[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Honda announces changes for 2019 Civic, including new Sport trim
More.......................
When is the 2019 Accord arriving in showrooms? Maybe not until 2019
American Honda Reports July Sales Results
Official statement from Honda concerning flooding of Celaya factory
News from the dealer side: 2019 HR-V, Fit, and Insight production impacted due to flooding in Celaya
2019 Honda HR-V updated with styling tweaks, Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, and available Honda Sensing
2019 Acura MDX Arrives with Luxury and Performance Upgrades Plus First A-Spec Variant
SPIED IN EUROPE! Civic Type R refresh
Accord --> Re: Local dealer has a bunch of new 17 Accord Tourings in front of building.
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> Re: Ridgeline outlasts Taco in Death Valley Torture Test
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Alonso Quits F1
Join Discussion......
Pilot --> Re: Passport spy pics
Join Discussion......
Pilot --> Re: 2019 Pilot "Black Edition"
Join Discussion......
Honda Motorcycles --> Re: Retro Honda CBX returning - yes it has an L6. July 12-18
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
HR-V/Vezel --> Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Alaska Airlines plane hijacked
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Navigation and Subtle Aromatherapy
Join Discussion......
Clarity --> Re: Clarity PHEV Owner
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: "Moose Test". Nissan Kicks fail
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: Re:Honda Debuts 2019 Civic Sport in Sedan and Coupe Form
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: H2 for All... again at last!
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: No more 3rd gen FC Clarity, Hello 2020 4th gen
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > All-New Acura CDX Compact SUV makes global debut at the 14th Beijing International Auto Show > > Re: Photos

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - 1 [2]
Author

sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: Photos [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-26-2016 00:23
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
smArt wrote:
CarmB wrote:
It's a matter of opinion. If you've decided that the CDX interior is aesthetically superior to the all the others you've displayed, that's valid. I see it differently. Equally valid, I would say.

I wouldn't say it's aesthetically superior to the others, but I wouldn't say it's aesthetically inferior or not high enough by "today's standards" to work as a premium brand offering. My opinion is, it's appropriate for it's class, and I think it's competitors agree.

Having spent a few hours in a Q3 [because my A6 was spending the week in rehab] I think the CDX interior looks great, a return to the mid '00s highlight the RLegendo. And I bet it would be more comfortable, and better ergonomically to boot!

As for quality, that will depend on the market, and the finishes Honda pick for that market.

magueto
Profile for magueto
Re: Photos [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-26-2016 07:44
Fitdad wrote:
I think the interior looks pretty good:

Seats look pretty nice:

Agree looks good. One thing that I like a lot is the smooth integration of the doors with the dash a la Honda of 80's and 90's. Interesting that Acura is including tweeters in the rear doors in the same position as the front ones.

CanTeX
Profile for CanTeX
Re: Photos [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-26-2016 09:01
OK, Honda, do the right thing and bring some version of this, whatever the platform, to North America. I'll be ready in a year or so.

(I don't know the entire demographic of VTEC.net but maybe there are a few wishing they could talk but they can't because of their NDA.)

CVCC1974
Profile for CVCC1974
Re: Photos [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-26-2016 10:33
Now that I see the interior..... I think the interior is pretty good, better-styled than most current Acura. Although I hate to look at the kick parking brake, I mean come on... The HR-V has electric parking brake already! that adds bit of cheapness.

But still, the exterior (especially how the character lines go) looks cheap to me. :P

acurazrule
Profile for acurazrule
Re: Photos [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-26-2016 16:11
CanTex wrote:
OK, Honda, do the right thing and bring some version of this, whatever the platform, to North America. I'll be ready in a year or so.

(I don't know the entire demographic of VTEC.net but maybe there are a few wishing they could talk but they can't because of their NDA.)

Agree, I wouldn't mind getting this for my wife. Actually the HR-V would be ok as well but the motor and cvt combo is a letdown. The decision would be tougher assuming the HR-V gets the Civic version of the 1.5 turbo at the mid model refresh. Would the extra power and DCT in the CDX be enough improvement over the refreshed HR-V, interior/exterior aesthetics aside?

Wonder what the price point would be on the CDX if it comes here?

Brutus
Profile for Brutus
Re: Photos [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-26-2016 17:54
dominik331 wrote:
dominik331 wrote:
More pictures here, including the interior
http://www.carscoops.com/2016/04/acura-says-it-has-no-current-plans-to.html

Acura says no plan to bring to the USA

Something like this is coming, maybe not this exact thing, but pretty close to it no doubt. The CUV market is huge.

B.

integrator
Profile for integrator
Re: Photos [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-26-2016 20:45
@NealX : Is this CDX and the refreshed MDX from Ikeda and his team?

CarmB
Profile for CarmB
Re: Photos [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-26-2016 21:03
Brutus wrote:
dominik331 wrote:
dominik331 wrote:
More pictures here, including the interior
http://www.carscoops.com/2016/04/acura-says-it-has-no-current-plans-to.html

Acura says no plan to bring to the USA

Something like this is coming, maybe not this exact thing, but pretty close to it no doubt. The CUV market is huge.

B.

The CUV market is huge, true. Yet I'd still prefer that Acura give the hot hatch configuration a shot first. Personal bias all the way. My ideal package would be a five-door hatch with excellent performance, top-grade interior, good utility, etc.

That said, I will say that based on the HR-V, what Honda does have is the ability to bake a lot of utility into a small package. Most CUVs are hard to live with over the long haul because they're so cramped.

By the way, if what we have here is a marginal upgrade on the HR-V, so much so that simply dropping a turbo into the HR-V would render the CD-V a hard sell, it's a mistake to make it Acura's entry in the sub-RDX slot.

Acura has an image problem here in North America. Upgrading the image should trump other considerations. It should be about considering the impact this CD-V would have on the brand's image. It wouldn't help, in my opinion. On the other hand, a hot hatch done right . . .

smArt
Profile for smArt
Re: Photos [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-27-2016 00:22
I almost feel Honda/Acura get bullied by the auto media and in comment sections and it's kind of sad, but kind of hilarious. Smart luxury was one stupid idea.

Should this car have been released with fancy pictures enhanced with photo filters x 1000, people wouldn't see this CDX the way they do now. The minivan comment on the Pilot followed it for a long time because of that awful picture Honda released before the full reveal.

Acura is getting lambasted for releasing a compact on a fit platform that looks more premium than any offering they currently have on the market (save the NSX). But the media and those comments will have you believe it's the ugliest car in the world... well, unless it wore a Caddy badge. People were so polite to that ugly little thing called the XT5. Car and Driver, do not love Honda (or BMW) anymore. This was such a bandwagon comment from them:
Perhaps itís for the best that the CDX is so far confirmed only for the Chinese market.
Oh yeah, and guess who had to liken the Pilot to a minivan? Car and Driver. But Chevy's, Caddy's, and Fords are the gold standard according to them. Ikeda and friends need to be more hands on with how they reveal their products because the media is killing them right now.

This picture could've been a good teaser pic...

There is no core product currently in Acura's stock that looks better than this CDX imo.

If these seats were black with red accents as an ASPEC trim, that would be hot.

danielgr
Profile for danielgr
Re: Photos [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-27-2016 12:03
smArt wrote:
CarmB wrote:
It's a matter of opinion. If you've decided that the CDX interior is aesthetically superior to the all the others you've displayed, that's valid. I see it differently. Equally valid, I would say.

I wouldn't say it's aesthetically superior to the others, but I wouldn't say it's aesthetically inferior or not high enough by "today's standards" to work as a premium brand offering. My opinion is, it's appropriate for it's class, and I think it's competitors agree.

Thanks smArt for taking the time to share those pics (including comparisons with its competitors) with us.
Personally, I am totally appalled by some of the reactions in this forum regarding the CDX, and I am having a hard time understanding them.

I don't think I have often shown praise for a Honda car exterior design, nor for many of their recent interiors, but really, I pretty much like everything you've shown us (not the crappy PR photos ore the leaked bull-eye ones), both inside out.
Do people realize this is meant to be the cheapest Acura in the lineup?
I think it looks much better than any other Acura SUV, right now or ever, and also considerably better and upscale when compared with the HR-V/Vezel (and yes, I live in Japan with all the fancy LEDs and stuff).

Sure looks are subjective, but sometimes I wonder how can they be "so subjective".
I would understand anyone not "loving it", but my tired brain can't figure out what's going on with CarmB and CVCC neurons...

Mikeydred
Profile for Mikeydred
Re: Photos [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-27-2016 14:28
CarmB is famous for flip flopping, he/she is the same person that use to defend the ILX like a majority shareholder. I agree, considering this is suppose to be entry level Acura it is a step up from any of their other offerings at the entry level in recent years, interior looks better than anything Acura offers now, save for the updated MDX advance trim interior IMO. Looks are subjective but based on that it does hold it own against the competition. I am more concerned with the things we can't see like the chassis, drivetrain etc., they are utilizing IDS, so hopefully there is some sporting intentions, whether or not it will or should come to the US is a different subject.
Fitdad
Profile for Fitdad
Re: Photos [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-27-2016 15:08
Thanks danielgr and Mikeydred!

This is the entry-level Acura and I think if it is any indication of where the next-generation of "entry-level" Acura's are going to be at then it's a REALLY positive sign for the brand.

CarmB
Profile for CarmB
Re: Photos [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-27-2016 17:50
Acura has an image problem. Addressing that ought to be a priority right now and bringing out a Fit-based product at this time is not going to enhance Acura's image, hence the timing isn't right to do it.

I don't look at the CDX images and think premium product. I think, meh, nothing to see here. There are no gotta-get-me-one-of-these urges stirring.

Acura needs to start hitting it out of the park, so to speak. The CUV is at best a base hit.

There is a time to focus on raw sales numbers and a time to make choices that are in the best interests of brand image. It doesn't take much foresight to imagine how this would go. Right now it's all about bring this to America but once here it would be about blasting Acura for being nothing more than a branding exercise, serving up Hondas for inflated prices. I've been frequenting this forum long enough to have the script pretty much consigned to memory.

I was wrong about the ILX, have seen the error of my ways, and now I'm simply hoping Acura will not keep making the same mistakes yet expecting a different outcome. There was a time when I would have thought it a great idea to Acurafy the Fit (aka HR-V). Posted along those lines a few years back on this very forum. I was wrong, I see that now.

Mikeydred
Profile for Mikeydred
Re: Photos [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-27-2016 18:09
CarmB wrote:
Acura has an image problem. Addressing that ought to be a priority right now and bringing out a Fit-based product at this time is not going to enhance Acura's image, hence the timing isn't right to do it.

I don't look at the CDX images and think premium product. I think, meh, nothing to see here. There are no gotta-get-me-one-of-these urges stirring.

Acura needs to start hitting it out of the park, so to speak. The CUV is at best a base hit.

There is a time to focus on raw sales numbers and a time to make choices that are in the best interests of brand image. It doesn't take much foresight to imagine how this would go. Right now it's all about bring this to America but once here it would be about blasting Acura for being nothing more than a branding exercise, serving up Hondas for inflated prices. I've been frequenting this forum long enough to have the script pretty much consigned to memory.

I was wrong about the ILX, have seen the error of my ways, and now I'm simply hoping Acura will not keep making the same mistakes yet expecting a different outcome. There was a time when I would have thought it a great idea to Acurafy the Fit (aka HR-V). Posted along those lines a few years back on this very forum. I was wrong, I see that now.

I agree that CDX will not help Acura become more premium the upper end is where the money and prestige is made, but you also want them to make a hatch ala Integra so which one is it? If anything the CDX shows they are putting better effort in their products, we don't live in China maybe this suits China taste and can only help their sales there which is non existent, I think many of us were happy to see the piping return on the MDX seats along with wood trim although only in the top model. If they are putting this effort in MMC and entry level products I surely hope it transitions into a better batch of next generation products, because the current batch was a wasted opportunity due to them pussy footing as usual.

Fitdad
Profile for Fitdad
Re: Photos [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-27-2016 21:03
Anytime you create a product that can compete head to head with the best in the business it raises your image - no matter the price or item.

Acura should have a CDX here in the States because the X1/GLA/Q3 aren't really all that good and are all FWD/AWD and Acura can absolutely compete head to head with them if they execute properly.

Put it another way: within 75 miles of me there are 33 Audi Q3s for sale. The cheapest one is $35,000 - most are between $38 and $42K. And that's great, way to go Audi.

But Acura absolutely could create a sub-RDX SUV that can compete with the Q3 in terms of performance, materials and design that would be widely available on dealer lots for probably $5,000 less than that with much better equipped versions topping out at probably $38K.

Would I rather see it be based off the new Civic platform and be built in Ohio or England? Sure. But it's all about what kind of performance they can deliver and if they can meet the proper target with the HR-V platform does it really matter that much? It's all about the product right?

I probably belabor this point but if Acura wants to raise it's image then it needs to get into big magazine comparison tests with the Robot Horse competition. A $34-36K CDX Tech with SHAWD would probably acquit itself quite well against the GLA/Q3/X1 and that is hugely important. BMW, Lexus, Mercedes and Audi are like 50% of the luxury market so they need to get their buyers onto Acura lots any way they can.

CarmB
Profile for CarmB
Re: Photos [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-27-2016 21:05
Mikeydred wrote:
CarmB wrote:

I agree that CDX will not help Acura become more premium the upper end is where the money and prestige is made, but you also want them to make a hatch ala Integra so which one is it? If anything the CDX shows they are putting better effort in their products, we don't live in China maybe this suits China taste and can only help their sales there which is non existent, I think many of us were happy to see the piping return on the MDX seats along with wood trim although only in the top model. If they are putting this effort in MMC and entry level products I surely hope it transitions into a better batch of next generation products, because the current batch was a wasted opportunity due to them pussy footing as usual.

I hope you're right about the CDX being better executed than I'm thinking. To be fair, we're talking photos. To get a feel for the interior, it would require sitting in the real thing.

Regarding making a hatch version of the next ILX, execution would certainly matter. I do like Acura's chances of delivering a premium finished product using the new platform used in the Civic and soon enough the Accord, whereas I'm sceptical that we'll see a premium product using the Fit/HDR platform as a starting point. It's a trend now for automakers to build out their auto range using a common platform. Subaru is going there with the next Imprezza the first of a range of products built off the same platform. The compact category is the beneficiary in so much as a platform engineered for the highly competitive midsize class is being used, too, in compacts. Hence we get a new Civic that is getting plenty of praise. If you then use that platform as a starting point for the next ILX (no doubt this will happen) it's as valid to think of it as using the next Accord platform for it as the Civic because they're one and the same. Considering the current TLX (a decent model overall, by the way) is derived from the current Accord platform and the next Accord platform will likely be superior, it bodes well for the next ILX. Now, take that strong starting point, release it as a hatch, and you've got a fine entry Acura. Let's not forget this hatch would no doubt be using a version of 2.0L T currently under development mated to a DCT putting it firmly in line with the state-of-art in premium entry offerings.

I'm not suggesting anything remarkable here. There is a new ILX likely and doing it as both a hatch and sedan makes a lot of sense. Then if you feel the need for a sub-RDX ute, draw from the Subaru playbook. The Imprezza comes as a sedan, a hatch, and a compact SUV rebadged the Crosstrek. That Crosstrek is the Imprezza with a raised ride height and some styling differences. So, you do the ILX sedan, the ILX hatch and follow up with the ILX utility variation called something else (CDX).

There is enough breathing room between where the ILX is likely to start and where the RDX does start that it would be easy enough to deliver a utility vehicle costing significantly less than the RDX. Using U.S. pricing, if the ILX starts at say $28,300, the RDX at $35,500, the Civic/Accord/ILX-derived ute would slot in at around $32,000.

Lexus doesn't have a ute derived from a subcompact platform yet is the No. 1 brand in premium ute sales, outselling Acura in 2016 Q1 41,926 to 24,168. It's base ute is the NX which starts at about $34,965. In March, Lexus sold 4,533 NXs. That's more than many of the small utes many think are a really hot commodity. The Q3 (1,505) and the X1 (3,145) certainly are less popular. There is the Buick Encore going strong at 6,426 units but is it really in Acura's best interests to draw sales away from Buick? Isn't it about taking on BMW, Audi, Lexus, etc. rather than going into Buick territory. The Encore, at a starting price of $24,065, is a long way from what Acura ought to be eying as a starting point.

Offer a Buick competitor and obviously, you're going to be compared to, well, Buick.

In comparison, end up with a ute spinoff of the next ILX that starts at $32,000 - much higher than Encore and more in the ballpark of the Q3 ($33,700), X1 ($34,800) and NX ($34,965). That product gets you into the mix for premium-brand sales. Not Encore numbers, likely, but sales are not the whole story.

A sub-RDX offering with some utility? Terrific. Make it happen. An HRV-derived utility offering to take on Buick? Not how you improve Acura's image, in North America.

China isn't the U.S. or Canada. What works there doesn't necessarily work here.

smArt
Profile for smArt
Re: Photos [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-28-2016 00:14
danielgr wrote:
smArt wrote:
CarmB wrote:

Thanks smArt for taking the time to share those pics (including comparisons with its competitors) with us.
Personally, I am totally appalled by some of the reactions in this forum regarding the CDX, and I am having a hard time understanding them.

I don't think I have often shown praise for a Honda car exterior design, nor for many of their recent interiors, but really, I pretty much like everything you've shown us (not the crappy PR photos ore the leaked bull-eye ones), both inside out.
Do people realize this is meant to be the cheapest Acura in the lineup?
I think it looks much better than any other Acura SUV, right now or ever, and also considerably better and upscale when compared with the HR-V/Vezel (and yes, I live in Japan with all the fancy LEDs and stuff).

Sure looks are subjective, but sometimes I wonder how can they be "so subjective".
I would understand anyone not "loving it", but my tired brain can't figure out what's going on with CarmB and CVCC neurons...

Ur welcome danielgr. I think the OVERREACTION has more to do with the general perception of the brand than with the actual product itself. Plus, it's fun to ride the Acura hate train these days apparently.

It's still a proper little SUV.

holografique
Profile for holografique
Re: Photos [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-28-2016 01:33
thanks for posting these pics.

I think there's some interesting details being overlooked by folks here on the board that, if they are signs of what we may see in the next round of major FMC models for NA 2018, then it's pretty exciting IMO.

* it has a "HUD", currently only something that the RLX Sport-Hybrid offers for the NA market. and this is supposed to be an "entry-level" Acura...

* plethora of power and media connection options in the rear seat.

* much larger LCD/MID area in the gauge dashboard area

* return to a single touch-screen layout

* much more cohesive flow and design in the entire dashboard area. no more large "humps" created by the upper 2nd display. the new dashboard layout actually reminds me a lot of the 3G TL. My guess is this is a sign of Ikeda's oversight and direction coming back into effect.

I think overall the small signs of the technology improvements and interior design that we see in these pics is very promising for what's to come for the NA vehicles overall.

holografique
Profile for holografique
Re: Photos [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-28-2016 01:45
HUD

Larger LCD/MID gauge dashboard area

Ports, ports, ports

Nice bumber detail

(proper honeycomb grill instead of that horrible cross-hatch chicken-wire style used on the RLX)

NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: Photos [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-28-2016 10:05
I like the gloss black on the lower exterior trim pieces. A good idea, there.

dominik331
Profile for dominik331
Re: Photos [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-28-2016 11:02
So it looks like there is no CD player in this car? Would it be the first Acura without one?
lexusgs
Profile for lexusgs
Re: Photos [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-28-2016 11:39
Fitdad wrote:
Anytime you create a product that can compete head to head with the best in the business it raises your image - no matter the price or item.

Acura should have a CDX here in the States because the X1/GLA/Q3 aren't really all that good and are all FWD/AWD and Acura can absolutely compete head to head with them if they execute properly.

Put it another way: within 75 miles of me there are 33 Audi Q3s for sale. The cheapest one is $35,000 - most are between $38 and $42K. And that's great, way to go Audi.

But Acura absolutely could create a sub-RDX SUV that can compete with the Q3 in terms of performance, materials and design that would be widely available on dealer lots for probably $5,000 less than that with much better equipped versions topping out at probably $38K.

Would I rather see it be based off the new Civic platform and be built in Ohio or England? Sure. But it's all about what kind of performance they can deliver and if they can meet the proper target with the HR-V platform does it really matter that much? It's all about the product right?

I probably belabor this point but if Acura wants to raise it's image then it needs to get into big magazine comparison tests with the Robot Horse competition. A $34-36K CDX Tech with SHAWD would probably acquit itself quite well against the GLA/Q3/X1 and that is hugely important. BMW, Lexus, Mercedes and Audi are like 50% of the luxury market so they need to get their buyers onto Acura lots any way they can.

You still don't get it, you just want Acura to build you a sub entry level vehicle you want instead of a vehicle Acura needs and the market demands. What you want can mostly be found at the Honda dealership with the HRV which is the main problem with Honda/Acura now, some are so used to Acura being Honda+ that they embrace Acura just building Honda's with leather, a beak, nicer stereo over being a actual competitive luxury brand. Just ask Honda to build a nicer HRV.

The German players differ greatly because they are not spun off from mainstream brands so because they have a solid lineup of pretty successful Tier 1/competitive cars it is not as big of a deal to dip into some lower segments because they don't have mainstream brands offering those types of cars to make profits on or to dilute the brand. Even with Audi nobody with any car knowledge thinks Audi is just VW+ and thinks a A4, A5, A6, A7, or A8 are just fancy Jetta's and Passat's, Audi's are on another level better, unique, and nicer then VW's and can legitimately compete with Tier 1 vehicles though Audi's still do struggle against BMW, Mercedes, and even Lexus in the States and barely sell more then Acura or Infiniti if they do. Tier 1 brands also have to offer smaller more fuel efficient vehicles with smaller engines due to upcoming CAFE/fuel economy standards since they can't rely on mainstream brands to satisfy those requirements.

The sub entry level segment is small and mostly insignificant, look at the sales of sub entry level cars compared to more expensive entry level, it is always lower which tells you something. It is a segment certain brands have to be careful dipping their toe in because it can hurt some brands perception especially a brand that has not established itself in the mid to upper levels and brands that are owned by mainstream brands that have very similar vehicles already sitting in their lineups. Mercedes offering some sub entry level vehicles won't hurt them much because they have no mainstream brands with similar vehicles and they have fully established themselves in the upper levels, Acura offering sub entry level vehicles is just more insult to injury because Honda already has the same basic vehicles and Acura has still not come close to establishing itself in the mid to upper levels, it is wasting lot space and money/engineering effort on vehicles they don't really need nor make much profit. Acura had a turbo 4, entry level Shawd CUV
and it was a failure.

Acura does not need a CDX or ILX in my opinion, the RDX and 4 cyl TLX are low end enough when it comes to the luxury market. Those cars just hurt the brand perception, take up space, cause Honda to have to hold back or dilute models, just for some extra sales with very low profits which can be had by just offering a nicer version of a civic/hrv. They don't belong in a luxury lineup especially one that shares very similar vehicles from a mainstream brand and one that has no real legitimate competitors in the mid to upper level and is really struggling by a horrible over reaction decision in 08/09 to kill all upper level vehicles in the pipeline and to cost cut their entire lineup. If Acura establishes itself in the mid to higher levels then it may make a little more sense to also offer some vehicles in the lower end but until then it just complicates and exaggerates Acura's problems.

This CDX is not even good looking, it is odd/cheap looking and shows this new grill is just going to hurt Acura design again.

Mikeydred
Profile for Mikeydred
Re: Photos [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-28-2016 11:54
I will say, I doubt the US design team had any say in the CDX. We still have to wait for the first official product form the US team, ILX or RDX? to see if they may be on to something.
BallerMDX
Profile for BallerMDX
Re: Photos [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-28-2016 11:57
Without a doubt the CDX interior actually looks the part of a premium brand, which no current Acura can say. I like that it borrows elements from the NSX but still has its own unique look. Overall, it's a nice effort inside/out...

However, let's remember that the front end design has been Acura's Achilles heel this past decade, and the new diamond grille just isn't anything special. If it looks too big and bland on the SUVs, then just how much better will it look on the much smaller sedans? That's the concern. The Precision Concept looked great overall, but I had my reservations about the grille at reveal and after seeing the CDX, they remain...

Plus the wow factor of the Jewel Eye headlights has worn off and we're starting to see there's not a lot you can do with them. After improving the Jewel Eye design on the ILX and RDX, Acura actually took a step backwards with them on the MMC MDX and now the CDX.

Mikeydred
Profile for Mikeydred
Re: Photos [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-28-2016 12:12
Agreed on the lights, they don't even look like jewels on the CDX they look like the Honda units on the Accord, which they probably are. The MDX I think will look great in the flesh, they kept the same two row setup but added leds to the corners like the RDX, wish they would have kept the housing smaller though.

Thread Page - 1 [2]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0