[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Is Acura going to reveal a new Legend at Pebble Beach this year?
More.......................
Honda reports February Sales
Honda revealing production RWD prototype of Urban EV Concept at the Geneva International Motorshow
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
American Honda reports January sales
Acura Marks 15th Anniversary of Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™
Today's Reading Links --> Re: How Acura orchestrated a massive turnaround with a renewed focus on design
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: I chose the Si over the GTI
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda / Acura Shakeup?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Hyundai i30 Fastback N (2019)
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Car and Driver's new site.
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> Re: 2020 Ridgeline
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Desmond Regamaster Installed!
Join Discussion......
Hot Deals --> Re: K-Tuner For Sale!!!
Join Discussion......
Amateur Racing & Driving --> Re: Vigor @ NCCAR Apexfest
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Accord-based CT5?!
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2024 Honda Le Mans Racecar.
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: IMSA - 2019 Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2019 Australian Grand Prix - Spoilers
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> 2020 Ridgeline
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Civic > > Re: Some up Close Hatch pics for Neal

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1] 2 3 4
Author
  Post New Thread
Poljana
Profile for Poljana
Some up Close Hatch pics for Neal    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-08-2016 19:31
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: Some up Close Hatch pics for Neal    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-08-2016 21:02
If it wasn't for all 5 doors having turbo's, I might have thought that the black orifices were to be opened up for optional ram-air.
:)

cyisalwayshungry
Profile for cyisalwayshungry
Re: Some up Close Hatch pics for Neal    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-09-2016 01:20
My wife and I were thinking a dark grey for the hatch but after seeing the white I might second guess the decision. I actually like the contrast of dark and light.
superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: Some up Close Hatch pics for Neal    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-09-2016 01:37
The type R should be a beast.
dydx
Profile for dydx
Re: Some up Close Hatch pics for Neal    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-09-2016 02:20
panda panda panda panda

I really like that. I think this hatchback style is really good. I do prefer the more utilitarian aspect of a VW Golf with the more upright cargo area, though. but the Civic is a very close 2nd.

Y65P
Profile for Y65P
Re: Some up Close Hatch pics for Neal    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-09-2016 04:47
Best photo's yet! Pretty sweet looking.
superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: Some up Close Hatch pics for Neal    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-09-2016 05:17
Honda might even build a few with the 6 speed!
Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: Some up Close Hatch pics for Neal    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-09-2016 05:30
Sweet-looking?

Funny how tastes vary - looks like a car crash of vaguely-related lines on my RHD monitor. You lot must have LHD monitors.

It's hard to tell in that harsh light, but probably a lot less hideous than an A-class M-B or somesuch. Mind you, anything is...

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: Some up Close Hatch pics for Neal    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-09-2016 06:00
I also think that the new Civic's have some awkward angles, but underneath all of that it seems that Honda has come up with a real nice car and moved the Civic back to the front of the class. The 5 door is just icing on the cake.

Midi_Amp
Profile for Midi_Amp
Re: Some up Close Hatch pics for Neal    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-09-2016 08:10
Nick GravesX wrote:
Sweet-looking?

Funny how tastes vary - looks like a car crash of vaguely-related lines on my RHD monitor. You lot must have LHD monitors.

It's hard to tell in that harsh light, but probably a lot less hideous than an A-class M-B or somesuch. Mind you, anything is...

Well there's a saying about looks are subjective isn't it? A friend of mine hates all MR cars saying the proportions are all wrong, and this is his exact wording, "all MR cars looks like clothes iron". For him, elongated hood exudes power, hence his modern favorite car is the McLaren SLR and his classic favorite is the Jaguar E Type... Never asked if he's overcompensating for something though.

NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: Some up Close Hatch pics for Neal    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-09-2016 08:55
Thanks for the pics! It is very high-contrast, on-off looking. In this scheme and lighting, the darkest areas are reading a bit as voids. Squint test...

The polished 17s are giving the impression that the wheels are nearly blacked-out, but that's their reflectivity at work. I'm really looking forward to seeing the Sport trim wearing the 18s and full kit, etc. Overall this is a positive place to start!

cyisalwayshungry
Profile for cyisalwayshungry
Re: Some up Close Hatch pics for Neal    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-09-2016 09:11
Nick GravesX wrote:
Sweet-looking?

For me I'm first drawn to a cars headlights and taillights. Next would be overall shape, then finer details like bumpers. I've seen too many cars who've made crappy head/tail light decisions to make me less likely to purchase. Many manufacturers have the awkward bulge in their lights that aren't flush with the car body. This is not the case with Civic. Bumper is the probably the last thing I look at or care about. Opinions differ but like someone said, it's a perfect blend of Evo WRX and Civic.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Some up Close Hatch pics for Neal    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-09-2016 11:56
Nick GravesX wrote:
Sweet-looking?

Ay!

Are you extending the Acura Circular Argument to the five door Civic?

Ay!!!!

What you fail to fathom is that this car already has two wings.... As I have been writing, in case you missed it (*) is that the addition of a proper Type R wing somewhere above the rear lip will make this into a triplane... so as you're flying on the highway you will feel like the Red Baron on the search for french cars.

True, in white it looks harsh. But in a nice charcoal grey metallic finish (**) with the plastic bit under the bumpers painted to match (perhaps in a just a bit darker anodized finish) and with LED "auxiliary brakelights" behind the rear bumper insets this baby will look awesome.

The darker color harmonizes all the lines.

Perhaps the XM Radio "shark fin" should become about a foot tall and more like an F35. Then it would need a red LED on its top tip as well. That would help for directional stability at speed.

You need to be creative and flush your mind from French cars and the Isseta.

* or ignored it -shame on you
** all my cars are turning out that color nowadays... iMMD, CTC and next (ordered last month) RDX.

DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: Some up Close Hatch pics for Neal    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-09-2016 12:01
Nick GravesX wrote:
Sweet-looking?

That is pretty bad.

Those bumpers needs to be entirely redesigned.

rev2damoon
Profile for rev2damoon
Re: Some up Close Hatch pics for Neal    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-09-2016 12:40
cyisalwayshungry wrote:
Nick GravesX wrote:
Sweet-looking?

For me I'm first drawn to a cars headlights and taillights. Next would be overall shape, then finer details like bumpers. I've seen too many cars who've made crappy head/tail light decisions to make me less likely to purchase. Many manufacturers have the awkward bulge in their lights that aren't flush with the car body. This is not the case with Civic. Bumper is the probably the last thing I look at or care about. Opinions differ but like someone said, it's a perfect blend of Evo WRX and Civic.

IMO, this is a fine effort from Honda. Are there places where the design could improve? Absolutely.

The subjectivity of looks will always yield differing opinions. I can't stand Nissan's current design language. I think the Maxima and Murano in particular are beyond hideous, and yet, there are some who swoon for those things.

Impossible Dream
Profile for Impossible Dream
Re: Some up Close Hatch pics for Neal    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-09-2016 13:00
Overall I think the Civic looks good. Far better than previous recent efforts that is for sure, and really, just the fact that the hatchback is making a comeback tempers some of my criticism.

I do agree that the aggressive bumper vents should have been reserved for either the Sport or Type-R models as it's a little gaudy to have that much black space in the front and back. This is especially the case as it's not even functional, so really it's just textured black plastic...

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Some up Close Hatch pics for Neal    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-09-2016 13:19
DCR wrote:
Nick GravesX wrote:
Sweet-looking?

That is pretty bad.

Lack of imagination.... contrary to the plain Accord's?

DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: Some up Close Hatch pics for Neal    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-09-2016 13:30
TonyEX wrote:
DCR wrote:
Nick GravesX wrote:
Sweet-looking?

That is pretty bad.

Lack of imagination is filling space with black plastic that looks like shit.

Fan Koni
Profile for Fan Koni
Re: Some up Close Hatch pics for Neal    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-09-2016 13:48
Nick GravesX wrote:
Sweet-looking?

So you're going to miss this stunning classic?!

DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: Some up Close Hatch pics for Neal    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-09-2016 14:21
Actually, after seeing them both at the same time...

NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: Some up Close Hatch pics for Neal    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-09-2016 14:51
DCR wrote:
TonyEX wrote:
DCR wrote:
Nick GravesX wrote:
Sweet-looking?

That is pretty bad.

Honda used to be the master of simplification.

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: Some up Close Hatch pics for Neal    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-09-2016 15:06
DCR wrote:
TonyEX wrote:
DCR wrote:
Nick GravesX wrote:
Sweet-looking?

That is pretty bad.

And also, it seems like Honda is following the trend to put these fake orifices in the front and back. Back in the day, Soichiro would have kicked the guilty party right through the goal posts.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Some up Close Hatch pics for Neal    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-09-2016 15:16
superchg2 wrote:
DCR wrote:
TonyEX wrote:
DCR wrote:
Nick GravesX wrote:
Sweet-looking?

That is pretty bad.

And also, it seems like Honda is following the trend to put these fake orifices in the front and back. Back in the day, Soichiro would have kicked the guilty party right through the goal posts.

Ay... the opposite is to have those big expanses of plastic bumpers..

When Honda was alive, the cars were tiny. The original Accord was about the size of a fit, and the bumpers were metal things that stuck out.

If you look at the Accord today, it has a huge butt, it just looks biiiig. So what's wrong with putting some stuff back in there to break up the monotony? After all, this is the Civic, not the Accord. The Accord is... SERIOUS.... the Civic, specially the 5 door, ought to be something that celebrates stuff.

Then you got the RLX, which by all of your complaints ought to be what you all want... uber simplicity.. yet you pan it too.

What do you all want anyhow?

Get real, get some humor, become alive. A CTR with wings, with those panels painted body color, with an underpinning of red LEDs, it will be FUN... FUN....

And Si burning rubber while Aqualung plays at 37... I intend to have fun 'till the day I die.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Some up Close Hatch pics for Neal    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-09-2016 15:20
DCR wrote:
Actually, after seeing them both at the same time...

You know... the older model had the plain bumpers and it just made the rear look. odd.

The new model has a better rear rake and more stuff. It may look busy but it lacks the.. odd... look of the old one.

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: Some up Close Hatch pics for Neal    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-09-2016 15:27
TonyEX wrote:
superchg2 wrote:
DCR wrote:
TonyEX wrote:
DCR wrote:
Nick GravesX wrote:
Sweet-looking?

That is pretty bad.

When Honda was alive, the cars were tiny. The original Accord was about the size of a fit, and the bumpers were metal things that stuck out.

If you look at the Accord today, it has a huge butt, it just looks biiiig. So what's wrong with putting some stuff back in there to break up the monotony? After all, this is the Civic, not the Accord. The Accord is... SERIOUS.... the Civic, specially the 5 door, ought to be something that celebrates stuff.

Then you got the RLX, which by all of your complaints ought to be what you all want... uber simplicity.. yet you pan it too.

Get real, get some humor, become alive. A CTR with wings, with those panels painted body color, with an underpinning of red LEDs, it will be FUN... FUN....

And Si burning rubber while Aqualung plays at 37... I intend to have fun 'till the day I die.

No doubt.

All I'm saying here is that Honda just needs to keep it real,
and this fake crap goes against the Honda grain.

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: Some up Close Hatch pics for Neal    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-09-2016 15:40
TonyEX wrote:
superchg2 wrote:
DCR wrote:
TonyEX wrote:
DCR wrote:
Nick GravesX wrote:
Sweet-looking?

That is pretty bad.

No doubt.

All I'm saying here is that Honda just needs to keep it real,
and this fake crap goes against the Honda grain.

Here's Honda keepin' it real.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Some up Close Hatch pics for Neal    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-09-2016 15:57
Everytime I drive the turbo in the Civic I feel like it's a cold day in hell.

I mean, it's a really nice setup, unobtrusive, and if you use the the "gear selector" as a three "gear" selector: L, S and D, the computer sort of runs the CVT that way. I miss the paddle shifters.

Yet, it's sort of fun to drive in a Civic way... it's so light and I've been driving "big" cars lately.

But, it's not a B18C or an H22A.

I sure hope the Si and CTR have either MTs or DCTs.

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: Some up Close Hatch pics for Neal    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-09-2016 16:07
I know what you mean. With Hondata, my K20 Si goes into vtec at about 4500 r.p.m. now.

Somebody slow in the left lane and won't vacate. Pass em' on the right and go into vtec in 4th gear, along with the free flow cat. No horn necessary.

Mikgtir
Profile for Mikgtir
Re: Some up Close Hatch pics for Neal    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-11-2016 14:01
TonyEX wrote:
Everytime I drive the turbo in the Civic I feel like it's a cold day in hell.

I mean, it's a really nice setup, unobtrusive, and if you use the the "gear selector" as a three "gear" selector: L, S and D, the computer sort of runs the CVT that way. I miss the paddle shifters.

Yet, it's sort of fun to drive in a Civic way... it's so light and I've been driving "big" cars lately.

But, it's not a B18C or an H22A.

I sure hope the Si and CTR have either MTs or DCTs.

Drove the h22a this morning. Big huge smile and corners are like straights with 4ws and Tein S Motogp edition full set.

240km/h on the odometer, for a 19 years old Lady!

Jump on the J35 until it s too late...

Love the Lude, it s big smile starting 2nd gear and upwards, perfect nowadays, but when it was my daily driver, I was missing a 6sp for cruising. But for Sunday drives, it s just perfect (with mooroof open and windows, it s almost a convertible. And the looks.

New Prélude will need to put the same smile on my face to convince me it s the herein of the 4th and 5th gens.

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: Some up Close Hatch pics for Neal    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-11-2016 14:22
Mikgtir wrote:

Jump on the J35 until it s too late...

Was thinking the same thing.

Thread Page - [1] 2 3 4
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0