[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Honda announces changes for 2019 Civic, including new Sport trim
More.......................
When is the 2019 Accord arriving in showrooms? Maybe not until 2019
American Honda Reports July Sales Results
Official statement from Honda concerning flooding of Celaya factory
News from the dealer side: 2019 HR-V, Fit, and Insight production impacted due to flooding in Celaya
2019 Honda HR-V updated with styling tweaks, Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, and available Honda Sensing
2019 Acura MDX Arrives with Luxury and Performance Upgrades Plus First A-Spec Variant
SPIED IN EUROPE! Civic Type R refresh
Today's Reading Links --> Re: 2009 Honda S2000 Edition 100
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: Odds of a hatchback SiR?
Join Discussion......
Sales Experiences --> Re: Questions regarding: lease, then buy option
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: The FB Clarity FCEV group is full of shit
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: C&D,The 2019 Honda Pilot Looks Tougher and Drives Better
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: Sat in an Advance - Complaints
Join Discussion......
Clarity --> Re: Clarity BEV
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Red Bull Racing Confirms Gasly for 2019
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> Re: Ridgeline outlasts Taco in Death Valley Torture Test
Join Discussion......
Photoshops --> hodge∑podge
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Cash incentives for the Canadian Accord?
Join Discussion......
Strictly Technical --> Re: CEL problems
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Accord 2.0 touring or TLX V6 Tech FWD
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Alonso Quits F1
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Alaska Airlines plane hijacked
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > RDX > > Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8
Author
  Post New Thread
bnilhome
Profile for bnilhome
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-16-2018 12:38
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
ding wrote:
I will take a loaded Subaru Ascent for less money that the base with options RDX

I attended the Chicago auto show and looked at all vehicles and the Ascent was one I came away very impressed with. I think it will be a good rival for the Pilot, but I do not see it as a competitor for the RDX at all. The RDX is more targeting the Q5, X3/5, and Lexus RX/NX in my mind.

tsxfan19
Profile for tsxfan19
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-16-2018 13:38
Another video - I don't know if it's been posted in another thread.

This is the official mass production launch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGNRlBcQ2t8

CanTeX
Profile for CanTeX
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-16-2018 13:53
That red color is a winner for me, Granted, though, that we see it in bright color-tuned factory lighting. Not the same as in the wild. But still...
TSX69
Profile for TSX69
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-25-2018 13:25
What Has Improved in the 2019 Acura RDX? These are the Top 10 Features [Video]
We saw the prototype in Detroit and the production model in New York. Now, itís time to try out the 2019 Acura RDX in the real world. All new for this model year, the RDX gets the updates it badly needed to bring it up to date with the rest of its competition. That competition is fierce as well, as the compact luxury crossover market houses some of the most powerful names in the business. Volvo, BMW, Audi, Mercedes-Benz, Lexus, Infiniti Ė everyoneís here.

For the 2019 Acura RDX to successfully fight the headwinds it inevitably faces in such a hotly contested market, it doesnít just have to look different. It has to drive and feel different as well. So does it? Here are our Top 10 Things You Need to Know about the all-new Acura RDX.

tsxfan19
Profile for tsxfan19
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-25-2018 15:25
I'm pretty impressed with the graphics on the new center display. Take a look at the guy from TFL switch drive modes https://youtu.be/i2H8GNku0mE?t=2m53s

Even the larger screen between the gauges has better resolution and graphics than anything in Acura's past.
https://youtu.be/i2H8GNku0mE?t=1m7s

Hondarulez
Profile for Hondarulez
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-25-2018 15:57
It went from having the worst infotainment to one of the best.

The interior took a giant leap forward too.

All the while keeping the key strengths of the current RDX with really good practicality (spacious interior and cargo space).

The tech features also look really promising.

RagZ
Profile for RagZ
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-26-2018 10:10
Two other videos - not sure if already posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ht1MGdi4vbM&t=20s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbO8aGJm8hQ&t=17s

TSX69
Profile for TSX69
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-28-2018 08:38

TSX69
Profile for TSX69
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-28-2018 08:39

CivicSi99
Profile for CivicSi99
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-28-2018 12:38
Touchpad Review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScWOFtlLCyI

CivicSi99
Profile for CivicSi99
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-28-2018 12:54

TSX69
Profile for TSX69
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-29-2018 08:02
2019 Acura RDX will get Android Auto but not until after it's launched

Yes you'll have to wait, but the wait won't be long.

Parent company Honda offers both Android Auto and Apple CarPlay on its Android-based HondaLink display audio software. The new AcuraLink software is also Android-based, so it's not a stretch to assume Honda and Acura's systems share core software bones. This should have made porting features such as smartphone mirroring a snap. So why doesn't the 2019 Acura RDX offer Android Auto?

It turns out that Acura's new and novel control scheme is at the heart of the issue. Android Auto works well with traditional touchscreen setups (such as Honda's system) or physical rotary controllers (such as Audi's MMI system), but it doesn't play nicely with the new True Touch controller... yet.

TSX69
Profile for TSX69
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-29-2018 08:27
https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2019-acura-rdx-pricing-announced-starts-at-37300/
The 2019 RDX will start at $37,300 for the base model before a $995 destination charge applied to all models. That's the same price as the 2018 model year's base plus the optional AcuraWatch driver aid suite. That's convenient considering that AcuraWatch is now standard on all 2019 RDX models. Technically, this means the RDX's starting price is unchanged when you account for the additional equipment.
2019 Acura RDX

TSX69
Profile for TSX69
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-29-2018 08:49

Brutus
Profile for Brutus
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-29-2018 11:52
Love this interior. All these looks at this RDX just make me jealous for upgrading my MDX and the slowness of the technology.

B.

NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-29-2018 16:29
I appreciate this being an all-new vehicle, but unless one upgrades to 19s or A-Spec, visually is does not do more than look contemporary with the competition.

Perhaps it's the SUV-ness, but once again I suspect this new design language to be a dead-end street. For being all-new, blank-slate, premium-brand, I don't see anything special here.

dydx
Profile for dydx
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-29-2018 16:37
That's what I said, too. In that video he's talking about how the RDX looks better than the competition, meanwhile I'm thinking it looks the least luxury, the least proportionate (headlights are huge relative to the car size) and while a step forward for the Acura brand when it comes to interior, I still find the Mercedes and Volvo interiors to be more upscale.
NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-29-2018 17:09
dydx wrote:
That's what I said, too. In that video he's talking about how the RDX looks better than the competition, meanwhile I'm thinking it looks the least luxury, the least proportionate (headlights are huge relative to the car size) and while a step forward for the Acura brand when it comes to interior, I still find the Mercedes and Volvo interiors to be more upscale.

Agreed. It's all about design as everyone's essentially pushing around the same bits and pieces.

Good design costs little more than bad design - if the palette-point-of-departure is workable, expandable, flexible and thematically consistent.

A design champion with good aesthetics and taste helps, too. ;-)

Hondarulez
Profile for Hondarulez
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-29-2018 17:37
Styling is quite subjective. The non A-spec trims do look kinda bland but the I feel the same for the base Q5 and GLC too, especially their rims.
magueto
Profile for magueto
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-29-2018 19:19
NealX wrote:
43.jpg[/img]
Perhaps it's the SUV-ness, but once again I suspect this new design language to be a dead-end street. For being all-new, blank-slate, premium-brand, I don't see anything special here.

Do you really was expecting something special from Dave Marek? Acura is for some reason "married till dead" with this guy, until then, all the designs are going to B- or B at most!!!

Vtec_rally
Profile for Vtec_rally
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-29-2018 21:16
I'll wait to read Jeff's review along with other points of view from credible automotive journalists before judging this car. I also want to see it in the flesh as well. I actually trust Jon Ikeda's leadership, I think he understands Acura's heritage and what the brand should represent. I just hope the Honda brass give him the resources to bring it across the board. The exterior design is by no means perfect but I'm not impressed by the RDX's competition at all, they all look really dull with the possible exception of the Volvo. I really like what they've done with the interior and the A-Spec in certain colours. The handling and engineering in general might be very promising.
smArt
Profile for smArt
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-29-2018 23:14

Civicb18
Profile for Civicb18
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-30-2018 05:37
I watched the video from RedLine reviews as he compared the RDX, Q5, X3, GLC and the Volvo. In the review (he couldnít give details about the RDX due to the embargo), the video really captured the sense of materials used and the overall design elements/execution vs pictures. What surprised me is that the RDX didnít do bad at all visually as it looked just as premium as the others. The Mercedes GLC (at least in the video) reminded me heavily of the CLAís interior of which I hate. It had a cheapness that I really couldnít put my finger on. The Volvo was ok but a bit bare. The BMW was good but some of the silver trim looked a bit plasticky. The Audi probabaly has the best interior but it didnít blow me away. The RDX was actually better than I though it would be and going by the sounds and shifting, the Q5 and the RDX seemed to be top of the pack in terms of drivetrains refinement, sound and overall drivetrain execution. Iíd give the Edge to that Audi as the 2.0t seemed to be a bit more eager, it sounded a bit more refined and the DCT snapped off quick shifts.

Personally I think the RDX could use a bit more detail inside and out but in my eyes, itís a MASSIVE improvement over the current bland, vanilla toaster that seems to sell well for some reason. In terms of the package as a whole, I think Acura hit the mark. It could use some work (and rear LED turn signals, I donít know why Acura only uses rear LED signals on the RLX and NSX..) but overall I think itís pretty damn good. I also think itíll be a great performer vs the competition with their base engines.

For those who were expecting Jesus to come back, remember Audi took a while before they really got their product right starting with the 1997 A4. It took several generations of product to get where they are now. I donít think itíll take Acura that long but for some reason Iím becoming more and more enthusiastic about the brand because Iím seeing a massive effort with the RDX. Things can only keep improving from here.

Grace141
Profile for Grace141
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-30-2018 07:49
smArt wrote:

The Audi shown is the SQ5?

smArt
Profile for smArt
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-30-2018 09:15
Grace141 wrote:

I think it's just the S line trim

RSX
Profile for RSX
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-30-2018 09:25
smArt wrote:
Grace141 wrote:

I think it's just the S line trim

A friend of mine had an A4 Avant and said he would never buy another because of the obtrusiveness of the 'transmission tunnel'. His knee always landed right on it. I can see that being an issue in the Audi pictured above as well.

danielgr
Profile for danielgr
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-30-2018 10:10
Brutus wrote:
Love this interior. All these looks at this RDX just make me jealous for upgrading my MDX and the slowness of the technology.

B.

Indeed, I would say nothing particularly nice outside (though certainly the new front fascia has a tone more character than anything before, and fits well when parked among its competitors), but the interior seems considerably better than every other car on that video. I don't know how they feel in real life, but from a styling point of view that Volvo and the Mercedes are truly a pain to watch ... The Audi & BWM nothing I'd care for (nor from a usability point of view nor from a styling point of view).

So far it seems that Acura has a pretty competitive entry on the segment (I'm quite confident it'll get a ton of praise on its driving dynamics), which could only be let down by its brand cache.

GoFaster
Profile for GoFaster
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-30-2018 10:46
Per: I watched the video from RedLine reviews as he compared the RDX, Q5, X3, GLC and the Volvo. In the review (he couldnít give details about the RDX due to the embargo)

I had to laugh watching that review. Acura paid for journalist to review the competition and forbade them from reviewing their own product. So everyone now knows the Audi is the best, the BMW handles better than the rest, the Volvo lacks but not if you include their upper tier versions.

CanTeX
Profile for CanTeX
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-30-2018 14:59
I just watched a 10 minute YouTube video on how to operate the touchpad. They kept saying intuitive but I judge intuitive on how my non-techie wife would be able to understand it and operate it. Not good. It also appears it would be much easier to enter addresses in the nav system from the AcuraLink app on my iPhone than enter them via the touchpad. On my '17 it's a draw.

The video didn't get into the system screens so it's still an unknown how one would switch from miles/mpg to kilometers/kph on the MID. (My b.i.l. can do that on his 2014 Equinox, I cannot do it on my '17 RDX.) No video found yet on that. At the moment I'm trying to get a no-pressure visit with the dealer's tech-explainer but I'm afraid I'll get caught up in the "Have we got some awesome deals on a 2018 right now!!!" crowd (while enjoying the aftermath of the sales guy's lunch) and not achieve what I want.

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-30-2018 15:18
CanTeX wrote:
I just watched a 10 minute YouTube video on how to operate the touchpad. They kept saying intuitive but I judge intuitive on how my non-techie wife would be able to understand it and operate it. Not good. It also appears it would be much easier to enter addresses in the nav system from the AcuraLink app on my iPhone than enter them via the touchpad. On my '17 it's a draw.

The video didn't get into the system screens so it's still an unknown how one would switch from miles/mpg to kilometers/kph on the MID. (My b.i.l. can do that on his 2014 Equinox, I cannot do it on my '17 RDX.) No video found yet on that. At the moment I'm trying to get a no-pressure visit with the dealer's tech-explainer but I'm afraid I'll get caught up in the "Have we got some awesome deals on a 2018 right now!!!" crowd (while enjoying the aftermath of the sales guy's lunch) and not achieve what I want.

It's pretty straightforward to change the units on the trip computer. I did confirm that but I didn't get any video of that process. I can do it when I next get my hands on the car, if it's of interest. The speedo is fixed and you have tiny little metric hashes on the inner radius of the dial for your kph readings. It's not much movement to swing 20kph. I forgot to check, but I'm almost certain you can set the HUD to display everything in metric units. On the 2018 Accord, it definitely puts kph up on the HUD as well as on the IMID in the center of the gauges.

The RDX's natural voice interface works really well (not kidding!) so entering addresses is very easy that way. You can do it on the roll too. I didn't actually try dialing in any addresses through the touchpad since the voice worked so well the first time I tried it. But I will make a point of going through that process next time I get the chance.

Thread Page - 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0