[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
This 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec is wearing an exclusive new shade of blue
More.......................
2019 Pilot gets upgraded with standard LED headlights and "Telematics"
Sources: 2019 HR-V adds Sport trim, loses 6MT option
All-new 2019 Acura RDX Makes Road Debut as Official Vehicle of Rally Cycling Alongside NSX Supercar
Clarity Electric still available for $199/month lease, but down payment has increased $600
Driving impressions: Hondata's FlashPro for the FK8 Civic Type R
American Honda Reports April Sales Results
Honda reveals Everus EV Concept at Beijing International Auto Show
General Talk --> Re: Drove the new Mazda 6 Signature with 2.5 Skyactiv Turbo today
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Electronic rear view mirrors - one thing I don't like
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 2019 Civic MMC rumors?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Porsche Macan S weight distro: 56.7/43.3
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: Beat a Mirai to the H2 station last night New style H70 pumps
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2018 Spanish Grand Prix
Join Discussion......
NSX --> Re: 2020 NSX Type-R
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Tesla - facts behind the mirage
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Mishimoto Catch Can - What For?
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Moto GP Spoiler
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2018 Indy 500
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Spare Wheel Kit: Damaged Wheel
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: RDX Production Starts
Join Discussion......
Audio & Electronics --> Re: iOS 11 breaks just about all Bluetooth Functionality, 2013-15 Accordó** UPDATE **
Join Discussion......
Photo Gallery - Some other cars from 2019 NYIAS
Read Article....................
TOV Video: 2019 Acura RDX Walk-around with LPL Steve Hansen
TOV Photo Gallery: 2018 North American International Auto Show
2018 Acura RLX PR Photo Gallery
TOV First Drive: 2018 Honda Accord
2018 Honda Accord Specifications and Features (FINAL)

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Type R > > Re: Type R Tailgate Spoiler?

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
garoto
Profile for garoto
Type R Tailgate Spoiler?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-25-2018 23:37
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Is this ugly, or not terrible? The price isn't bad. It seems like its the same part as the regular hatchbacks, or rather similar to it. But in the UK it is available for the Type R, but in the US it isn't.

08F02-TGL-6Q0

You can also see it when you build and price a Type R in the UK and go add accessories.

I know it the last thing this car needs is more shit in the back, so I don't know why I'm even asking. But a wing on top of your wing? Sounds like something Tony would enjoy.

Not sure why I'm thinking of grabbing one, maybe because they're not badly priced and comes pre-painted in Championship White, makes me feel like I can tuck it under my bed and in a few years when I'm bored I can add some more heat to the R.

Thoughts?

garoto
Profile for garoto
Re: Type R Tailgate Spoiler?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-26-2018 02:31
I decided I'm not buying it, eek.
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: Type R Tailgate Spoiler?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-26-2018 11:27
garoto628 wrote:
Is this ugly, or not terrible? The price isn't bad. It seems like its the same part as the regular hatchbacks, or rather similar to it. But in the UK it is available for the Type R, but in the US it isn't.

08F02-TGL-6Q0

You can also see it when you build and price a Type R in the UK and go add accessories.

I know it the last thing this car needs is more shit in the back, so I don't know why I'm even asking. But a wing on top of your wing? Sounds like something Tony would enjoy.

Not sure why I'm thinking of grabbing one, maybe because they're not badly priced and comes pre-painted in Championship White, makes me feel like I can tuck it under my bed and in a few years when I'm bored I can add some more heat to the R.

Thoughts?

last summer when I was at the track one of the guys with a new Type R was talking about doing this. I guess he was going to remove the little vortex generators and put this on. I don't know if he actually went through with the plan though.

BG
Profile for BG
Re: Type R Tailgate Spoiler?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-26-2018 11:50

https://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/honda-shop/genuine-honda-civic-type-r-tailgate-spoiler-championship-white-2017/

garoto
Profile for garoto
Re: Type R Tailgate Spoiler?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-26-2018 12:08
JeffX wrote:
garoto628 wrote:

08F02-TGL-6Q0

Thoughts?

last summer when I was at the track one of the guys with a new Type R was talking about doing this. I guess he was going to remove the little vortex generators and put this on. I don't know if he actually went through with the plan though.

Iím still a little undecided. I feel like designers went through lengths with getting the vortex generators right, only to screw it up with a, somewhat tacky spoiler a month after buying the car. Not sure. I gotta see it in person.

The price is not terrible since itís painted, shipping is what sucks. I wish it was offered in the US, would also help to see it in person.

Undecided still. I feel like buying it down the road and storing it until I feel like itís something I want to install.

DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: Type R Tailgate Spoiler?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-26-2018 12:16
No.
NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: Type R Tailgate Spoiler?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-26-2018 12:44
^ Would probably look best if that was the only wing.
garoto
Profile for garoto
Re: Type R Tailgate Spoiler?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-26-2018 12:53
Yeah. Itís very likely I wonít get anywhere near it. If the car came with that spoiler and Honda sold the vortex generators for $900, I think I would be pissed because I wouldíve wanted that instead.
Hondarulez
Profile for Hondarulez
Re: Type R Tailgate Spoiler?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-26-2018 17:30
garoto wrote:

08F02-TGL-6Q0

Thoughts?

Probably because you are gradually being "infected" by your CTR lol. I remember reading the Automobile article and here's what was said,

You see, I have a working theory about what happens once youíve driven the Type R for a week or two: You become infected. Itís a benign infection, except for one small detail: it screws up your brainís anterior insula, nestled deep in the folds of your cerebral cortexóyour brainís aesthetic perception center. I call this ailment ďR-itis.Ē

When an uninfected person looks at the Type R, they canít help but see the incongruent angles, pasted-on lumps, and the overall Transformers-meets-Pokemon-meets-WTCC racer look. When the infected gaze upon the Type R, however, the ridiculous wing and all the other gussying-up are still there, but they donít have the same effect. Instead of perceiving a geometric and aesthetic dramedy, they see beyond the surface to the distilled essence of pure driving fun within, and that, my friends, is beautiful. It makes the Type R beautiful.

Sadly, R-itis isnít communicable between humans. It can only be contracted directly from a Type R, and requires several weeks to infiltrate and incubate before expressing symptoms.

garoto
Profile for garoto
Re: Type R Tailgate Spoiler?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-26-2018 17:41
Hondarulez wrote:
garoto wrote:

08F02-TGL-6Q0

Thoughts?

Probably because you are gradually being "infected" by your CTR lol. I remember reading the Automobile article and here's what was said,

You see, I have a working theory about what happens once youíve driven the Type R for a week or two: You become infected. Itís a benign infection, except for one small detail: it screws up your brainís anterior insula, nestled deep in the folds of your cerebral cortexóyour brainís aesthetic perception center. I call this ailment ďR-itis.Ē

When an uninfected person looks at the Type R, they canít help but see the incongruent angles, pasted-on lumps, and the overall Transformers-meets-Pokemon-meets-WTCC racer look. When the infected gaze upon the Type R, however, the ridiculous wing and all the other gussying-up are still there, but they donít have the same effect. Instead of perceiving a geometric and aesthetic dramedy, they see beyond the surface to the distilled essence of pure driving fun within, and that, my friends, is beautiful. It makes the Type R beautiful.

Sadly, R-itis isnít communicable between humans. It can only be contracted directly from a Type R, and requires several weeks to infiltrate and incubate before expressing symptoms.

Without a doubt, I have R-itis. Iím gonna get treatment. The first step is to not carry a wallet. I mean it.

Thereís actually only one ďhumanĒ capable of infecting other humans with R-itis. I wonít mention any names, but youíll be in the know when it happens to you too.

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0