[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Spied on the Street! 2019 Pilot and Pilot PHEV mule
More.......................
All-New 2019 Honda Insight Brings Style, Sophistication and 55 mpg City Rating
It's Official: Honda to supply Red Bull Racing in Formula One from 2019
Will the next-gen TLX bring back double wishbones? Or a Plugin Hybrid model?
Acura tackles Pikes Peak with 2019 RDX, NSX, and TLX entries
Honda Partners on General Motors’ Next Gen Battery Development
Trucks Set Records as Core Products Deliver American Honda May Sales Gains
First in a Generation: All-New 2019 Acura RDX Arrives in Showrooms June 1
General Talk --> Re: 2019 Volvo S60
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2019 Chevy Blazer Revealed As A Sporty Crossover
Join Discussion......
Classifieds: Buy & Sell --> Re: 1999 Zanardi NSX 6MT, 2008 CR S2000 for sale
Join Discussion......
MDX --> Re: Camera directed car toward oncoming traffic after windshield replacement
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Nikkei: Battery wars: Japan teams up for next-gen electric cars
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2018 French Grand Prix
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2018 World Cup
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Next gen RLX and ILX
Join Discussion......
Insight --> Re: 3rd Generation Honda Insight Reviews
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Some juicy Acura info!!!
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Accord 2.0T Touring or Kia Stinger 2.0T Premium?
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Autobild report: Red Bull switching to Honda
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews
Join Discussion......
TOV Asia --> Re: JP CR-V to debut with 1.5L iMMD, 3rd row option
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > RDX > > Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1] 2
Author
  Post New Thread
Hondarulez
Profile for Hondarulez
2019 RDX Trim Levels    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-19-2018 15:43
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Looks like these are the trim levels for the 2019 RDX:

chhan02
Profile for chhan02
Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-19-2018 21:39
Real wood and adaptive dampers only on the highest trim.

At the shows, they emphasized better material. "If it looks like wood, that's because it is real wood. If it looks like metal, that's because it is real metal." (Can't remember if quote is from a journalist or Acura). Not a deal breaker for me though.

I asked this before, but how well are the "Dynamic Modes" going to work without adaptive dampers? This new Precision interior and Acura heavily highlights the dynamic mode feature. The A-Spec should have at least had it. The $25k Si has it. I was expected it to be standard in all future Acuras. I found this to be disappointing.

Hondarulez
Profile for Hondarulez
Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-19-2018 21:56
Yea I wouldn't mind too much about not having real wood in other trims. I think it just means there's no wood trim in general until you get the highest trim.

But ya I wonder how well the dynamic mode will work without the adaptive suspension. I guess it will be focusing on throttle response, steering weight, torque vectoring aggressiveness?

I want the A spec but also the adaptive dampers and HUD. I think the a spec trim should have been a standalone pkg instead.

Hondatalover
Profile for Hondatalover
Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-19-2018 22:08
Why do they keep packaging their cars like that? Aspec should be a package, not trim.
Maxtierney
Profile for Maxtierney
Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-19-2018 22:16
A Spec = Appearance. Hopefully, the Type S will include adaptive dampers, HUD and everything else.

CivicSi99
Profile for CivicSi99
Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-19-2018 22:54
Maxtierney wrote:
A Spec = Appearance. Hopefully, the Type S will include adaptive dampers, HUD and everything else.

I agree. I think the Type S will basically be a Aspec loaded with everything. Similar to the G80 Sport. Sucks that you cant get the red leather and gauges with the HUD.

NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-19-2018 23:19
Every Acura should come with "Appearance" as standard.
dydx
Profile for dydx
Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-20-2018 12:46
Makes no sense. There are people who want wood trim, and those who don't. It should be available at all trim levels. It's only on the center console bin/lid and on the front doors, anyway. They don't even have any in the rear. Not to mention the metal trim actually looks good. It's probably equally desirable to shoppers. And 100% better than the swath of faux metal in the NSX.
madddog
Profile for madddog
Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-20-2018 13:17
The base has real metal trim. Is it possible the other trims except the Advance only come with the metal trim?
Mikeydred
Profile for Mikeydred
Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-20-2018 14:57
madddog wrote:
The base has real metal trim. Is it possible the other trims except the Advance only come with the metal trim?

Yes that's exactly how I read it, all other packages execept Advance get metal. I haven't checked but I hope they do not cheap out and exclude the wood and metal from the rear doors, that will show they haven't learned anything.

Our MDX Advance has the open pore wood and it's quite nice, definitely prefer it over the shiny stuff that you can't tell if it's real or not. Also hope they offer multiple choices of colors on the wood.

vh2k
Profile for vh2k
Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-20-2018 16:04
Biggest interior mistake is having the injection molded dash top on all trims — and not offering stitched material on the dash top like a GLC300 or Lexus models. In fact, even the Mazda CX-5 offers nice stitched material on the upper cash in the top trim for $37K. Injection molded is what you find on the $25K Honda Accord from 2013.
Mikeydred
Profile for Mikeydred
Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-20-2018 22:07
vh2k wrote:
Biggest interior mistake is having the injection molded dash top on all trims — and not offering stitched material on the dash top like a GLC300 or Lexus models. In fact, even the Mazda CX-5 offers nice stitched material on the upper cash in the top trim for $37K. Injection molded is what you find on the $25K Honda Accord from 2013.

There likely saving the nicer dash material for the MDX, with that being said, most manufacturers still use leatherette on the dash. Stitch dashes have to be done right or else just skip it as it can be harder to the touch, than the molded stuff.

owequitit
Profile for owequitit
Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-21-2018 00:55
vh2k wrote:

I disagree. As long as the material is well grained, soft touch and high quality, I much prefer the "injection molded" skinned dash.

I have seen what leather wrapped dashes look like after a few years in the desert sun. No thanks. I also think they can look pretty tacking if the materials aren't top notch.

Fitdad
Profile for Fitdad
Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-21-2018 08:46
I actually think this is a pretty good mix of giving lower trims value while making the Advance trim desirable. Acura has basically the lowest ATP among luxury brands and I think a part of that has been how unnecessary their top trims have been up to now. Look at a 2018 RDX Advance for example.

With adaptive dampers, ELS 3D, HUD, real wood and the surround camera - there is a lot to like on the Advance trims. It feels like a lot of people will be pulled upwards to get that stuff.

It does seem like the turbo 6 will come to the RDX (given that Jeff has reported multiple times that the RDX "platform" can fit a V6) - how they trim those vehicles out will be interesting given that it's a market segment they've never really been in before. What's interesting about the competition is that most compact Turbo 6 SUV models are "branded" - AMG, S, M (as opposed to just like a "regular" model) so I'm wondering if Acura will only offer the RDX, with the turbo 6, as a Type-S. However I don't think they can get away with just having one trim with the 6 given how you can option out the SQ5, GLC AMG43 and X3 M40xi (or whatever mishmash it's called). Feels like they'll have to offer, at least, a Tech and Advance Type-S...right?

danielgr
Profile for danielgr
Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-21-2018 09:02
dydx wrote:
Makes no sense. There are people who want wood trim, and those who don't. It should be available at all trim levels. [...]
And that's where Honda has been making money while delivering great products since birth.

When it comes to content+quality/price, setting up "fixed trims aiming for a majority" instead of "optional everything aiming at everyone" allows you to offer more for less with higher reliability.

Then we can go on the decade old discussion about Tier1 and so on, but at the end of the day Honda's way of doing business remains a value proposition (be it at lower or higher price points). Not many would buy an Acura on image grounds, no matter who says different here.

Waldo
Profile for Waldo
Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-21-2018 09:58
That chart shows it gets Apple Car Play. Where is Android Auto?
cksi1372
Profile for cksi1372
Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-21-2018 10:55
Waldo wrote:

Google is still trying to figure out the integration with the new Acura True Touchpad interface. Go figure, since it's an Android based system, but that's the deal. Apparently, AA will come later this year and Acura will provide an update for those that purchase the RDX pre-AA availability.

Waldo
Profile for Waldo
Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-21-2018 11:31
cksi1372 wrote:
Waldo wrote:

Google is still trying to figure out the integration with the new Acura True Touchpad interface. Go figure, since it's an Android based system, but that's the deal. Apparently, AA will come later this year and Acura will provide an update for those that purchase the RDX pre-AA availability.

That is strange.

I would hope the update happens soon, because right now Samsung alone sells more phones than Apple, and there are several other Android phone brands that add to the fact that there are twice as many Android phones sold as Apples. Those brands include LG, Moto, HTC, and of course Google's own Pixels.

Hondarulez
Profile for Hondarulez
Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-21-2018 12:16
cksi1372 wrote:
Waldo wrote:

Great to know that they will provide an update was Android integration.

lexusgs
Profile for lexusgs
Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-21-2018 12:49
chhan02 wrote:

At the shows, they emphasized better material. "If it looks like wood, that's because it is real wood. If it looks like metal, that's because it is real metal." (Can't remember if quote is from a journalist or Acura). Not a deal breaker for me though.

I asked this before, but how well are the "Dynamic Modes" going to work without adaptive dampers? This new Precision interior and Acura heavily highlights the dynamic mode feature. The A-Spec should have at least had it. The $25k Si has it. I was expected it to be standard in all future Acuras. I found this to be disappointing.

They never learn, they start talking about finally get nicer and real materials but then you have to step up to the highest rarest most expensive trim level which adds several thousand dollars to the price just to get real wood trim, real wood should be standard in a luxury vehicle. Same with cooled seats, rear heated seats, or a heated steering wheel, most luxury makers and even some non have them standard by now or they are a affordable option but with Acura you have to pay thousands extra for the Advance package just to get cooled(not even AC, just air blowing) seats which is not worth it and why you hardly see any Acura TLX's Advances on the road and one of the complaints about Acura vehicles is they are lacking luxury features found on competitors.

Fitdad
Profile for Fitdad
Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-21-2018 14:56
^Oh please. I feel compelled to point out that, from what I can tell, heated FRONT seats don't come standard on the GLC or X3 or Q5 - they are an option box that you have to check - it's a $500 option. And forget about cooled seats, heated rear seats or a heated steering wheel being standard. To get heated/cooled front seats, heated rear seats and a heated steering wheel on the GLC300...you have to add $3,910 in options to a base vehicle. I couldn't even figure out BMW's build configurator to find heated/cooled front seats - but just to add a heated steering wheel they have it packaged in with like $6,000 in other packages. To do it on the Q5 you have to move up to the Premium Plus Trim then add the Warm Weather Package plus the cold weather package - it too is about $5-6K more than a "standard" Q5. The NX is probably the cheapest with only about $1200 in add-ons...but it doesn't even offer heated rear seats as an option...

So knock it off with your assertion that all those things are standard on most luxury vehicles when the biggest 3 competitors to the RDX make you pay thousands of dollars more for them and the NX doesn't even have one of the features.

lamboman
Profile for lamboman
Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-21-2018 15:07
lexusgs wrote:
chhan02 wrote:

They never learn, they start talking about finally get nicer and real materials but then you have to step up to the highest rarest most expensive trim level which adds several thousand dollars to the price just to get real wood trim, real wood should be standard in a luxury vehicle. Same with cooled seats, rear heated seats, or a heated steering wheel, most luxury makers and even some non have them standard by now or they are a affordable option but with Acura you have to pay thousands extra for the Advance package just to get cooled(not even AC, just air blowing) seats which is not worth it and why you hardly see any Acura TLX's Advances on the road and one of the complaints about Acura vehicles is they are lacking luxury features found on competitors.

Uhhh, that's the same with just about all of it's competitors. Does the QX50 have those features standard? Nope. The NX? Nope. The X3? Again, no. The GLC? Wait for it.....no. Im not really sure why you would expect all of those things to be standard features, you get what you pay for.

lamboman
Profile for lamboman
Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-21-2018 15:18
lexusgs wrote:
chhan02 wrote:

Uhhh, that's the same with just about all of it's competitors. Does the QX50 have those features standard? Nope. The NX, X3,and GLC? Nope. Im happy to see them at least offer a Pano-roof standard, something I would've expected from the Benz. It's definitely a start.

NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-21-2018 16:05
Fitdad wrote:
^Oh please. I feel compelled to point out that, from what I can tell, heated FRONT seats don't come standard on the GLC or X3 or Q5 - they are an option box that you have to check - it's a $500 option. And forget about cooled seats, heated rear seats or a heated steering wheel being standard. To get heated/cooled front seats, heated rear seats and a heated steering wheel on the GLC300...you have to add $3,910 in options to a base vehicle. I couldn't even figure out BMW's build configurator to find heated/cooled front seats - but just to add a heated steering wheel they have it packaged in with like $6,000 in other packages. To do it on the Q5 you have to move up to the Premium Plus Trim then add the Warm Weather Package plus the cold weather package - it too is about $5-6K more than a "standard" Q5. The NX is probably the cheapest with only about $1200 in add-ons...but it doesn't even offer heated rear seats as an option...

So knock it off with your assertion that all those things are standard on most luxury vehicles when the biggest 3 competitors to the RDX make you pay thousands of dollars more for them and the NX doesn't even have one of the features.

Is the NX even a competitor to the new RDX? I understood it to be much smaller - a vs. to the rumored CDX.

I wouldn't the NX should enter this debate.

CivicSi99
Profile for CivicSi99
Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-21-2018 16:12
lexusgs wrote:
chhan02 wrote:

There is nothing wrong with the way the trim levels are. If you think this is bad go look at the 2019 Infiniti QX50. If you want all the safety safety features, you have to get the trim that costs $48K for what comes standard on an RDX. The QX50 also doesn't have heated seats standard along with only 2-way lumbar support and no wireless charger and a loaded price of a whopping $60K. The Lexus NX still doesn't offer the Mark Levinson system as an option unless they added it for the 18 model. This RDX is a pretty nice deal especially for a base model if it really starts at or around $37K.

Hondu
Profile for Hondu
Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-21-2018 16:14
NealX wrote:
Fitdad wrote:

Is the NX even a competitor to the new RDX? I understood it to be much smaller - a vs. to the rumored CDX.

Well Lexus seems to think otherwise.

http://www.lexus.com/compare/NX/competitor/47933/

NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-21-2018 16:32
Hondu wrote:
NealX wrote:
Fitdad wrote:

Well Lexus seems to think otherwise.

http://www.lexus.com/compare/NX/competitor/47933/

Thanks for the link - I was asking about the new RDX and if Acura considers the NX a thing - as I don't care much for Lexus anyway.

NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-21-2018 16:35
Looking at Acura's site I see they reference the 2017 Lexus RX 350 FWD model only.
Hondu
Profile for Hondu
Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-21-2018 16:41
NealX wrote:
Looking at Acura's site I see they reference the 2017 Lexus RX 350 FWD model only.

I believe the RDX is closer in size to the NX, than it is to the RX.

It is between the two in size, so I guess you can spin it however you want.

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-21-2018 16:46
NealX wrote:

there's some overlap between RX and RDX but the RX is more of an MDX competitor.

The NX is roughly based upon the RAV4 architecture, which lines it up with the RDX which is traditionally spawned from the CR-V. The CDX will likely be aligned with the HR-V architecture. Lexus UX will be the competitor to the CDX.

Thread Page - [1] 2
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0