25-2018 12:11
THX17201 wrote:
Hondu wrote:

I like its chances better than an Acura LOL!

Yeah, sadly I would agree.

Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: Genesis GT90 coupe    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-25-2018 14:12
LudeLeRoy wrote:
*Sigh*.

Congratulations, S2000LeRoy!

Hondarulez
Profile for Hondarulez
Re: Genesis GT90 coupe    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-25-2018 15:51
LudeLeRoy wrote:
*Sigh*.

How about the new NSX? Bespoke engine, unique powertrain, attractive exterior, MR layout, doesn't count because it's too expensive?

Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: Genesis GT90 coupe    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-25-2018 16:02
Hondarulez wrote:
LudeLeRoy wrote:
*Sigh*.

How about the new NSX? Bespoke engine, unique powertrain, attractive exterior, MR layout, doesn't count because it's too expensive?

Not inasmuch too expensive, but too wide, too fast and too...something undefinable. I might drive it and change my mind, but it's just not the old one, for the time being.

THX17201
Profile for THX17201
Re: Genesis GT90 coupe    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-25-2018 16:53
Hondarulez wrote:

Maybe because it doesn't fit the man-maximum/machine-minimum mantra?

LudeLeRoy
Profile for LudeLeRoy
Re: Genesis GT90 coupe    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-29-2018 22:35
Nick GravesX wrote:
LudeLeRoy wrote:
*Sigh*.

Thanks Nick! With 3 children and adult responsibilities it was a long time coming. I've had it for less than a month but was able to AutoCross it this past weekend and I'm enjoying it.

S2000LeRoy doesn't have the same ring to it nor does it have the double meaning... I'll have to work on that.

I think the G2 NSX is great (from what I've read and seen in videos) - and if in a vacuum. But if it could be lighter, less complicated and less expensive (a manual would be a bonus too) it would be more comparable to the 1st gen and more relevant the to me.

I haven't read up on this Genesis product but it looks like it's a RWD sport coupe in the $70k price range. Honda needs to hurry up with an S2000 successor ($40-55k - cheaper if they go more MX5 market) if they'll actually build one which sounds doubtful as of late. Otherwise surprise us with a platform that can be a SHAWD Prelude ($40-50k) and a CL-S/TLX/ILX or G35/G37 type sport coupe with RWD/SHAWD in the $40-70k range. As others have said there's too huge of a gap between the sport offering of CTR and NSX. If they would only offer midrange sport products they'd almost certainly sell more cars and built both brands perceived excitement and make the more mundane Honda's seem better by association.

NSX can successfully act as a Halo car that we can look up to (includng limited Ed. $200-300k Type R's) - IF and only If - there are also other more attainable sports products below for middle class folks to realistically aspire to own. Not everyone can be a millionaire and not everyone else wants to "settle" for a FWD civic-based car (yes, I know the CTR awesome) with in your face styling.

Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: Genesis GT90 coupe    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-30-2018 06:56
LudeLeRoy wrote:
Nick GravesX wrote:
LudeLeRoy wrote:
*Sigh*.

Thanks Nick! With 3 children and adult responsibilities it was a long time coming. I've had it for less than a month but was able to AutoCross it this past weekend and I'm enjoying it.

S2000LeRoy doesn't have the same ring to it nor does it have the double meaning... I'll have to work on that.

I think the G2 NSX is great (from what I've read and seen in videos) - and if in a vacuum. But if it could be lighter, less complicated and less expensive (a manual would be a bonus too) it would be more comparable to the 1st gen and more relevant the to me.

I haven't read up on this Genesis product but it looks like it's a RWD sport coupe in the $70k price range. Honda needs to hurry up with an S2000 successor ($40-55k - cheaper if they go more MX5 market) if they'll actually build one which sounds doubtful as of late. Otherwise surprise us with a platform that can be a SHAWD Prelude ($40-50k) and a CL-S/TLX/ILX or G35/G37 type sport coupe with RWD/SHAWD in the $40-70k range. As others have said there's too huge of a gap between the sport offering of CTR and NSX. If they would only offer midrange sport products they'd almost certainly sell more cars and built both brands perceived excitement and make the more mundane Honda's seem better by association.

NSX can successfully act as a Halo car that we can look up to (includng limited Ed. $200-300k Type R's) - IF and only If - there are also other more attainable sports products below for middle class folks to realistically aspire to own. Not everyone can be a millionaire and not everyone else wants to "settle" for a FWD civic-based car (yes, I know the CTR awesome) with in your face styling.

I realised immediately after posting that S2KLeRoy scans better.

If you wanted to retain the double entendre, you ought to have bought an NSX! There aren't enough Hondas with lewd names.

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0