[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
More.......................
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
More.......................
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
More.......................
American Honda reports January sales
More.......................
Acura Marks 15th Anniversary of Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™
More.......................
Honda releases pricing and EPA information for 2019 Passport
More.......................
American Honda Reports December Sales
More.......................
American Honda Reports November Sales
More.......................
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Swindon in peril
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2020 Honda Fit Render
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Kandi EV Approved for US
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda Loses a $38 Million Liability Lawsuit
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Timid AHM marketing
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Poor reliability scores for Honda and Acura
Join Discussion......
TOV Asia --> Re: Honda JP Sales 2018: Hybrids make up 55% of reg. cars
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda's new sub-brand Honda e
Join Discussion......
Amateur Racing & Driving --> Re: My first helmet !
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Honda closing UK plant that builds the Type R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Original NSX prototype only had a SOHC V6 without VTEC
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Rumours that Honda will close its Swindon plant
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Sunny came home with a mission
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
Read Article....................
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > TSX > > Re: Tire recommendations for 2012 TSX Sportwagon?

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1] 2
Author
  Post New Thread
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Tire recommendations for 2012 TSX Sportwagon?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-20-2017 10:01
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Would be curious to hear some tire recommendations for a 2nd gen TSX.

We have the Mugen sport suspension package on ours. The car has nearly 40000 miles on it and we're getting close to time to replace the OEM Michelins.

It'd be awesome if I could put summer tires on it but we do have some cold snaps here so I'm most interested in all-seasons. They don't have to be ultra high performance, but performance is a concern, as is ride comfort, wear, and noise. So whichever tire provides the best balance of those (along with cost) is what I'm most interested in hearing about.

thanks in advance for your suggestions/feedback.

WRCanuck
Profile for WRCanuck
Re: Tire recommendations for 2012 TSX Sportwagon?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-20-2017 10:38
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Jeff,

After 2 or 3 sets of the Michelins on my 2005 TSX, I went with the Continental PureContact with EcoPlus. They are a fantastic three-season touring tire. (I have dedicated winter tires.)

The ride is smoother and quieter. They grip really, really well in dry and wet. They're very sure-footed on off- and on-ramps, and they seem to be wearing very well, too.

I highly recommend looking at them for your TSX Sportwagon (still wish that they sold those here in Canada).

Karl O.
Profile for Karl O.
Re: Tire recommendations for 2012 TSX Sportwagon?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-20-2017 11:24
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I'll be watching this too, I'm in the same boat.

I was looking at the Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus- they're about $550 + shipping from Tire Rack and I think Consumer Reports had them highly rated. Although I may just go with a summer tire.

Grace141
Profile for Grace141
Re: Tire recommendations for 2012 TSX Sportwagon?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-20-2017 13:17
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
It looks like the 2G TSX and my 8G Accord EXL sedan run the same size OEM Michelin Pilot HX MXM4. I have about 5k miles on a set of Michelin Premier A/S tires which I'd say are good with good traction in rain and cold weather as well as light snow. They give a whirling sound noise on some types of grooved concrete Interstate pavement, more so than the OEM Pilots, but it's not bad. And there is some tread squirm during transitions so it's at the low end of the performance scale. I'd buy them again for the Accord.

I looked at the Pilot Sport A/S 3 (now replaced by the A/S 3+) and would have bought a set but my tire rotations are at 8k miles at best. I also considered the Pirelli mentioned by Karl but the customer reviews on the Tire Rack's site seemed to be all over the place. The Tire Rack comparo of the P7 against the Premier rated it as a good tire though.

That TR comparo also included the Bridgestone Turanza Serenity which I had on our 7G Accord when I sold it. Good tire with very low road noise but also very little grip in the extreme cold and snowy conditions.

I ran my OEM Pilots to 70k miles and they were just starting to get loose in the rain compared to your 40k miles on yours. Tires, what can you do? All said, I'd pick the Pilot Sport A/S 3+ for the TSX wagon. I find the Continentals tempting but I haven't owned a set.

By the way, a big thank you to the Tire Rack folks for what they do.

Fan Koni
Profile for Fan Koni
Re: Tire recommendations for 2012 TSX Sportwagon?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-20-2017 16:27
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Would suggest the primacy HP. It's the OEM summer tire downunder.
Since you have sport suspension I find the understeer OK.
Conti dissolved on me, the pilot was a little better.
Probably too hot here.

Mikgtir
Profile for Mikgtir
Re: Tire recommendations for 2012 TSX Sportwagon?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-20-2017 16:41
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Always weared Michelin Pilot Sport 3 for summer. Fantastic. Last long for high performance tires (20k miles app.) recommended. (euro accord tsx 2.4)
blackstripe77
Profile for blackstripe77
Re: Tire recommendations for 2012 TSX Sportwagon?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-20-2017 21:46
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I can't speak for all season tires, but if you don't get snow and are above freezing temps you could probably get away with summers? I'm currently running a nearly worn down set of Potenza RE11s on the Odyssey (basically the same chassis as the TSX wagon with two more seats) and also on the Mugen sport suspension package. Ride comfort and noise is good, but they definitely felt heavier than the stock touring tires. Handling wise they much more stable, especially given the weight of the car. Like all tires, they need a little bit more care before they're warmed up in the winter if its wet out, and as for wear, I seem to have heat cycled them out (with 3 years daily driving) before wearing them down completely. Otherwise they grip for days, and feel like a much better match to the setup than the stock touring tires. I've been considering the Pilot Super Sports and RE71Rs for my next set which I'll stick on this summer, and I've been leaning towards the Bridgestones.
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: Tire recommendations for 2012 TSX Sportwagon?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-20-2017 23:58
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
blackstripe77 wrote:
I can't speak for all season tires, but if you don't get snow and are above freezing temps you could probably get away with summers? I'm currently running a nearly worn down set of Potenza RE11s on the Odyssey (basically the same chassis as the TSX wagon with two more seats) and also on the Mugen sport suspension package. Ride comfort and noise is good, but they definitely felt heavier than the stock touring tires. Handling wise they much more stable, especially given the weight of the car. Like all tires, they need a little bit more care before they're warmed up in the winter if its wet out, and as for wear, I seem to have heat cycled them out (with 3 years daily driving) before wearing them down completely. Otherwise they grip for days, and feel like a much better match to the setup than the stock touring tires. I've been considering the Pilot Super Sports and RE71Rs for my next set which I'll stick on this summer, and I've been leaning towards the Bridgestones.


we do get some sub 0C temps in the winter. If it were me driving the car primarily, i'd probably go ahead with the summer tires. But my wife drives it far more than I do and she sometimes has to drive a good distance for work, and I never want her to be caught out somewhere dealing with zero grip if there's a sudden cold rain/sleet/ice event.

I had summer tires on my Si and it was never a problem for me since I could work from home any time I needed to. But they were pretty worthless below 5-6C if there was any sort of moisture on the road. My wife wouldn't put up with it and I wouldn't want to put her in that position.

blackstripe77
Profile for blackstripe77
Re: Tire recommendations for 2012 TSX Sportwagon?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-21-2017 03:34
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Ah I see, that makes sense. It's definitely an important factor. I'm mainly considering the PSS because it should be much more forgiving in standing water than the RE71R if my parents happen to be driving. They don't look like they can clear as much water as the RE11s, and the half worn RE11s are already extra sketchy in cold and wet conditions now that they've heat cycled out.

Mikgtir
Profile for Mikgtir
Re: Tire recommendations for 2012 TSX Sportwagon?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-21-2017 04:36
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Mikgtir wrote:
Always weared Michelin Pilot Sport 3 for summer. Fantastic. Last long for high performance tires (20k miles app.) recommended. (euro accord tsx 2.4)

These ones:

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Pilot+Sport+A%2FS+3%2B+%28H-+or+V-Speed+Rated%29&partnum=245VR8PSAS3PLXL&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Acura&autoYear=2011&autoModel=TSX&autoModClar=With%20Technology%20Package

Mikgtir
Profile for Mikgtir
Re: Tire recommendations for 2012 TSX Sportwagon?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-21-2017 04:39
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Mikgtir wrote:
Mikgtir wrote:
Always weared Michelin Pilot Sport 3 for summer. Fantastic. Last long for high performance tires (20k miles app.) recommended. (euro accord tsx 2.4)

These ones:

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Pilot+Sport+A%2FS+3%2B+%28H-+or+V-Speed+Rated%29&partnum=245VR8PSAS3PLXL&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Acura&autoYear=2011&autoModel=TSX&autoModClar=With%20Technology%20Package


My mistake, called M Pilot Sport 3 in Europe: called Super Sport in US (marketing..) here is the correct link:

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Pilot+Super+Sport&partnum=245YR8PSSXLV2&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Acura&autoYear=2011&autoModel=TSX&autoModClar=With%20Technology%20Package

Mikgtir
Profile for Mikgtir
Re: Tire recommendations for 2012 TSX Sportwagon?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-21-2017 04:42
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Reviews from Acura drivers with Michelin Super Sport:

https://www.tirerack.com/survey/SurveyComments.jsp?&category=tire&additionalComments=y&commentStatus=P&tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Pilot+Super+Sport&fromTireDetail=true&partnum=245YR8PSSXLV2&tirePageLocQty=%26partnum%3D245YR8PSSXLV2

Mikgtir
Profile for Mikgtir
Re: Tire recommendations for 2012 TSX Sportwagon?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-21-2017 04:48
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Best third party comment found:
quote
Initial Review:
1,500 Miles on Tires
December 22, 2012
After five sets of Michelin Pilot Exalto PE2 tires, the PE2 tires became unavailable in the 225/45-17 size. I'm excited to try the Pilot Super Sport tires as replacements. In comparison, the Super Sports have a slightly higher tread wear rating, and the pricing is similar. The tires are just as quiet, and a bit softer riding than the PE2's. The handling is even better, both dry and wet. The only slight negative is the turn-in is a bit slower, perhaps due to less stiff sidewalls or beads which are helping improve the ride quality. No matter, my TSX with a slightly modified suspension/brakes handles like it's on rails in the dry and wet, making the daily commute a little more fun!
unquote

gofast182
Profile for gofast182
Re: Tire recommendations for 2012 TSX Sportwagon?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-21-2017 09:29
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
For an emphasis on performance:

It looks like the Michelin Pilot A/S 3+ is going to be one of the premier tires you can get.

I have some experience with the Bridgestone Potenza RE970AS and it's an impressive all-season tire. I'm finding that Bridgestone is making some great performance tires at a lesser price than Michelin. I'm running RE-71R's on the S2000 and they're insanely good.

Two options that are a little more well-rounded (comfortable):

I read the tire forum on BITOG as well as keep up with tire rack and the Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus are a tire that people really seem to like a lot because it seems to do everything well including handling some occasional winter weather (as much as an all-season can).

The Yokohama AVID series is another I have experience with and they're outstanding tires for the money.



LHT62
Profile for LHT62
Re: Tire recommendations for 2012 TSX Sportwagon?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-21-2017 12:41
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I've been really happy with Michelin Pilot Sport AS/3's on my TSX wagon. Sooooooo much better than the OEM tires. The AS/3's look really good on the OEM wheels, too. Wet and dry traction has been very impressive. Tire noise is noticeably less.

Wheel slip off the line on wet roads has been such a real problem in the wagon (57/43 empty weight balance), even on "normal" acceleration, with just a moderate amount of weight in the cargo area. The AS/3's have certainly helped with this problem.

Bullwinkle
Profile for Bullwinkle
Re: Tire recommendations for 2012 TSX Sportwagon?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-21-2017 20:26
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
WRCanuck wrote:
Jeff,

After 2 or 3 sets of the Michelins on my 2005 TSX, I went with the Continental PureContact with EcoPlus. They are a fantastic three-season touring tire. (I have dedicated winter tires.)

The ride is smoother and quieter. They grip really, really well in dry and wet. They're very sure-footed on off- and on-ramps, and they seem to be wearing very well, too.

I highly recommend looking at them for your TSX Sportwagon (still wish that they sold those here in Canada).



I have about 4,000 miles on a set of PureContacts. They complement the TSX Sport Wagon very well. And they are quiet. The do extremely well in wet and light snow conditions here in Chicago. The OEM Michelins were always a little iffy.

I have noticed about a 10% improvement in fuel economy as well.

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: Tire recommendations for 2012 TSX Sportwagon?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-22-2017 03:57
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
This is great feedback, so far. Thanks!
gofast182
Profile for gofast182
Re: Tire recommendations for 2012 TSX Sportwagon?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-27-2017 19:48
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Just curious where the purchase is headed? Better performance or better livability?
6Speeds
Profile for 6Speeds
Re: Tire recommendations for 2012 TSX Sportwagon?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-27-2017 22:26
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I've been considering this same question for our '11 TSX Sport Wagon. As my wife's car and primary transport for our little one, I'll probably ride the OEM Pilots through this summer and switch to the newer Michelin Premier A/S for the fall and winter. As the Sport Wagon already has a pretty stiff (great handling) but somewhat unforgiving (potholes hurt) suspension, I think the Premiers would offer a more comfortable and relatively uncompromised drive. I've had the precursor Primacy MXV4s on my CL-S for over 6 years now, and those tires literally transformed that car -- significant noise reduction (the TSX is terrible with the OEMs above 60mph), confident all-weather handling (for Chicago), and a little reduction in dry handling. So if the new Premier is the successor to the MXV4 with fewer compromises, I'm pretty much sold.

gofast182
Profile for gofast182
Re: Tire recommendations for 2012 TSX Sportwagon?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-28-2017 09:03
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
6Speeds wrote:
I've been considering this same question for our '11 TSX Sport Wagon. As my wife's car and primary transport for our little one, I'll probably ride the OEM Pilots through this summer and switch to the newer Michelin Premier A/S for the fall and winter. As the Sport Wagon already has a pretty stiff (great handling) but somewhat unforgiving (potholes hurt) suspension, I think the Premiers would offer a more comfortable and relatively uncompromised drive. I've had the precursor Primacy MXV4s on my CL-S for over 6 years now, and those tires literally transformed that car -- significant noise reduction (the TSX is terrible with the OEMs above 60mph), confident all-weather handling (for Chicago), and a little reduction in dry handling. So if the new Premier is the successor to the MXV4 with fewer compromises, I'm pretty much sold.


Just as a counterpoint to this, I understand the Turanza Serenity Plus to be Bridgestone's answer to the Primacy/Premier. Folks on BITOG seem to like this tire a lot (similar for Tire Rack) but I gather that the one with the higher V speed rating is the one to get. At the same time, it's hard to go wrong with Michelin; they always seem to have a good balance of grip and ride comfort although you usually have to pay for it.

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: Tire recommendations for 2012 TSX Sportwagon?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-28-2017 12:54
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
gofast182 wrote:
Just curious where the purchase is headed? Better performance or better livability?


The OEM tires have been decent but I think there's room for improvement in terms of both performance AND livability.

I'm basically looking for an overachieving all-season tire. I know there's a lot more performance available if I go with a summer option (and I'd consider going that way if I could find a set of 18" TSX V6 wheels on the cheap) but for now it's all-seasons.

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: Tire recommendations for 2012 TSX Sportwagon?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-28-2017 13:16
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
JeffX wrote:
gofast182 wrote:
Just curious where the purchase is headed? Better performance or better livability?


The OEM tires have been decent but I think there's room for improvement in terms of both performance AND livability.

I'm basically looking for an overachieving all-season tire. I know there's a lot more performance available if I go with a summer option (and I'd consider going that way if I could find a set of 18" TSX V6 wheels on the cheap) but for now it's all-seasons.


I have the Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 tires on my Si and they are fantastic all season tires with a Z speed rating and a 550 treadwear rating, I believe.

The DWS 06 is the second generation of the DWS, and they are a greatly improved design over the first generation, which I had on the Si previously.


https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=ExtremeContact+DWS+06#RatingsReviews



JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: Tire recommendations for 2012 TSX Sportwagon?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-28-2017 14:19
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
superchg2 wrote:
JeffX wrote:
gofast182 wrote:
Just curious where the purchase is headed? Better performance or better livability?


The OEM tires have been decent but I think there's room for improvement in terms of both performance AND livability.

I'm basically looking for an overachieving all-season tire. I know there's a lot more performance available if I go with a summer option (and I'd consider going that way if I could find a set of 18" TSX V6 wheels on the cheap) but for now it's all-seasons.


I have the Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 tires on my Si and they are fantastic all season tires with a Z speed rating and a 550 treadwear rating, I believe.

The DWS 06 is the second generation of the DWS, and they are a greatly improved design over the first generation, which I had on the Si previously.


https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=ExtremeContact+DWS+06#RatingsReviews





yes, that's one of the tires that I'm considering. Thanks for your feedback. The Contis on my accord are actually fairly decent. Relatively quiet, acceptable wet/dry grip. I just don't know how well they will wear.

mad_ox1
Profile for mad_ox1
Re: Tire recommendations for 2012 TSX Sportwagon?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-28-2017 14:36
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
JeffX wrote:
superchg2 wrote:
JeffX wrote:
gofast182 wrote:
Just curious where the purchase is headed? Better performance or better livability?


The OEM tires have been decent but I think there's room for improvement in terms of both performance AND livability.

I'm basically looking for an overachieving all-season tire. I know there's a lot more performance available if I go with a summer option (and I'd consider going that way if I could find a set of 18" TSX V6 wheels on the cheap) but for now it's all-seasons.


I have the Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 tires on my Si and they are fantastic all season tires with a Z speed rating and a 550 treadwear rating, I believe.

The DWS 06 is the second generation of the DWS, and they are a greatly improved design over the first generation, which I had on the Si previously.


https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=ExtremeContact+DWS+06#RatingsReviews





yes, that's one of the tires that I'm considering. Thanks for your feedback. The Contis on my accord are actually fairly decent. Relatively quiet, acceptable wet/dry grip. I just don't know how well they will wear.



I just put these on my RL last week. Early days, and hard to gauge just the tires as I removed the garbage PAX wheels at the same time, but they definitely have a higher grip level than the old Michelins (which isn't saying much) with no negative change to road noise or comfort, even with a +1 wheel size.

gofast182
Profile for gofast182
Re: Tire recommendations for 2012 TSX Sportwagon?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-28-2017 15:12
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
My experience with Continental is mixed, at best.
On our old '10 CR-V we had to replace all 4 at ~10k miles because of a wobbling noise coming from two and they were nearly impossible to balance (my service dept. tried to help but it was then that I realized tire warranties aren't worth the paper they're printed on). We put a set of Yokohama AVID Tourings on and it was a huge improvement.
Now I have Continental's on the BMW and they're quite noisy, they do grip pretty well (up to 3200 miles at least).
Understanding both are OE tires one can take that with a grain of salt, still, I'm skeptical.

chhan02
Profile for chhan02
Re: Tire recommendations for 2012 TSX Sportwagon?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-28-2017 16:02
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I always prefer Michelin and have Michelin on all
our vehicles. I got the Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus on my dad's W210 E320 with selling car in mind. It replaced MXM4s. They are super super quiet and smooth. It grips very well in the dry. I have not had a lot of time in the wet, but for California weather I don't need to worry about it. I got a great deal from America's Tires from online price matching.

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: Tire recommendations for 2012 TSX Sportwagon?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-28-2017 16:20
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
gofast182 wrote:

Now I have Continental's on the BMW and they're quite noisy, they do grip pretty well (up to 3200 miles at least).


Are the Continental's on the Beemer run flat's?

gofast182
Profile for gofast182
Re: Tire recommendations for 2012 TSX Sportwagon?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-28-2017 18:06
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
superchg2 wrote:
gofast182 wrote:

Now I have Continental's on the BMW and they're quite noisy, they do grip pretty well (up to 3200 miles at least).


Are the Continental's on the Beemer run flat's?


Yes they are. I'm sure that factors in.

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: Tire recommendations for 2012 TSX Sportwagon?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-28-2017 22:30
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
gofast182 wrote:
superchg2 wrote:
gofast182 wrote:

Now I have Continental's on the BMW and they're quite noisy, they do grip pretty well (up to 3200 miles at least).


Are the Continental's on the Beemer run flat's?


Yes they are. I'm sure that factors in.


The Continental's DWS 06's on my Si are very quiet so far.

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: Tire recommendations for 2012 TSX Sportwagon?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-29-2017 13:09
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
gofast182 wrote:
superchg2 wrote:
gofast182 wrote:

Now I have Continental's on the BMW and they're quite noisy, they do grip pretty well (up to 3200 miles at least).


Are the Continental's on the Beemer run flat's?


Yes they are. I'm sure that factors in.



yes I will be avoiding run flats like the plague.


 
Thread Page - [1] 2
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0