[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
This 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec is wearing an exclusive new shade of blue
More.......................
2019 Pilot gets upgraded with standard LED headlights and "Telematics"
Sources: 2019 HR-V adds Sport trim, loses 6MT option
All-new 2019 Acura RDX Makes Road Debut as Official Vehicle of Rally Cycling Alongside NSX Supercar
Clarity Electric still available for $199/month lease, but down payment has increased $600
Driving impressions: Hondata's FlashPro for the FK8 Civic Type R
American Honda Reports April Sales Results
Honda reveals Everus EV Concept at Beijing International Auto Show
General Talk --> Re: Drove the new Mazda 6 Signature with 2.5 Skyactiv Turbo today
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Electronic rear view mirrors - one thing I don't like
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 2019 Civic MMC rumors?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Porsche Macan S weight distro: 56.7/43.3
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: Beat a Mirai to the H2 station last night New style H70 pumps
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2018 Spanish Grand Prix
Join Discussion......
NSX --> Re: 2020 NSX Type-R
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Tesla - facts behind the mirage
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Mishimoto Catch Can - What For?
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Moto GP Spoiler
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2018 Indy 500
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Spare Wheel Kit: Damaged Wheel
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: RDX Production Starts
Join Discussion......
Audio & Electronics --> Re: iOS 11 breaks just about all Bluetooth Functionality, 2013-15 Accord—** UPDATE **
Join Discussion......
Photo Gallery - Some other cars from 2019 NYIAS
Read Article....................
TOV Video: 2019 Acura RDX Walk-around with LPL Steve Hansen
TOV Photo Gallery: 2018 North American International Auto Show
2018 Acura RLX PR Photo Gallery
TOV First Drive: 2018 Honda Accord
2018 Honda Accord Specifications and Features (FINAL)

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Fuel Cell Technology > > Re: Windshield, not audio controls

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Windshield, not audio controls    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-27-2017 20:16
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
So, the car got a new windshield yesterday.

Now the steering wheels audio controls don't work. Stereo works fine though.

A Science Experiment.... oh well...

NoClarity
Profile for NoClarity
Re: Windshield, not audio controls    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-27-2017 21:13
-

Last edited by JeffX on 10-28-2017 01:18
NoClarity
Profile for NoClarity
Re: Windshield, not audio controls    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-27-2017 21:16
I brought mine to the dealer two days ago too.

Trying to fix the rattle and the steering wheel control.

I rented a car out of my own money too.

Honda had their rep visiting their dealership yesterday to look at whether the windshield crack is covered by the warranty. It's not. It's considered rock chips.

Service advisor just called, apparently they're not finished working on the car /the rattle when I picked it up. No wonder, the rear deck rattle is still present this morning. I even took a video of it.

They will mail me the paperworks.

For the windshield, did you claim the insurance first or pay out of your own pocket and then bill insurance.

I got conflicting info. My insurance agent said to have the dealer contact them with my insurance #, etc.

The dealer just said they won't release the car until the insurance pay.

Oh, for the steering wheel control, it looks like they just disconnected and re-connected the battery. All settings was reset when I picked it up. I could have done that myself.

Somewhat wasted my time and rental fee, but at least I started the process. It was a pain for me visiting the dealership. I went there last weekend and had to come back. They were too busy, plus me too.

NoClarity
Profile for NoClarity
Re: Windshield, not audio controls    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-27-2017 21:23
Sorry for the double post. The bottom one is the latest.

Oh yeah, I am not certain, but it looks like they scratched/curbed my front right tire. I would be upset if it's not already scratched by yours truly. I know all the little imperfections in this car, including the two holes from the stapled HOV stickers. My dealer is an idiot, they stapled the stickers when they sent me. Maybe it was DMV, but most likely my dealer guy. Back when I am more OCD, it would have bothered me more. Not these days... Heck, I don't even use a ruler to measure the equal distance top bottom, lef right, when I applied the stickers. Just eye balled it.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Windshield, not audio controls    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-28-2017 00:28
NoClarity wrote:
I brought mine to the dealer two days ago too.

Trying to fix the rattle and the steering wheel control.

I rented a car out of my own money too.

Honda had their rep visiting their dealership yesterday to look at whether the windshield crack is covered by the warranty. It's not. It's considered rock chips.

Service advisor just called, apparently they're not finished working on the car /the rattle when I picked it up. No wonder, the rear deck rattle is still present this morning. I even took a video of it.

They will mail me the paperworks.

For the windshield, did you claim the insurance first or pay out of your own pocket and then bill insurance.

I got conflicting info. My insurance agent said to have the dealer contact them with my insurance #, etc.

The dealer just said they won't release the car until the insurance pay.

My wife called the insurance first and then let the dealer know about it. That took one day: the insurance company called the dealer the same day.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Windshield, not audio controls    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-28-2017 00:35
NoClarity wrote:
Sorry for the double post. The bottom one is the latest.

Oh yeah, I am not certain, but it looks like they scratched/curbed my front right tire. I would be upset if it's not already scratched by yours truly. I know all the little imperfections in this car, including the two holes from the stapled HOV stickers. My dealer is an idiot, they stapled the stickers when they sent me. Maybe it was DMV, but most likely my dealer guy. Back when I am more OCD, it would have bothered me more. Not these days... Heck, I don't even use a ruler to measure the equal distance top bottom, lef right, when I applied the stickers. Just eye balled it.

I put the stickers NOT on the rear bumper. Our 06 HCH with its sticker got hit twice and it required replacement of the bumper. Both times we had to send the whole set of HOV stickers to the DMV to get a replacement.. that took two months per set.

With this car I want to avoid that... if someone hit the rear bumper and I had to replace it, the HOV stickers would be safe. If someone hit the car so hard that I had to replace the hood or repair the trunk lid, the car would off the road for at least a month.

So, I put the rear side HOV stickers ABOVE the bumper and the rear one next to the license plate, on the back of the trunk lid. The stickers are obvious (black car) so I doubt any cop would care, specially as the placement requirement is so fuzzy.

I'm not OCD, so I just pretty much eyeballed it.. After all, if one is looking at the left side, they can't see the right side.. so long as the stickers are facing up and about a finger width placement, I'm fine.

Honestly, there are more things in life to worry about. Like Priuses driving slow on the fast lane.

eneka
Profile for eneka
Re: Windshield, not audio controls    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-28-2017 02:09
fyi you can use a laser level so all the stickers are at the same height. I've only put one sticker on the back of the bumper and didn't stick on the rest for both my EV's. Haven't had any issues.
TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Windshield, not audio controls    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-28-2017 13:05
eneka wrote:
fyi you can use a laser level so all the stickers are at the same height. I've only put one sticker on the back of the bumper and didn't stick on the rest for both my EV's. Haven't had any issues.

In Calimexistan you are issued THREE stickers, you're supposed to put them all on at the three sides of the rear of the car. This goes for the white and the old gold stickers.

My coworkers with BEV, PHEVs and NG all have the same three sticker schema.

PoweredbyHondaX
Profile for PoweredbyHondaX
Re: Windshield, not audio controls    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-28-2017 17:00
impossible.
TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Windshield, not audio controls    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-28-2017 23:00
PoweredbyHondaX wrote:
impossible.

yawn.....

PoweredbyHondaX
Profile for PoweredbyHondaX
Re: Windshield, not audio controls    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-29-2017 11:41
TonyEX wrote:
PoweredbyHondaX wrote:
impossible.

yawn.....

Ok teach me something about windshield replacement.

My dads been doing it for over 30 years. and me just 12.

But i'd like to learn something new. How did a windshield change effect your steering controls. ROFL.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Windshield, not audio controls    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-29-2017 15:35
PoweredbyHondaX wrote:
TonyEX wrote:
PoweredbyHondaX wrote:
impossible.

yawn.....

Ok teach me something about windshield replacement.

My dads been doing it for over 30 years. and me just 12.

But i'd like to learn something new. How did a windshield change effect your steering controls. ROFL.

Don't get your panties up in a bunch...

Have you been reading the posts that we are making on this forum? Two of us have Clarity FC cars.. we're having the same issues...

That's why I wrote "yawn"... because you are NOT paying attention and coming in the middle of a forum where several threads are intertwined.

OK.. just to bring you up to day.... jeez.... we've been having issues with the steering wheel audio controls... on and off... both of our cars.

NoClarity
Profile for NoClarity
Re: Windshield, not audio controls    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-30-2017 20:49

My wife called the insurance first and then let the dealer know about it. That took one day: the insurance company called the dealer the same day.

Thanks... I plan to take care of it this week, insurance first. Somehow my dealer worried about insurance not covering it. But, there is no aftermarket yet, so, insurance have no choice.

As a bonus, this new dealer closer to home is cheaper than the dealer I got it from.
NoClarity
Profile for NoClarity
Re: Windshield, not audio controls    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-30-2017 20:58
Oops..., did I messed that formatting stuff. I tried to quote the post but instead got it all black.

I have one more thing to take care. Went to the concert with the wife over the weekend, filled up the H2 otw there. My initial card was declined. What do you know, it's already over $ 1,500.

I just figure out the history of my spending today, I spend on average $ 635 a month on H2. Pretty scary. I need to drive less.

Honda hasn't sent me a replacement card nor the Avis card. Need to make a couple phone calls soon.

Honda Customer Service doesn't have this set up in one place (i.e. the card is administered bt Atira), so I kind of have to take care of this myself. Had to call Atira customer service too, in order to be able to access its online records. It was either set by my dealer, or still in default mode, as I don't recognize any of the security questions.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Windshield, not audio controls    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-30-2017 20:59
The cool thing is that they ought to have a windshield in stock.

MAKE SURE the dealer verifies that it's the FC Windshield, NOT the BEV's. We found out the hard way that AHM had them mismarked them and at the first try we got the one and only and last Clarity windshield in NA... it was for the BEV....

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Windshield, not audio controls    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-30-2017 21:06
NoClarity wrote:
Oops..., did I messed that formatting stuff. I tried to quote the post but instead got it all black.

I have one more thing to take care. Went to the concert with the wife over the weekend, filled up the H2 otw there. My initial card was declined. What do you know, it's already over $ 1,500.

I just figure out the history of my spending today, I spend on average $ 635 a month on H2. Pretty scary. I need to drive less.

Honda hasn't sent me a replacement card nor the Avis card. Need to make a couple phone calls soon.

Honda Customer Service doesn't have this set up in one place (i.e. the card is administered bt Atira), so I kind of have to take care of this myself. Had to call Atira customer service too, in order to be able to access its online records. It was either set by my dealer, or still in default mode, as I don't recognize any of the security questions.

Oh.. yeah... my wife asked me yesterday where I had the card... I told her I GAVE IT TO HER......

Oh well, now I HAVE to tear the house down to find what she says "I didn't give to her".

NoClarity
Profile for NoClarity
Re: Windshield, not audio controls    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-31-2017 20:19
I will double check with the dealer regarding BEV vs. FCV. Thanks..

I will create a separate thread about the Fuel card, for this formatting is hard to read. Sorry about that.

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0