[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
American Honda Reports November Sales
More.......................
2019 Honda Passport Makes World Debut: Adventure-Ready All-New 5-passenger SUV at 2018 LA Auto Show
LIVE from Los Angeles: TOV's coverage of the 2019 Honda Passport reveal
First Look: DNA Collectibles releases Urban EV Concept 1:18 scale model
All-New 2019 Honda Passport Starts Adventure with Global Debut in Los Angeles
2019 CR-V goes on sale with few changes, nominal price increase
2019 Honda Civic Type R and Civic Hatchback Accelerate into Dealerships
American Honda Reports October Sales
Videos --> Re: The NSX replaces the ZR1
Join Discussion......
Pilot --> Re: Anybody towing with 9AT Pilot or Odysseys?
Join Discussion......
Photoshops --> Re: Legend
Join Discussion......
Audio & Electronics --> Bluetooth & Google Maps Voice Volume
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2018 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2019 Honda Passport begins Production
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Hondata Flashpro for 2019 RDX
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Audi e-tron GT Concept
Join Discussion......
IMA/Hybrids --> Re: Check IMA System light is on - what could it mean?
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Halo Here To Stay In F1
Join Discussion......
Repair and Maintenance --> UPDATE - repair complete Re: aftermarket door lock actuators. Experience?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Wow, THIS design is rather out there
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2018 Honda F1 PU
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Truly LAME AHM website
Join Discussion......
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Classifieds: Buy & Sell > > Re: 2015 Acura TLX SHAWD Tech lease takeover

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
mac_powah
Profile for mac_powah
2015 Acura TLX SHAWD Tech lease takeover    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-17-2017 19:09
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Hello all!

I am looking into initiating a lease take over for my TLX. I love the car (I think it's a terrific all-around package), however, I really miss having a sports car.
I want to buy a 2017 Mazda MX-5 GT 6-speed manual. YES, I know....2 very different cars. I got a great deal on my TLX, and have enjoyed it so far. Just missing that manual shift, drifty fun.
Has anybody dealt with leasebusters.com, or has anybody transferred a lease through Acura Canada?
What is the process like?
Appreciate any feedback!!!
THX
Matt

towncaptain
Profile for towncaptain
Re: 2015 Acura TLX SHAWD Tech lease takeover    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-18-2017 01:49
I mentioned a lease transfer to my dealer right when I got my 2017 Civic Hatch last month. He said I had to wait 6 months from purchase date to transfer the lease to someone. Anyways, if the person's credit is approved, that person can take over the lease and it would be the same payment/ same interest as your current lease. There is a lease transfer fee though and it varies from dealerships. PS I live in Canada as well.
mac_powah
Profile for mac_powah
Re: 2015 Acura TLX SHAWD Tech lease takeover    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-18-2017 17:38
Thanks for the response!
I guess my question is if I have to take it back to the Acura dealer to have this done, or if I can take it to Honda.
I live in a city where my nearest Acura dealer is 2 hours away, which was fine for me to purchase and service, but I would have to get the prospective buyer to accompany me if that were the case.

towncaptain
Profile for towncaptain
Re: 2015 Acura TLX SHAWD Tech lease takeover    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-19-2017 14:10
It is possible to take it to another dealer because the car doesn't belong to them; it belongs to Honda/Acura financial. However, you might need to pay another fee for them to do the papers.
TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: 2015 Acura TLX SHAWD Tech lease takeover    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-23-2017 16:51
towncaptain wrote:
I mentioned a lease transfer to my dealer right when I got my 2017 Civic Hatch last month. He said I had to wait 6 months from purchase date to transfer the lease to someone. Anyways, if the person's credit is approved, that person can take over the lease and it would be the same payment/ same interest as your current lease. There is a lease transfer fee though and it varies from dealerships. PS I live in Canada as well.

I don't get it.

Why would anyone take over the lease of a used car at the same payment?

The lease payments were created for a new car, with all of its concomitant depreciation, a lease "take over" ought to come with a big chunck of cash, from the first leassor to the second, or should cost less.

garoto
Profile for garoto
Re: 2015 Acura TLX SHAWD Tech lease takeover    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-23-2017 17:03
TonyEX wrote:
towncaptain wrote:

I don't get it.

The lease payments were created for a new car, with all of its concomitant depreciation, a lease "take over" ought to come with a big chunck of cash, from the first leassor to the second, or should cost less.

I think the shorter term is the advantage to the new lessee?

garoto
Profile for garoto
Re: 2015 Acura TLX SHAWD Tech lease takeover    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-23-2017 17:04
TonyEX wrote:
towncaptain wrote:

I don't get it.

I think the shorter term is the advantage to the new lessee? Unless the car is re-valued, term is extended or restarted, and payments lower?

Karl O.
Profile for Karl O.
Re: 2015 Acura TLX SHAWD Tech lease takeover    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-23-2017 17:10
TonyEX wrote:
towncaptain wrote:

I don't get it.

The initial lessee probably put $3000 or so down to buy into the lease to begin with. If you take over the lease with only a year or so left, you could make only the monthly payments for a year and decide if you like the car enough to commit to a longer ownership period for only the total of the payments left. Plus, the sales and ad valorem taxes may be paid.

Plus, if you do like it, Acura will probably take it off your hands at lease end and roll you into a sweetheart deal to keep you as a customer. My dad leased Infiniti G sedans on 2 year leases for $299/mo for years. As soon as the lease was up, he would turn it in and they would give him another as long as he kept paying the $299/mo - they waived all the deposits, etc.

Lots of factors to consider - mileage overages, damage to the vehicle, tire wear, etc but it could work out.

mac_powah
Profile for mac_powah
Re: 2015 Acura TLX SHAWD Tech lease takeover    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-26-2017 19:33
Anyone in the Southern Ontario area...here is the info

http://www.leasebusters.com/en/details.asp?ID=208839

towncaptain
Profile for towncaptain
Re: 2015 Acura TLX SHAWD Tech lease takeover    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-27-2017 00:17

I don't get it.

Also Tony, you can take advantage of loyalty offers that you can't get. For example in my dealership, if you've bought or leased from them before they give you a reduction of 1%-2% off financing/leasing on your next car. So it's possible to lease/finance a car for 0% (like me...lol)

mac_powah
Profile for mac_powah
Re: 2015 Acura TLX SHAWD Tech lease takeover    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-27-2017 20:35
That's exactly what I got, and why my payment is so low!

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0