[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Spied on the Street! 2019 Pilot and Pilot PHEV mule
More.......................
All-New 2019 Honda Insight Brings Style, Sophistication and 55 mpg City Rating
It's Official: Honda to supply Red Bull Racing in Formula One from 2019
Will the next-gen TLX bring back double wishbones? Or a Plugin Hybrid model?
Acura tackles Pikes Peak with 2019 RDX, NSX, and TLX entries
Honda Partners on General Motors’ Next Gen Battery Development
Trucks Set Records as Core Products Deliver American Honda May Sales Gains
First in a Generation: All-New 2019 Acura RDX Arrives in Showrooms June 1
MDX --> Re: Camera directed car toward oncoming traffic after windshield replacement
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2019 Chevy Blazer Revealed As A Sporty Crossover
Join Discussion......
Classifieds: Buy & Sell --> Re: 1999 Zanardi NSX 6MT, 2008 CR S2000 for sale
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2018 French Grand Prix
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2019 Volvo S60
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Nikkei: Battery wars: Japan teams up for next-gen electric cars
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2018 World Cup
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Next gen RLX and ILX
Join Discussion......
Insight --> Re: 3rd Generation Honda Insight Reviews
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Some juicy Acura info!!!
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Accord 2.0T Touring or Kia Stinger 2.0T Premium?
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Autobild report: Red Bull switching to Honda
Join Discussion......
TOV Asia --> Re: JP CR-V to debut with 1.5L iMMD, 3rd row option
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Fuel Cell Technology > > Re: Beat a Mirai to the H2 station last night New style H70 pumps

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - 1 [2]
Author
  Post New Thread
TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Beat a Mirai to the H2 station last night New style H70 pumps    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-20-2018 23:36
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
owequitit wrote:
TonyEX wrote:
owequitit wrote:
That said, I am all for getting as many H2 vehicles on the road as possible because the sooner that happens, the sooner the infrastructure to support them becomes viable, feasible and necessary. We can eventually move away from reformation and develop H2 using more efficient and green technologies.

Owe, forget the green and efficient stuff.

Once you've driven a car with an electric motor driving the wheels directly (forget ALL hybrids except iMMD) you find it very hard to go back to an ICE with its vibrations and slow transmission.

The immediate throttle response, the smoothness and quietness of the power train are simply intoxicating.

If Honda would only make an H2 car with the torque of a Tesla S or X... even if they charged 50K (expensive motors)... that would put the CTR to shame. Seriously.

Unless, of course, you got a true American Iron with enough torque and power to tow your house. But those are no longer being made.

Tony, I've driven electric cars and iMMD hybrids. Not impressed.

I much prefer a row-my-own box (funny how its ALWAYS in the gear I want it in) attached to a screaming a banshee of an engine.

The torque also gives the ILLUSION of speed. In many cases, they aren't that much faster and certainly not by as much as they feel.

Different strokes for different folks. My best friends has a 2017 Accord Hybrid. I am not really a fan 90% of the time. It's nice when putting through traffic in electric only, but as soon as it needs beans above 10MPH or the ICE has to come on to keep up, the effect is spoiled.

I'm also not terribly impressed with the RLX E-SH-SH-AWD or the NSX versus a lighter, higher ICE powered version. Give me the sticky tired, lightweight, high strung car any day. Probably why the 911 GT3 Touring is currently my personal favorite.

The immediate pull from 0-10 is what makes it so desirable. It works incredible wonders in stop and go traffic.

Now, try the Tesla... that sucker has a pull that puts just about any car to shame.

EVs drive very differently from an ICE/transmission. They may not be as fun, but they are very good. Heck, my wife was able to "chirp" the tires, at will, in a Fit EV.

owequitit
Profile for owequitit
Re: Beat a Mirai to the H2 station last night New style H70 pumps    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-21-2018 00:53
TonyEX wrote:
owequitit wrote:
TonyEX wrote:
owequitit wrote:
That said, I am all for getting as many H2 vehicles on the road as possible because the sooner that happens, the sooner the infrastructure to support them becomes viable, feasible and necessary. We can eventually move away from reformation and develop H2 using more efficient and green technologies.

Owe, forget the green and efficient stuff.

Once you've driven a car with an electric motor driving the wheels directly (forget ALL hybrids except iMMD) you find it very hard to go back to an ICE with its vibrations and slow transmission.

The immediate throttle response, the smoothness and quietness of the power train are simply intoxicating.

If Honda would only make an H2 car with the torque of a Tesla S or X... even if they charged 50K (expensive motors)... that would put the CTR to shame. Seriously.

Unless, of course, you got a true American Iron with enough torque and power to tow your house. But those are no longer being made.

Tony, I've driven electric cars and iMMD hybrids. Not impressed.

I much prefer a row-my-own box (funny how its ALWAYS in the gear I want it in) attached to a screaming a banshee of an engine.

The torque also gives the ILLUSION of speed. In many cases, they aren't that much faster and certainly not by as much as they feel.

Different strokes for different folks. My best friends has a 2017 Accord Hybrid. I am not really a fan 90% of the time. It's nice when putting through traffic in electric only, but as soon as it needs beans above 10MPH or the ICE has to come on to keep up, the effect is spoiled.

I'm also not terribly impressed with the RLX E-SH-SH-AWD or the NSX versus a lighter, higher ICE powered version. Give me the sticky tired, lightweight, high strung car any day. Probably why the 911 GT3 Touring is currently my personal favorite.

The immediate pull from 0-10 is what makes it so desirable. It works incredible wonders in stop and go traffic.

Now, try the Tesla... that sucker has a pull that puts just about any car to shame.

EVs drive very differently from an ICE/transmission. They may not be as fun, but they are very good. Heck, my wife was able to "chirp" the tires, at will, in a Fit EV.

The 0-10 pull is only impressive if you haven't driven something faster. My V6 Accord will stomp the shit out of my friend's hybrid if I don't overcook the launch.

The Tesla might get out of the hole really well, but it is AWD, and quickly runs out of steam above 100MPH. It is also a one trick pony really only being noteworthy in a straight line. But for $100K+ it better have something impressive.

In the end, I don't care. They are drama-less appliances that fundamentally exist to make green people happy about themselves. I am excited about the FCEV as a means to move technology forward, but I have no reservations about it being a completely rational and unemotional move.

Even if I got stomped by a Tesla Model S to 150MPH, I would still take a 911 GT3 Touring any day of the week, twice on Sunday and 700 times on Christmas day. It is more fun, it is cooler, it stirs the soul more and, at the end of the day, I can turn left and take it to a track and not overheat it.

Besides, if I really want constant thrust and speed, I just go to work.

KaizenDo
Profile for KaizenDo
Re: Beat a Mirai to the H2 station last night New style H70 pumps    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-21-2018 04:24
Oi Tony, how about you get an Joule Box? Then you can fill up at home and for the fun place a large sign "H2 refueling only for Hondas. Toyota drivers will be shot, electrocuted and shot again" ;)

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: Beat a Mirai to the H2 station last night New style H70 pumps    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-21-2018 12:41
KaizenDo wrote:
Oi Tony, how about you get an Joule Box? Then you can fill up at home and for the fun place a large sign "H2 refueling only for Hondas. Toyota drivers will be shot, electrocuted and shot again" ;)

And I'll bet your neighbor lady will be thrilled!!!

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Beat a Mirai to the H2 station last night New style H70 pumps    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-21-2018 16:35
It's back to the old argument, you're set in yours, I'm set in mine.

Thread Page - 1 [2]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0