[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Is Acura going to reveal a new Legend at Pebble Beach this year?
More.......................
Honda reports February Sales
Honda revealing production RWD prototype of Urban EV Concept at the Geneva International Motorshow
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
American Honda reports January sales
Acura Marks 15th Anniversary of Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™
Today's Reading Links --> Re: How Acura orchestrated a massive turnaround with a renewed focus on design
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: I chose the Si over the GTI
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda / Acura Shakeup?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Hyundai i30 Fastback N (2019)
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Car and Driver's new site.
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> Re: 2020 Ridgeline
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Desmond Regamaster Installed!
Join Discussion......
Hot Deals --> Re: K-Tuner For Sale!!!
Join Discussion......
Amateur Racing & Driving --> Re: Vigor @ NCCAR Apexfest
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Accord-based CT5?!
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2024 Honda Le Mans Racecar.
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: IMSA - 2019 Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2019 Australian Grand Prix - Spoilers
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> 2020 Ridgeline
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Civic > > Re: 2016 Honda Civic problems, error messages & warnings

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
hondadude
Profile for hondadude
2016 Honda Civic problems, error messages & warnings    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-28-2016 14:49
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
This was posted on the 10thgencivic.com website. What do you make of this? This looks very problematic for Honda.

http://hondacivicproblems.com/

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: 2016 Honda Civic problems, error messages & warnings    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-28-2016 15:03
hondadude wrote:
This was posted on the 10thgencivic.com website. What do you make of this? This looks very problematic for Honda.

http://hondacivicproblems.com/

When so many things go wrong, the most likely failure is with the device that is doing the reporting or with the path that the data took.

At first, they should replace the head unit. Likely there's an issue with the bus interface. The car proper is most likely just fine but the computer is not and running into communication errors.

(Note: We had to replace the head unit in our '15 TLX because the NAVI got jerky... and reseting it did not help).

Could also be a loose wire someplace that introduces noise into the bus? That could be the cause for timeouts than the computer then processes as susbsystems being down.

They also should install a bus analyzer and drive the vehicle around.

I think the fundamental issue is that automakers are wading into systems that are not in their realm of expertise and we're seeing growing pains.

Remember the issues the Germans were running into not so long ago with their CAN based systems? Those were worse, as the cars themselves needed the bus to communicate to simple stuff as window motors.

hondadude
Profile for hondadude
Re: 2016 Honda Civic problems, error messages & warnings    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-29-2016 18:46
Hmmm, I thought this would raise some eyebrows here. Only 1 response? Any feedback from anyone?

cistercian
Profile for cistercian
Re: 2016 Honda Civic problems, error messages & warnings    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-29-2016 21:18
Some TLX owners saw error messages like this.It was caused by a bad wheel speed sensor in one case.I think the actuators for the rear wheel steering in some cars had a harness problem that also caused gonzo error displays.Intermittent faults are the worst.
Grace141
Profile for Grace141
Re: 2016 Honda Civic problems, error messages & warnings    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-30-2016 07:29
Does anyone know if the new Civics store codes identifying which wheel speed sensor has triggered a low tire pressure reading?
owequitit
Profile for owequitit
Re: 2016 Honda Civic problems, error messages & warnings    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-30-2016 12:31
Grace141 wrote:
Does anyone know if the new Civics store codes identifying which wheel speed sensor has triggered a low tire pressure reading?

It's almost certain that it knows the difference. But you might have to use the dealer's computer to get to it. A generic OBD scan tool MIGHT differentiate it, but they are usually pretty vague.

revvin
Profile for revvin
Re: 2016 Honda Civic problems, error messages & warnings    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-30-2016 19:38
I've had no issues over the past 7 months, Canadian 2.0 6MT.
Gfn8r
Profile for Gfn8r
Re: 2016 Honda Civic problems, error messages & warnings    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-30-2016 19:48
This seems worrisome enough that I'd hold-off on a Civic purchase if I could, were I in the market.
WallyBR
Profile for WallyBR
Re: 2016 Honda Civic problems, error messages & warnings    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-01-2016 11:38
So, 1 guy having epic problems of 158,000+ Civics sold so far in 2016 doesn't make me want to abandon my plans to purchase one in the next 30-90 days. Customers who are satisfied with a product don't typically set up websites to say "so far, so good".

I'm sympathetic, but not worried.

DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: 2016 Honda Civic problems, error messages & warnings    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-01-2016 13:20
Here is where you can see more than one guy having a problem. Body panel fitment issues, CVT issues, Infotainment and Honda Sensing issues, rattles, etc. There are certainly patterns I would be looking for on any new Civic I was looking to buy.

http://www.civicx.com/forums/issues-repairs-warranty-tsb-recalls.42/

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0