[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Is Acura going to reveal a new Legend at Pebble Beach this year?
More.......................
Honda reports February Sales
Honda revealing production RWD prototype of Urban EV Concept at the Geneva International Motorshow
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
American Honda reports January sales
Acura Marks 15th Anniversary of Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™
Repair and Maintenance --> cylinder #1 running rich.
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2024 Honda Le Mans Racecar.
Join Discussion......
Amateur Racing & Driving --> Re: Vigor @ NCCAR Apexfest
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda / Acura Shakeup?
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: I chose the Si over the GTI
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2019 Australian Grand Prix - Spoilers
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Accord-based CT5?!
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: IMSA - 2019 Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: FRS/86/BRZ Recall
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Suzuki Grand Vitara experience?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: New Honda Envix
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Type S In New York?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: I found the answer for solving EUs horrible car lineup
Join Discussion......
Passport --> Re: Built an Elite.
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Next gen TLX spied...
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Civic > > Re: 10th Gen Civic 5-Door

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1] 2
Author
  Post New Thread
5vnn
Profile for 5vnn
10th Gen Civic 5-Door    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-23-2016 12:09
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Hey Everyone.

I'm new to the forum.

Looking to find out more information as to the release dates for the 10th gen hatchback. Definitely going to be purchasing one, but getting antsy to see more information.

I've seen lots of spy shots from Europe, and I believe it was confirmed that it is going to be manufactured in the UK.

If I'm not mistaken there were rumours of a release at some point this summer, but haven't been able to source anything solid.

Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

WallyBR
Profile for WallyBR
Re: 10th Gen Civic 5-Door    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-23-2016 13:33
I'm currently shopping for a 4-door Civic but I'm also intrigued by the 5-door. I sent the local dealer I'm talking to a message asking about the 5-door and the sales guy said that they have no news and don't expect it anytime soon. No ETA has been set yet. Of course, he wants to sell me a car right now, not in 6 months - so I'm taking it with a grain of salt.
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: 10th Gen Civic 5-Door    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-23-2016 13:46
5vnn wrote:
Hey Everyone.

I'm new to the forum.

Looking to find out more information as to the release dates for the 10th gen hatchback. Definitely going to be purchasing one, but getting antsy to see more information.

I've seen lots of spy shots from Europe, and I believe it was confirmed that it is going to be manufactured in the UK.

If I'm not mistaken there were rumours of a release at some point this summer, but haven't been able to source anything solid.

Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

The last I heard, production was supposed to begin in late July, so dealers could start ordering them then. Since they're coming from Swindon, I hear that they take ~6-8 weeks for delivery so that seems to indicate September at the earliest.

A77X
Profile for A77X
Re: 10th Gen Civic 5-Door    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-23-2016 14:52
That's what I have heard too.
5vnn
Profile for 5vnn
Re: 10th Gen Civic 5-Door    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-24-2016 12:23
Great info!

However, I really am trying to be optimistic that Britain leaving the EU won't cause delays.

The Honda of Canada manufacturing facility is 20 minutes south of me, I was saddened when I heard that the 5-door wasn't going to be built there.

Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: 10th Gen Civic 5-Door    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-24-2016 12:49
Yes, we're planning to paddle the islands near the coast of Maine.

Won't make any difference, despite the threats of the end of the world by the NWO elite.

The production version is due to be shown at Paris in October and sales start in January over here.

I dunno if they'll appear earlier over there?

Maximania
Profile for Maximania
Re: 10th Gen Civic 5-Door    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-24-2016 17:32
I do wonder how the whole Brexit thing will affect the production and import of the hatch. Hell, the entire automotive industry as a whole

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: 10th Gen Civic 5-Door    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-24-2016 17:52
Maximania wrote:
I do wonder how the whole Brexit thing will affect the production and import of the hatch. Hell, the entire automotive industry as a whole

First, Britain needs to invoke Article 50, officially notifying the EU that they're withdrawing. That could happen next week or it could be months. Once that happens they have a 2 year window to negotiate new treaties and agreements. I don't think anything will change until those are in place, so I doubt there will be any near term impact on the Swindon cars or any other British cars for quite a while.

hondadude
Profile for hondadude
Re: 10th Gen Civic 5-Door    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-24-2016 19:23
JeffX wrote:
Maximania wrote:

First, Britain needs to invoke Article 50, officially notifying the EU that they're withdrawing. That could happen next week or it could be months. Once that happens they have a 2 year window to negotiate new treaties and agreements. I don't think anything will change until those are in place, so I doubt there will be any near term impact on the Swindon cars or any other British cars for quite a while.

Thanks Jeff! I was about to ask the same question as Maximania. I kept wondering all day today what impact Brexit would have on the importation of the 2017 Civic 5 door hatchback into the US.

hondadude
Profile for hondadude
Re: 10th Gen Civic 5-Door    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-24-2016 19:54
Honda hasn't announced pricing yet for the (USDM) 2017 Civic 5 door hatchback but my thinking is they would need to keep the price in check because Chevrolet recently announced the starting price for the 2017 Cruze hatchback at $22,190.
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: 10th Gen Civic 5-Door    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-24-2016 20:31
hondadude wrote:
Honda hasn't announced pricing yet for the (USDM) 2017 Civic 5 door hatchback but my thinking is they would need to keep the price in check because Chevrolet recently announced the starting price for the 2017 Cruze hatchback at $22,190.

It's not going to be a value play. They've already said that it's going to be the most premium Civic trim.

hondadude
Profile for hondadude
Re: 10th Gen Civic 5-Door    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-24-2016 21:40
JeffX wrote:
hondadude wrote:

It's not going to be a value play. They've already said that it's going to be the most premium Civic trim.

I hope by premium they don't mean the base hatchback is like an EX-L. Hopefully more like an EX-T. My wish is they make it more accessible and not too pricey and unaffordable.

Mikgtir
Profile for Mikgtir
Re: 10th Gen Civic 5-Door    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-25-2016 05:44
hondadude wrote:
JeffX wrote:
Maximania wrote:

Thanks Jeff! I was about to ask the same question as Maximania. I kept wondering all day today what impact Brexit would have on the importation of the 2017 Civic 5 door hatchback into the US.

Don't be so sure, UK really pissed everybody from politicians to stock exchanges and financial institutions:

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/24/top-eu-leader-we-want-britain-out-as-soon-as-possible

Selfish decision is triggering a Tsunami, 2008 crisis is Disney Land event compared to what UK 51% voters provoked last Thursday

May God "save the Queen", Ireland, Scotland and perhaps even Gibraltar will be lost (Wales) it could be the destruction of the UK. Really people who vote for Brexit had no clue of what it meant. Disastrous.

Only hope for remaining countries of the UK is to sign and enter into NAFTA, renaming it whatsoever and start eating NA OGM food by 2020 instead of EU healthy food. Not fun at all...

Mikgtir
Profile for Mikgtir
Re: 10th Gen Civic 5-Door    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-25-2016 06:28

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/mar/04/rush-for-irish-passports-brought-on-by-brexit-fears

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/24/brexit-scramble-for-european-passports

"It's that kind of" serious...

Mikgtir
Profile for Mikgtir
Re: 10th Gen Civic 5-Door    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-25-2016 06:29
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/global-opinions/after-brexit-what-will-and-wont-happen/2016/06/24/c9f7a2f6-39f1-11e6-8f7c-d4c723a2becb_story.html
Mikgtir
Profile for Mikgtir
Re: 10th Gen Civic 5-Door    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-25-2016 06:34
And finally to objectively answer the car manufacturing issues to be faced by the Brecon in UK:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/neilwinton/2016/06/21/auto-industry-faces-big-hit-from-brexit-vote-evercore-isi-says/#49bd6ec165bf

Mikgtir
Profile for Mikgtir
Re: 10th Gen Civic 5-Door    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-25-2016 06:41
http://www.forbes.com/sites/neilwinton/2016/06/21/auto-industry-faces-big-hit-from-brexit-vote-evercore-isi-says/#49bd6ec165bf

Good news for Honda is Gbp going down vs Usd

Better margins on sales to US hatchbacks. For the rest Britain put the growing economy at now a Big stop, consequences in 3 to 5 years. They ve full... it up with Brexit is just the truth, will affect worldwide economy at levels never seen before .

Mechanic
Profile for Mechanic
Re: 10th Gen Civic 5-Door    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-25-2016 07:19
Mikgtir wrote: . . . Brexit is just the truth, will affect worldwide economy at levels never seen before .

Nonsense. On its best day, GB contributes barely 4% to the world's GDP. Even assuming that Britain's GDP fell by half, which no one with half a brain has suggested, the impact of Brexit is 90% psychological. The EU will make Britain miserable for two years while the rest of the world's economies muddle along at 2% growth. BFD.

Mikgtir
Profile for Mikgtir
Re: 10th Gen Civic 5-Door    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-25-2016 08:10
Mechanic wrote:
Mikgtir wrote: . . . Brexit is just the truth, will affect worldwide economy at levels never seen before .

Nonsense. On its best day, GB contributes barely 4% to the world's GDP. Even assuming that Britain's GDP fell by half, which no one with half a brain has suggested, the impact of Brexit is 90% psychological. The EU will make Britain miserable for two years while the rest of the world's economies muddle along at 2% growth. BFD.

London is third financial platform of the globe after NY and Luxemburg. Yes it will affect in moves of funds and platforms to be relocalised with all the fees and costs associated to it. This is like an atomic bomb.

The nonesense are the voters that decided with their ignorance to put the capitalist world economy into jeopardy. Don(t you hear Putin and the Chinese making fun of us already?

It will hit US in less than 25 months, be prepared with the crude oil consequences and all other aspects.

EU has to kick Uk or just Britain asap if they want to counter the deep crisis that is coming on us all. That was really a bad timing.

UK controls all commercial routes of the EU, they EU will need to open discussions with Russia and China if they want their trading routes to be under protection.

Massive shithole we are all in, thank you ignorants.

Mikgtir
Profile for Mikgtir
Re: 10th Gen Civic 5-Door    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-25-2016 08:19
Mikgtir wrote:
Mechanic wrote:

London is third financial platform of the globe after NY and Luxemburg. Yes it will affect in moves of funds and platforms to be relocalised with all the fees and costs associated to it. This is like an atomic bomb.

The nonesense are the voters that decided with their ignorance to put the capitalist world economy into jeopardy. Don(t you hear Putin and the Chinese making fun of us already?

It will hit US in less than 25 months, be prepared with the crude oil consequences and all other aspects.

EU has to kick Uk or just Britain asap if they want to counter the deep crisis that is coming on us all. That was really a bad timing.

UK controls all commercial routes of the EU, they EU will need to open discussions with Russia and China if they want their trading routes to be under protection.

Massive shithole we are all in, thank you ignorants.

Massive trading platform and was, was, if it goes out of EU, n1 HUB for Asia, Oceania and Americas in trading. Will move certainly many of them to Frankfurt, Milano, Paris and Madrid. Well done extremists, your cultural diversity is a gift , now it's a shame. Prepare to be hit the same way when a potential president will close commercial lines with Asia, NAFTA (Mexico wall) and block any common sense behaviour, stoping economy.

Check the stock exchanges on the next 6 months, this will be a never seen before.

Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: 10th Gen Civic 5-Door    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-25-2016 08:25
:D

Here's your dummy back, Mike!

The EUSSR was doomed to collapse by its own totalitarianism like the Russian one did. We've probably done the world a favour. Josef Schumpeter might think so, anyway.

Back to Classical truly free-market liberalism, in lieu of crony capitalism. The NWO will be furious with us and blame us for everything...we're used to that. At least ms. Yellen can use it as this month's excuse not to raise interest rates.

That's the theory anyway. Probably won't make a blind bit of difference in reality as the fudges will all be done behind closed doors.

Mikgtir
Profile for Mikgtir
Re: 10th Gen Civic 5-Door    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-25-2016 08:40
Nick GravesX wrote:

The EUSSR was doomed to collapse by its own totalitarianism like the Russian one did. We've probably done the world a favour. Josef Schumpeter might think so, anyway.

Back to Classical truly free-market liberalism, in lieu of crony capitalism. The NWO will be furious with us and blame us for everything...we're used to that. At least ms. Yellen can use it as this month's excuse not to raise interest rates.

That's the theory anyway. Probably won't make a blind bit of difference in reality as the fudges will all be done behind closed doors.

Dummy truth, this will wake up many stereotyped people.

At least I gave you references and articles, but even in front of the truth, the blind cannot see.

It will be a god opportunity if you have cash to buy interesting stocks at a discount, many will rejoice to drive a Prius in 2 to 3 years... follow the crude... :)

That is, without anticipation, there is no fear! :)

Mikgtir
Profile for Mikgtir
Re: 10th Gen Civic 5-Door    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-25-2016 08:47
Nick GravesX wrote:

Must admit you are right, officially EU is pissed, but behind Brussels doors... they are making big fiesta, the 'pain in the a..' are out! Because now this could mean:

creation of EU "FBI", "NSA" and EU army, that Britons are blocking for more than 20 years.

Just delayed if UK takes too much time to be out, knowing a bit of the behaviour of this "irat" country, I would bet 1000 that they will finally not apply article 50 , driven by a Queen speech or what not, and remain in EU as they understand how wrong this is to get out of it.

But this is my opinion, they will not have the guts to loose face, but now it is too late. And if they get back in, it definitely lowered the weight of UK. Not to loose Ireland, Scotland, Wales and Gibraltar, it would be a safe move not to listen to their people, Margaret Tatcher style.

But then, what will happen then? Just obvious, happy to be dum if it means using ones brain and reading outside of fox news and utterly silly tabloids.

Mikgtir
Profile for Mikgtir
Re: 10th Gen Civic 5-Door    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-25-2016 08:56
So Dum I am, look what I just found (google translated from French):

"Friday morning, European financial markets have opened in a global economic crisis ambiance of 2008. The British decision in favor of leaving the European Union is sounding the alarm for a period of instability dreaded plunging investors into panic.

At the announcement of the first results indicating a victory Brexit, the pound has lost up to 12% of its value, falling to its lowest level in over 30 years. At around 9:00 (local time) on the London Stock Exchange and the main British banks have collapsed by 30%.

"This is one of the biggest shocks in the markets of all time," responded Joe Rundle, an analyst at ETX Capital. "The impact of the vote will be felt worldwide. The extent of damage is difficult to estimate but it will probably be more important than all the events since the bankruptcy of Lehman Brothers in 2008, "reports" Le Parisien ".

The impact of the vote are felt worldwide

A disaster is looming over the Old Continent. At the announcement of the official results, the Paris stock exchange fell by nearly 8%, while the financial center of Frankfurt fell by about 10%. The euro has lost nearly 4% against the dollar, as investors worried about the future of Block 28 after the decision of the United Kingdom, while gold, a safe haven, and the yen have recorded net gains, confirmed to Reuters.

The market reaction suggests many questions about the global financial center of London role, and months of political uncertainty ..

The Bank of England will take "necessary measures"

"The Bank of England will take all necessary measures" to ensure its responsibilities and ensure monetary and financial stability of the United Kingdom, said the institution, saying it had worked upstream to emergency solutions in depth and that it was working closely with the UK Treasury and other major central banks. In anticipation of erratic movements in the markets, the BoE (Bank of England) had announced in March three additional operations of banks liquidity loans, 14, 21 and 28 June, to ensure that financial institutions in the United -um are not left short of cash in case of a credit crunch in the financial markets.

Earlier Friday, the Bank of Japan (BoJ) had declared "ready to inject liquidity", in cooperation with other central banks, to limit the impact of Brexit markets, while the Tokyo stock market tumbled and the yen soared."

Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: 10th Gen Civic 5-Door    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-26-2016 06:01
Yeah, the markets recovered thanks to the Plunge Protection Teams and those in the know made a fortune.

I cannot tell if you are right; the obvious thing to do to prevent Br/Fr/It/Nlexits would be to delay A50 and offer the chance of a reformed, more free-market EEC-type model as a way to save face. Hell, they could also liberate trade with Africa, make her agricultural sector richer and help to reduce a future impending immigration crisis...

However the polyingticiunts were sooooooo arrogant, I believe none of them had a 'plan B' as any sentient mammal would. They are largely also too petulant to concede either.

Thus expect a revolution in Europe.

Jesse
Profile for Jesse
Re: 10th Gen Civic 5-Door    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-27-2016 04:15
Nick GravesX wrote:
The NWO will be furious with us and blame us for everything...

I suspect you know many stuff about this subject - verily down to Pandora's box.

WallyBR
Profile for WallyBR
Re: 10th Gen Civic 5-Door    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-27-2016 11:38
Does this forum usually digress into politics from the stated topic so quickly? Asking for a friend? :)
A77X
Profile for A77X
Re: 10th Gen Civic 5-Door    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-27-2016 11:40
If nothing else this proves once and for all that referenda are a bad idea. This was a very complex issue and most people (on both sides) simply don`t get the full picture. And are easily manipulated. Most people who voted for exit decided so on immigration grounds it would seem. Fanciful idea that brexit means getting jobs back to brits instead of Poles, Romanians etc. Just like kicking out all the Mexicans will solve all US`problems...

The weak pound will make Uk imports (10gen Civic) more profitable. Canada`s free trade agreement with the EU....just have to photocopy it, white out EU, and insert UK instead. There...sorted.

Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: 10th Gen Civic 5-Door    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-27-2016 13:14
A77X wrote:
If nothing else this proves once and for all that referenda are a bad idea. This was a very complex issue and most people (on both sides) simply don`t get the full picture. And are easily manipulated. Most people who voted for exit decided so on immigration grounds it would seem. Fanciful idea that brexit means getting jobs back to brits instead of Poles, Romanians etc. Just like kicking out all the Mexicans will solve all US`problems...

The weak pound will make Uk imports (10gen Civic) more profitable. Canada`s free trade agreement with the EU....just have to photocopy it, white out EU, and insert UK instead. There...sorted.

That's an interesting point - I believe the US (for example; I looked at it recently) has a bi-lateral agreement with each country anyway, since there isn't really a legal 'EU' as such. So they do the photocopy bit anyway.

Anti-immigrant isn't always entirely xenophobia - there are of course bigots, but for others it's the overcrowding/pressure on public services that aren't geared to cope. For others, it's being incapable of actually having any control over it, since it's what the elite want.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: 10th Gen Civic 5-Door    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-27-2016 15:31
A77X wrote:

I truly beg to differ.

The will of the people, so long as it does not become the tyranny of the majority ignoring REAL human rights (*), is exaclty what we call FREEDOM.

In the case of the Brexit, it was the "In" forces that used innuendo, lies (**) and nastiness. Most people knew exactly why they left and we should celebrate the right of self determination.

I for one, don't want the likes of Soros and his globalist bankers to tell me how to run my country. We've had a long run of that in the US and I think it's time to dump those a$$holes down the pit of history.

And yes, shutting down the flow of illegal immigrants would help tremendously. Who do you think is hurt the most by that? The poor. Yep, the illegals take jobs at lower wages, paid for cash.

Don't even get me started on the H1B visa fiasco. Please trust me on this... do NOT trust what Wall Street, the Chamber of Commerce and the DC "One Party" says. They are not on the side of the people. They don't care about our well being.

Go read Alan Greenspan's book. I did. It will open your eyes to how the globalists want to manipulate us.

(*) Not those concocted by political parties for their own political benefit.
(**) You will lose your pensions if we leave...

Thread Page - [1] 2
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0