[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Honda announces changes for 2019 Civic, including new Sport trim
More.......................
When is the 2019 Accord arriving in showrooms? Maybe not until 2019
American Honda Reports July Sales Results
Official statement from Honda concerning flooding of Celaya factory
News from the dealer side: 2019 HR-V, Fit, and Insight production impacted due to flooding in Celaya
2019 Honda HR-V updated with styling tweaks, Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, and available Honda Sensing
2019 Acura MDX Arrives with Luxury and Performance Upgrades Plus First A-Spec Variant
SPIED IN EUROPE! Civic Type R refresh
Accord --> Re: Local dealer has a bunch of new 17 Accord Tourings in front of building.
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> Re: Ridgeline outlasts Taco in Death Valley Torture Test
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Alonso Quits F1
Join Discussion......
Pilot --> Re: Passport spy pics
Join Discussion......
Pilot --> Re: 2019 Pilot "Black Edition"
Join Discussion......
Honda Motorcycles --> Re: Retro Honda CBX returning - yes it has an L6. July 12-18
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
HR-V/Vezel --> Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Alaska Airlines plane hijacked
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Navigation and Subtle Aromatherapy
Join Discussion......
Clarity --> Re: Clarity PHEV Owner
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: "Moose Test". Nissan Kicks fail
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: Re:Honda Debuts 2019 Civic Sport in Sedan and Coupe Form
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: H2 for All... again at last!
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: No more 3rd gen FC Clarity, Hello 2020 4th gen
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Professional Motorsports > > Re: Honda 200 at Mid-Ohio

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
iutodd
Profile for iutodd
Rahal wins Honda 200 at Mid-Ohio    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-03-2015 12:27
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Honda has obviously had lots of issues this year in Indy Car and they might not be back next year or something...

But Graham Rahal has now won two of the last four races (Honda in general has won three of the last four) and now Rahal is only 9 points out of first place in the standings with two races to go.

http://www.indycar.com/News/2015/08/8-2-Rahal-wins-Honda-Indy-200-at-Mid-Ohio

Anyway - hadn't seen this posted yet so I thought I'd post it - really nice that Honda got the "home" win at the Honda sponsored race.

gofast182
Profile for gofast182
Re: Rahal wins Honda 200 at Mid-Ohio    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-03-2015 13:16
It was a good race to watch and a bonus for Honda to do so well at home. In addition to Rahal and Honda the sport and the Ohio crowd also had a win yesterday.

Now that Walker is gone we may see Honda start to move on re-engagement for next year. Bullwinkle can comment better on that.

Side note: for the third time this year, post-race, I heard Kanaan comment, almost lament, how close together the cars are. If it's that much of a problem or worry maybe he should step aside and let a younger guy who wants to race in there.

Colin
Profile for Colin
Re: Rahal wins Honda 200 at Mid-Ohio    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-03-2015 14:05
I agree on the comment on Kanaan. He usually adds "I hope the fans enjoyed it" as if to say "but I didn't." Dixon was unusually critical after the race as well. I know he got hosed by the 2nd yellow, but whining about Grahams restart and the officials seemed like sour grapes to me. I'm guessing that the fact that he had difficulty getting back to the front meant that he had a setup that could only lead and not follow. IMO, his team's choice.

Anyway, iutodd I know it's a whole day later, but shouldn't the thread title be, "Indycar: Mid-Ohio Race Results"? It is possible that some were working yesterday and would watch today. I normally practice a self-imposed media blackout until I've watched something, but HPD spoiled it on Sunday by announcing the winner on the FB feed BEFORE the race ran in my timezone. Sheesh, I thought the race broadcast was live so I was browsing FB before the noon start time.

iutodd
Profile for iutodd
Honda 200 at Mid-Ohio    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-03-2015 14:26
Colin you are right.

That is completely my fault.

sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: Honda 200 at Mid-Ohio    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-03-2015 20:55
I haven't had the opportunity to watch the race yet, but I must say, this winning by luck [as to the timing of your pit stops] isn't real racing is it?

But it is entertainment, so for most that is a good thing.

As for Kannan, I think you have to respect the driver's point of view. All good to say 'let a younger, braver driver take over", but how comfortable would we be, if yet another driver looses his life? What if the car, or parts of it, ends up in the crowd? I can remember when too many of my heroes died at the wheel, and today we are better off that they don't, as often. If the top drivers complain, I believe it would be foolish to ignore them. What more do the top drivers have to prove, in terms of bravery? We have no idea of just how brave each and everyone of them are.

TaSato
Profile for TaSato
Re: Honda 200 at Mid-Ohio    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-04-2015 00:37
GRAHAM RAHAL, No. 15 Steak Ďn Shake Dallara/Honda/Firestone:
ďHonestly, if Iíd won a lot of races in my career but I never won this one, I think Iíd be pretty disappointed. For me and the Steak Ďn Shake team, that win means more to me than anything else, means more than my first win to me. This is the best day. Strategy just worked today. Sometimes things just go your way and today was one of those days. For the Rahals, when it goes back to Jim Trueman and everyone else, this track has been pretty special to us for so, so many years. Jim was the man who founded this place, got this place going. He was also the one who got my dad started in racing. Itís come full circle. I used to go to the Steak Ďn Shake about 5 to 8 miles from here and play around, eat a lot of cheese fries and stuff. Itís funny how this whole thing has come together. Iíve got the Buckeye helmet; this is all amazing.

The tires were awesome; reds, blacks, it didnít matter for me. Used reds were good for me, particularly at the end, I was just able to just absolutely gap anyone I needed to at the end. I didnít have any push-to-passes left on that last restart so I was pretty nervous (Justin) Wilson would get me. I canít thank all the fans enough. The crowd today was absolutely unbelievable. This hometown crowd was amazing and I appreciate the support so much. I remember standing on the podium with my dad here way back, I think it was his last year (racing here). There is a picture of me on the podium with him as a little kid. I was joking a couple of days ago that I have been on the podium at Mid-Ohio before but never on my own. There is no better way to go than to get to the top step I guess.Ē

FAST FACTS: Started 13th and was 11th when the team elected to pit early for their first stop due to the fact that Rahal was unable to drive to the carís potential in traffic. Once in clean air, Rahal gained track position and leapfrogged cars ahead when they pitted and he moved up to third. On a restart he dropped to fourth when Justin Wilson passed him. He maintained a top-four spot for the majority of the stints. Later Rahal pit right before a caution came out for Sage Karam and once the pits opened and all other cars made their stops, Rahal was in the lead. Ultimately he led a race-high 23 laps and held off Justin Wilson for two restarts and steadily built his gap to take the checkered flag 3.4 seconds ahead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrvisnKMW7Q

gofast182
Profile for gofast182
Re: Honda 200 at Mid-Ohio    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-04-2015 06:58
sadlerau wrote:
I haven't had the opportunity to watch the race yet, but I must say, this winning by luck [as to the timing of your pit stops] isn't real racing is it?

But it is entertainment, so for most that is a good thing.

As for Kannan, I think you have to respect the driver's point of view. All good to say 'let a younger, braver driver take over", but how comfortable would we be, if yet another driver looses his life? What if the car, or parts of it, ends up in the crowd? I can remember when too many of my heroes died at the wheel, and today we are better off that they don't, as often. If the top drivers complain, I believe it would be foolish to ignore them. What more do the top drivers have to prove, in terms of bravery? We have no idea of just how brave each and everyone of them are.

Did I say braver? No. Kanaan is brave enough because he's out there doing it. Implied may/should have been 'eager', a racer who doesn't bitch about having to race. The cars are incredibly safe, there's certain risk to be accepted in racing, and there was nothing especially unsafe about the Mid-Ohio race. If we space the cars out to make Kanaan more comfortable out there what kind of racing would that be?

saitamahonda
Profile for saitamahonda
Re: Honda 200 at Mid-Ohio    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-04-2015 08:05
A win is a win.
Timing of your pit stops isn't real racing? This is not racing. This is motorsport.

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0