[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
More.......................
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
American Honda reports January sales
Acura Marks 15th Anniversary of Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™
Honda releases pricing and EPA information for 2019 Passport
American Honda Reports December Sales
American Honda Reports November Sales
General Talk --> Re: Said Goodbye to the MDX Today
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Will Honda join Aston Martin and Red Bull with Sports Cars
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Z6 head studs
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - Toro Rosso STR14 Pictures
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda Loses a $38 Million Liability Lawsuit
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2020 Honda Fit Render
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Swindon in peril
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Facts about HMA - 60 years of AHM - 50 years of CB750
Join Discussion......
Audio & Electronics --> Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Kandi EV Approved for US
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Timid AHM marketing
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Poor reliability scores for Honda and Acura
Join Discussion......
TOV Asia --> Re: Honda JP Sales 2018: Hybrids make up 55% of reg. cars
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > TSX > > Re: Sudden problems.

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
Hondatalover
Profile for Hondatalover
Sudden problems.    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-12-2017 21:27
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
So the door lock actuator has been 100% done for a week now.

Just yesterday the AC stopped blowing cold and then the SAME DAY WHILE USING THE WINDOWS FOR AIR the damn drivers side window stopped going down. I hit the switch to roll it down and the motor briefly grunted before I heard a loud pop and some plastic bits fall inside the door all while the window didn't budge.

So I'm guessing whatever holds the glass to the mechanism let go. Looking at the parts online it seems to be 2 clips. A while back when I rolled the window down I heard the same pop and plastic fall inside the door so it must have been one clip broken then and now the last clip finally broke.

I noticed the chrome window edge on the outside f the door seems to flex a lot last time I washed the car and the window had been acting slow and occasionally making a screeching sound when used. Not to mention when it was fully raised it would make light pop and cracking noises in the upper portion of the door window channel.

'Guess those plastic clips were over stressed and decided to go.

The AC will low cold for about 30 seconds and then it blows hot moist air. The condenser fan kicks on and the vents operate correctly however the compressor clutch isn't engaging. Hopefully a relay.

1 Door lock
2 AC
3 Window

+ the drivers side speaker doesn't work, sometimes crackles when opening the door, and the radio HVAC lights are gone... h and the windshield is cracked and the shitty window tint. PLUS last week my neighbors kid used my car as a jungle gym and cracked my sun roof wind deflector and scuffed up the paint on the trunk and hood and made the spoiler come loose. And when I went to remove the shattered wind deflector (because it looked like sh!t and rattled at hwy speeds) and the double sided tape some of my clear coat and paint came off with it.... so I need to redo my top half now.

So many little things gone wrong with the TSX all at once. I think the Vigor has made it jealous. :(

Grady
Profile for Grady
Re: Sudden problems.    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-12-2017 21:58
Problems usually come in 3's so looks like you have all three identify and fix.
Maxtierney
Profile for Maxtierney
Re: Sudden problems.    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-13-2017 00:11
When was the last time you checked / filled your refrigerant ? If it's low enough, your clutch won't engage.
Restless
Profile for Restless
Re: Sudden problems.    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-13-2017 08:24
How old is the car?
Bullwinkle
Profile for Bullwinkle
Re: Sudden problems.    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-13-2017 09:01
Have you checked the car's charging system? If the sensors across the board are not getting enough voltage, all kinds of strange things can happen.
Hondatalover
Profile for Hondatalover
Re: Sudden problems.    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-13-2017 16:28
2003 (2004) with 142K miles. No previous AC issues other than that funny little evaporator valve "whooop!" noise that came and disappeared 2 summers ago. Even then and up to now it had been trouble free and performed excellent.

Have not checked the refrigerant yet.

AC has always been freezing cold. I would say it has always blown about 45-52 degrees effortlessly on a typical hot North Carolina 98 degree summer day, and those are typically very humid. It has been so long since I actually measured the output temp.

I'll get the car all buttoned up soon enough. Hope there isn't a leak and it just a relay but I read the bad relay will prevent the condenser fan from kicking on as well and that's not the case.

Restless
Profile for Restless
Re: Sudden problems.    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-14-2017 12:56
Its about time to refill...
Have no idea about TSX, but Accord 7 gen and CRV-2nd do have problems with AC belt, and later there was change - new shorter belt and removal of one tensioner...

Hondatalover
Profile for Hondatalover
Re: Sudden problems.    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-16-2017 23:19
Found the problem for the window. The glue separated from the glass and the regulator arm. Crazy but a simple fix.

((cannot embed anymore?))
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxCi0uLUXhI

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: Sudden problems.    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-17-2017 00:26

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: Sudden problems.    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-17-2017 10:21
Hondatalover wrote:
So the door lock actuator has been 100% done for a week now.

Just yesterday the AC stopped blowing cold and then the SAME DAY WHILE USING THE WINDOWS FOR AIR the damn drivers side window stopped going down. I hit the switch to roll it down and the motor briefly grunted before I heard a loud pop and some plastic bits fall inside the door all while the window didn't budge.

So I'm guessing whatever holds the glass to the mechanism let go. Looking at the parts online it seems to be 2 clips. A while back when I rolled the window down I heard the same pop and plastic fall inside the door so it must have been one clip broken then and now the last clip finally broke.

I noticed the chrome window edge on the outside f the door seems to flex a lot last time I washed the car and the window had been acting slow and occasionally making a screeching sound when used. Not to mention when it was fully raised it would make light pop and cracking noises in the upper portion of the door window channel.

'Guess those plastic clips were over stressed and decided to go.

The AC will low cold for about 30 seconds and then it blows hot moist air. The condenser fan kicks on and the vents operate correctly however the compressor clutch isn't engaging. Hopefully a relay.

1 Door lock
2 AC
3 Window

+ the drivers side speaker doesn't work, sometimes crackles when opening the door, and the radio HVAC lights are gone... h and the windshield is cracked and the shitty window tint. PLUS last week my neighbors kid used my car as a jungle gym and cracked my sun roof wind deflector and scuffed up the paint on the trunk and hood and made the spoiler come loose. And when I went to remove the shattered wind deflector (because it looked like sh!t and rattled at hwy speeds) and the double sided tape some of my clear coat and paint came off with it.... so I need to redo my top half now.

So many little things gone wrong with the TSX all at once. I think the Vigor has made it jealous. :(

In our '06 odyssey we had the AC go out. At first it seemed to work intermittently but then it just went completely out. It was about 9 years old IIRC. The problem was the field coil pack in the compressor clutch. They use aluminum coils so over time the aluminum fails and there's not enough field to clamp the clutch. It's a relatively inexpensive part (~$70-80) but due to labor the repair was around $400-500 IIRC. It looks like the job might be a bit easier on a TSX (no need to drain/refill the refrigerant) so it shouldn't cost as much.

The AC guys said our compressor seemed to be in very good shape. I only had the car for another year, but it continued to work great for that time period.

Hondatalover
Profile for Hondatalover
Re: Sudden problems.    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-22-2017 20:24
Epoxied the window last night, it works to day but you can tell the track is very dry. I will avoid using it until I grease the tracks.

I also don't think the epoxy will hold very long.

Hondatalover
Profile for Hondatalover
Re: Sudden problems.    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-24-2017 19:54
Window broke again today :)

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0