[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
More.......................
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
American Honda reports January sales
Acura Marks 15th Anniversary of Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™
Honda releases pricing and EPA information for 2019 Passport
American Honda Reports December Sales
American Honda Reports November Sales
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Swindon in peril
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Timid AHM marketing
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda Loses a $38 Million Liability Lawsuit
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Poor reliability scores for Honda and Acura
Join Discussion......
TOV Asia --> Re: Honda JP Sales 2018: Hybrids make up 55% of reg. cars
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda's new sub-brand Honda e
Join Discussion......
Amateur Racing & Driving --> Re: My first helmet !
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Honda closing UK plant that builds the Type R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Original NSX prototype only had a SOHC V6 without VTEC
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Rumours that Honda will close its Swindon plant
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Sunny came home with a mission
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2019 F1 Releases/Launches
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Type R bike carrier
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > General Talk > > Re: Anything new (and maybe exciting) coming from Honda ?

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
bigblue
Profile for bigblue
Anything new (and maybe exciting) coming from Honda ?    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-01-2018 18:05
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
What's next ? Can't think of anything to be honest. In the UK we have small car / medium car (Jazz / Civic), small SUV / medium SUV (HRV / CRV). Oh and the NSX (!).

Not sure what is slated to come next. Any new engines ? Any new model variants ? Can't think of anything.

Something a little more exciting to liven things up ? Jazz Type-S, HRV Type-S ? Err, no chance I think.

Maybe the Urban EV is the next major change. Small EV / medium EV eventually ? Any hybrids ? Anything else vaguely sporty at all after the Type-R and NSX ?

CarPhreakD
Profile for CarPhreakD
Re: Anything new (and maybe exciting) coming from Honda ?    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-01-2018 19:28
The CB300R is being released this year. That's pretty good news for beginner riders, although personally I'm looking forward to the Husqvarna Vitpilen myself.
urbanglowcam
Profile for urbanglowcam
Re: Anything new (and maybe exciting) coming from Honda ?    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-01-2018 21:52
I think the Urban EV is the most intriguing thing coming to me as it might be the start of a new era of cars for Honda. I would really like to see them give the green light on the Sports EV from there, but not sure how exciting that would be regardless.

Hoping they follow up with something on next year's Tokyo Motor Show, but in the meantime something more tangible from the Urban EV program would be nice...maybe Frankfurt?

Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: Anything new (and maybe exciting) coming from Honda ?    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-02-2018 06:02
The Urban seems rather attractive and intriguing, at least to those for whom an EV might actually suit their purposes.

Other than that, little new and nothing exciting.

Nothing to see here...move on.

Across the pond, the Acura thing might get interesting. Or not.

Grady
Profile for Grady
Re: Anything new (and maybe exciting) coming from Honda ?    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-02-2018 08:20
I'm in a holding pattern for now. Just waiting to see what another year brings plus look at gas prices. I don't have a problem waiting on something special. I mean I've had my Civic for 10 years and my S2000 for 9 years and wouldn't complain to own them for 10 more.
NorCalSales
Profile for NorCalSales
Re: Anything new (and maybe exciting) coming from Honda ?    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-02-2018 09:25
Co-Pilot and Insight brand new

HRV, Pilot and Civic MMC

BG
Profile for BG
Re: Anything new (and maybe exciting) coming from Honda ?    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-02-2018 10:41
hr-v 1.5t, Jazz got the 130bhp 1.5 from Hr-V. Ireland is getting the sedan Civic, saw that on Twitter. The Accord is still a loss, I don't care how badly it sold. Of course it wasn't exciting, but it was bit part player and the fact that it's gone shows that Honda's fighting spirit is fading.... sales are tanking..... Type R is going ok for them in UK, but Brexit is killing the market there. I've yet to see one in a showroom here, though not sure when the last time I passed a Honda showroom was??

There won't be anything really exciting unless as already posted, switch up to two wheeled action.

There's a huge gap between the NSX and next in line CR-V, not sure what that's all about. The TLX with 1.5t/2.0t and shawd would make a decent Accord derivative.

Hondarulez
Profile for Hondarulez
Re: Anything new (and maybe exciting) coming from Honda ?    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-04-2018 00:48
the Insight looks good in person. Not what I want but I'm thinking about one for my parents.
Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: Anything new (and maybe exciting) coming from Honda ?    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-04-2018 03:53
It looks good, ergo we won't be getting it by all accounts. Powertrain will be dropped into a Civic hatch shell.

It's difficult to park at Honda dealers now - too many unsold Civics everywhere.

bigblue
Profile for bigblue
Re: Anything new (and maybe exciting) coming from Honda ?    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-04-2018 04:10
BG wrote:
Jazz got the 130bhp 1.5 from Hr-V

This even seems to miss the warm-hatch mark, judging by this evo review, which is a shame as a brisk-ish small car should always be fun. Personally I don't think it looks very good either, which is odd, as I think the basic shape, although somewhat upright (naturally given the target market) could be sport-ified to decent effect. If only they let someone like Peter Stevens do it (e.g. he 'fixed' the old bug-eye sallon Impreza WRX). To be honest, Honda Design actually knock out nice concepts, but not much seems to filter through to production.

Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: Anything new (and maybe exciting) coming from Honda ?    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-04-2018 05:10
If the 1.5 had been there from the off, it might have helped the 'image' a bit. But too little, way too late, as always.

The Jazz is a highly competent car, but it's unpleasant to drive (only due to the horribly thrashy engine and ridiculously over-servo'd brakes, really) and the efficient, JDM-boxy shape and utilitarianism doesn't really suit euro dubious-tastes. It's a pretty consistent seller, however. The grey market, mainly...

I do wonder if the next one ought to be more like a five-door Urban or something.

NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: Anything new (and maybe exciting) coming from Honda ?    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-04-2018 08:17

BG
Profile for BG
Re: Anything new (and maybe exciting) coming from Honda ?    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-04-2018 09:29
The Jazz was always tallish even from the early 80's model.

The 09 model was quite nice to my eyes.. I liked the sporty Si version....

Neal, I believe this was at Geneva 2018 but i'm not sure why??

KaizenDo
Profile for KaizenDo
Re: Anything new (and maybe exciting) coming from Honda ?    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-06-2018 13:52
If you are in Europe, all you get from Honda is the finger - or the boot (you can choose). To get the real thing, you have to be in Asia.

If it's up to me, Honda Europe can go and stick all their Civics up their rear ends. Likewise they can plug their bullshit BEVs there!

I demand the Asian Lineup for Europe right now!

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Anything new (and maybe exciting) coming from Honda ?    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-06-2018 15:39
Nick GravesX wrote:
The Urban seems rather attractive and intriguing, at least to those for whom an EV might actually suit their purposes.

We just ordered a '19 Black Mamba to replace the '18 Black Mamba. It sucks because they almost look alike. The only difference is that the New Mamba won't have the Sport Grill. So, it's very unlikely the neighbors will notice.

Sucks, huh? Get a new car... no one notices.

I really wanted a Pilot Touring (El Piloto Verde) but given the spike on sales, they withdrew it from the availability list a month before the planned date. Damn customers, how dare they buy the cars?

The wife REALLY wanted a '19 Clarity PHEV.. which it's a very nice car. but I noted that we don't need another four door car pool commuter (she stole my FCEV) and for long vacation drives, the PHEV only has a range of 280 miles. Which means likely six stops for fuel going up the West Coast. Totally unacceptable.

Mind you, the Ridgeline only has a range a hair under 400 miles, so it's not a long legged vehicle like the '14/'15 iMMD Accords or '12/'13/'14 TSX Wagons.

JimmyEats
Profile for JimmyEats
Re: Anything new (and maybe exciting) coming from Honda ?    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-07-2018 07:05
I can empathize with your situation. Like a car and only get it for one year. Like a car and have to get it again for one year, ie. a hassle. Though if you don't like a car, you can replace it when the cupholder-ash-can is full. How do you decide when to purchase one of them off the lease?
NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: Anything new (and maybe exciting) coming from Honda ?    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-07-2018 09:06
TonyEX wrote:
Nick GravesX wrote:

We just ordered a '19 Black Mamba to replace the '18 Black Mamba. It sucks because they almost look alike. The only difference is that the New Mamba won't have the Sport Grill. So, it's very unlikely the neighbors will notice.

Sucks, huh? Get a new car... no one notices.

I really wanted a Pilot Touring (El Piloto Verde) but given the spike on sales, they withdrew it from the availability list a month before the planned date. Damn customers, how dare they buy the cars?

The wife REALLY wanted a '19 Clarity PHEV.. which it's a very nice car. but I noted that we don't need another four door car pool commuter (she stole my FCEV) and for long vacation drives, the PHEV only has a range of 280 miles. Which means likely six stops for fuel going up the West Coast. Totally unacceptable.

Mind you, the Ridgeline only has a range a hair under 400 miles, so it's not a long legged vehicle like the '14/'15 iMMD Accords or '12/'13/'14 TSX Wagons.

Thanks for the fleet update!

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0