[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Honda announces changes for 2019 Civic, including new Sport trim
More.......................
When is the 2019 Accord arriving in showrooms? Maybe not until 2019
American Honda Reports July Sales Results
Official statement from Honda concerning flooding of Celaya factory
News from the dealer side: 2019 HR-V, Fit, and Insight production impacted due to flooding in Celaya
2019 Honda HR-V updated with styling tweaks, Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, and available Honda Sensing
2019 Acura MDX Arrives with Luxury and Performance Upgrades Plus First A-Spec Variant
SPIED IN EUROPE! Civic Type R refresh
Today's Reading Links --> Re: 2009 Honda S2000 Edition 100
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: Odds of a hatchback SiR?
Join Discussion......
Sales Experiences --> Re: Questions regarding: lease, then buy option
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: The FB Clarity FCEV group is full of shit
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: C&D,The 2019 Honda Pilot Looks Tougher and Drives Better
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: Sat in an Advance - Complaints
Join Discussion......
Clarity --> Re: Clarity BEV
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Red Bull Racing Confirms Gasly for 2019
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> Re: Ridgeline outlasts Taco in Death Valley Torture Test
Join Discussion......
Photoshops --> hodge·podge
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Cash incentives for the Canadian Accord?
Join Discussion......
Strictly Technical --> Re: CEL problems
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Accord 2.0 touring or TLX V6 Tech FWD
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Alonso Quits F1
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Alaska Airlines plane hijacked
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > Honda Sports Hatchback > > Re: magx is hardly a reliable source

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

Tyson
Profile for Tyson
magx is hardly a reliable source [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-30-2002 14:14
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I would eagerly anticipate a new CRX, or a sporty hatchback, but mag-x reputation is hardly reliable in my opinion. What is the Bulldog anyway?
guiri
Profile for guiri
Re: magx is hardly a reliable source [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-30-2002 17:21

Think of the possibilities...in the next two to three years current Civic might start dropping sales volume. Honda have developed a brand new "flat floor platform"... it would make sense to generate another "market captivating" model using this platform until the next Civic Full model Change appears, this would maximise platform utilisation. Also Honda recognise the need for a image leader in Europe.

It would be quite easy to fit the NP2 engine from CTR shorten the wheel base and add a CRX body style...

I am quite certain this is for real.
Front end should be more agressive, making a greater design feature of the headlights and grille areas...

Buran
Profile for Buran
I do not agree [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-30-2002 20:42
Businessweek magazine reported a few years ago that Mag-X was the best and the most accurate car magazine(in terms of 'spying') in Japan.
It was from this article that I came to know and began to subscribe to Mag-X, and although it is not 100% accurate in terms of drawings(and the editors at Mag-X acknowledge this), their specs of unreleased cars(future products) are very accurate.
Hence, many car companies around the world subscribe to Mag-X, and one of them was a Toyota spokesperson, who confessed that due to his company's strict secrecy, he gets the infos on new products from Mag-X.
In addition, Mag-X got an accurate rendering of Lexus SC430 two years before the car was launched.
In the end, as a subscriber to Mag-X for a long time, I believe that contrary to what you think, this is one of the most accurate and reliable source you can get in terms of future products from Japanese car makers.

Last edited by Buran on 05-30-2002 20:46
9000RPM
Profile for 9000RPM
Re: magx is hardly a reliable source [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-30-2002 22:31
Do you know what you are saying?

Current Civic sits on the Global Small platform. Platforms change every 8-10 years. Platform sharing means you build multiple cars off the same platform. It doesn't mean build a brand new flat floor platform. Honda's image leader in Europe would be Jazz (Fit).

9000RPM
Profile for 9000RPM
Re: magx is hardly a reliable source [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-30-2002 22:32
Bulldog was a concept car shown at Tokyo Auto show.
JDM_Kid
Profile for JDM_Kid
Re: magx is hardly a reliable source [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-01-2002 08:34
Mag-X also nailed the RSX deign before it came out. I have a pic of it on my comp.
guiri
Profile for guiri
Re: magx is hardly a reliable source [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-09-2002 15:35
I never said to make a new platform!!!!.
But with current civic you will get ( as with every model ) a plateau or drop in sales as the model becomes older. In order to maximise this platform usage and to keep a healthy sales figure, it would make sense to build "something else" using the platform.
In EU the biggest image leader for Honda I personally believe was the CRX ( Pre del-Sol). So it would make sense to try and use that image to generate a new model based around that image.

guiri
Profile for guiri
Re: magx is hardly a reliable source [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-09-2002 15:41
BMW, Rover, VW, Ford etc... "accidentally" find themselves exposed in European Magazines ( Autocar, etc...) , and this by all means attracts interest and allows a very early feedback from the market as to the general feel for that concept....

How do Honda , Toyota, Etc... feed early information to the market to understand if concepts will be liked?
Models we see at motorshows are either concepts more or less decided to go ahead with, or a showcase for future technologies to keep in line with competitor technological displays...I agree with you....MAG_X has to have definitely "quiet" links into Honda...

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0