[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
More.......................
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
American Honda reports January sales
Acura Marks 15th Anniversary of Super Handling All-Wheel Driveô
Honda releases pricing and EPA information for 2019 Passport
American Honda Reports December Sales
American Honda Reports November Sales
General Talk --> Re: Said Goodbye to the MDX Today
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Will Honda join Aston Martin and Red Bull with Sports Cars
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Z6 head studs
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - Toro Rosso STR14 Pictures
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda Loses a $38 Million Liability Lawsuit
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2020 Honda Fit Render
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Swindon in peril
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Facts about HMA - 60 years of AHM - 50 years of CB750
Join Discussion......
Audio & Electronics --> Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Kandi EV Approved for US
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Timid AHM marketing
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Poor reliability scores for Honda and Acura
Join Discussion......
TOV Asia --> Re: Honda JP Sales 2018: Hybrids make up 55% of reg. cars
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > General Talk > > Re: 2019 Hyundai G70

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1] 2 3 4
Author
  Post New Thread
KaySee
Profile for KaySee
2019 Genesis G70    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-28-2018 15:33
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
https://www.carscoops.com/2018/03/2019-genesis-g70-official-details-photos-koreas-bmw-3-series-fighter/

The main thing that interests me here is the option for a 6 speed manual with the 2.0T RWD. I'm not sure if that will carry over to Canada since we've been getting mainly AWD versions of cars like these.

But I will always support automakers who throw a bone to the folks who still like to row their own. Seems like a decently attractive car as well. Something about the front end looks off to me but the other angles looks fine. This has the same HP rating as the Accord 2.0T at 252HP, not sure about the torque though. I still have the feeling that Honda's motors are getting more power to the wheels even with similar HP ratings.

Thoughts on the G70?

Last edited by JeffX on 03-29-2018 09:14
KaySee
Profile for KaySee
Re: 2019 Genesis G70    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-28-2018 15:35
I should have titled this "Genesis G70" my bad.
qingcong
Profile for qingcong
Re: 2019 Hyundai G70    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-28-2018 15:40
Looks pretty nice and the 6MT automatically means it makes the first cut for me. I still don't trust Hyundai engineering. They had a ways to go with building up their brand as a legit contender but then their mpg scandal a few years back put them in a hole. For me, they've still got a lot to prove to me.
NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: 2019 Genesis G70    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-28-2018 15:45
I appreciate the more flat aspect and the wheel update was a good move.

Jovian8
Profile for Jovian8
Re: 2019 Hyundai G70    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-28-2018 15:54
Consumer Reports has Genesis tops
in their brand ratings.

http://www.autonews.com/article/20180222/RETAIL03/180229924/genesis-supplants-audi-consumer-reports-brand-rankings

owequitit
Profile for owequitit
Re: 2019 Hyundai G70    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-29-2018 02:13
qingcong wrote:
Looks pretty nice and the 6MT automatically means it makes the first cut for me. I still don't trust Hyundai engineering. They had a ways to go with building up their brand as a legit contender but then their mpg scandal a few years back put them in a hole. For me, they've still got a lot to prove to me.

IMO, Hyundai has been making rapid and steady progress on their technology. I think that it, at some point, just started to get a little bit hyped up. I have been pretty amazed at some of their engineering though. Had a Kia Sorento for a rental a ways back and it was a fairly base model and I came away thinking I would have no trouble at all owning one.

The V6 was admittedly not as strong as the J series in the Pilot, but it was pretty responsive, sounded good, had adequate power, no flat spots in the power band, the transmission did its job well and it was refined. Interior materials were decent, it was well designed, well laid out and the infotainment kicked Honda's systems of the times right straight in the jimmy.

I also liked the styling and it had good paint quality and good fit and finish for thousands less than a Pilot. I think the Pilot IS better overall, but the thousands in price difference made a pretty compelling argument for the Kia.

As for the Genesis, I rank 100% of Genesis' car lineup above 100% of Acura's car lineup. I would take almost any one of the new Genesis cars and they look GREAT in person.

rev2damoon
Profile for rev2damoon
Re: 2019 Hyundai G70    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-29-2018 07:31
This thing certainly looks pretty compelling. I can see it stealing sales from somebody. I commend Genesis for having the confidence and drive to invest in their brand and aim for the top, despite being the the "new kid".
CanTeX
Profile for CanTeX
Re: 2019 Hyundai G70    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-29-2018 08:10
rev2damoon wrote:
This thing certainly looks pretty compelling. I can see it stealing sales from somebody. I commend Genesis for having the confidence and drive to invest in their brand and aim for the top, despite being the the "new kid".

I am impressed with Genesis but if I owned one Iíd still have that nagging feeling about its Hyundai underpinnings. (I do not get that feeling with our history of Acuraís and Hondas.) Iím also reminded of the time I wanted a test drive of a Lincoln MKC (so I could get that $75 VISA card for doing so) and sitting there in the shadow of an F250 dually in the showroom. Not cool to look at a Genesis in a Hyundai showroom. We continue to rent a Santa Fe Sport and imagine that vehicle in Genesis clothing. Hmmm...

NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: 2019 Hyundai G70    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-29-2018 08:14
^ That sounds a bit short-sighted.
bnilhome
Profile for bnilhome
Re: 2019 Hyundai G70    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-29-2018 09:01
I am not understanding all the love for the G70 on here. I definitely think Genesis as a brand has some potential, but I have not been blown away with their offerings of late. The design seems bland and the interior is decent but nothing overly special. Perhaps the driving experience will blow people away. Given Genesis' claims that they plan to take on the German luxury makers, it seems the products they are delivering are failing to meet that mark.
rev2damoon
Profile for rev2damoon
Re: 2019 Hyundai G70    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-29-2018 09:03
CanTeX wrote:
rev2damoon wrote:

I am impressed with Genesis but if I owned one Iíd still have that nagging feeling about its Hyundai underpinnings. (I do not get that feeling with our history of Acuraís and Hondas.) Iím also reminded of the time I wanted a test drive of a Lincoln MKC (so I could get that $75 VISA card for doing so) and sitting there in the shadow of an F250 dually in the showroom. Not cool to look at a Genesis in a Hyundai showroom. We continue to rent a Santa Fe Sport and imagine that vehicle in Genesis clothing. Hmmm...

Centex, I have to honest. I can't say that I didn't see a response like that coming from somebody...lol.
Anyway, in the context of this G70, what "Hyundai" model would you have a nagging feeling about it sharing underpinnings with?...Or are you saying that you would be nervous because it was developed by parent company Hyundai? The Kia stinger is apparently pretty darn good for all intents and purposes and already has the quintessential architecture necessary for this segment. So...

Genesis is pretty new to the lux game, but they are on the right path with models such as this. I say this to Honda/Acura...Ignore Genesis at your own peril. The G80 already stands above the RLX. Extrapolate for an eventually possible similar result for the G70 in this class, imagine Genesis continuing to build a stronger cachet/reputation, and see what happens when they enter the SUV/CUV game as well. Extend your vision. Acura's next generation of sedans have their work cut out.

KaySee
Profile for KaySee
Re: 2019 Hyundai G70    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-29-2018 13:02
qingcong wrote:

I feel the same way about the 6MT option. That is the main reason this car would be on my radar. It's a bonus that the rest of the vehicle seems well sorted out as well.

I personally feel that Hyundai has come a long way with their products and the quality ratings and reviews they have gotten recently reinforces that. From what I have driven of their products they feel pretty great these days as well. I drove the Stinger recently and had a lot of fun in that car. It is definitely more of a GT car but the switch gear and build felt high quality.

I will say that I believe Honda still has the overall edge from an engineering standpoint. Like for like, such as when I tried the Elantra Sport with the 1.6t before trying the Honda Civic Si with its 1.5t. The engine sizes and ratings were similar but the Si felt noticeably more powerful.

I think that carries over to the larger turbo motors as well. Even the Accord Touring 2.0t I drove didn't feel drastically weaker than the Stinger 3.3 V6 turbo, even though the stinger is clearly quicker.

But that is actually not a knock against Hyundai, I just still feel Honda has better powertrain engineering than most companies. But Hyundai is using the tech they do have way better than Honda right now. For that reason the G70 is more appealing than any Acura product. If they put a modded CTR powertrain in a TLX or ILX with a 6MT I'd be interested again for sure. As of now...the Accord Sport 2.0t 6MT is more exciting to me.

And thanks for the title edit Jeff!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8y9vOR2e-I

qingcong
Profile for qingcong
Re: 2019 Hyundai G70    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-29-2018 14:30
owequitit wrote:

IMO, Hyundai has been making rapid and steady progress on their technology. I think that it, at some point, just started to get a little bit hyped up. I have been pretty amazed at some of their engineering though. Had a Kia Sorento for a rental a ways back and it was a fairly base model and I came away thinking I would have no trouble at all owning one.

The V6 was admittedly not as strong as the J series in the Pilot, but it was pretty responsive, sounded good, had adequate power, no flat spots in the power band, the transmission did its job well and it was refined. Interior materials were decent, it was well designed, well laid out and the infotainment kicked Honda's systems of the times right straight in the jimmy.

A couple of recent things that prove Honda engineering worth to me:
- The 1.5T reportedly returns insane MPGs, well above the EPA ratings. I think Jeff reported this in his Si.
- The Civic Type R, enough said.
- NSX, while the merits of its hybrid system can be debated, to pull that car off is no easy feat.
Not to mention Honda's history of making cars that were both reliable and performed well. Hyundai cars might look good in the flesh and check off the boxes, I just don't trust the bones.

Fitdad
Profile for Fitdad
Re: 2019 Hyundai G70    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-29-2018 15:15
The Honda Accord 2.0T so totally dominates the Sonata 2.0T that itís almost not even worth comparing them...

As for the G70 - do we think this will do any better than the G80 or G90 sales wise? They are both firmly mid-pack...this year both are 6th in their segments according to GCBC.

Genesis so far has also not been able to change the H/K story much IMO - Car and Driver, in their reviews of the G80, basically says that the best things about the car are itís price, the number of features for the price, and itís warranty. Will the G70 change the story? I think Genesisí problem is that they overplay their value hand and itís hard for anything else to outshine the value. Especially since it seems that their engineering isnít quite up to world-class specs yet - the 2.0t in particular. Weíll see what the 2.0T Genesis can do...but the Stinger 2.0T certainly isnít up to snuff compared to the big boys. That is the volume engine and BMW and Audi make really good ones. The Stinger isnít exactly flying off dealer lots either.

lexusgs
Profile for lexusgs
Re: 2019 Hyundai G70    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-29-2018 15:30
Fitdad wrote:
The Honda Accord 2.0T so totally dominates the Sonata 2.0T that itís almost not even worth comparing them...

As for the G70 - do we think this will do any better than the G80 or G90 sales wise? They are both firmly mid-pack...this year both are 6th in their segments according to GCBC.

Genesis so far has also not been able to change the H/K story much IMO - Car and Driver, in their reviews of the G80, basically says that the best things about the car are itís price, the number of features for the price, and itís warranty. Will the G70 change the story? I think Genesisí problem is that they overplay their value hand and itís hard for anything else to outshine the value. Especially since it seems that their engineering isnít quite up to world-class specs yet - the 2.0t in particular. Weíll see what the 2.0T Genesis can do...but the Stinger 2.0T certainly isnít up to snuff compared to the big boys. That is the volume engine and BMW and Audi make really good ones. The Stinger isnít exactly flying off dealer lots either.

The G80 has been third place in its segment for a while, behind BMW and Mercedes, that is not really mid pack, that is extremely impressive and it has been creaming the RLX, Q70, Volvo, Jag, Lexus GS in sales for the past year or so.

The G90 gets good reviews, is production/dealership limited and has been behind just the S class and 7 series in sales in its segment, again, impressive for a flagship Genesis sedan especially when it has been beating more established players like the A8 and LS for months.

The G70 will be priced much lower then the G80 and will likely do well in its segment just like the G80 and G90 have.

I don't think many really cares much about the 2.0 T Genesis G70 or Stinger, the 365hp 6 cylinder is what is going to spark interest and what impresses.

NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: 2019 Hyundai G70    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-29-2018 16:12
Fitdad wrote:

Substitute "Acura" for your every mention of "Genesis;" add 28 years; then let's talk.

Hondarulez
Profile for Hondarulez
Re: 2019 Hyundai G70    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-29-2018 22:54
lexusgs wrote:
Fitdad wrote:

The G80 has been third place in its segment for a while, behind BMW and Mercedes, that is not really mid pack, that is extremely impressive and it has been creaming the RLX, Q70, Volvo, Jag, Lexus GS in sales for the past year or so.

The G90 gets good reviews, is production/dealership limited and has been behind just the S class and 7 series in sales in its segment, again, impressive for a flagship Genesis sedan especially when it has been beating more established players like the A8 and LS for months.

The G70 will be priced much lower then the G80 and will likely do well in its segment just like the G80 and G90 have.

I don't think many really cares much about the 2.0 T Genesis G70 or Stinger, the 365hp 6 cylinder is what is going to spark interest and what impresses.

Eclass 4,312 +24.2%
5series 3,185 +16.6%
XTS 1,943 +44.5%
G80 1,086
CT6 886 -3%
A6 842 -23%
Continental 758 -29.7%
S90 547 +145.3%
GS 534 -.4%
Q70 450 +8.7%
RLX 151 +46.6%

Sclass 1,369 +36.6%
CT6 845 +5.4%
7series 615 -1.3%
Panamera 602
LS 548 +86.4%
G90 277
A8 124 -51%

Hondarulez
Profile for Hondarulez
Re: 2019 Hyundai G70    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-29-2018 23:05
Fitdad wrote:

Yea, I see and agree what you are saying. I was at the autoshow yesterday and spent time in the new Genesis G70 as I wanted to see how it compares to the others in this segment, specifically Audi A4, BMW 3 Series, and MB C Class. There's definitely influence in its interior design from the A4. But in terms of quality it's not quite there with the big boys. Can easily where the cost cutting is. I'm not sure if it's any better than the Honda Accord.

Talking about cost cutting, I'm still waiting to see how heavy the G70 is, since my understanding is that it doesn't use much lightweight materials to save $$. You know, you get what you pay off. The exterior styling is a bit alright overall. The front has this infiniti look to it. Its side is like many sedans. The rear end is plain bland, no character whatsoever.

I can see where the mags are coming from. If this were priced like a 3 series, A4, or MB, I don't think it really stands much of a chance. But when you factor in the price, warranty, and if you want to be unique, then there's real potential with the Genesis G70.

Having said that, I don't think there has been any real world comparison test yet. So I think it'd be fair to wait for those before drawing any conclusions. In terms of exterior styling and interior, I'd say it's a nice try. It doesn't come close to an A4 or C Class. It compares well to the F30 3 series but then I'd imagine that car will be replaced with a new generation shortly.

I'm not sure if Acura belongs in this discussion as Acura has not been doing well for a while in terms of brand prestige, performance, and what not. Kinda irrelevant to compare Genesis with that. The bar should be set higher.

TLOwner
Profile for TLOwner
Re: 2019 Hyundai G70    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-29-2018 23:24
qingcong wrote:
owequitit wrote:

- The 1.5T reportedly returns insane MPGs, well above the EPA ratings. I think Jeff reported this in his Si.
- NSX, while the merits of its hybrid system can be debated, to pull that car off is no easy feat.
Not to mention Honda's history of making cars that were both reliable and performed well. Hyundai cars might look good in the flesh and check off the boxes, I just don't trust the bones.

reliable ? please. Honda/Acura engines have been blowing up left and right.

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: 2019 Hyundai G70    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-29-2018 23:43
TLOwner wrote:
qingcong wrote:
owequitit wrote:

They have?

lexusgs
Profile for lexusgs
Re: 2019 Hyundai G70    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-30-2018 00:07
Hondarulez wrote:
lexusgs wrote:
Fitdad wrote:

Eclass 4,312 +24.2%
5series 3,185 +16.6%
XTS 1,943 +44.5%
G80 1,086
CT6 886 -3%
A6 842 -23%
Continental 758 -29.7%
S90 547 +145.3%
GS 534 -.4%
Q70 450 +8.7%
RLX 151 +46.6%

Sclass 1,369 +36.6%
CT6 845 +5.4%
7series 615 -1.3%
Panamera 602
LS 548 +86.4%
G90 277
A8 124 -51%

That is this month with the brand new LS adding sales and newer Panamera sales, previous months the G90 has been beating the LS. CT6 is not really a S class/G90 competitor.

XTS is not really in the G80 class, it is more of a Lexus ES competitor. The CT6 is the G80 competitor.

owequitit
Profile for owequitit
Re: 2019 Hyundai G70    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-30-2018 00:55
qingcong wrote:
owequitit wrote:

1) Take a look at the G70's actual segment rather than entering non-sequiter's to try and tear Genesis down.

Not only does the Genesis arguably look better than any Acura, but it has fundamental proportions that are correct, and puts performance well above where any relatively competing Acura is.

It also doesn't look like a bloated Accord in the case of the RLX or a gussied up Civic in the case of the ILX.

2) The 1.5T does some things great. "Fun to drive" isn't one of them. It is not rev-happy (even to its low redline) it is not terribly powerful and it sucks balls when it is hot out. It simply pulls too much boost. On top of that, it rev hangs like it has a 50lb flywheel and it doesn't sound good. It also has some pretty noticeable vibrations when you wind it out. The R18 was fuel efficient too, and I hate it even more. There is a lot more to a lust worthy engine than just MPG.

That said, I know for a fact that Hyundai's corporate 3.3L V6 was on par with the J series in terms of NVH. It was down a little bit in power in comparison, but it seems to respond well to boost. The Stinger is an adequately fast car, even though it is pretty porky in terms of weight.

3) The Civic Type-R is in a segment that Hyundai isn't in and has nothing to do with Genesis. That said, I don't find the Civic Type-R to be a clear choice above its segment mates, namely the Focus RS and Golf R. The powertrain in the Civic Type-R is really good, but it is also nowhere near refined or toned down enough for a car like the Genesis or its segment mates.

The Accord's version is more realistic of engines in this segment and it is a good engine, being on par with VW's 2.0T and BMW's 2.0T. We'll see about Acura's TTV6, but as of yet, there isn't one. And even if their was, as of today, the packages it would be placed in are mostly underwhelming (the new Acura's show a LITTLE bit of promise).

4) I like the way the NSX looks, but outside of that, it is also not a stellar standout for the price in terms of driving experience or performance.

TLOwner
Profile for TLOwner
Re: 2019 Hyundai G70    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-30-2018 01:52
JeffX wrote:
TLOwner wrote:
qingcong wrote:
owequitit wrote:

They have?

yes. absolutely. You don't have to defend Honda as we all know you are paid apologist. It is so freaky that people can't even post something bad about Honda and immediately you show up.
Bad design is good design according to you. sucky sales are not caused by sucky design. on and on and on....Hey what about those Tesla hah while Honda can't sell EV for shit.

sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: 2019 Hyundai G70    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-30-2018 02:03
Oh dear....... :)
LQH
Profile for LQH
Re: 2019 Genesis G70    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-30-2018 05:16
Looks like an Alfa Giuila, which is a good thing.

CanTeX
Profile for CanTeX
Re: 2019 Hyundai G70    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-30-2018 07:18
rev2damoon wrote:
CanTeX wrote:
rev2damoon wrote:

Centex, I have to honest. I can't say that I didn't see a response like that coming from somebody...lol.
Anyway, in the context of this G70, what "Hyundai" model would you have a nagging feeling about it sharing underpinnings with?...Or are you saying that you would be nervous because it was developed by parent company Hyundai? The Kia stinger is apparently pretty darn good for all intents and purposes and already has the quintessential architecture necessary for this segment. So...

Genesis is pretty new to the lux game, but they are on the right path with models such as this. I say this to Honda/Acura...Ignore Genesis at your own peril. The G80 already stands above the RLX. Extrapolate for an eventually possible similar result for the G70 in this class, imagine Genesis continuing to build a stronger cachet/reputation, and see what happens when they enter the SUV/CUV game as well. Extend your vision. Acura's next generation of sedans have their work cut out.

Sorry, I still have visions of taking my (never bought) MKC in for service amongst all the Fusions and pickups, me being the snooty one because I went upscale above ďmereĒ Fords on my (never bought) MKC. I also remember the struggling standalone Acura dealer when I bought my Ď93 Legend. They tried to be, and were, a cut above the Honda dealership. So customers felt good about buying a not-a-Honda. In the case of the Genesis, since customers are paying bigger bucks for a fine car, there needs to be big differentiation so the customer forgets about their corporate ownership and their carís underpinnings. Like Acura did in the Ď80s and Ď90s. Honda was a well-respected brand when Acura came out. Those with good memories and the money will remember that Hyundai and Kia were the ďvalueĒ brands and their products being ďcheaperĒ in all ways. They are improving now, though, with better product but their reputation still lingers with some. Genesis is building some momentum and may the word Hyundai never be mentioned in their presence. I just wish I could still get in and out of a sedan or that G70 would get strong consideration.

qingcong
Profile for qingcong
Re: 2019 Hyundai G70    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-30-2018 09:44
owequitit wrote:

1) Take a look at the G70's actual segment rather than entering non-sequiter's to try and tear Genesis down.

Maybe you should interpret my post better rather than enter a non-sequitur about the motivation behind my post.

DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: 2019 Hyundai G70    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-30-2018 10:04
I think this looks pretty damn good.
superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: 2019 Hyundai G70    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-30-2018 10:24
TLOwner wrote:
qingcong wrote:
owequitit wrote:

Which engines are you talking about?

CanTeX
Profile for CanTeX
Re: 2019 Hyundai G70    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-30-2018 11:33
CanTeX wrote:
rev2damoon wrote:
CanTeX wrote:
rev2damoon wrote:

Sorry, I still have visions of taking my (never bought) MKC in for service amongst all the Fusions and pickups, me being the snooty one because I went upscale above ďmereĒ Fords on my (never bought) MKC. I also remember the struggling standalone Acura dealer when I bought my Ď93 Legend. They tried to be, and were, a cut above the Honda dealership. So customers felt good about buying a not-a-Honda. In the case of the Genesis, since customers are paying bigger bucks for a fine car, there needs to be big differentiation so the customer forgets about their corporate ownership and their carís underpinnings. Like Acura did in the Ď80s and Ď90s. Honda was a well-respected brand when Acura came out. Those with good memories and the money will remember that Hyundai and Kia were the ďvalueĒ brands and their products being ďcheaperĒ in all ways. They are improving now, though, with better product but their reputation still lingers with some. Genesis is building some momentum and may the word Hyundai never be mentioned in their presence. I just wish I could still get in and out of a sedan or that G70 would get strong consideration.

Yesterday, when leaving the hospital garage (in town to help out a relative who had surgery) there was an Optima in front of me, in that glorious Rental Car Gray. Wait, 4 pipes? When I got close I could see Stinger on the back. Huh? Whereís the product differentiation for the Man On The Street? Genesis needs to continue to widen the gap so they look much more premium. Now, that Stelvio we saw needed no tricks to differentiate it from the masses in that electric blue. And itís not just color but the design and how it grabs you.

Thread Page - [1] 2 3 4
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0