[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
2019 Acura MDX Arrives with Luxury and Performance Upgrades Plus First A-Spec Variant
More.......................
SPIED IN EUROPE! Civic Type R refresh
American Honda Sets New June Sales Records on Strength of Light Trucks
Honda reveals refreshed 2019 HR-V and Pilot
Acura TLX GT wins class and places 3rd overall at 2018 Pikes Peak International Hill Climb
Spied on the Street! 2019 Pilot and Pilot PHEV mule
All-New 2019 Honda Insight Brings Style, Sophistication and 55 mpg City Rating
It's Official: Honda to supply Red Bull Racing in Formula One from 2019
General Talk --> Re: Trying to decide on color
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: I'm in a 2019 RDX Advance this week. Any specific questions while I have it?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda new teaser ad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: 2019 Supra may get 4cyl
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Zak Brown: 2018 McLaren ‘weaker than last year’s car’
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Munro says Model 3 has >30% gross margin
Join Discussion......
ILX --> Re: 2019 ILX
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: MotoGP - Assen TT (you should watch)
Join Discussion......
Insight --> Re: My next car?
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: New RDX vs NX Infomercial
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Such a damn nice car
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Type-R Fascia Changes spotted at Nurburgring
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: Marauding Mirais
Join Discussion......
Hot Deals --> Great lightning deal on Anker ROAV C1 Pro (2k resolution) dashcam - $75
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > 04.26 BestCar reveals some specs for the 1.5 VTEC Turbo found in new StepWGN > > Re: 6000 RPM for the fuel cut-off?

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

JP
Profile for JP
6000 RPM for the fuel cut-off? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-25-2015 13:40
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
No 7k anymore?
mckillio
Profile for mckillio
Re: 6000 RPM for the fuel cut-off? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-25-2015 13:55
Sounds about right since it's a base engine and it's now turbo'd and has a long stroke.
Dren
Profile for Dren
Re: 6000 RPM for the fuel cut-off? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-25-2015 14:09
mckillio wrote:
Sounds about right since it's a base engine and it's now turbo'd and has a long stroke.

Where does it say it has a long stroke?

Dren
Profile for Dren
Re: 6000 RPM for the fuel cut-off? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-25-2015 14:11
JP wrote:
No 7k anymore?

This is a base turbo engine, it's not going to be tuned for higher RPMs. It looks to have a very fat and flat torque curve. It is similar to the 3 cylinder turbo's power curve in the kei cars. The S660 is supposed to have a more linear, sportier power curve, so I'd expect that if/when Honda uses this 1.5t in their sporty cars, it'll have a similar power curve.

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: 6000 RPM for the fuel cut-off? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-25-2015 14:27
betcha the next Si will get the 201 horse.
Dren
Profile for Dren
Re: 6000 RPM for the fuel cut-off? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-25-2015 14:31
superchg2 wrote:

I've been saying the same thing. I bet the next Si is lighter with a similar powered motor.

Torque
Profile for Torque
Re: 6000 RPM for the fuel cut-off? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-25-2015 15:32
superchg2 wrote:

Have some faith. It is going to have 202 ponies. One extra.

"Introducing the most powerful Si ever"

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: 6000 RPM for the fuel cut-off? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-25-2015 15:39
Torque wrote:
superchg2 wrote:

The 2015 Si already has 205hp.

iutodd
Profile for iutodd
Re: 6000 RPM for the fuel cut-off? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-25-2015 16:11
Dren wrote:
mckillio wrote:

If it really is a reincarnation of the A Engine then according to Wikipedia the A 1.6L had a bore of 80 mm and a stroke of 79.5. So almost exactly square - just like the K20. What I understand about engines is pretty basic but from my understanding a square or slightly under square (as the A1.6 technically was) engine is better suited for high RPM peak power.

I have no idea how or if it would work but a 1.5 turbo that revs to 7500 with torque all the way across and peak power not hitting until 6500+ revs sounds pretty good right?

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: 6000 RPM for the fuel cut-off? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-25-2015 16:36
iutodd wrote:
Dren wrote:
mckillio wrote:

If it really is a reincarnation of the A Engine then according to Wikipedia the A 1.6L had a bore of 80 mm and a stroke of 79.5. So almost exactly square - just like the K20. What I understand about engines is pretty basic but from my understanding a square or slightly under square (as the A1.6 technically was) engine is better suited for high RPM peak power.

I have no idea how or if it would work but a 1.5 turbo that revs to 7500 with torque all the way across and peak power not hitting until 6500+ revs sounds pretty good right?

Just because it's reportedly reusing the A-series nomenclature doesn't mean it's a reincarnation of the actual hardware. Beyond a shared bore spacing, the f-series in the S2000 had virtually nothing to do with the f-series that was found in older accord and prelude models.

What you describe does sound pretty good but I don't think that's what we're going to be getting. I think we're going to be getting something that uses similar geometry to the L15, with a beefed up block and bottom end. I hope I'm wrong.

Torque
Profile for Torque
Re: 6000 RPM for the fuel cut-off? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-25-2015 16:51
JeffX wrote:
Torque wrote:
superchg2 wrote:

I should have put that I was just kidding with that. But still, the Si needs to step up the game some. I hope we don't just get another tiny incremental increase.

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: 6000 RPM for the fuel cut-off? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-25-2015 17:13
JeffX wrote:
Torque wrote:
superchg2 wrote:

Let us not forget about the Type R, with the 2.0T / 295hp to fill out the new Civic line up. And if Honda neglects to bring us this model, it's probably time to look at the AWD Focus RS, anyways.
:)

iutodd
Profile for iutodd
Re: 6000 RPM for the fuel cut-off? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-25-2015 19:31
JeffX wrote:
Just because it's reportedly reusing the A-series nomenclature doesn't mean it's a reincarnation of the actual hardware. Beyond a shared bore spacing, the f-series in the S2000 had virtually nothing to do with the f-series that was found in older accord and prelude models.

What you describe does sound pretty good but I don't think that's what we're going to be getting. I think we're going to be getting something that uses similar geometry to the L15, with a beefed up block and bottom end. I hope I'm wrong.

I know and thanks for the info about the other blocks...again I am not very knowledgable about engines. I'm just curious as to why they would use it (if indeed they are using it) when they have however many other letters to choose from.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: 6000 RPM for the fuel cut-off? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-25-2015 21:02
JeffX wrote:
iutodd wrote:
Dren wrote:
mckillio wrote:

You don't mean to say that someday we'll find the K24'd Si to be a fun weekend car?

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: 6000 RPM for the fuel cut-off? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-25-2015 21:04
superchg2 wrote:
JeffX wrote:
Torque wrote:
superchg2 wrote:

Let us not forget about the Type R, with the 2.0T / 295hp to fill out the new Civic line up. And if Honda neglects to bring us this model, it's probably time to look at the AWD Focus RS, anyways.
:)

The thing is that the Focus is tiny compared to the Civic.

You can actually carry four grown ups in the Civic.

crx-man
Profile for crx-man
Re: 6000 RPM for the fuel cut-off? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-25-2015 23:16
I guess in a hot hatch, the most important thing is the trunk capacity.

If any car segment is designed for and mostly bought by people who frequently carry 4 passengers, then that's hot hatch class, oh yeah.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: 6000 RPM for the fuel cut-off? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-26-2015 15:02
crx-man wrote:
I guess in a hot hatch, the most important thing is the trunk capacity.

If any car segment is designed for and mostly bought by people who frequently carry 4 passengers, then that's hot hatch class, oh yeah.

My point is that a five door hatch with a cramped back seat is useless and compromised. Might as well do a three door ( like the old Civics -even though their back seats were useful) and avoid all the extra weight and cost.

Or do a CRX like job!

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0