[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
More.......................
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
American Honda reports January sales
Acura Marks 15th Anniversary of Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™
Honda releases pricing and EPA information for 2019 Passport
American Honda Reports December Sales
American Honda Reports November Sales
General Talk --> Re: Said Goodbye to the MDX Today
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Will Honda join Aston Martin and Red Bull with Sports Cars
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Z6 head studs
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - Toro Rosso STR14 Pictures
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda Loses a $38 Million Liability Lawsuit
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2020 Honda Fit Render
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Swindon in peril
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Facts about HMA - 60 years of AHM - 50 years of CB750
Join Discussion......
Audio & Electronics --> Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Kandi EV Approved for US
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Timid AHM marketing
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Poor reliability scores for Honda and Acura
Join Discussion......
TOV Asia --> Re: Honda JP Sales 2018: Hybrids make up 55% of reg. cars
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > General Talk > > Re: Should Acura put turn Citroen like signals?

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
Daveg5
Profile for Daveg5
Should Acura put turn signals into door mirrors on all acuras    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-04-2003 20:53
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
i think they should as it will add distinction from honda and other luxury makes as long as they wont work on honda or you will have major theft, what do you think?
sey51
Profile for sey51
Re: Should Acura put turn signals into door mirrors on all acuras    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-04-2003 21:01
I'm not sure about the distinction being good. The only vehicles I've noticed these signals on are land yachts like Ford SUV's. I think if I saw an RSX with turn signals in the mirrors I would just laugh. Like a car that small really needs another set of signals?
And there's no way you could make the mirrors "not work" on Hondas, electricity is electricity.

AL CAM
Profile for AL CAM
Re: Should Acura put turn signals into door mirrors on all acuras    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-04-2003 22:25
I think that it should be a law for them to be on all cars, like in europe. I have found that it is a big safety factor when driving on the hi-way. especially when going into the middle lane. Take a look at mine where i put them, not so big on safety but looks kool. http://hometown.aol.com/cuppaled/myhomepage/profile.html look colsely at the front mud guards.
dydx
Profile for dydx
Re: Should Acura put turn signals into door mirrors on all acuras    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-04-2003 23:30
I don't think they'd be distinct, as Mercedes already uses turn signals on door mirrors on their cars. But I do think they look really cool, so yes, I think Acura should put them on all their cars - just for aesthetic purposes.
Daveg5
Profile for Daveg5
Re: Should Acura put turn signals into door mirrors on all acuras    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-05-2003 05:10
sey51 wrote:
I'm not sure about the distinction being good. The only vehicles I've noticed these signals on are land yachts like Ford SUV's. I think if I saw an RSX with turn signals in the mirrors I would just laugh. Like a car that small really needs another set of signals?
And there's no way you could make the mirrors "not work" on Hondas, electricity is electricity.

looks great on the tsx and thats not much bigger, it would be mercedes and acura good company to keep and safety sells right? that big suv can now see the rsx is about to turn.

Nynvolt
Profile for Nynvolt
Re: Should Acura put turn signals into door mirrors on all acuras    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-05-2003 10:03
Personally I think the blinker lights in the mirrors look tacky, but thats just me. The ones that are behind the glass and only visable when being used aren't so bad but otherwise they are ugly.

As far as them being there for safety, well you'd have to actually use your blinkers to make them work. I live in southern California and I rarely ever see anyone but truck drivers using their blinkers. But I think per capita we have the worse drivers in the world here.

FNJ
Profile for FNJ
Re: Should Acura put turn signals into door mirrors on all acuras    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-05-2003 12:09
You wan't bad drivers come to NJ. I'm pretty sure turn signals are options on cars here, much like the California emissions.
kablamo
Profile for kablamo
Re: Should Acura put turn signals into door mirrors on all acuras    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-05-2003 12:15
I think what would be cool is if they were a dealer-installed option on their whole lineup.
Double-O Smith
Profile for Double-O Smith
Re: Should Acura put turn signals into door mirrors on all acuras    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-05-2003 12:34
I think a bigger safety issue would be side markers. I can't remember how many times I've almost hit, or seen people almost hit s omeone both have turn signals on and both going for the same lane. If they had side markers they'd see it and might back off. I dunno if I like the idea of them on Acuras....
TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Should Acura put turn Citroen like signals?    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-06-2003 14:44
Eons ago, some french cars (Citroens) had these little arms that swang out from the top of the C-pillar when the turn signals came on. At the end of the arms was a red light bulb which was an additional flashing indicator.

They sort of looked like this:

-------------
| ........... |-o
|o.........o|
.| |-----| |

It was pretty cool... Or course, being french it was wacky as hell.. but still pretty cool...

BSEVEER
Profile for BSEVEER
Re: Should Acura put turn Citroen like signals?    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-06-2003 16:23
Old Volkswagen Beetles had them too, they are called semiphores, at least they were called that on the VW.

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0