[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
More.......................
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
American Honda reports January sales
Acura Marks 15th Anniversary of Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™
Honda releases pricing and EPA information for 2019 Passport
American Honda Reports December Sales
American Honda Reports November Sales
General Talk --> Re: Facts about HMA - 60 years of AHM - 50 years of CB750
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Said Goodbye to the MDX Today
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Will Honda join Aston Martin and Red Bull with Sports Cars
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Z6 head studs
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - Toro Rosso STR14 Pictures
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda Loses a $38 Million Liability Lawsuit
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2020 Honda Fit Render
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Swindon in peril
Join Discussion......
Audio & Electronics --> Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Kandi EV Approved for US
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Timid AHM marketing
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Poor reliability scores for Honda and Acura
Join Discussion......
TOV Asia --> Re: Honda JP Sales 2018: Hybrids make up 55% of reg. cars
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > General Talk > > Re: Dr. Ganger's huffing the bath salt!

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
DrWhiner
Profile for DrWhiner
Fancy a top of the line Tesla?    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-27-2015 14:49
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
According to reports you can order a new P85D Model S and it's ready for delivery within 20 days!!!
DrWhiner
Profile for DrWhiner
Re: Tesla: screeching to a halt?    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-28-2015 11:53
Shipments went down to 10?

See bottom right

sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: Tesla: screeching to a halt?    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-28-2015 18:04
I'm actually starting to see Teslas on the road down under!
atomiclightbulb
Profile for atomiclightbulb
Re: Tesla: screeching to a halt?    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-28-2015 20:14
You obviously have some issue with Tesla Motors.

Ironically, the more you post about this company, the more ToV readers are going to know and learn about Tesla and its products.

The reality is that you aren't helping Honda/Acura at all by attacking Tesla. The only way Honda/Acura stops getting bashed here (see the TLX Edmunds' long-term thread in the Today's Reading Links forum) is that Honda starts making better products.

DrWhiner wrote:
According to reports you can order a new P85D Model S and it's ready for delivery within 20 days!!!

As of 3/28/2015, Tesla's website is reporting May delivery for all trims of the Model S (60, 85, 85D, and P85D). You can check the status for yourself here: http://my.teslamotors.com/models/design

DrWhiner wrote:
Shipments went down to 10?

See bottom right

Monthly shipments to a specific country are an inaccurate gauge of global demand because Tesla builds a relatively small number of cars each year (for 2014, they built about 33,000 vehicles). Depending on the batching and allocation schedule, they may ship 0 cars to some markets in some months.

Anyone reading DrWhiner's posts should also be aware that this user name is a sock puppet account of the user NoBrainer: http://www.vtec.net/forums/one-message?message_id=1219876&page_number=1

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: Tesla: screeching to a halt?    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-28-2015 21:46
atomiclightbulb wrote:

Anyone reading DrWhiner's posts should also be aware that this user name is a sock puppet account of the user NoBrainer: http://www.vtec.net/forums/one-message?message_id=1219876&page_number=1

Very Interesting!

jshaw
Profile for jshaw
Dr. Ganger's huffing the bath salt!    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-29-2015 02:53
superchg2 wrote:
atomiclightbulb wrote:

Very Interesting!

LOL! How silly can that be?

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: Dr. Ganger's huffing the bath salt!    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-29-2015 03:00
jshaw wrote:
superchg2 wrote:
atomiclightbulb wrote:

Very Interesting!

I have noticed some similarities.

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: Dr. Ganger's huffing the bath salt!    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-29-2015 03:09
jshaw wrote:
superchg2 wrote:
atomiclightbulb wrote:

Very Interesting!

I have noticed some similarities.

Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: Dr. Ganger's huffing the bath salt!    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-29-2015 08:13
jshaw wrote:
superchg2 wrote:
atomiclightbulb wrote:

Very Interesting!

Why Rolled's been using the "Dr Brainless" moniker for a while.

More evidential of a disturbed mind, I'd hazard.

A bit like ending every passive aggressive post with a false :lol:

DrWhiner
Profile for DrWhiner
Re: Tesla: screeching to a halt?    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-29-2015 11:07
@atomiclightbulb: You better argue with these FACTS:

- sales in California, the largest electric car market (or car market for that matter) and the trend setter in U.S., dropped 27% last year

- multiple reports of "massive" layoffs in China and other markets

- just 2,500 Model S were registered in China last year

- speculations that Tesla is stuck with "thousands" unwanted Model S in China

- Tesla has traditionally built cars to order, no more. The company is now building cars beyond what is ordered

- report in U.S. that order time for a top of the line model S has shortened dramatically to 20 days

atomiclightbulb
Re: Tesla: screeching to a halt?    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-29-2015 11:48
DrWhiner, aka NoBrainer,

I refer you to Tesla Motors' 10-Q filing with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission for the year ending December 31, 2014:

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1318605/000156459015001031/tsla-10k_20141231.htm

(1) On the subject of sales figures, On page 53: "Deliveries of Model S vehicles were 31,655 in 2014, 22,477 in 2013, and 2,636 in 2012 following the commencement of our Model S deliveries in June 2012."

Again, you cannot cherry pick specific markets in order to imply that the company is "screeching to a halt". The fact is that Tesla sold around 41% more vehicles in 2014 than in 2013.

(2) On the subject of "building cars beyond what is ordered, on page 47: "Our orders for Model S in 2014 significantly increased from the prior year as we expanded our operations internationally and introduced Model S product enhancements. In October 2014, we revealed our All-Wheel Drive Dual Motor Model S and our Autopilot system. This version of Model S proved very popular, leading to over 10,000 unfulfilled orders as of January 1, 2015."

and

"As of December 31, 2014, we had received almost 20,000 reservations for Model X in advance of its planned introduction later this year. "

Keep in mind that the May 2015 delivery dates stated by Tesla's website are for United States deliveries. International deliveries take substantially longer depending on batching and shipping times. The company also needs to build some extra cars as demo vehicles for stores and loaners for service centers.

and

"In order to meet this anticipated demand for both Model S and Model X, we are executing a plan to increase our combined Model S and Model X production capacity to over 2,000 units per week by the end of 2015"

On page 48: "Our recent production capacity expansion contributed to several weeks of production in excess of 1,000 vehicles per week during the last few months of 2014. "

If a customer in the U.S. ordered a car last week, with expected delivery in May 2015 (I linked the Tesla website order page, you can confirm for yourself that delivery is "May", not 20 days), the delivery window is anywhere from 5 to 8 weeks from ordering. This implies that where U.S. orders are concerned, Tesla has anywhere from 5,000 to 8,000 units in queue for production. International orders take up additional factory capacity.

In summary, the company is not building cars beyond what is ordered, except for store demos and service center loaners.

(3) Regarding layoffs in China, most of those jobs appear to be in sales and marketing, and the company fired these employees for incompetence. Source: http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/02/10/us-tesla-china-exclusive-idUSKBN0LE2Q320150210

From the article: "The company in mid-December confirmed the departure of China manager Veronica Wu. Her predecessor, Kingston Chang, left Tesla last March.

Musk in the internal email said underperforming company managers "will be asked to leave or assume a more junior role. This has already happened in China and will likely happen in some other countries, too."

If many employees are bad at their jobs, why wouldn't Tesla fire these underperformers wholesale?

atomiclightbulb
Re: Dr. Ganger's huffing the bath salt!    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-29-2015 11:56
Nick GravesX wrote:
jshaw wrote:
superchg2 wrote:
atomiclightbulb wrote:

Very Interesting!

Are you saying that RolledaNSX is the same person as DrWhiner and NoBrainer?

I don't have a problem with people criticizing Tesla or its products. Honest and thoughtful critique of any company and its products results in better products for consumers. I will be the first to say that while Tesla makes some great and innovative products that can meet the needs of a large % of drivers, their cars are not yet for everyone due to price and other factors.

I do have a problem with people creating multiple sock puppet accounts for the purpose of spreading FUD and/or trolling. I am pretty sure this is against ToV policy.

DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: Dr. Ganger's huffing the bath salt!    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-29-2015 12:12
atomiclightbulb wrote:

No, he is saying Rolled called him out on it earlier.

RolledaNsx
Profile for RolledaNsx
Re: Dr. Ganger's huffing the bath salt!    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-29-2015 12:14
atomiclightbulb wrote:
Nick GravesX wrote:
jshaw wrote:
superchg2 wrote:
atomiclightbulb wrote:

Very Interesting!

I don't have a problem with people criticizing Tesla or its products. Honest and thoughtful critique of any company and its products results in better products for consumers. I will be the first to say that while Tesla makes some great and innovative products that can meet the needs of a large % of drivers, their cars are not yet for everyone due to price and other factors.

I do have a problem with people creating multiple sock puppet accounts for the purpose of spreading FUD and/or trolling. I am pretty sure this is against ToV policy.

That is fighting words.That puck isn't me!

Dr whiner's(AKA NoBrainer) is some lost soul that uses the Web(forums) as his best friend(even better than is right hand in the middle of the night)

THX17201
Profile for THX17201
Re: Dr. Ganger's huffing the bath salt!    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-29-2015 12:21
atomiclightbulb wrote:

I think he is saying that Rolled made up the name Dr. Brainless to combine both names.

DrWhiner
Profile for DrWhiner
Re: Tesla: screeching to a halt?    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-29-2015 12:22
[...] estimated Model S production in excess of demand to be approximately 3000 vehicles after factoring in vehicles in transit, in showrooms, and in service centers.

•... pre-configured Model S vehicles being available on Alibaba's T-Mall as an indication that China may largely be responsible for the excess inventory.

•Recent press reports out of China seem to validate this explanation that excess inventory in China is, in large part, responsible for the mismatch between production and deliveries.

•Perhaps more significantly, these recent press reports indicate even larger issues for Tesla in the world's largest auto market.

•... a 30% headcount reduction indicate that the China demand issue is perhaps more than a temporary blip for the company

Tesla confirmed this month that it is cutting jobs in China, after a domestic newspaper reported the company will reduce staff by 30 percent after sales failed to meet expectations

- On Mar 27, Musk was still blowing his own horn boasting "to 'localise production' of electric cars in China",
touting "[l]ocalising production in China, as well as Europe, is 'just the sensible, logical thing'

It's not all about China. You have no argument with report that order time for top of the line Model S has shortened dramatically to 20 days in U.S. It's proof that Tesla's order book is dwindling!

atomiclightbulb
Re: Dr. Ganger's huffing the bath salt!    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-29-2015 12:55
RolledaNsx wrote:
atomiclightbulb wrote:
Nick GravesX wrote:
jshaw wrote:
superchg2 wrote:
atomiclightbulb wrote:

Very Interesting!

That is fighting words.That puck isn't me!

Dr whiner's(AKA NoBrainer) is some lost soul that uses the Web(forums) as his best friend(even better than is right hand in the middle of the night)

RolledaNsx,

My apologies.

When I read Nick GraveX's post "Why Rolled's been using the "Dr Brainless" moniker for a while.", I mistakenly interpreted it to mean that he was saying you were using the DrWhiner/NoBrainer user names.

I realize now that you are not that forum member.

I think your contributions to the forum have been insightful.

atomiclightbulb
Re: Tesla: screeching to a halt?    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-29-2015 13:04
DrWhiner wrote:
It's not all about China. You have no argument with report that order time for top of the line Model S has shortened dramatically to 20 days in U.S. It's proof that Tesla's order book is dwindling!

Yes, I do:

http://my.teslamotors.com/models/design/

I clicked on the P85D option, added a ton of options that I thought were nice, and next to the red "Order" button in the right hand side, it quite clearly states "May Delivery".

Today is 3/29/2015 in the United States.

20 days from now is April 18, 2015.

May != April.

Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: Dr. Ganger's huffing the bath salt!    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-29-2015 13:16
DCR wrote:
atomiclightbulb wrote:

No, he is saying Rolled called him out on it earlier.

:rofl: Now that WOULD be a serious multiple personality disorder!

In fact, none of you exist and are all muses created in my mind...

DCR's interpreted my sentence correctly..

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0