[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
2019 Acura MDX Arrives with Luxury and Performance Upgrades Plus First A-Spec Variant
More.......................
SPIED IN EUROPE! Civic Type R refresh
American Honda Sets New June Sales Records on Strength of Light Trucks
Honda reveals refreshed 2019 HR-V and Pilot
Acura TLX GT wins class and places 3rd overall at 2018 Pikes Peak International Hill Climb
Spied on the Street! 2019 Pilot and Pilot PHEV mule
All-New 2019 Honda Insight Brings Style, Sophistication and 55 mpg City Rating
It's Official: Honda to supply Red Bull Racing in Formula One from 2019
General Talk --> Re: Trying to decide on color
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: I'm in a 2019 RDX Advance this week. Any specific questions while I have it?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda new teaser ad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: 2019 Supra may get 4cyl
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Zak Brown: 2018 McLaren ‘weaker than last year’s car’
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Munro says Model 3 has >30% gross margin
Join Discussion......
ILX --> Re: 2019 ILX
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: MotoGP - Assen TT (you should watch)
Join Discussion......
Insight --> Re: My next car?
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: New RDX vs NX Infomercial
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Such a damn nice car
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Type-R Fascia Changes spotted at Nurburgring
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: Marauding Mirais
Join Discussion......
Hot Deals --> Great lightning deal on Anker ROAV C1 Pro (2k resolution) dashcam - $75
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > RDX > > Re: 2018 RDX?

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
TL_Guy
Profile for TL_Guy
2018 RDX?    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-25-2017 22:40
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Someone posted this today. What do you all think?

typer_801
Profile for typer_801
Re: 2018 RDX?    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-25-2017 23:15
First impression, they need to fire the wheel designer! Those are terrible. lol.
RKG
Profile for RKG
Re: 2018 RDX?    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-25-2017 23:24
Not those wheels, please!!! Rest looks fine. Interiors are where they've lot of catch-up to do.
magueto
Profile for magueto
Re: 2018 RDX?    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-25-2017 23:41
TL_Guy wrote:
Someone posted this today. What do you all think?

Photoshopped!!!!!

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: 2018 RDX?    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-25-2017 23:55
This is a doctored photo of a 2017 RDX with a valiant, yet ultimately weak photoshop attempt at grafting the precision grille on it.

Look at a 2016 CR-V vs a 2017 CR-V, and note how different the entire vehicle looks. Expect the same (or more?) from 2017 to 2018 RDX. It's not just going to be a grille graft.

Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: 2018 RDX?    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-26-2017 08:54
Weakness maybe its strength!

You can bet the real one will have a conflicting nose angle and a grille three times that size.

urbanglowcam
Profile for urbanglowcam
Re: 2018 RDX?    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-21-2017 22:25
Here are some new spy shots. It appears larger.

Source: https://www.carwale.com/news/acura-rdx-caught-testing-27183/

Hondatalover
Profile for Hondatalover
Re: 2018 RDX?    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-22-2017 20:03

DevilMayCry
Profile for DevilMayCry
Re: 2018 RDX?    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-23-2017 18:02
Hondatalover wrote:

That Pacifica is behind the camo'd(sic?) car/suv. Its shadow can be seen on the ground, underneath camo'd suv.

Hondatalover
Profile for Hondatalover
Re: 2018 RDX?    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-23-2017 19:00
I had to point out something! ;)
@lanta
Profile for @lanta
Re: 2018 RDX?    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-23-2017 21:47
Holy fuck I noticed this exact same thing lmfao. It made me cringe.
Calgarian
Profile for Calgarian
Re: 2018 RDX?    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-24-2017 09:31
2019 RDX.
hughbroome2
Profile for hughbroome2
Re: 2018 RDX?    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-31-2017 10:32
I would bet this is more of a mule. The headlights and taillights look a lot like the CR-V lights. Anyone else notice this?
Pauly123
Profile for Pauly123
Re: 2018 RDX?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-04-2017 17:01
Does anyone have a guess on when this will be released? My lease is up on my 2015 RDX February 1st.
PoweredbyHondaX
Profile for PoweredbyHondaX
Re: 2018 RDX?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-04-2017 17:35
any chance this WONT look ugly like the current mdx?

i'd love to upgrade my crv to an rdx in 3 years but dam i hate that grill except from the front 3/4 view.

Fitdad
Profile for Fitdad
Re: 2018 RDX?    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-27-2017 10:49
The 2018 RDX is a complete carry-over from 2017.

http://hondanews.com/releases/stylish-swift-and-comfortable-the-2018-acura-rdx-arrives-in-showrooms-tomorrow

Which isn't surprising but it's a little sad.

The RDX sells really well and has had ONE update in 6 model years - they couldn't have thrown the new CarPlay software/hardware in there as found on the 2018 TLX? The RDX has the dual-screen setup after all. They couldn't have added a special color for it's last model year or a Special Edition trim? Was it impossible to make AcuraWatch standard across the lineup?

I'm sure Honda would come back with: "well the 2019 RDX is going to be all-new"...and that's great - but the SUV market is SUPER competitive right now. The RDX has printed money for 6 years - they could have spent a few million bucks to do something.

Put it this way - whatever money they spent/are spending on the forthcoming RLX update for MY2018 would have been much better going into the RDX - even for just one model year.

I'm guessing the 2018 ILX carryover will be announced soon.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: 2018 RDX?    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-28-2017 21:52
Fitdad wrote:
The 2018 RDX is a complete carry-over from 2017.

http://hondanews.com/releases/stylish-swift-and-comfortable-the-2018-acura-rdx-arrives-in-showrooms-tomorrow

Which isn't surprising but it's a little sad.

The RDX sells really well and has had ONE update in 6 model years - they couldn't have thrown the new CarPlay software/hardware in there as found on the 2018 TLX? The RDX has the dual-screen setup after all. They couldn't have added a special color for it's last model year or a Special Edition trim? Was it impossible to make AcuraWatch standard across the lineup?

I'm sure Honda would come back with: "well the 2019 RDX is going to be all-new"...and that's great - but the SUV market is SUPER competitive right now. The RDX has printed money for 6 years - they could have spent a few million bucks to do something.

Put it this way - whatever money they spent/are spending on the forthcoming RLX update for MY2018 would have been much better going into the RDX - even for just one model year.

I'm guessing the 2018 ILX carryover will be announced soon.

The '16 RDX was a MMC. Introduced a new NAVI, grill, etc...

PoweredbyHondaX
Re: 2018 RDX?    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-28-2017 23:19
ah that sucks. i guess we can wait one more year. but dam teh rdx needs at least the new tlx infotainment screen and updated processor.
GoFaster
Profile for GoFaster
Re: 2018 RDX?    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-28-2017 23:31
6 years for a FMC in the hottest market? Wow, you have to wonder how these choices are made. A great supercar that goes direct to eBay Motors looking for buyers, a FWD top of the line sedan that nobody wants, an entry level car to the brand that gets trashed compared to its sister the Civic and leaving the RDX around for too long. If the Civic can clobber the ILX then why not the CR-V to the RDX? Acura dealers must be furious.

2018 shoppers are going to Acura for...the MDX? But no performance MDX Type-R. Seriously, what are the dealers suppose to sell? If I was a nearby dealer in the Auto Mall I would be putting tumble weeds in the Acura lot every morning as a joke. Nothing below the RDX. Just wow.

PoweredbyHondaX
Re: 2018 RDX?    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-29-2017 01:32
GoFaster wrote:
6 years for a FMC in the hottest market? Wow, you have to wonder how these choices are made. A great supercar that goes direct to eBay Motors looking for buyers, a FWD top of the line sedan that nobody wants, an entry level car to the brand that gets trashed compared to its sister the Civic and leaving the RDX around for too long. If the Civic can clobber the ILX then why not the CR-V to the RDX? Acura dealers must be furious.

2018 shoppers are going to Acura for...the MDX? But no performance MDX Type-R. Seriously, what are the dealers suppose to sell? If I was a nearby dealer in the Auto Mall I would be putting tumble weeds in the Acura lot every morning as a joke. Nothing below the RDX. Just wow.

mdx sport hybrid is the type r version lol.

CDX will be out soon below rdx. I think the rdx will still sell well in its current form because most buyers of acura are just acura fans with blinders for other brands. its how it is.

the brand will be in great shape in the next 5 years.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: 2018 RDX?    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-29-2017 14:01
GoFaster wrote:

The RDX, as it stands, is actually a fine vehicle and it received a MMC a scant two years ago. It should not be a priority to change. It looks like the A spec TXL is good move forward, so Acura should be paying attention to the ILX instead, NOT the RDX.

The 3rd gen Integra lasted 8 years and in its 3 years introduced two ITR models plus kept the GSR.

Change for change is not a good thing.

Returning to the RDX, Acura has the opportunity to make money on it. On it last model year they could easily put incentives on it as well.

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0