[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
More.......................
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
American Honda reports January sales
Acura Marks 15th Anniversary of Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™
Honda releases pricing and EPA information for 2019 Passport
American Honda Reports December Sales
American Honda Reports November Sales
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Swindon in peril
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Timid AHM marketing
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda Loses a $38 Million Liability Lawsuit
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Poor reliability scores for Honda and Acura
Join Discussion......
TOV Asia --> Re: Honda JP Sales 2018: Hybrids make up 55% of reg. cars
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda's new sub-brand Honda e
Join Discussion......
Amateur Racing & Driving --> Re: My first helmet !
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Honda closing UK plant that builds the Type R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Original NSX prototype only had a SOHC V6 without VTEC
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Rumours that Honda will close its Swindon plant
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Sunny came home with a mission
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2019 F1 Releases/Launches
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Type R bike carrier
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > TSX > > Re: 2012 TSX - Memory Seat Function suddenly stopped working - UPDATE - it's working again

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
2012 TSX - Memory Seat Function suddenly stopped working    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-11-2017 16:50
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I did some google searches on this and didn't find anything specific to 2nd gen TSXs, but the 2 position memory function on our '12 TSX Sportwagon just stopped working yesterday. You can push any of the 3 buttons (1, 2, and set) and nothing happens. No lights, no seat movement. I checked the car's setting on the MID and the memory position link is active, so it's not that.

The car has a little over 40000 miles on it now. I checked the fuse (7.5Amp, position #2) in the fusebox and it's fine. One search result that I saw mentioned something about the door mirror actuators. Both door mirrors are working fine in our car BUT, the dip-on-reverse function on the driver's side no longer seems to be working. It is still working on the passenger side, so maybe the actuator for the driver's door mirror is messed up?

Has anybody else had this problem with their 2nd gen TSX? If so, what was the actual cause and fix?

Last edited by JeffX on 10-11-2017 16:53
cksi1372
Profile for cksi1372
Re: 2012 TSX - Memory Seat Function suddenly stopped working    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-11-2017 18:50
JeffX wrote:
I did some google searches on this and didn't find anything specific to 2nd gen TSXs, but the 2 position memory function on our '12 TSX Sportwagon just stopped working yesterday. You can push any of the 3 buttons (1, 2, and set) and nothing happens. No lights, no seat movement. I checked the car's setting on the MID and the memory position link is active, so it's not that.

The car has a little over 40000 miles on it now. I checked the fuse (7.5Amp, position #2) in the fusebox and it's fine. One search result that I saw mentioned something about the door mirror actuators. Both door mirrors are working fine in our car BUT, the dip-on-reverse function on the driver's side no longer seems to be working. It is still working on the passenger side, so maybe the actuator for the driver's door mirror is messed up?

Has anybody else had this problem with their 2nd gen TSX? If so, what was the actual cause and fix?

I'll preface this by saying just an educated guess below. We've had issues with our passenger mirror tilt on our MDX, but it hasn't affected the memory seats.

Anyway, I'm assuming the power seats still work, correct? Also, do you have 2 keys that have different programs in them? Try putting 1 key in and seeing if the seat moves to the programed position of that key and then try the 2nd key and see if that changes the seat position. If that works, it's probably just the memory switch, which would be nice and the cheaper solution...about $95 for the part. If not, it may be the memory module which is more like $300 for the part. You'd probably still have to change the switch, as well. I know this isn't a precise answer to your question, but hopefully rules something in or out...electrical gremlins are the worst.

Carnut1971!
Profile for Carnut1971!
Re: 2012 TSX - Memory Seat Function suddenly stopped working    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-11-2017 19:04
We had a similar issues with our 2011 pilot (touring) last year. I figured that the car-battery may be going (not the remorte battery)so I replaced it. Problem solved!
Grace141
Profile for Grace141
Re: 2012 TSX - Memory Seat Function suddenly stopped working    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-11-2017 23:26
And just to be certain, the 2G TSX had the reversing tilt-down feature on the driver's side mirror? Our RDX only had it on the passenger side mirror.

My first thought was to disconnect and reconnect the car battery for a reboot.

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: 2012 TSX - Memory Seat Function suddenly stopped working    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-12-2017 00:07
Grace141 wrote:
And just to be certain, the 2G TSX had the reversing tilt-down feature on the driver's side mirror? Our RDX only had it on the passenger side mirror.

My first thought was to disconnect and reconnect the car battery for a reboot.

I drive so many cars over the course of a year I can't be 100% certain, but to the best of my recollection, the reverse tilt-down was dependent upon which side was selected on the power mirror switch. So if it was clicked to the left, the left mirror would dip. If it was in the middle, neither mirror would dip. And if you slid it to the right, then the right mirror would dip when you shifted into reverse.

Currently, only the right mirror is dipping when reverse is engaged. I am close to 100% certain that the left mirror would dip previously (with the switch in that position, of course), but I will double check in the owners manual when I get a chance.

I will also try pulling the battery cable when I get a chance.

madeinhoko
Profile for madeinhoko
Re: 2012 TSX - Memory Seat Function suddenly stopped working    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-12-2017 00:46
Jeff,

my 2012 TSX Sportwagon only has the reverse tilt feature on the passenger side mirror only.

Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: 2012 TSX - Memory Seat Function suddenly stopped working    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-12-2017 05:28
Carnut1971! wrote:
We had a similar issues with our 2011 pilot (touring) last year. I figured that the car-battery may be going (not the remorte battery)so I replaced it. Problem solved!

I was thinking similar; with the Leg End, you get the airplane-disaster dash situation whilst driving. 1st, SH-AWD failure, then AFS, failure, then a whole string of failures. A battery switch normally stops it repeating. I conditioned ny (relatively new) battery and it's not repeated.

When the old battery was going, 1st sign was, it kept forgetting the seat memory positions. Which is actually why I replaced it.

Yet it could still crank a J35 into life...

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: 2012 TSX - Memory Seat Function suddenly stopped working    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-12-2017 07:22
madeinhoko wrote:
Jeff,

my 2012 TSX Sportwagon only has the reverse tilt feature on the passenger side mirror only.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up.

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: 2012 TSX - Memory Seat Function suddenly stopped working - UPDATE - it's working again    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-13-2017 10:05
Now this was a strange one.

The memory seats are working again although both memory positions were cleared out - I'm guessing that happened when I pulled the fuse. But today I went to move the car and decided to try clicking the buttons again and when i hit the memory button all of the LEDs flashed for a fe moments. So I tried setting one of the positions and it seems to be working again.

It's just weird because the other day when I was troubleshooting this, there was no response from any of the buttons - no beeps, no lights, nothing. Hopefully this was a one-off deal due to a temporary low voltage situation or something and not something that's going to fail sporadically.

Karl O.
Profile for Karl O.
Re: 2012 TSX - Memory Seat Function suddenly stopped working - UPDATE - it's working again    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-13-2017 11:31
How many batteries has the car had? My '13 is on its 3rd battery. Low voltage causes all kinds of brain farts.
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: 2012 TSX - Memory Seat Function suddenly stopped working - UPDATE - it's working again    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-13-2017 13:39
Karl O. wrote:
How many batteries has the car had? My '13 is on its 3rd battery. Low voltage causes all kinds of brain farts.

We're only on the 2nd battery. The car has 40000 miles on the odo right now. The 1st battery croaked last year I think.

Bullwinkle
Profile for Bullwinkle
Re: 2012 TSX - Memory Seat Function suddenly stopped working - UPDATE - it's working again    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-13-2017 13:47
JeffX wrote:
Now this was a strange one.

The memory seats are working again although both memory positions were cleared out - I'm guessing that happened when I pulled the fuse. But today I went to move the car and decided to try clicking the buttons again and when i hit the memory button all of the LEDs flashed for a fe moments. So I tried setting one of the positions and it seems to be working again.

It's just weird because the other day when I was troubleshooting this, there was no response from any of the buttons - no beeps, no lights, nothing. Hopefully this was a one-off deal due to a temporary low voltage situation or something and not something that's going to fail sporadically.

I too have a TSX Sport Wagon.

1) I can confirm that the reverse mirror tilt works ONLY on the passenger side and ONLY when the mirror adjust control on the driver's door is set to the passenger side.

2) I had the same intermittent problem with the memory seats on a 2007 MDX. Then one day, the audio system started asking for a code, which told me that power had been interrupted. I opened the hood and found that one of the battery terminals (I do not remember which one) was incredibly loose. I cleaned both terminals and firmly re-attached them and never had the problem again (since traded it for a TSX sport wagon).

3) Recently had these weird issues with my S2000. First, the power down all the way function stopped working on my drivers side window. Then, the top refused to go down unless the engine was running. Finally, the car would die at every stop light. Turns out that virtually everything in the charging system was bad. Alternator, Belts, Battery. Now everything works fine and the car is getting 20% better gas mileage to boot.

MORAL: Weird shit starts happening, check the charging system. Sensors don't get enough voltage, they don't work right.

Bullwinkle
Profile for Bullwinkle
Re: 2012 TSX - Memory Seat Function suddenly stopped working - UPDATE - it's working again    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-13-2017 13:56
By the way, did we ever figure out how many of us have a TSX sport wagon and an s2000? Can't be more than about 5 or 10, can it?

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0