[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Honda announces changes for 2019 Civic, including new Sport trim
More.......................
When is the 2019 Accord arriving in showrooms? Maybe not until 2019
American Honda Reports July Sales Results
Official statement from Honda concerning flooding of Celaya factory
News from the dealer side: 2019 HR-V, Fit, and Insight production impacted due to flooding in Celaya
2019 Honda HR-V updated with styling tweaks, Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, and available Honda Sensing
2019 Acura MDX Arrives with Luxury and Performance Upgrades Plus First A-Spec Variant
SPIED IN EUROPE! Civic Type R refresh
Today's Reading Links --> Re: 2009 Honda S2000 Edition 100
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> Re: Ridgeline outlasts Taco in Death Valley Torture Test
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: The FB Clarity FCEV group is full of shit
Join Discussion......
Photoshops --> hodge·podge
Join Discussion......
Clarity --> Re: Clarity BEV
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Red Bull Racing Confirms Gasly for 2019
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: Sat in an Advance - Complaints
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Cash incentives for the Canadian Accord?
Join Discussion......
Strictly Technical --> Re: CEL problems
Join Discussion......
Sales Experiences --> Re: Questions regarding: lease, then buy option
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Accord 2.0 touring or TLX V6 Tech FWD
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Alonso Quits F1
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Alaska Airlines plane hijacked
Join Discussion......
Spy Shots --> Re: Honda Passport prototype caught in Los Angeles
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Professional Motorsports > > Re: Moto GP Spoiler

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - 1 [2]
Author
  Post New Thread
sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: Moto GP Spoiler    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-08-2018 14:34
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
To compound the craziness, Marquez stalled his bike on the grid, after the warm up lap! He had to leave his grid spot to push start his bike, and (no mean feat in itself) returned to his grid spot, but he had been directed to start from the pit lane.

The race finally started with Marquez taking a lap to catch and pass Miller, but a couple of laps later Marquez got a drive through penalty!

sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: Moto GP Spoiler    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-08-2018 15:02
Guys, watch that race, insane!
zekohonda
Profile for zekohonda
Re: Moto GP Spoiler    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-09-2018 03:15
crazy race...
respect to cal for the win, rins for the podium and zarco for another great display.
marc was too wild, and to 'earn' 0 points is a fair deal. he could be luck to escape more serious punishment.
shame for pedrosa, he was just a passanger in the crash, like vr.

sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: Moto GP Spoiler    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-09-2018 04:19
Yes much as I love Marquez, and am in awe of his riding style, he definitely overstepped the mark, by a very big margin, multiple times! Crazy thing is, he did it after conceding in Qualifying, that staying out on the Slick tyres was too risky in view of the championship, then goes and rides as wildly as he did??!! Go figure.

Me thinks he is one who struggles to see through the red mist......

And Miller was robbed [I am an Australian]! After the Grid-up fiasco, all riders, bar Miller, should have been given a drive through penalty, or be made to start on their original tyre choice. That would have kept him clear. :)

Finally Rossi made me laugh, with his complaints of Marquez being too aggressive and disrespectful to other riders. He of all people with some of his stats in bye-gone days should be the last one to point fingers.....

Potenza
Profile for Potenza
Re: Moto GP Spoiler    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-09-2018 05:14
I'm sorry I watched that. I can't stand these types of races that are so all over the place. A disaster from the start when 23 bikes get pushed off the grid.

And now we have two independent teams topping the championship. Nuts.

Marquez absolutely dominated this track. Honestly he makes the Yamaha and Ducati riders look like idiots, who putt around in circles every time the situation isn't perfect. What a shame he has nothing to show for it. Yet Vinales and Dovi get good points. I guess the slow and steady is rewarded, running 3 seconds a lap slower than possible. They should introduce turn signals next.

The top 4 showed how it's done. 24 riders, and only 5 looked like they cared to be there. Thank goodness for the young blood (and Cal).

The 2015 clash between Marquez and Rossi drained my enjoyment of MotoGP for a long time. Now it's back. Great. The day's elation from F1 STR is now deflated. You know the situation is bad when I enjoy an F1 race more than MotoGP.

sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: Moto GP Spoiler    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-09-2018 05:45
Whereas I enjoyed to totally insane situation, watching who would come out on top, on the day. Marquez would have totally dominated the race, and would have still won if he'd started from Pit Lane, and ridden a "steady" race at his natural speed. But "steady" isn't in Marquez' vocabulary!! :)
Honda Dream
Profile for Honda Dream
Re: Moto GP Spoiler    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-09-2018 05:50
I think his ((VR) actions against Sete Gibernau in 2005 was similar is "respect". Well there is always someone to pay you back. I wish VR had a chance to go against Doohan just for losing more ...:)
sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: Moto GP Spoiler Jerez    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-07-2018 00:57
Well he finally did it, Marquez a comfortable winner in Spain. How he managed to stay on-board going through the sand and stones thrown up by Luthi's crash I just don't know. Absolute magician!

Pity Lorenzo, Dovizioso and Pedrosa crashed out, it looked like it might have been an interesting battle for P2. I hope Pedrosa hasn't aggravated any injuries, though how he could stand up after that high side.........

What can one say about Crutchlow?? He keeps reminding us that he has an "inferior" bike to the works riders, but that's just the way it is. Almost becoming a "whinging Pom" :)

Mind you I remember a very crash prone Casey Stoner in his first year in MotoGP, until they put him on a full works Ducati so horsepower was no longer an issue and the rest, as they say, is history.

Would Crutchlow be competitive every weekend with Marquez, if given equal equipment?? Not sure about that.

zekohonda
Profile for zekohonda
Re: Moto GP Spoiler Jerez    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-07-2018 03:03
yeah, that save was moment of the race...expect the crash...racing incident...pedrosa saw the oppurtunitiy, and jorge was a little bit reckless with going back to racing line. jorge makining life difficult for dovi, again.
works yamaha are still terrible.
pedrosa performs well when the track temperature is high...cal was on pole, marc easily won...currently honda is in very good form.

Potenza
Profile for Potenza
Re: Moto GP Spoiler Jerez    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-07-2018 11:11
Nice to see Lorenzo back at the front end again. Word has it that Suzuki made him a large offer for next year. Honestly I hope he does that. The Suzuki is performing well and I believe would fit Lorenzo's style very well. He could form the team around himself the way Vinales could have (and is possibly regretting now). Finish races with Suzuki ahead of Ducati and Rossi... sounds like a personal challenge Lorenzo would enjoy.

Yes, Crutchlow crashing again. Once leading the championship with 38pts... two races later has 38pts. He needs to do more racing than talking. Gets pole and insists Honda needs to "reward" him - then arguing after crashing that it's because Honda isn't giving him the carbon swingarm of the Repsol team.

Zarco again embarrassing the well-paid factory Yamaha boys and is now 2nd in the championship. He has earned the factory (KTM) ride.

Rossi finished 5th but acknowledges it's really 8th without the incident in front. But the 3-way pileup wasn't the only incident, with both Cal and Rins falling. So more like 10th, on race pace!

zekohonda
Profile for zekohonda
Re: Moto GP Spoiler    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-20-2018 09:43
another dominant win by mm.
after poor start he climbed steadlily through the order to the top. iannone, dovi and zarco were all in front of mm before their crashes. that helped, of course, but I think mm one way of another would win it. hard rear worked nice. :)
the move on jorge was a litlle bit over the top imho.
dani fifth, cal eight. not bad.

sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: Moto GP Spoiler    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-20-2018 20:17
I think MM would have won regardless of whether Zarco or Dovi' had crashed or not. He was on their tails before they fell, and looking very comfortable being there. Most unlike Marquez to look so controlled during a race, only one "minor moment" during the whole race. :)

The pass on Lorenzo was "hard" but I would think Lorenzo knows he's a sitting duck, mid corner, on that bike.

danielgr
Profile for danielgr
Re: Moto GP Spoiler    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-21-2018 08:48
sadlerau wrote:
I think MM would have won regardless of whether Zarco or Dovi' had crashed or not. He was on their tails before they fell, and looking very comfortable being there. Most unlike Marquez to look so controlled during a race, only one "minor moment" during the whole race. :)

The pass on Lorenzo was "hard" but I would think Lorenzo knows he's a sitting duck, mid corner, on that bike.

I agree, unfortunately it wasn't even a race. It seemed so at the beginning, but that was because Marc was riding the hard rear - medium front, unlike everyone else in the field (on softs). For anyone to had a chance they needed to pull away from him at the beginning of the race, which was not happening even before they crashed.

I hate to say, but unless Marc starts crashing we don't have a championship this year. Wonder what would happen if Lorenzo was on a bike different from the Ducatti, or Zarco was on a factory ride.

We may need to get a competitive rider on the second factory Honda, because Pedrosa is clearly not up to the task anymore. That is perhaps on purpose, but at this point it kind of undermines the credibility on the machine.

RolledaNsx
Profile for RolledaNsx
Re: Moto GP Spoiler    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-21-2018 10:46
danielgr wrote:
sadlerau wrote:

I agree, unfortunately it wasn't even a race. It seemed so at the beginning, but that was because Marc was riding the hard rear - medium front, unlike everyone else in the field (on softs). For anyone to had a chance they needed to pull away from him at the beginning of the race, which was not happening even before they crashed.

I hate to say, but unless Marc starts crashing we don't have a championship this year. Wonder what would happen if Lorenzo was on a bike different from the Ducatti, or Zarco was on a factory ride.

We may need to get a competitive rider on the second factory Honda, because Pedrosa is clearly not up to the task anymore. That is perhaps on purpose, but at this point it kind of undermines the credibility on the machine.

Mir to replace Pedrosa next year? Motorsports.com thinks so.

Potenza
Profile for Potenza
Re: Moto GP Spoiler    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-22-2018 09:52
sadlerau wrote:
It looked hard because it was Marquez, but then seemed more justified when Pedrosa pulled an almost identical move. There wasn't a lot of space, but enough for more than one rider to think Lorenzo is leaving the door open.

As for the championship, seems pretty well wrapped up. Marquez looks happier than ever on the current bike, especially with the winged fairing options. And the top-scoring competitors are different at every race... no one rider is consistently "there". Marquez speed and consistency - how do you beat that?

danielgr
Profile for danielgr
Re: Moto GP Spoiler    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-22-2018 10:07
Potenza wrote:
sadlerau wrote:
It looked hard because it was Marquez, but then seemed more justified when Pedrosa pulled an almost identical move. There wasn't a lot of space, but enough for more than one rider to think Lorenzo is leaving the door open.
[...]

I personally didn't see anything special on that move, nor did any of the British commentators of the feed I was watching. Lorenzo left the door open, Marquez took the chance where there was a clear gap and a bike which clearly lacked corner speed in front.

I don't know by other competitions' standards, but imho for MotoGP that's pretty clean.

zekohonda
Profile for zekohonda
Re: Moto GP Spoiler    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-22-2018 14:16
if jorge did not move, they would touch.
Bullwinkle
Profile for Bullwinkle
Re: Moto GP Spoiler    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-22-2018 15:23
RolledaNsx wrote:
danielgr wrote:
sadlerau wrote:

Mir to replace Pedrosa next year? Motorsports.com thinks so.

Better Question: Where does Lorenzo end up in 2019? His move to Ducati seems to have been more disastrous than Rossi's.

danielgr
Profile for danielgr
Re: Moto GP Spoiler    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-23-2018 07:07
zekohonda wrote:
if jorge did not move, they would touch.

You mean if Jorge closed the line regardless of what the other rider was doing (and after having left space open to begin with).

Yes of course, they would have touched, as on any motorsports. If you are in front while being slower you have to keep the door closed at all times. Once you give the inside line though, you will always touch the other guy if you suddenly change your mind.

If Marquez had lost trajectory, pushing the other rider wide while trying to find a space that didn't exist (which has happened many times in the past with many riders) then I would critizice his move. On this occasion though, he was just taking a clean line inside, using the space that Lorenzo opened for him.

zekohonda
Profile for zekohonda
Re: Moto GP Spoiler    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-23-2018 08:41
jorge had to raise the knee and move more to the left...if he didn't do that, marc would not make clean pass. we would see similar situations like in argentina. btw., I said 'a little bit over the top'... ;)
from 2:54 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds3ERjPoF10

Thread Page - 1 [2]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0