[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
This 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec is wearing an exclusive new shade of blue
More.......................
2019 Pilot gets upgraded with standard LED headlights and "Telematics"
Sources: 2019 HR-V adds Sport trim, loses 6MT option
All-new 2019 Acura RDX Makes Road Debut as Official Vehicle of Rally Cycling Alongside NSX Supercar
Clarity Electric still available for $199/month lease, but down payment has increased $600
Driving impressions: Hondata's FlashPro for the FK8 Civic Type R
American Honda Reports April Sales Results
Honda reveals Everus EV Concept at Beijing International Auto Show
General Talk --> Re: I just realized
Join Discussion......
NSX --> Re: 2020 NSX Type-R
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Electricity Supplies tight in Calimestan
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 2019 Civic MMC rumors?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Porsche Macan S weight distro: 56.7/43.3
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Drove the new Mazda 6 Signature with 2.5 Skyactiv Turbo today
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Electronic rear view mirrors - one thing I don't like
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: Beat a Mirai to the H2 station last night New style H70 pumps
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2018 Spanish Grand Prix
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Tesla - facts behind the mirage
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Mishimoto Catch Can - What For?
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Moto GP Spoiler
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2018 Indy 500
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Spare Wheel Kit: Damaged Wheel
Join Discussion......
Photo Gallery - Some other cars from 2019 NYIAS
Read Article....................
TOV Video: 2019 Acura RDX Walk-around with LPL Steve Hansen
TOV Photo Gallery: 2018 North American International Auto Show
2018 Acura RLX PR Photo Gallery
TOV First Drive: 2018 Honda Accord
2018 Honda Accord Specifications and Features (FINAL)

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Type R > > Re: Championship White Bumper Holes & Bumper Plugs

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
garoto
Profile for garoto
Championship White Bumper Holes & Bumper Plugs    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-23-2018 22:03
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I donít know if any of you here are familiar with http://www.bumperplugs.com

I have no affiliation to them whatsoever, but they sell good products. Nicely finished and elegant bumper plugs to cover holes drilled on your front bumper.

They have all kinds of car makesí colors. However, they donít have Championship White. They do offer us custom development but itís way more expensive. $28 for two plugs if the color was available vs $150 for six plugs if custom ordered. When custom ordered, I canít get less than six because it doesnít make financial sense for them to develop it.

What they did say though, is that if they get at least 10 orders, they could offer it. So they put the color on a trial run after I shared my interest, here:

https://www.bumperplugs.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=1_11_101&product_id=101

I have no issues having bumper holes on my Civic Type R. In fact I have them, the car comes with dimples already in place for them. Why do I have them? Because my 06 Si doesnít and it has gained me nothing in 12 years other than a license plate frame headache. It flaps around, etc.

My CR-V had the holes and I outgrew them, I learned that I didnít care at all. But with the Type R I sometimes want to take nice photos without the license plate frame, and I donít want the holes. But I also want a properly centered license plate thatís sturdily installed at other times, it is a requirement in California. One of Honda Pro Jasonís and Hondaís own PR photos or a CR-V has the holes and they tried to hide them for the photos, which I thought was funny and cool. It made me feel better about the holes my CR-V had.

See Hondaís own CR-V with disguised holes here:

https://instagram.com/p/BROWTs2DwHp/

And so doing it the way Honda designed it seemed sensible, even though I think theyíre not-so-smart for ďforcing usĒ to do it that way. Dealers are even more not-so-smart for not always giving the customer the option. They claim itís a state requirement that the car is sold with the frame ready for a license plate even though there is no license plate at the time of purchase. I donít know how true that is, but thatís what they do.

So if you have a Championship White Type R with holes, or plan to hole it, this is a good solution. We can help each other get them for a reasonable price if 10 of us order them. They are very high quality, these people pride themselves with ďperfectionĒ and I personally like that kind of dirty talk. I feel that those who arenít obsessed with high quality products lack the ability of speaking such verbiage.

Do we have 10 people interested? I might need to also share this link over in Civic X.

garoto
Profile for garoto
Re: Championship White Bumper Holes & Bumper Plugs    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-24-2018 14:46
They also sent me an email this morning stating the following, I'll quote them exactly:

"...It takes 11 days to layer and bond a factory finish to the material. We wonít cut corners and we only use the highest quality chemistry and factory formulations for the 1600+ colors we stock. This is not a simple spray job. 9 layers of color to the finish plus 3 stages of clear, quite a bit of hand sanding, and multiple cure cycles in our downdraft system. Itís a work of art when done.

: )

$7.95 basic shipping for 1 pair and up to 9 pairs in one order. No additional charges. Overnight is an option, but most use standard Ė which is usually USPS Priority boxed with tracking, protective packaging and insurance."

I have posted this thread over at Civic X as well:
https://www.civicx.com/threads/championship-white-bumper-holes-bumper-plugs.23530/

NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: Championship White Bumper Holes & Bumper Plugs    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-24-2018 15:57
If the plugs are universal, I think your best bet is to find another vehicle in paint similar to the CTR - something like the Mini Cooper white. It essentially has the same color temperature as the Honda.
jlin583
Profile for jlin583
Re: Championship White Bumper Holes & Bumper Plugs    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-24-2018 15:57
garoto628 wrote:

I have no affiliation to them whatsoever, but they sell good products. Nicely finished and elegant bumper plugs to cover holes drilled on your front bumper.

They have all kinds of car makesí colors. However, they donít have Championship White. They do offer us custom development but itís way more expensive. $28 for two plugs if the color was available vs $150 for six plugs if custom ordered. When custom ordered, I canít get less than six because it doesnít make financial sense for them to develop it.

What they did say though, is that if they get at least 10 orders, they could offer it. So they put the color on a trial run after I shared my interest, here:

https://www.bumperplugs.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=1_11_101&product_id=101

I have no issues having bumper holes on my Civic Type R. In fact I have them, the car comes with dimples already in place for them. Why do I have them? Because my 06 Si doesnít and it has gained me nothing in 12 years other than a license plate frame headache. It flaps around, etc.

My CR-V had the holes and I outgrew them, I learned that I didnít care at all. But with the Type R I sometimes want to take nice photos without the license plate frame, and I donít want the holes. But I also want a properly centered license plate thatís sturdily installed at other times, it is a requirement in California. One of Honda Pro Jasonís and Hondaís own PR photos or a CR-V has the holes and they tried to hide them for the photos, which I thought was funny and cool. It made me feel better about the holes my CR-V had.

And so doing it the way Honda designed it seemed sensible, even though I think theyíre not-so-smart for ďforcing usĒ to do it that way. Dealers are even more not-so-smart for not always giving the customer the option. They claim itís a state requirement that the car is sold with the frame ready for a license plate even though there is no license plate at the time of purchase. I donít know how true that is, but thatís what they do.

So if you have a Championship White Type R with holes, or plan to hole it, this is a good solution. We can help each other get them for a reasonable price if 10 of us order them. They are very high quality, these people pride themselves with ďperfectionĒ and I personally like that kind of dirty talk. I feel that those who arenít obsessed with high quality products lack the ability of speaking such verbiage.

Do we have 10 people interested? I might need to also share this link over in Civic X.

Looks like you're not the only one to inquire. Is NH-0 the color you were looking for?

garoto
Profile for garoto
Re: Championship White Bumper Holes & Bumper Plugs    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-24-2018 16:26
jlin583 wrote:
garoto628 wrote:

Looks like you're not the only one to inquire. Is NH-0 the color you were looking for?

That link is the one I shared. It was put up by the company for the trial run to see if they get the number of orders they require to mass produce.

jlin583
Profile for jlin583
Re: Championship White Bumper Holes & Bumper Plugs    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-24-2018 16:52
My bad - I somehow overlooked that part in your post.

garoto
Profile for garoto
Re: Championship White Bumper Holes & Bumper Plugs    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-24-2018 20:51
NealX wrote:
If the plugs are universal, I think your best bet is to find another vehicle in paint similar to the CTR - something like the Mini Cooper white. It essentially has the same color temperature as the Honda.

Not a bad idea, but holes or plugs are enough an eyesore that I think a good paint match is the most important requirement to mitigate that effect.

garoto
Profile for garoto
Re: Championship White Bumper Holes & Bumper Plugs    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-04-2018 04:39
Got em.

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0