[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
More.......................
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
More.......................
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
More.......................
American Honda reports January sales
More.......................
Acura Marks 15th Anniversary of Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™
More.......................
Honda releases pricing and EPA information for 2019 Passport
More.......................
American Honda Reports December Sales
More.......................
American Honda Reports November Sales
More.......................
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Swindon in peril
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2020 Honda Fit Render
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Kandi EV Approved for US
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda Loses a $38 Million Liability Lawsuit
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Timid AHM marketing
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Poor reliability scores for Honda and Acura
Join Discussion......
TOV Asia --> Re: Honda JP Sales 2018: Hybrids make up 55% of reg. cars
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda's new sub-brand Honda e
Join Discussion......
Amateur Racing & Driving --> Re: My first helmet !
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Honda closing UK plant that builds the Type R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Original NSX prototype only had a SOHC V6 without VTEC
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Rumours that Honda will close its Swindon plant
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Sunny came home with a mission
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
Read Article....................
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > American Honda Reports April Sales Results > > Re: Comparison #s

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
    
TSX69
Profile for TSX69
Comparison #s [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-02-2018 18:05
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
No more GM #s & hybridcars has not posted yet:




CLA 1910 +79%
A3 1,593 -24%
ILX 1,012 +21.6%
2series 879 +3.7%

Cclass 5,148 -34.2%
3series 3,550 +1.6%
ES 3,218 -5.4%
A4 3,126 -10%
TLX 2,914 -44.6%
Q50 1,880 -26.5%
IS 1,816 -15.7%
MKZ 1,692 -36.3%
Giulia 1,123 +77%
S60 575 -41.4%

Eclass 3,945 -2.8%
5series 3,056 -1.8%
A6 1,172 -22%
Continental 867 -13.6%
G80 786
GS 651 +9%
S90 583 +20.5%
Q70 272 -38.6%
RLX 171 +61.3%

Sclass 1,535 +3%
Panamera 1,026
LS 999 +239.8%
7series 546 -45.1%
G90 242
A8 83 -71%

4series 2,473 -36.3%
A5 2,169 +115%
Q60 650 -12.6%
718 604
RC 369 -23.4%
Alfa 4C 22 -49

911 804
R8 138 +35%
i8 57 +3.7%
NSX 5 -94.5%

NX 4,508 +4.4%
X1 2,501 +33.6%
Q3 2,018 +34%
GLA 2,011 +50.2%
MKC 1,859 -31.8%
XC40 1,404
QX30 671 -44.5%

RX 7,705 -1.7%
GLC 5,853 +77.1%
Q5 5,275 +5%
RDX 4,201 +10.8%
X3 3,865 +20.6%
QX60 3,052 +8.8%
XC60 2,476
MKX 2,263 -3.2%
Macan 2,252
QX50 1,413 +18%
F-Pace 1,059
Stelvio 702

GLE 4,110 -8%
MDX 4,052 -11.5%
X5 3,800 +11.8%
Q7 3,083 +2%
XC90 2,282 -2.9%
GX 1,812 +1.1%
QX80 920 -31.1%
Cayenne 884
MKT 271 +12.9%

GLS 1,794 -20.8%
RangeRover 1,650
Navigator 1,566 +122.4%
LX 385 -4.7%




Cooper 394 -39.6%
500 335 -72%
Smart 93 -74.5%

Versa 5,998 -27.9%
Golf 4,666 -35.1%
Fit 3,987 -18.1%
Yaris 3,194 -36.1%
Fiesta 3,151 -5.3%
Accent 2,816
Mirage 2,069
Rio 1,964

Civic 28,399 -9%
Corolla 25,896 -16.7%
Sentra 16,999 -16.1%
Elantra 14,044
Focus 13,001 1.5%
Forte 9,199
Impreza 5,833 -27.4%
3 4,725 -21%
Jetta 4,313 -54.1%
Lancer 441

Camry 29,848 -5%
Accord 21,751 -19.3%
Fusion 12,871 -22.9%
Altima 10,400 -48.7%
Sonata 9,616
Optima 8,276
Passat 4,044 -34.2%
6 2,909 +29.3%

Charger 6,632 -4%
Legacy 4,234 -3.8%
300 3,913 -1%
Avalon 3,254 +18.5%
Taurus 2,214 18.3%
Maxima 2,100 -62.3%
Cadenza 510
Azera 228

Prius 7,420 -23.6%
Niro 2,340
Ioni 1,789
Clarity 1,212 +3,464.7%
LEAF 1,171 +10.2%
C-MAX 784 -46.6%
OutLander PHEV 273
Mirai 76 -28.3%

Mustang 7,125 -11.6%
Challenger 5,892 -11%
Miata 837 -36.5%
BRZ 412 -7.2%
Spider 337 -28%
86 337 -47.3%
370z 260 -33.2%

OutBack 14,083 -2.7%
Golf SportWagen 1,481 -58.4%

CrossTrek 12,266 +69.9%
Soul 8,825
Renegade 7,735 -10%
HR-V 7,322 -14.1%
EcoSport 5,277
CH-R 3,923 +613%
Kona 3,315
CountryMan 1,381 +44.6%
CX-3 1,135 -1%
500x 564 -26%

Rav4 31,007 -2.4%
CR-V 28,323 -13.3%
Rogue 23,331 -14.8%
Escape 21,383 -16.6%
Cherokee 16,887 +20%
Forester 13,679 -7.3%
Tucson 12,903
Journey 11,638 +39%
Compass 11,521 +227%
CX-5 11,312 -.2%
Sportage 7,653
Tiguan 7,637
OutLander Sport 2,286
Eclipse Cross 655

HighLander 18,456 +2.6%
Explorer 17,864 -9.5%
Grand Cherokee 16,647 -12%
Pilot 11,891 +22%
Edge 11,240 -7.5%
SantaFe 9,616
Sorento 8,915
Atlas 5,404
Durango 4,923 -23%
Murano 3,391 -38.4%
PathFinder 2,741 -52%
OutLander 2,266
CX-9 2,138 +.2%

Caravan 11,880 +21
Pacifica 10,180 -2%
Odyssey 8,464 +21.2%
Sienna 7,938 -22.5%
Sedona 1,485
Flex 1,240 -19.7%

Tacoma 18,811 +10.6%
Frontier 5,082 -19.9%
RidgeLine 2,459 -44.6%

99SI
Profile for 99SI
Re: Comparison #s [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-02-2018 21:16
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Wow! Lots of vehicles getting crushed right now...
HDNBenjamin
Profile for HDNBenjamin
Re: Comparison #s [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-03-2018 10:33
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
thank you
TSX69
Profile for TSX69
Re: Comparison #s [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-03-2018 12:09
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Forgot the AMG GT:

AMG GT 178 +104.6
911 804
R8 138 +35%
i8 57 +3.7%
NSX 5 -94.5%


Mercedes-Benz has some very impressive #s and are competitive in so many categories, not just entry-level luxury.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Comparison #s [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-03-2018 14:58
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
TSX69 wrote:
No more GM #s & hybridcars has not posted yet:
...



What's the deal with GM? Aren't they publishing their numbers?

Thanks

DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: Comparison #s [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-03-2018 15:14
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Quarterly now.

http://www.gm.com/mol/m-2018-apr-0403-gmsales.html

rev2damoon
Profile for rev2damoon
Re: Comparison #s [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-03-2018 15:46
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
TSX69 wrote:
Forgot the AMG GT:

AMG GT 178 +104.6
911 804
R8 138 +35%
i8 57 +3.7%
NSX 5 -94.5%


Mercedes-Benz has some very impressive #s and are competitive in so many categories, not just entry-level luxury.


Yes, MB casts a very wide net in the lux market.

MuGen7Modulo
Profile for MuGen7Modulo
Re: Comparison #s [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-04-2018 13:00
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Thanks RLX69 :)
atomiclightbulb
Profile for atomiclightbulb
Re: Comparison #s [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-04-2018 19:20
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
99SI wrote:
Wow! Lots of vehicles getting crushed right now...


Heard on the news that the post-Recession bump in new car sales to replace old cars that got stretched, is now over. Add in that consumer debt is back to all time highs, while wages have been stagnant.

The auto industry as a whole is going to experience some pain IMO as the economy cycle winds down.

HDNBenjamin
Profile for HDNBenjamin
Re: Comparison #s [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-05-2018 13:28
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
atomiclightbulb wrote:
99SI wrote:
Wow! Lots of vehicles getting crushed right now...


Heard on the news that the post-Recession bump in new car sales to replace old cars that got stretched, is now over. Add in that consumer debt is back to all time highs, while wages have been stagnant.

The auto industry as a whole is going to experience some pain IMO as the economy cycle winds down.



agreed!

HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
Re: Comparison #s [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-05-2018 14:04
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
TSX69 wrote:
No more GM #s & hybridcars has not posted yet:




CLA 1910 +79%
A3 1,593 -24%
ILX 1,012 +21.6%
2series 879 +3.7%

Cclass 5,148 -34.2%
3series 3,550 +1.6%
ES 3,218 -5.4%
A4 3,126 -10%
TLX 2,914 -44.6%
Q50 1,880 -26.5%
IS 1,816 -15.7%
MKZ 1,692 -36.3%
Giulia 1,123 +77%
S60 575 -41.4%

Eclass 3,945 -2.8%
5series 3,056 -1.8%
A6 1,172 -22%
Continental 867 -13.6%
G80 786
GS 651 +9%
S90 583 +20.5%
Q70 272 -38.6%
RLX 171 +61.3%

Sclass 1,535 +3%
Panamera 1,026
LS 999 +239.8%
7series 546 -45.1%
G90 242
A8 83 -71%

4series 2,473 -36.3%
A5 2,169 +115%
Q60 650 -12.6%
718 604
RC 369 -23.4%
Alfa 4C 22 -49

911 804
R8 138 +35%
i8 57 +3.7%
NSX 5 -94.5%

NX 4,508 +4.4%
X1 2,501 +33.6%
Q3 2,018 +34%
GLA 2,011 +50.2%
MKC 1,859 -31.8%
XC40 1,404
QX30 671 -44.5%

RX 7,705 -1.7%
GLC 5,853 +77.1%
Q5 5,275 +5%
RDX 4,201 +10.8%
X3 3,865 +20.6%
QX60 3,052 +8.8%
XC60 2,476
MKX 2,263 -3.2%
Macan 2,252
QX50 1,413 +18%
F-Pace 1,059
Stelvio 702

GLE 4,110 -8%
MDX 4,052 -11.5%
X5 3,800 +11.8%
Q7 3,083 +2%
XC90 2,282 -2.9%
GX 1,812 +1.1%
QX80 920 -31.1%
Cayenne 884
MKT 271 +12.9%

GLS 1,794 -20.8%
RangeRover 1,650
Navigator 1,566 +122.4%
LX 385 -4.7%




Cooper 394 -39.6%
500 335 -72%
Smart 93 -74.5%

Versa 5,998 -27.9%
Golf 4,666 -35.1%
Fit 3,987 -18.1%
Yaris 3,194 -36.1%
Fiesta 3,151 -5.3%
Accent 2,816
Mirage 2,069
Rio 1,964

Civic 28,399 -9%
Corolla 25,896 -16.7%
Sentra 16,999 -16.1%
Elantra 14,044
Focus 13,001 1.5%
Forte 9,199
Impreza 5,833 -27.4%
3 4,725 -21%
Jetta 4,313 -54.1%
Lancer 441

Camry 29,848 -5%
Accord 21,751 -19.3%
Fusion 12,871 -22.9%
Altima 10,400 -48.7%
Sonata 9,616
Optima 8,276
Passat 4,044 -34.2%
6 2,909 +29.3%

Charger 6,632 -4%
Legacy 4,234 -3.8%
300 3,913 -1%
Avalon 3,254 +18.5%
Taurus 2,214 18.3%
Maxima 2,100 -62.3%
Cadenza 510
Azera 228

Prius 7,420 -23.6%
Niro 2,340
Ioni 1,789
Clarity 1,212 +3,464.7%
LEAF 1,171 +10.2%
C-MAX 784 -46.6%
OutLander PHEV 273
Mirai 76 -28.3%

Mustang 7,125 -11.6%
Challenger 5,892 -11%
Miata 837 -36.5%
BRZ 412 -7.2%
Spider 337 -28%
86 337 -47.3%
370z 260 -33.2%

OutBack 14,083 -2.7%
Golf SportWagen 1,481 -58.4%

CrossTrek 12,266 +69.9%
Soul 8,825
Renegade 7,735 -10%
HR-V 7,322 -14.1%
EcoSport 5,277
CH-R 3,923 +613%
Kona 3,315
CountryMan 1,381 +44.6%
CX-3 1,135 -1%
500x 564 -26%

Rav4 31,007 -2.4%
CR-V 28,323 -13.3%
Rogue 23,331 -14.8%
Escape 21,383 -16.6%
Cherokee 16,887 +20%
Forester 13,679 -7.3%
Tucson 12,903
Journey 11,638 +39%
Compass 11,521 +227%
CX-5 11,312 -.2%
Sportage 7,653
Tiguan 7,637
OutLander Sport 2,286
Eclipse Cross 655

HighLander 18,456 +2.6%
Explorer 17,864 -9.5%
Grand Cherokee 16,647 -12%
Pilot 11,891 +22%
Edge 11,240 -7.5%
SantaFe 9,616
Sorento 8,915
Atlas 5,404
Durango 4,923 -23%
Murano 3,391 -38.4%
PathFinder 2,741 -52%
OutLander 2,266
CX-9 2,138 +.2%

Caravan 11,880 +21
Pacifica 10,180 -2%
Odyssey 8,464 +21.2%
Sienna 7,938 -22.5%
Sedona 1,485
Flex 1,240 -19.7%

Tacoma 18,811 +10.6%
Frontier 5,082 -19.9%
RidgeLine 2,459 -44.6%


Panamera sells, no specials or factory money...... 911's, we have very low inventory because all the sports cars are staying in Germany and Europe because they are chancing the emissions and 2018 is the last year so the focus is to get all the 911s to Europe and last quarter of the year they will come here to the states...... That 800 number would be more like 1,500 if we had inventory.......

TSX69
Profile for TSX69
Re: Comparison #s [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-07-2018 07:50
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Why Acura Only Sold Five NSXes in the US Last Month


Earlier this week, a Reddit user noted Acura only sold 5 NSXes in the US last month. It's not unusual to see low volumes with a $150,000-plus supercar, but five? That seemed far too low for our 2017 Performance Car of the Year. So, we reached out to an Acura spokesman to find out what was up.

The NSX's low US sales for April was the result of a confluence of a few things. First, Acura sold lots of NSXes at the end of 2017, as dealers cleared out showroom inventory used for marketing. Per auto-sales data aggregator Good Car Bad Car, the NSX had its second and third best US months in October and November 2017, with 87 and 83 sold, respectively. As a result, inventory for 2018 NSXes has been limited—a quick search on Cars.com reveals just nine on dealer lots at the time of writing.

The spokesman also told us a lot of customers are placing custom orders for NSXes, which is common for cars in this price bracket. Those custom-ordered NSXes won't be built for a few more months. And finally, the spokesperson told us NSX exports were "relatively high" for the month of April.

So, while the NSX did have its worst US sales month ever in April, it's not all doom and gloom for Acura's supercar. Plus, sales could increase further still if the rumors are true and Acura builds convertible and Type R variants of the NSX. We'll see in the coming months.


TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Comparison #s [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-07-2018 11:39
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply


So, were they seeing a secular downward trend in sales and managing it by delaying the information?

Because, with their use of computer based transactions and dealer networks, they know day by day, hour by hour what their sales are and what their sales will be. So, I'm not buying their claim that:

“Thirty days is not enough time to separate real sales trends from short-term fluctuations in a very dynamic, highly competitive market,”

They KNOW what their sales are, they know their dealer orders, they plan at least six/nine months out and manage their production accordingly.

I call marketing BS on that.





gofast182
Profile for gofast182
Re: Comparison #s [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-07-2018 13:07
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Bummed about the GM thing. I always spend some time studying TSX69's posts but without GM they lose some important context.

TSX69
Profile for TSX69
Re: Comparison #s [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-08-2018 15:37
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
http://www.hybridcars.com/april-2018-sales-dashboard/: which also breaks out numbers for plug-ins.
Rav4 3,290 +7.8%
Highlander 1,373 -17.4%
Rogue 233

Fusion 3,120 30.8%
Camry 1,809 +19.6%
Avalon 677 +69.3%
Accord 626 -65%
Sonata 393 -61.4%
Optima 269 +18%
Malibu 242 -40.8%

RX450h 832 +35.3%
NX 604 +233.7%
MDX 268 +370.2%

MKZ 346 -32%
ES 334 -6.2%
LaCrosse 256 +2,033.3%
Q50 40 -81.4%

RLX 68 +209.1%
Q70 3 -25%
GS450h 3 +0%


Honda-D
Profile for Honda-D
Re: Comparison #s [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-11-2018 16:58
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
TonyEX wrote:


So, were they seeing a secular downward trend in sales and managing it by delaying the information?

Because, with their use of computer based transactions and dealer networks, they know day by day, hour by hour what their sales are and what their sales will be. So, I'm not buying their claim that:

“Thirty days is not enough time to separate real sales trends from short-term fluctuations in a very dynamic, highly competitive market,”

They KNOW what their sales are, they know their dealer orders, they plan at least six/nine months out and manage their production accordingly.

I call marketing BS on that.







It's not marketing BS. They don't want to spook investors. Because really, GM isn't really the competitive in any segment.

Caddy: Got into CUV/SUV games too late, CEO got fired
Buick: Seems to got some life, then sold the European unit that gave it the Euro flare.
Chevy: Other than Trucks, the rest seems to be all rental fleets.


Honda-D
Profile for Honda-D
Re: Comparison #s [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-11-2018 17:03
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
TSX69 wrote:
No more GM #s & hybridcars has not posted yet:

Cclass 5,148 -34.2%
3series 3,550 +1.6%
ES 3,218 -5.4%
A4 3,126 -10%
TLX 2,914 -44.6%
Q50 1,880 -26.5%
IS 1,816 -15.7%
MKZ 1,692 -36.3%
Giulia 1,123 +77%
S60 575 -41.4%




Shouldn't Kia Stinger and Genesis G70 join this class?

Would love to see how these new entry does against the old guards.


None
Profile for None
Re: Comparison #s [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-13-2018 08:03
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
VW Golf is not a competitor to those you list. A Golf can list over $40K.

I would put the Golf with the Acura ILX.

Honda-D
Profile for Honda-D
Re: Comparison #s [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-14-2018 11:30
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
None wrote:
VW Golf is not a competitor to those you list. A Golf can list over $40K.

I would put the Golf with the Acura ILX.



You can say the same with Civic if you count Civic Type-R.

It is what it is.


None
Profile for None
Re: Comparison #s [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-14-2018 18:45
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Honda-D wrote:
None wrote:
VW Golf is not a competitor to those you list. A Golf can list over $40K.

I would put the Golf with the Acura ILX.



You can say the same with Civic if you count Civic Type-R.

It is what it is.





The Golf competes with the Civic, not the Fit, Yaris...

None
Profile for None
Re: Comparison #s [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-14-2018 18:46
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
But I don't think Acura can build a competitor to the Golf-R. Technically they could, but Acura nor Honda has the balls to build something like the Golf R.
Honda-D
Profile for Honda-D
Re: Comparison #s [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-15-2018 13:15
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
None wrote:
But I don't think Acura can build a competitor to the Golf-R. Technically they could, but Acura nor Honda has the balls to build something like the Golf R.


If the rumor of AWD Type-R ever comes true.

That said, I don't know if effort for performance cars will actually pay off for manufacturers going forward.


 
Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0