[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Is Acura going to reveal a new Legend at Pebble Beach this year?
More.......................
Honda reports February Sales
Honda revealing production RWD prototype of Urban EV Concept at the Geneva International Motorshow
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
American Honda reports January sales
Acura Marks 15th Anniversary of Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™
Repair and Maintenance --> cylinder #1 running rich.
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2024 Honda Le Mans Racecar.
Join Discussion......
Amateur Racing & Driving --> Re: Vigor @ NCCAR Apexfest
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda / Acura Shakeup?
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: I chose the Si over the GTI
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2019 Australian Grand Prix - Spoilers
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Accord-based CT5?!
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: IMSA - 2019 Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: FRS/86/BRZ Recall
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Suzuki Grand Vitara experience?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: New Honda Envix
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Type S In New York?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: I found the answer for solving EUs horrible car lineup
Join Discussion......
Passport --> Re: Built an Elite.
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Next gen TLX spied...
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Civic > > Re: 2016 Civic Touring Cruise Control Issue (car rocks front to back)

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1] 2
Author
  Post New Thread
Bob2121
Profile for Bob2121
2016 Civic Touring Cruise Control Issue (car rocks front to back)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-17-2015 20:07
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I got the first Touring model my dealer had in stock.

The car is great. I have a couple of issues. The worst is the cruise control.

If you are on flat land and set (I've noticed it more in the 70's mph). The car rocks back to front while maintaining speed. It's very annoying and enough for me to turn the cruise off. I have yet to fully test other speeds but it did it to me in the way to work and on a short trip tonight. Does my one have any idea what this problem is?

It is bad enough for passengers to notice as well as my wife kept pointing it out.

Other small issues:
Hood is out of alignment on drivers side from factory.
Creaking ticking noise below rear passenger seat over 60ish mph.

Thanks

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: 2016 Civic Touring Cruise Control Issue (car rocks front to back)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-17-2015 20:52
Bob2121 wrote:

Thanks

Check for a beer bottle under the rear seat. May have been assembled on a Friday afternoon.
:)

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: 2016 Civic Touring Cruise Control Issue (car rocks front to back)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-17-2015 23:38
Bob2121 wrote:

If you are on flat land and set (I've noticed it more in the 70's mph). The car rocks back to front while maintaining speed. It's very annoying and enough for me to turn the cruise off. I have yet to fully test other speeds but it did it to me in the way to work and on a short trip tonight. Does my one have any idea what this problem is?

It is bad enough for passengers to notice as well as my wife kept pointing it out.

Other small issues:

Thanks

There's a 2016 Civic in my driveway, but I won't be able to drive it until tomorrow night at the earliest. I will see if the one I have does this as well.

Dren
Profile for Dren
Re: 2016 Civic Touring Cruise Control Issue (car rocks front to back)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-18-2015 10:35
If you hold it at speed does it still do it, even with the cruise off? Rocking back and forth almost sounds like an aerodynamic issue. Is the engine surging?
Hondatalover
Profile for Hondatalover
Re: 2016 Civic Touring Cruise Control Issue (car rocks front to back)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-18-2015 20:44
Aside from the aero being a possible culprit, it could just be the engine not being able to keep the car at the same speed with the constant throttle position that was set (car detects speed +/- too much and lets off and on the throttle electronically) which should be fixed in a ECU reprogram. remap form the dealer.

Any side winds or anything?

The ONLY time I can get my TSX to do that 'rocking' or 'engine braking effect' is when I manually change the speed up or down on the steering wheel and back to where I had it. Car will speed up but when I lower the set speed again before it reaches where I bumped it op or down to it 'rocks' as it slows then 'rocks/ lurches' again when the throttle opens back up electronically to maintain that speed.

It's a very direct and solid feel, like a pull, not so much as a rock which I think about when in the TLX or a car with bad shocks you come to a complete stop and the whole car rocks back and forth..

Bob2121
Profile for Bob2121
Re: 2016 Civic Touring Cruise Control Issue (car rocks front to back)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-18-2015 22:57
Jeff,
Thanks, please let me know. Set cruse around 72 and you'll feel the surging back and forth if it happens. It's horrible. I'm ready to sell the car if they can fix it.

It's this very slight back and forth kind of bouncy feeling.
Bob

Bob2121
Profile for Bob2121
Re: 2016 Civic Touring Cruise Control Issue (car rocks front to back)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-18-2015 22:59
Not sure, I'll try and do that.
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: 2016 Civic Touring Cruise Control Issue (car rocks front to back)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-18-2015 23:01
Bob2121 wrote:
Jeff,
Thanks, please let me know. Set cruse around 72 and you'll feel the surging back and forth if it happens. It's horrible. I'm ready to sell the car if they can fix it.

It's this very slight back and forth kind of bouncy feeling.
Bob

we had a lot of rain this afternoon so traffic on the freeway was heavy until later than normal and it just wasn't a good time to go out and mess with it with random folks reacting oddly to the wet conditions, but I will definitely try it out in the next day or two. The weather is clearing out tonight.

Bob2121
Profile for Bob2121
Re: 2016 Civic Touring Cruise Control Issue (car rocks front to back)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-18-2015 23:03
It's not an aerodynamics issue or an engine surging issue in my opinion. The tach stays right where is should. It feels like the CVT is hunting back and forth.
Dren
Profile for Dren
Re: 2016 Civic Touring Cruise Control Issue (car rocks front to back)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-19-2015 07:33
That should be a logic fix, especially if it doesn't do it if you keep it at speed manually.
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: 2016 Civic Touring Cruise Control Issue (car rocks front to back)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-19-2015 10:57
Bob2121 wrote:

Other small issues:

Thanks

Does this rocking sensation happen regardless of whether you're in "Econ" or "Normal"? Have you tried shifting the transmission into the "S" position? If so, is it still happening?

Towelman
Profile for Towelman
Re: 2016 Civic Touring Cruise Control Issue (car rocks front to back)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-19-2015 12:23
Is this with the Adaptive Cruise Control on? Or is this with just regular cruise and the ACC off? I wonder if it's more in the "Sensing" part.

M52
Profile for M52
Re: 2016 Civic Touring Cruise Control Issue (car rocks front to back)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-19-2015 12:42
You're an ASS!
M52
Profile for M52
Re: 2016 Civic Touring Cruise Control Issue (car rocks front to back)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-19-2015 12:43
You're an ASS!
M52
Profile for M52
Re: 2016 Civic Touring Cruise Control Issue (car rocks front to back)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-19-2015 12:46
meant for superchg2. I think you've had too much to drink. If you're not intelligent enough to respond with a meaningful comment then don't.

towncaptain
Profile for towncaptain
Re: 2016 Civic Touring Cruise Control Issue (car rocks front to back)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-19-2015 13:03
Relax, he didnt mean Bob drinks. It mightve been possible that temp employees made his car, thus to why he said Friday.
Chris_6MT
Profile for Chris_6MT
Re: 2016 Civic Touring Cruise Control Issue (car rocks front to back)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-19-2015 15:12
M52 wrote:
meant for superchg2. I think you've had too much to drink. If you're not intelligent enough to respond with a meaningful comment then don't.

I think you might need a drink or two.

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: 2016 Civic Touring Cruise Control Issue (car rocks front to back)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-19-2015 15:26
M52 wrote:

Take a chill pill, dude.

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: 2016 Civic Touring Cruise Control Issue (car rocks front to back)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-19-2015 15:49
Bob2121 wrote:

Other small issues:

Thanks

I tried this on about a 10 mile stretch. I did not notice any "rocking", but maybe it's because the roads I were on had a variety of expansion strips, bridge joints, etc.. Perhaps this is something that would best be felt on perfectly smooth road?

I tried it at 72mph with the cruise set, in "normal cruise" mode (ACC disabled due to traffic). I tried it in Normal and ECON drive modes. Unfortunately there are not many "flat" roads anywhere near where I live. I will try to take it out away from town and get on some of the roads that are more nearly flat to see if I can experience this.

sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: 2016 Civic Touring Cruise Control Issue (car rocks front to back)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-19-2015 17:52
JeffX wrote:

I tried it at 72mph with the cruise set, in "normal cruise" mode (ACC disabled due to traffic).

Jeff how do you disable ACC [specifically on the Accord]?? I've tried looking up the owner's manual, but there is no mention of being allowed to disable this feature??

accord1999
Profile for accord1999
Re: 2016 Civic Touring Cruise Control Issue (car rocks front to back)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-19-2015 18:01
sadlerau wrote:
Jeff how do you disable ACC [specifically on the Accord]?? I've tried looking up the owner's manual, but there is no mention of being allowed to disable this feature??

Do you have a steering wheel button called Main? This toggles cruise control between normal and adaptive.

sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: 2016 Civic Touring Cruise Control Issue (car rocks front to back)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-19-2015 18:07
I'll try it this weekend, when I can grab the keys from the "war office". Thanks :)
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: 2016 Civic Touring Cruise Control Issue (car rocks front to back)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-19-2015 18:15
sadlerau wrote:
JeffX wrote:

I tried it at 72mph with the cruise set, in "normal cruise" mode (ACC disabled due to traffic).

on the civic you hit and hold the "follow distance" button for a few moments and it will toggle it on and off. I believe it's the same way on all of the Hondas and Acuras I've sampled with ACC.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: 2016 Civic Touring Cruise Control Issue (car rocks front to back)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-19-2015 18:58
JeffX wrote:
sadlerau wrote:
JeffX wrote:

on the civic you hit and hold the "follow distance" button for a few moments and it will toggle it on and off. I believe it's the same way on all of the Hondas and Acuras I've sampled with ACC.

Hmm.. yes.

Blue99si
Profile for Blue99si
Re: 2016 Civic Touring Cruise Control Issue (car rocks front to back)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-19-2015 21:14
Bob2121 wrote:
It's not an aerodynamics issue or an engine surging issue in my opinion. The tach stays right where is should. It feels like the CVT is hunting back and forth.

This is exactly what I was thinking.......was wondering if the speed setting or grade angle of the road was causing the CVT to create this surging effect when using the cruise control.

accord1999
Profile for accord1999
Re: 2016 Civic Touring Cruise Control Issue (car rocks front to back)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-19-2015 22:22
sadlerau wrote:
I'll try it this weekend, when I can grab the keys from the "war office". Thanks :)

Sorry, Jeff is correct. I'm mistaken and the Main button turns off cruise control entirely.

s1004kim
Profile for s1004kim
Re: 2016 Civic Touring Cruise Control Issue (car rocks front to back)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-20-2015 15:18
Hi Bob, Sorry to hear about this. I would definitely have a dealership check out the vehicle. If you haven't done so already, please call the Honda Customer Service department for full discussion about this matter. They can be reached Mon – Fri between 6 AM - 5 PM PST at 800-999-1009. If you have a Twitter handle, you can also reach them at @HondaCustSvc and we can help connect you with your local dealer.

Thank you,

Sam

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: 2016 Civic Touring Cruise Control Issue (car rocks front to back)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-20-2015 16:21
s1004kim wrote:
Hi Bob, Sorry to hear about this. I would definitely have a dealership check out the vehicle. If you haven't done so already, please call the Honda Customer Service department for full discussion about this matter. They can be reached Mon – Fri between 6 AM - 5 PM PST at 800-999-1009. If you have a Twitter handle, you can also reach them at @HondaCustSvc and we can help connect you with your local dealer.

Thank you,

Sam

Sam-

That is very kind of you...

..but now that you have unmasked yourself you have exposed yourself to get copious amount of advice from the TOV community.

Be ready to filter stuff like:

(1) The rear door speakers don't fit right
(2) I can't get a Honda RWD with 734 bhp for under $30K.

And so on... :-P

However, do pay attention to our "Acura going around in circles" (*) posts discussing AHM's marketing (or lack there of). ;-D

(*) I believe that Nick Graves has a copyright on that.

Gfn8r
Profile for Gfn8r
Re: 2016 Civic Touring Cruise Control Issue (car rocks front to back)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-20-2015 21:31
JeffX wrote:
sadlerau wrote:
JeffX wrote:

Yes..hold the right side of the SET/RES hat-switch down until "Cruise Mode" is on the center display.

On my 2013 Accord Touring, you can feel as the car accelerates and decelerates more than a normal CC. In traffic, you have to be aware of what's behind you, in addition to what's in front of you, as at least in the first couple of years of this ACC, AFAIK, the braking tends to be rather abrupt if a car pulls in close in front of you; in heavier traffic, I "cover" the throttle with my right foot, then if someone pulls in, I give just enough throttle to override the ACC, then slowly let it out. (The other issue is that the ACC doesn't always react as fast as I'd like once traffic clears or speeds up in front of me; perhaps the Civic's more advanced system with the low-speed-follow may have cured this. Maybe Honda got things working better with the camera and radar working in concert with one another, who knows?)

If nothing else, the OP's cure could be a firmware flash away; which Acura had a flash for either LKAS or CMBS falses?

Bob2121
Profile for Bob2121
Re: 2016 Civic Touring Cruise Control Issue (car rocks front to back)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-22-2015 10:10
So I've played with this some more. I didn't hit the econ button yet to see if it changes, I'll do that next.

I got a long stretch of highway on Friday and it does it whether cruise is off or on. You just have to hold the speed steady.

If you go to sport mode, it doesn't do it but the RPMs go from 2000ish to 3500ish.

I called my dad who said "is it the turbo?". I put the turbo gauge on and every time the turbo kicks in is when you get this vibration/surging effect so I'm going out on a limb and saying it is turbo related and not CVT related.

I can tell you it starts around 60mph being noticeable but it very little and starts really showing itself around 70-71 mph. I had the car up to 80 and can verify it as noticeable at 80mph as 70mph. The motor seems to have to be around 1900-2400 on the highway going between 70 and 80 for this to start and the turbo has to be showing 1 to 2 bars.

I'm a little upset I forgot to hit the econ button. I'll get back with everyone on that.

Sam from Honda,
I have an appointment at the dealer tomorrow. I'll call the customer service line and let them know.

Thanks....Bob

Thread Page - [1] 2
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0